PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood at Liberty Hill

Bassact
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Quite a bit of history between Vance & Shipley..

Keys to the game IMO..
Can BW slow down the LH O? Shipley has had pretty good success defending the slot-t in the past. What does BW bring to the table on D?
LH pass D aginst the Shipley/Harrell show.. This is the big one. LH pass D has been torched in 4 of 6 games.

This could be a barn burner. Glad I won't be running the chains..

hollywood
10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Good test for both D's! More so for the Lions.

Brownwood has the talent and it's just a matter of time.

I'm going with my alma mater.

Brownwood by 7

BLEEDZGREEN
10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
LH should win this one not really impressed with BW, I say LH by 13.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 08:23 PM
LH should win this one not really impressed with BW, I say LH by 13.

What's your view of Brownwood this season BG? How's the O-line?

Haven't seen them this year. 7 on 7 they looked really out of sink.

LHPfactory
10-14-2012, 08:52 PM
They remind me of the 2006 Defense, early in the year they got hit by a good Wimberley team and gave up a lot of second half points to a good 06 Giddings team, however, were tuff, quick, and step up big when its on the line.
Give em some credit, they kept Giddings to 17 points till the last 2 minutes. They step up and handle business when it counts. That same 06 Defense was so good by the post season, held Celina to 19 points, not 06 level, but they are coming along.

defense51
10-15-2012, 12:22 AM
LH by 2 td's

hookandladder
10-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Brownwood struggled to beat Burnet, LH dominates Brownwood. LH by 4 Td's, could and should be more then that.

regaleagle
10-15-2012, 06:16 AM
It's time for Brownwood to make a statement, or just admit they are rebuilding for next year. We are now in Week 7......a critical time for Brownwood to get a big win. I personally don't think it will happen against this LH team.....they just have too much offense for BW's D, IMO. I could be wrong though. I think most will be picking LH in this game. I think LH did everything but win against Giddings. And that was much earlier in the year. They are much cleaner now. LH is a very good team, I think. Brownwood will have to play better this week than they have all year to win. They probably will, but may still lose against this LH team.

greendawg84
10-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Brownwood struggled to beat Burnet, LH dominates Brownwood. LH by 4 Td's, could and should be more then that.

What Hook says , BW did not impress me at all Friday against the Dawgs. Yes they beat us but thats not saying to much these days. The Hill by 28.

Purple Rain
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
I see LH giving up some considerable passing yds and allowing BW to keep it close but the Panthers at home are tough to beat. If LH's D being is able to keep the big plays to a minimum and tighten up on D in pressure situations as they have been doing of late, they win by 14 or more.

Old Dog
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I was very impressed with Brownwood's Cooper Howie for one. That kid is special! LH best figure a way to cover him. And.........he doesn't go down with arm tackles.

1st and goal
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I say LH by 21
42-21

ccmom
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I was very impressed with Brownwood's Cooper Howie for one. That kid is special! LH best figure a way to cover him. And.........he doesn't go down with arm tackles.

I think LH probably takes this one BUT I agree in that Cooper Howie is a stud!!!:clap::clap:

Purple Rain
10-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with LH's #17...that kid is special!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
What's your view of Brownwood this season BG? How's the O-line?

Haven't seen them this year. 7 on 7 they looked really out of sink.
O-line has good size but the much smaller Dawgs had their way @ times with them. BW's overall team size is small & not very many kids with a lot of speed, if not for all the turnovers by #14 Burnet might have beaten BW. The game between Burnet & BW looked like we were watching the Jr. High kids playing, very sloppy!

sandmaster
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Well Llano's top WR from Last Friday night had 9 rec for 226 and 2td's. The Qb had 356 yards and Llano ended up with 556 yards of total offense. So BW should be able to move the ball but LH is to hard to stop. I felt Llano played pretty well defensively just gave #17 a alley on a Kickoff and Punt Return and gave LH two easy scores.

Bassact
10-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Well Llano's top WR from Last Friday night had 9 rec for 226 and 2td's. The Qb had 356 yards and Llano ended up with 556 yards of total offense. So BW should be able to move the ball but LH is to hard to stop. I felt Llano played pretty well defensively just gave #17 a alley on a Kickoff and Punt Return and gave LH two easy scores.

