PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Navarro

rb585
10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
So, it's my first trip there. Hints on parking?

ogg
10-14-2012, 11:50 PM
So, it's my first trip there. Hints on parking?

Why is Bandera in the poll?

bag-o-chips
10-15-2012, 05:20 AM
I guess is a little sarcasm directed at Bandera from last week.

I can assure you Navarro will not talk smack about this contest. W Texans deserve what they have earned and that is respect. Navarro will be ready for the game and I can assure you of a good contest.

As you head south on 123 and near the school you will see a large portable sign saying Visitor Parking and turn right where you will park at the north end of the field. The visitor stands are on the east side with the purple pressbox. Consessions are in the Event center just south of the stadium next to the New HS building. The Home side now has a new Pressbox and a 500 seat addition. The practice field was resodded this year and word on the street is there is a good chance of having the field redone in turf for nextyear due to usage and water issues.

Welcome to our community and heres hoping we will be able to give you a good contest!

1st and goal
10-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Padilla picks W over N by 1 point. This might be a good game.

Navarro peeps, tell us why your team will win?

I've only seen Wimbo play and if they can play a complete game, I think they'll win.

buff4ever
10-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Wimberley will be fine in this match up, I think they win by 10.

Snotbubbles
10-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Navarro nips WT late, 30-28. Padilla smells something here.

NastySlot
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
who played qb v. boerne for Navarro?

Gone Fishing
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Navarro's got the record, but I don't see it happening.

Gone Fishing
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Wimberley is good against the Slot - T , proved that for 3 quarters against LH. Our offense needs to put up points again like last game.

lbjacj
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Texans D will not give up 30 points. If they play like they did against Bandera they should win by 10+.

Say
34-13 Texans

Tejastrue
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong Bags...Navarro still runs a ground and pound slot-t offense much like Liberty Hill. (mascot is also the purple panther :wave:). Looking at their stats it appears they've been very successful with 4 different players at close to 500 yards or more rushing. I picked you guys early in the season to be back this year and it appears that has happened. Will be interesting match-up.

bag-o-chips
10-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Tejas you were right. Navarro sort of plays under the radar and that is ok. They actually beat Devine in the live scrimmage as well so I know we can play. The Antonian game just sort of spun out of control with a scoop and score then a fumble on the ensuing kickoff but they never quit. The starting qb has been out since the HC game with Marion. Looks like they have rolled just as well. The Boerne game we had 3 drives over 90+ yards and 72 total plays with 66 rushing. That is one way to beat a spread offense. Navarro also has not punted in the last 4 games.
I know we have the utmost respect for the Texans and the program Coach Nelms has. He is a class act as well so we know this will be a very tough game. I laugh at all the votes Bandera has gotten in this poll and no disrespect to them they should have never posted bulletin board material!

My take on this game it is for the DC now and the loser will be runnerup the way I see things now.

Good luck and safe travels and we shall see how this all shakes out!

Tejastrue
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Tejas you were right. Navarro sort of plays under the radar and that is ok. They actually beat Devine in the live scrimmage as well so I know we can play. The Antonian game just sort of spun out of control with a scoop and score then a fumble on the ensuing kickoff but they never quit. The starting qb has been out since the HC game with Marion. Looks like they have rolled just as well. The Boerne game we had 3 drives over 90+ yards and 72 total plays with 66 rushing. That is one way to beat a spread offense. Navarro also has not punted in the last 4 games.
I know we have the utmost respect for the Texans and the program Coach Nelms has. He is a class act as well so we know this will be a very tough game. I laugh at all the votes Bandera has gotten in this poll and no disrespect to them they should have never posted bulletin board material!

My take on this game it is for the DC now and the loser will be runnerup the way I see things now.

Good luck and safe travels and we shall see how this all shakes out!

I feel we are more than ready to change this stat but that is amazing, no punts in 4 games. I don't care who you play..that is pretty special. Best of luck to you guys. Thanks for the welcome and parking tips!

bag-o-chips
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Like I said you are a program to be looked up to! That is what the Panthers want to do! Our first year we went 4 deep and met you in the Regional Finals. What a great year. We made the playoffs last year but lost to LH. I want to see us earn respect in 3a as we are still a very small 3a at aroung 500 give or take a few a few enrollment. Jv has lost one game and Fr 2 games so far. 7 and 8 are rolling good so we want to emulate a program like yours with a winning tradition! Looking forward to Friday!

