PDA

View Full Version : Krum (7-0) @ Decatur (3-4)

5wide
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Krum's first year in Varsity football and they're off to a suprising start. With impressive wins against weak opponents ( I say B-port is way down, not weak) who so you think will win friday night?

Bullaholic
10-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Krum's first year in Varsity football and they're off to a suprising start. With impressive wins against weak opponents ( I say B-port is way down, not weak) who so you think will win friday night?

If the Bobcat backs get into the Eagle secondary very often---it will be a long night for the Eagles---they are very quick and elusive with a big line in front of them. I'm pulling for the Eagles---that way the Bulls will have a shot at tying things up in district in a couple of weeks. If the Eagle offense can stay with the Krum offense, then it's going to be a close one. All things considered---Krum by 10.

5wide
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Krum is very fortunate to play Decatur, Sanger and B-port this year and not last year. It would be a totally different district race if that were the case. I think it will be a close one at the end.

BullBoy
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Krum is very fortunate to play Decatur, Sanger and B-port this year and not last year. It would be a totally different district race if that were the case. I think it will be a close one at the end.

I agree, unfortunately Krum caught us all on a down year (except for Gainesville, they seem to be doing well.)

Decatur will need to contain the Krum QB, he's a quick kid. One missed tackle and he's running for a first down if not more. Alot of read option and runs up the gut is what the Eagles will see Friday. I wasn't too impressed with their passing game.

regaleagle
10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Just from reading the articles in the newspapers about the two teams and having firsthand knowledge of all the schools over the years(except Krum) from playing them all, I'd say Gainesville is the favorite in this district, with Krum giving them a run for the title. Looks like Decatur never has found their stride yet this season, but they do have a good qb in Muelstein. I honestly thought they would win this district going away this year after Bridgeport's qb relocated. Gainesville appears to be the real deal, and now so does Krum. What they lack in experience they seem to offset in puredee athletic ability and desire. I'd say Krum is improving each week at a rate greater than most of the competition, JMO.