LOL - Thats only 2 of the 8 TD's LH scored. llano completely game planned around #17, they never threw to the right. And LH let them. the game was never in question. although it was the poorest tackling game I've seen LH have in a long long time.

sandmaster
10-15-2012, 07:59 PM
By no means am I taking anything away from the Panthers. They were expected to win and they took care of their business. That is what good teams do. Llano had a couple of good chances inside panther territory that they did not score on and that kudos to LH's D stepping up. I think LH has a chance to be great as long as the coaches make a few changes to the D and they will be playing Late November and December.

BwdLion73
10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
O-line has good size but the much smaller Dawgs had their way @ times with them. BW's overall team size is small & not very many kids with a lot of speed, if not for all the turnovers by #14 Burnet might have beaten BW. The game between Burnet & BW looked like we were watching the Jr. High kids playing, very sloppy!
I have to agree with most of that. :crying:

BwdLion73
10-15-2012, 08:25 PM
It's one of those years where you feel you are right on the edge of putting together a team that could go two or three deep this year. If it comes together it could really cause some gnashing of teeth for teams in the next 3 or 4 years. We better get ready to man up next week because LH is sharping their knives and getting ready to do some carveing with the Slot T.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Are any of you Brownwood peeps going to make it? Want to meet & greet at half behind the flag pole?

panfan
10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Quite a bit of history between Vance & Shipley..

Keys to the game IMO..
Can BW slow down the LH O? Shipley has had pretty good success defending the slot-t in the past. What does BW bring to the table on D?
LH pass D aginst the Shipley/Harrell show.. This is the big one. LH pass D has been torched in 4 of 6 games.

This could be a barn burner. Glad I won't be running the chains..

BW lions will put some points up early as we adjust to their offense. LH will also put points up early. However, the three big fellas in BW lions interior d-line will tire and our run game will open up. We'll make adjustments to the pass game and begin to shut it down. I think next season, BW will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now, LH is a force to be reckoned with. LH by 3 TD.

Bosqueville
10-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I think it's apparent to everyone that BWD is in a rebuilding year. They are young at the skill positions and they struggle with consistancy. They will get better every week. Will they beat Liberty Hill... doubtful. Will they be competivite? Absolutely.

Red&White_9x5
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
LH rolls over the Wood by 21+

hollywood
10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I think it's apparent to everyone that BWD is in a rebuilding year. They are young at the skill positions and they struggle with consistancy. They will get better every week. Will they beat Liberty Hill... doubtful. Will they be competivite? Absolutely.

I think it's a comination of both youth and inexperience. I've seen some Bwd teams that have been young and very salty. Bwd of 2009. ;)

Bwd Frosh are damn good!

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I think it's a comination of both youth and inexperience. I've seen some Bwd teams that have been young and very salty. Bwd of 2009. ;)

Bwd Frosh are damn good!

LH Frosh are damn good also, that should be a good game in LH on Thursday night.

I hear BW 8th A are dang good also, LH 8th A is 3-0, I will be going to this one in BWood Thursday night to watch my boy, Hopefully it will be a good one with LH winning.

BwdLion73
10-16-2012, 01:12 PM
LH Frosh are damn good also, that should be a good game in LH on Thursday night.

I hear BW 8th A are dang good also, LH 8th A is 3-0, I will be going to this one in BWood Thursday night to watch my boy, Hopefully it will be a good one with LH winning.

I've heard this too. May be the best games of the week. If in town I'm going to stop by and catch these games. While I am a nobody with no inside information I think we may be seeing two powerful teams coming down the road.

greendawg84
10-17-2012, 07:48 AM

Bwood 8th A is very good , so is their Freshman team .

greendawg84
10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
BW lions will put some points up early as we adjust to their offense. LH will also put points up early. However, the three big fellas in BW lions interior d-line will tire and our run game will open up. We'll make adjustments to the pass game and begin to shut it down. I think next season, BW will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now, LH is a force to be reckoned with. LH by 3 TD.