Snotbubbles
10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Navarro at home, eats up the clock with the slot-T and wins 28-21.

ogg
10-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Wimberley 30, Navarro 22

Gone Fishing
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
I know Navarro is 5- 1 but can't see much on some teams they played, (3 non UIL) I know Antonian is good this year and that was their only lost. Marion is 2 A and SH is way down this year, so I'm wondering.

lbjacj
10-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I know Navarro is 5- 1 but can't see much on some teams they played, (3 non UIL) I know Antonian is good this year and that was their only lost. Marion is 2 A and SH is way down this year, so I'm wondering.

One of my coworkers is from Geronimo and he's all excited saying that they finally have the team that can beat Wimberley!
I don't agree but I don't want to burst his bubble just yet.

Purple Rain
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
The edge in this game goes to WT based on experience and strength of schedule. Further, WT's D should be well prepared given that they have already played LH this season and GN's slot-t is essentially a page out of LH's playbook.

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Wimberley by at lest 2 TDs.

bag-o-chips
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
For all the Wimberley peeps coming to the game and if you are hungry because our concessions are bad just past the cutoff to Barbarosa / NB ( FM 758) stop at the Grain Bin Cafe. Get some good burgers or I really am high on the Chicken Fried Steak. You will be full or the Macho Nachos and have a cold one and any deserts they have are awesome. Plus the Ladies can shop for Yellowbox shoes and Bling. Great family run place and a big part of the Navarro community!!

bag-o-chips
10-16-2012, 07:44 PM
The coaches son!

wimbo_pro
10-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I think Wimberley dominates this game and takes an early commanding lead, then Navarro comes on a bit in the 2nd half (and with Wimberley rotating more players in) to make it a respectable game. (Coach Nelms talked about how important it was to him that all players saw action last week).

Wimberley 38
Navarro 21

Gone Fishing
10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I wonder who the 5 Bandera voters would vote for, WT or GN. Why don't yall come clean and put down who, WT or GN on a post ,then we can do the math. I'm curious since its so close now.

banderafan
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
I was really tempted to vote for Bandera...lol! Not sure why Bandera is on this poll. I gave my vote to Navarro just to keep it interesting.

Gone Fishing
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I was really tempted to vote for Bandera...lol! Not sure why Bandera is on this poll. I gave my vote to Navarro just to keep it interesting.

I understand on the vote. I hope yall play good this week. I don't know why Bandera is on there either, maybe rb made a mistake and then couldnt get it off there?

Gone Fishing
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
One of my coworkers is from Geronimo and he's all excited saying that they finally have the team that can beat Wimberley!
I don't agree but I don't want to burst his bubble just yet.

In 2010 they had a really good team and if they wouldnt have been moved up to 3A that year they would have done some damage in 2A, hell they made it to the qt finals !!. So if they are any where close or better than that team it will be a very good game.

I got to look at some hudle from Friday"s game and if our offense repeats that or even improve more, I think Navarro is in trouble. I feel real good about our D at this point.

bag-o-chips
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
That was our first year in 3a and was as far as our program had ever been. At one point in the 90's they had 3 0-10 seasons. That year we beat LH and Sam H and mathis to play the Texans again. I don't think this team is as strong but they seem to get better each week. Like I said earlier I feel like this game will determine the District Champ and the runner - up!

bag-o-chips
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Also we know who the Texans are and their record does not reflect the Team this year at all! After all you have won over 30 games in the last 2 years and that commands respect no matter who you are!

Gone Fishing
10-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I like Navarro, always have, for a bunch of reasons, good luck, except with us of course. LOL ..

Tejastrue
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I wonder who the 5 Bandera voters would vote for, WT or GN. Why don't yall come clean and put down who, WT or GN on a post ,then we can do the math. I'm curious since its so close now.

Would suspect most are from D-26. Lol..

Tejastrue
10-18-2012, 01:09 AM
A little bit of Navarro pre-game...

http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_d071bd8c-18b3-11e2-8238-001a4bcf887a.html

Gone Fishing
10-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Sounds like Navarro and the whole community are really up for this game. They really want to knock us off, but so has everyone else. I didn't realize their D was so good. I thought it was just their offense putting up big numbers.

panfan
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Sounds like Navarro and the whole community are really up for this game. They really want to knock us off, but so has everyone else. I didn't realize their D was so good. I thought it was just their offense putting up big numbers.

This is a tuff one. We just played WT, and we played Navarro post district last year. It will be close, no matter who comes out ahead. I think this year its Navarro. WT is tough, but they do have some kids in key positions going both ways, and eventually, they are going to wear out. Navarro wins this one by a TD.

rb585
10-18-2012, 09:41 AM
I understand on the vote. I hope yall play good this week. I don't know why Bandera is on there either, maybe rb made a mistake and then couldnt get it off there?

