PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer's Luke Turner throws TD pass for Rice against UTSA

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2012, 09:17 AM
C-USA Point After - UTSA Vs Rice

http://www.nasdaq.com/video/video.aspx?vid=C-USA-Point-After---UTSA-Vs-Rice-517506808

The play begins at about the 0:42 mark. Way to go, Luke Turner!

defense51
10-15-2012, 09:28 AM
C-USA Point After - UTSA Vs Rice

http://www.nasdaq.com/video/video.aspx?vid=C-USA-Point-After---UTSA-Vs-Rice-517506808

The play begins at about the 0:42 mark. Way to go, Luke Turner!:2thumbsup

waterboy
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Did I read right when they said they made Luke a running back at Rice? I guess anything that lets him touch the ball is a good thing for Luke. He can run or pass with the best of them.

buckeyebob
10-15-2012, 01:18 PM
They will really be suprised if they let him kick it.

waterboy
10-15-2012, 01:26 PM
They will really be suprised if they let him kick it.
No kidding. Luke can a put a foot into it.........as well as run it with authority......and pass it with accuracy. I think we would've had a MUCH more realistic shot at a state championship last year had he not gotten hurt in the Carthage game.

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Did I read right when they said they made Luke a running back at Rice? I guess anything that lets him touch the ball is a good thing for Luke. He can run or pass with the best of them.

You read right. What also surprises me is that he runs back kickoffs. Coming into that game with UTSA, I happened to read he had amassed 254 yards in kickoff returns during the previous three games. Yeah, bob, you're right. They don't know what they're missing if they're not letting him kick off.

waterboy
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
You read right. What also surprises me is that he runs back kickoffs. Coming into that game with UTSA, I happened to read he had amassed 254 yards in kickoff returns during the previous three games. Yeah, bob, you're right. They don't know what they're missing if they're not letting him kick off.

Or punt it.....

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
No doubt. How could I forget. I think losing him as a kicker/punter did us more damage last season than losing him at QB, considering how well Jordan Traylor threw the ball.

waterboy
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
No doubt. How could I forget. I think losing him as a kicker/punter did us more damage last season than losing him at QB, considering how well Jordan Traylor threw the ball.
When Luke went down, it changed our whole offense because he was a dual threat QB. He could run it, throw it, kick it, punt it, return it, play defense, a receiver, and most importantly, a leader. The whole personality of the team changed when Luke went out for the season. Jordan wasn't nearly as versatile, but he was a heck of a passer, and we couldn't have gotten as far without him. I'm not complaining because that's the breaks. I still say we would've had a much better chance at a title with Luke running the show.

buckeyebob
10-16-2012, 06:13 AM

I have heard Traylor say he has Div. 1 / Pro kicker/punter ability...I know it was always fun to watch him.