I dont think this one will be close except for the first quarter , Bwood has turnover problems and not much of a D .

ogg
10-17-2012, 10:34 PM
The Hill by 3 TDs, at least.

panfan
10-18-2012, 08:31 AM
I dont think this one will be close except for the first quarter , Bwood has turnover problems and not much of a D .

Good to hear your assessment Gdawg -ya'll having played them and such. I think, if I'm not mistaken, a purple team plays a green team in about a week or so. Haven't seen CAM puttin through town in a while. Must of got skeered when he heard the paint balls were gonna fly. Who ya'll playing this week? Gatesville?

I know one thing, my boy is looking forward to playing Burnet. He knows a bunch of them boys over there and while they are all buds off the field, on it ain't no love lost. Just getting ya'll ready - The panthers are coming. For now - we'll focus on Bwood. Good luck this week.

Sville
10-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Bwood has a very good freshman group. The Lions will be good again for their standards when that freshman group start making an impact at the varsity level.

LionFan72
10-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Brownwood is indeed reloading this year, we have several classes coming that will make some Lion noise beginning next year. But the task ahead this week is facing a strong LH team at home. Pretty obvious the boys haven't jelled yet, so gonna be a competative game for the Lions. Limit the turnovers, stop the silly penalties, and play as a team, we could be in this game at the end. That said, I think Liberty Hill pulls this one out 44-31.

Tejastrue
10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
The Panthers' defense gives up a ton of yardage. Close to a 1000 yds total in the last two games. It will eventually catch up to them. My guess is the playoffs. BW should see some success on offense. If you shut down Boatright you'll have an excellent chance of pulling off the upset.

panfan
10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
The Panthers' defense gives up a ton of yardage. Close to a 1000 yds total in the last two games. It will eventually catch up to them. My guess is the playoffs. BW should see some success on offense. If you shut down Boatright you'll have an excellent chance of pulling off the upset.

Man Tejas - I can't disagree with you on the giving up too much defensive yardage. Almost all of it on the pass, short screen stuff. Key is, we put a bunch more up on offense (usually) and we get some key defensive plays that thus far have resulted in TD from the Defense. I'm not so sure that the shutting Boatright down appraoch is the key. Against Giddings, he was out most of the game with a shoulder injury. Yes we lost, but in 2 minutes of brain farts at the end. Yes he contributes a whole other facet to the game for LH, but not a necessary facet for the win. He certainly is a big play maker and deserves all the accolades goin his way but we do have some others that can score and do score often. You hit the nail on the head initially. We have got to get better on our pass defense or as you suggest, it will catch up to us in the playoffs.

greendawg84
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Good to hear your assessment Gdawg -ya'll having played them and such. I think, if I'm not mistaken, a purple team plays a green team in about a week or so. Haven't seen CAM puttin through town in a while. Must of got skeered when he heard the paint balls were gonna fly. Who ya'll playing this week? Gatesville?

I know one thing, my boy is looking forward to playing Burnet. He knows a bunch of them boys over there and while they are all buds off the field, on it ain't no love lost. Just getting ya'll ready - The panthers are coming. For now - we'll focus on Bwood. Good luck this week.

Yep , off to Gatesville tonight , cant complain it is really the only long drive that we are going to make this year. 7:30 start , outta put me home bout midnight!

Cam is laying low , not sure whats up with the boy , guess his boss wants him to work or something .:rolleyes:

We will be ready for you boys to come to town, so come on with it . Guess I can let LHPfactory by us a Dawg Burger!

Purple Rain
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
I agree that the LH pass D needs vast improvement for a serious playoff run, but for any team to think that #17 is the only weapon in the LH aresenal would be a big mistake.

ogg
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Swing pass, outside screen, backside screen all night long.

panfan
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Swing pass, outside screen, backside screen all night long.

yep - you guys did it and we still beat you by 2 tds. Llano did it and we beat them by 3 or was it 4 tds. When the chips are down, we make the stops. We just need todo it more consistently. Good luck against Navarro.

LHPfactory
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
yep - you guys did it and we still beat you by 2 tds. Llano did it and we beat them by 3 or was it 4 tds. When the chips are down, we make the stops. We just need todo it more consistently. Good luck against Navarro.