No, I put it in there intentionally just to give the Bandera smack talkers someone to vote for other than "the team Wimberley is playing this week." Because you know, Wimberley should be 0-6 this season, and should have gone 0-6 in the playoffs last season. And Wimberley only wins because of home cooking by the refs, even on the road.

I'm impressed with Navarro. I had no idea that they'd handle Boerne that easily. And there's no doubt that their coach will have them ready to play tomorrow.

One of the things that hurts Navarro is that we've already played LH this season, so now we've had two weeks preparing for this offense. And that makes a big difference. I think Wimberley wins for that reason, but it's going to be a real fight.

Mojo84
10-19-2012, 09:31 AM

Their offense can use up almost a whole quarter if you can't stop them. They had multiple long time consuming drives that kept our offense on the sideline. This should be a good game. Interested to see how it turns out.

Gone Fishing
10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Wimberley...... I think our D stops them for the most part and the offense rolls.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I see a well below normal score for both teams in this one. 20-14, Texans.

buff4ever
10-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Texans win, Wimberley won't lose in rest of regular season.

Tejastrue
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Good luck tonight Navarro! Go Texans! :cheerl::1popcorn: Should be a good one!

wimbo_pro
10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I see a well below normal score for both teams in this one. 20-14, Texans.

Good call YTB.

bag-o-chips
10-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Great Game Wimberley! Navarro had chances and it was a game that could easily have gone either way. Tonight it bounced your way! One of those games where you hate for either team to come out short!

Harris and Padilla had it right picking Wimberley by 1.

bag-o-chips
10-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Looking at the Final Stats Navarro won everywhere but where it counts - The Scoreboard!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&ID=147842&Sport=1&TeamID=4188&SearchType=Teams

rb585
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Great game tonight. Wimberley was very lucky to win that. Navarro totally outplayed them in the first half and we were fortunate to only be down 7. That #45 is an absolute beast.

Alden Mann just finally decided he wasn't going to lose and he really took over at the end.

The only other thing I have to say is that I hope we never get that officiating crew again. They had a whole lot of trouble even spotting the ball and walking off penalties.

bag-o-chips
10-19-2012, 11:11 PM
45 is a great kid and last year after the SAC game his father was killed in a wreck coming home. He really is remarkable. I was shocked by the yardage totals tonight. Really loved it when our Coach on our own end on 4th and 2 went for it as well.

ogg
10-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Navarro's 3rd and long pass down the middle was a killer.

lbjacj
10-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Looking at the Final Stats Navarro won everywhere but where it counts - The Scoreboard!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&ID=147842&Sport=1&TeamID=4188&SearchType=Teams

Texans got outplayed and escaped with the W thanks to the missed extra point by the Panthers. At the half the Texans had 2 first downs and less than 50 yards offense! They came back out in the 2nd half and drove for the TD to tie it at 14. Panthers scored next but missed the XP leaving the door open and the Texans took advantage and went up 21-20. Navarro drove down and made to to the Texans 23 but Wimberley finally stops them on the fourth down pass over the middle to keep their district win streak intact!
Great game Navarro! I don't think anyone in district will beat you and who knows, maybe we will have a repeat of the 2010 season and meet again in the playoffs! Very impressed by the Panthers physical play ! Good luck the rest of the way!

lbjacj
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM

Even when we knew what they were going to do we couldn't stop it! They were 4 out of 5 on that play. The one they missed at the end was the difference!

lbjacj
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM
45 is a great kid and last year after the SAC game his father was killed in a wreck coming home. He really is remarkable. I was shocked by the yardage totals tonight. Really loved it when our Coach on our own end on 4th and 2 went for it as well.

That time it worked but it was a terrible call inside your 30 with the game tied! Insane call!

ogg
10-19-2012, 11:50 PM

That's incorrect, I should have said passes cause it happened 5 or 6 times.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 12:04 AM
We should award Reed Jones the 'Purple Heart' for the shots he took tonight. In spite of that..he made some crucial passes in the crunch. Dang Bags, you guys are all you hinted they might be (myself included) but much more. We should be be congratulating you guys tonight for the win but we have a few "refuse to lose" seniors on this team that decided otherwise. Heart of a Champion... is the way I prefer to look at it.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Like I said this was the District Championship tonight but watch out for Boerne! Maybe we opened some eyes of doubters tonight. We are the smallest enrollment in the distict but Coach Goad has made our players very physical because that is the only way to win! Congrats to you tonight. We will be there soon as our total program is improving each week!