Quit being nice to ogg, it was 3 tds that LH beat WT by.

Bassact
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Taking #17 out of the game isn't hard - just watch the llano game - 17 plays strong side corner, just have your receiver run him down field and throw to the weak side. He only gets in on 1-2 series a game on offense, #21 is doing just fine and racking up the yards so their no need for 17 to play both ways. If you kick to him, well thats your own fault.

panfan
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Taking #17 out of the game isn't hard - just watch the llano game - 17 plays strong side corner, just have your receiver run him down field and throw to the weak side. He only gets in on 1-2 series a game on offense, #21 is doing just fine and racking up the yards so their no need for 17 to play both ways. If you kick to him, well thats your own fault.

yep - several play makers, such that #17 sometimes in on offense is just diversionary sometimes, sometimes not.

panfan
10-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Where is Rocket - did he take his vaudeville act and go play somewhere else?

BwdLion73
10-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Where is Rocket - did he take his vaudeville act and go play somewhere else?

I found this on a slighty soiled napkin by the pay phone at the Whataburger in BROWNWOOD.

"you have no idea what is coming....we will destroy you....we have too many weapons"

Bassact
10-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Any score updates from the jr high, fish or jv games?

Tin Cup
10-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Bwood 8thA won something like 36-22. Scored 3 tds in last 45 sec of the game

LHPfactory
10-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Bwood 8thA won something like 36-22. Scored 3 tds in last 45 sec of the game

Yes, can't believe it, almost home with my son from that one. The whole bunch is upset, that many TDs in about a minute. After an awsome goal line stand on the 1 yard line by LH and then it came unraveled. This is a solid class, they will learn from it and be ready for Burnet next week. This was their first loss of the season.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2012, 05:25 AM
if you kick to him, well thats your own fault.
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/emots/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/emots/biggrin.gif

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2012, 05:28 AM
LH freshmen were up 21-0, then apparently took a nap & let Bwood catch up to tie. The good news is that it was a "cat" nap. We won 35-21.

panfan
10-19-2012, 07:44 AM
I found this on a slighty soiled napkin by the pay phone at the Whataburger in BROWNWOOD.

"you have no idea what is coming....we will destroy you....we have too many weapons"

Ahhh, so he went deep, deep undercover as a whataburger employee. Makes sense now.

greendawg84
10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Ahhh, so he went deep, deep undercover as a whataburger employee. Makes sense now.

panfan you got them paintballs ready for next week ?

panfan
10-19-2012, 08:29 AM
panfan you got them paintballs ready for next week ?

polishing the purple gems as we speak.

panfan
10-19-2012, 10:23 AM

Any word on how the JV did last night??

Red&White_9x5
10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Rooting for the Hill to win and win big tonight!!!!!

buff4ever
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I said it early in the week, I will say it again. LH wins this game in similar fashion as last few games.

BwdLion73
10-19-2012, 02:59 PM
polishing the purple gems as we speak.

:eek:something about this makes me want to wash my hands:eek:

panfan
10-19-2012, 03:16 PM
:eek:something about this makes me want to wash my hands:eek:

:fnypost: Hey now - purple Paintballs

Bassact
10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
almost game time! Bwood folks have a safe trip and be aware of the coppers between lometa and LH.. Their always lerking.

95mustang
10-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Brownwood 3 and out and punts to Liberty Hill 10 yard line. Liberty Hill loses a yard on their 3 and out and punts back to Brownwood.

95mustang
10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Brownwood touchdown. 7-0

95mustang
10-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Liberty Hill punts to Brownwood 10 Howey returns to midfield.

95mustang
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Tochdown Brownwood 14-0

Rocket
10-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Brownwood 32 Liberty Hill 18. Does the coach from Liberty Hill just not believe in Special Teams? Extra Points? Field Goals? #7 my butt...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Brownwood is never to be underestimated. NEVER.

Tin Cup
10-19-2012, 10:00 PM
I've been down on this team a little all year. But tonight, the Brownwood lions came in and flat out earned this win. Great job tonight. Build on this emotion and start rolling. We found a little mojo tonight. Great team effort and I couldn't be happier for these players and coaches.