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Like I said this was the District Championship tonight but watch out for Boerne! Maybe we opened some eyes of doubters tonight. We are the smallest enrollment in the distict but Coach Goad has made our players very physical because that is the only way to win! Congrats to you tonight. We will be there soon as our total program is improving each week!

Wow...what a game. Navarro is for real...and we still have things we need to straighten out. Both things are not good news for Wimberley this late in the season.

Gone Fishing
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow...what a game. Navarro is for real...and we still have things we need to straighten out. Both things are not good news for Wimberley this late in the season.

Both things? Things we need to straighten out and whats the other thing?

Gone Fishing
10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Navarro was really good. I have more respect for their non-district schedule than before especially the non- UIL teams they played. They were very physical, but on the verge of dirty. ( two Personal fouls) one that may have cost them the game. Thats with the San Antonio officials that should have called a couple of more. I thought this group of senior leaders came out in the second half after getting their butts kicked in the first half and showed exactly what their made of and got it done. Also Navarro probably had more players going both ways than we do and great job by our coaches in the fourth quarter (especially DL) alternating guys in almost every play and thats when we started putting some stops together and I think Navarro was finally wearing down just a little. We did not give up and you could see several of our players on O and D just step it up at the end.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 10:49 AM
About what I thought the game would be. Congrats to WT, and to Navarro, who will represent that district well as another playoff team IMO. Great class the fine folks of Navarro and that area community.

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Both things? Things we need to straighten out and whats the other thing?

That Navarro is looking as good as they are. We just might have to play them again this year.

Gone Fishing
10-20-2012, 11:18 AM
That Navarro is looking as good as they are. We just might have to play them again this year.

Oh ...well I hope we do, that would mean we went 4 deep! Lol....

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh ...well I hope we do, that would mean we went 4 deep! Lol....

Which I think is possible.

rb585
10-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Our first drive of the second half, Navarro got called for a blatant late hit on the QB, which turned what would have been a 4th-and-17 into a first down. That seriously might have been the biggest play of the game.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM

Even when we knew what they were going to do we couldn't stop it! They were 4 out of 5 on that play. The one they missed at the end was the difference!

I have to question the single safety defense we had each time they needed 7-10 yds. It's like..if you're going to beat us it will be by throwing the ball. They dang near did just that.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I have to question the single safety defense we had each time they needed 7-10 yds. It's like..if you're going to beat us it will be by throwing the ball. They dang near did just that.

No thoughts on this from the Wimberley folk?

rb585
10-20-2012, 10:36 PM

Well, I'm sure you noticed Reed was in on that last play.

And if you don't want to play a 4-4-3, which LB do you want to take off the field -- Alden, Kyle, West, or Cameron?

ogg
10-20-2012, 11:07 PM

Play the safety back further.

Gone Fishing
10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
When we go to two safeties and we will some against throwing teams, one of the OLB's moves back into cover two with the safety or like last year one would go out and Blakemore and Jones would be back. I kind of like a Jones and Morris possibility.

lbjacj
10-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Game recap...
http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_3537dc36-1b13-11e2-bbce-0019bb2963f4.html

Tejastrue
10-21-2012, 01:48 PM
When we go to two safeties and we will some against throwing teams, one of the OLB's moves back into cover two with the safety or like last year one would go out and Blakemore and Jones would be back. I kind of like a Jones and Morris possibility.

Exactly what I was getting at. Just felt we could have done things a little different on 3rd and long which they must of had 7-8 times in the game. I'm not gonna take this any further though. Thanks for the input.

jackofalltrades
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Great game tonight. Wimberley was very lucky to win that. Navarro totally outplayed them in the first half and we were fortunate to only be down 7. That #45 is an absolute beast.

Alden Mann just finally decided he wasn't going to lose and he really took over at the end.

The only other thing I have to say is that I hope we never get that officiating crew again. They had a whole lot of trouble even spotting the ball and walking off penalties.

alden said that at the end that the coaches just started letting him blitz on most every play-

rb585
09-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Strangest necrobump ever.

Gone Fishing
09-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Strangest necrobump ever.

Ive been on here for a while, but this has to be the funniest post ever.....By the way rb585, not yours..... Hum...... Necrobump.... Hum... "To revive a long dormant forum thread by adding a new post".... I suspect that JOAT's is a Troll..... LMFAO.

Manso/V8
09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Wimberley is good against the Slot - T

Hmmm.....

Manso/V8
09-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I got fooled by it, then started to think, why is Wimberley playing Navarro in pre-district?