Bosqueville
10-19-2012, 10:04 PM
It's great to be a brownwood lion!!

Looking4number8
10-19-2012, 10:09 PM
I did not go to this one but it sounded like the Lions finally started believing in themselfs... at least they got Dallas Houston to believe in them.... Have not heard him that excited in years!

Way to go Lions, keep it rolling!

garciap77
10-19-2012, 10:13 PM
I did not go to this one but it sounded like the Lions finally started believing in themselfs... at least they got Dallas Houston to believe in them.... Have not heard him that excited in years!

Way to go Lions, keep it rolling!

:2thumbsup

95mustang
10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Brownwood's D held L-Hill to 169 total yards of offense.

Tin Cup
10-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Brownwood's D held L-Hill to 169 total yards of offense.

Did we outrush LH?!?

Deuce
10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Congrats to the Wood!

wimbo_pro
Brownwood 32 Liberty Hill 18. Does the coach from Liberty Hill just not believe in Special Teams? Extra Points? Field Goals? #7 my butt...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Like a drunk who fell asleep on the bar and got bumped into by someone passing by, Rocket comes to life blabbing. Obviously a fair weathered fan...never here when times are tough, only when things are good. It's actually kind of sad.

95mustang
No they had 150 we had 120-130.

Rocket
10-19-2012, 10:30 PM
When Brownwood is good, I am better.

garciap77
10-19-2012, 10:32 PM
When Brownwood is good, I am better.

:clap:

Rocket
10-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Like a drunk who fell asleep on the bar and got bumped into by someone passing by, Rocket comes to life blabbing. Obviously a fair weathered fan...never here when times are tough, only when things are good. It's actually kind of sad.

I just can't stand most of the people on this board. It's fun to come back and stuff crow in all of your mouths. LH had no doubt they would win tonight. Shipley owns LH. 7-1 against that 1920's offense and no pass covering defense.

Bassact
10-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Congrats to the Lions they out played LH across the board tonight. Good luck the rest of the way..

Bassact
10-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I just can't stand most of the people on this board. It's fun to come back and stuff crow in all of your mouths. LH had no doubt they would win tonight. Shipley owns LH. 7-1 against that 1920's offense and no pass covering defense.

Maybe so but Vance has the rings!

SintonFan
10-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Congrats to the Lions they out played LH across the board tonight. Good luck the rest of the way..

Ditto. Sorry about the loss LH. :(

Rocket
10-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Maybe so but Vance has the rings!

The players decided to give him a couple. All talent.

Rocket
10-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Ditto. Sorry about the loss LH. :(

It was very sad. :(

Bassact
10-19-2012, 10:45 PM

Sure but once you miss 1 what choice do you have but to go for 2 to try to things evened up? Field goal - Not really. Considering the KO coverage and punt coverage was decent considering they kept kicking straight to #2 and he was getting ball with no one within 20 yards of him.
special team really didn't have much effect on this game - The Lions owned the line of scrimmage

Bassact
10-19-2012, 10:53 PM
The players decided to give him a couple. All talent.

So are you saying the players decided Shipley didn't need a ring?

SintonFan
10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
It was very sad. :(

Who says so? Maybe it was uplifting? Rocket... don't ever tell me you never ever never had a sad fart. Like your last post.

Rocket
10-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Who says so? Maybe it was uplifting? Rocket... don't ever tell me you never ever never had a sad fart. Like your last post.

LH getting their butt handed to them was very sad and unexpected. :(

Rocket
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
So are you saying the players decided Shipley didn't need a ring?

I'm saying that those teams long ago that won the SC for Vance won in spite of the system. It's old and it sucks.

Rocket
10-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Sure but once you miss 1 what choice do you have but to go for 2 to try to things evened up? Field goal - Not really. Considering the KO coverage and punt coverage was decent considering they kept kicking straight to #2 and he was getting ball with no one within 20 yards of him.
special team really didn't have much effect on this game - The Lions owned the line of scrimmage

LH's kicking game sucks. Admit it. LH left 7 easy points on the field because it sucks. That clock eating 4 yards and a cloud of dust don't work no more. Sure you can beat up on powerhouses like Llano and mediocre 3A's, but when a big dog comes to town, it ain't happening... Nope.

LHPfactory
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Brownwod came ready to play and did. The QB did great as did the backs, but I have to give most of the credit for Brownwood's win tonight to the Offensive and Defensive Lines. The big boys for Bwood absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. They deserve the game ball.

Congrats Brownwood, your boys won the football game, no excuses no fault. I hope you build on what you showed you are capible of tonight and beat Sville in the playoffs and Rep D8 well.

Bassact
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
LH getting their butt handed to them was very sad and unexpected. :(

Sad yes - unexpected I don't know about that. I expected LH to win but with the way the LH D has played it was just a matter of time before the offense couldn't cover their butts.. Sadly after the D made adjustments they actually played pretty good. Just got flat wore ou tin the 4th when the offense was going 3 and out every series. Bwood gave LH a taste of their own medicine.. And it doesn't taste good.

Bassact
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
LH's kicking game sucks. Admit it. LH left 7 easy points on the field because it sucks. That clock eating 4 yards and a cloud of dust don't work no more. Sure you can beat up on powerhouses like Llano and mediocre 3A's, but when a big dog comes to town, it ain't happening... Nope.

7 points in a 14 point loss does nothing. Lose by 1 or 40 you still lost.

LHPfactory
10-19-2012, 11:26 PM
7 points in a 14 point loss does nothing. Lose by 1 or 40 you still lost.

Hey Bassact, mama told me you cant reason with a drunk or crazy person,..... Catch my drift. :)

panfan
10-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Rocket the tool has spoken. Come back? Hell you were never here. Even went over to your .com site and not a word about the upcoming game. Seems to me the only time you speak up is when you think the Lions will win. Fair weather fan indeed. Go crawl back under your Rock.

To the rest of the BW faithful. Ya'll played a great game and deserved the win. LH played terrible and Bwood took it too us. Congrats to the team of hard working kids and coaches. D and O line for BW did a great job. It was a wake up call for LH no doubt. Good luck the rest of the season.

Bosqueville
10-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Very exciting to hear Brownwood finally put it all together!!

Rocket
10-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Rocket the tool has spoken. Come back? Hell you were never here. Even went over to your .com site and not a word about the upcoming game. Seems to me the only time you speak up is when you think the Lions will win. Fair weather fan indeed. Go crawl back under your Rock.

To the rest of the BW faithful. Ya'll played a great game and deserved the win. LH played terrible and Bwood took it too us. Congrats to the team of hard working kids and coaches. D and O line for BW did a great job. It was a wake up call for LH no doubt. Good luck the rest of the season.

I'm a fan for life. Just because I'm not posting Bullcrap with you wannabe's has nothing to do with how much I love my Lions. The only time I speak up is when I want to speak up. Got that?

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys have to be tired of that offense. Just sayin'

Rocket
10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey Bassact, mama told me you cant reason with a drunk or crazy person,..... Catch my drift. :)

My reasoning is right. Lets say you kick a FG and get 3 instead of going for it and turning it over on downs? It's a momentum shift and it's a kickoff, where so many other things can be affected. But no, you go for it, and get it stuffed down your throat. Momentum Brownwood and you have nothing to show for your drive or series. I'm open to teaching you guys about this game any time. It won't be free and it won't be cheap.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Same old...same old....Rocket climbing out of the Brownwood-work when his team gets an unexpected win. Lol....

Rocket
10-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Same old...same old....Rocket climbing out of the Brownwood-work when his team gets an unexpected win. Lol....

You know it! I expected this win. Shipley owns LH.

panfan
10-20-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm a fan for life. Just because I'm not posting Bullcrap with you wannabe's has nothing to do with how much I love my Lions. The only time I speak up is when I want to speak up. Got that?

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys have to be tired of that offense. Just sayin'

"not posting Bullcrap" = oxymoron. So the only time you speak up and boast like a proud peacock is when your team wins? Silent otherwise. Hmmmm....

panfan
10-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Hey Tejas - congrats on the WT win. Sounds like it was a great game.

Sville
10-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Good win Brownwood!

hollywood
10-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Great win Wood!! Exceeded my prediction to win by 7! Still picked a W though. ;)

hollywood
10-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Good test for both D's! More so for the Lions.

Brownwood has the talent and it's just a matter of time.

I'm going with my alma mater.

Brownwood by 7

:2thumbsup:

;)

regaleagle
10-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Very exciting to hear Brownwood finally put it all together!!

Sometimes it just takes some teams in certain years more time to gel, and then all of a sudden "upsets" start happening. Some years you have more of those kinds of teams than other years. I think we have more than a few in 3A this year. Better look out for a team like Brownwood....they could be a late bloomer.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Sure you can beat up on powerhouses like Llano and mediocre 3A's, but when a big dog comes to town, it ain't happening... Nope.
All Saints :thinking:

I had no doubt you'd be on here spewing & as usual, you didn't disappoint.

bwdlionfan
10-20-2012, 08:46 AM

Great win by Brownwood. I think the majority of Brownwood fans were shocked.

As for one particular fan, don't listen to him. Every village has an idiot, only problem is ours learned to type.

Rocket
10-20-2012, 08:58 AM

All Saints has 7 D1 prospects...

Rocket
10-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Sometimes it just takes some teams in certain years more time to gel, and then all of a sudden "upsets" start happening. Some years you have more of those kinds of teams than other years. I think we have more than a few in 3A this year. Better look out for a team like Brownwood....they could be a late bloomer.

Exactly.

panfan
10-20-2012, 09:02 AM

As for one particular fan, don't listen to him. Every village has an idiot, only problem is ours learned to type.

Yup BW played well, and looked good. My boy said he was not looking forward to film this morning. LOL

Rocket
10-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Our team has talent and has been slowly maturing. What happened last night was expected. Most hoped it would happen tonight. As far as my beef with LH and their system, that goes back to 2007. Nothing new here...

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 09:32 AM

1920's? Wasnt that the year you last won a state championship?

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Congrats to Brownwood for doing what they needed to for the win. I didn't get to watch the game, so had to depend on hubby & Adam for info. I'm told our wheels fell off with the safety, but looking at the score periodically from the concession stand, it seemed that's when they fell off for good.

I do want to say that I learned something last night from a Brownwood fan & it was very humbling. In all the football games I've been to, as a kid & adult (which is a LOT!), I don't ever remember seeing this before & I'd be surprised if I do again. Many of us are involved with our booster clubs, or other organizations, where we volunteer our time. It may not always come at the time that we'd like, but we do it because it needs to be done, and for some of us, because it is quite enjoyable.

My hat goes off to the Brownwood lady that offered to help in our concession stand before the game rather than just sit in her car waiting for the gates to open. We were very short on volunteers last night & the help that she gave was truly appreciated & greatly admired! :clap: :clap: Many thanks!

BwdLions
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Great win Lions. Sure proved a lot of people on the DownLow wrong. That makes it even better.

Inmateboss
10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Congrats to Brownwood for doing what they needed to for the win. I didn't get to watch the game, so had to depend on hubby & Adam for info. I'm told our wheels fell off with the safety, but looking at the score periodically from the concession stand, it seemed that's when they fell off for good.

I do want to say that I learned something last night from a Brownwood fan & it was very humbling. In all the football games I've been to, as a kid & adult (which is a LOT!), I don't ever remember seeing this before & I'd be surprised if I do again. Many of us are involved with our booster clubs, or other organizations, where we volunteer our time. It may not always come at the time that we'd like, but we do it because it needs to be done, and for some of us, because it is quite enjoyable.

My hat goes off to the Brownwood lady that offered to help in our concession stand before the game rather than just sit in her car waiting for the gates to open. We were very short on volunteers last night & the help that she gave was truly appreciated & greatly admired! :clap: :clap: Many thanks!

Booster club people really do get in the spirit of football season!!! Great folks everywhere!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Footballfanatic
10-21-2012, 06:15 PM
The only time I speak up is when I want to speak up. Got that?

Somebody is getting a little defensive...

Bosqueville
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I take it Lampasas lost everyone from last year's team? Bwd should win Friday.

LHdog
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Hats off to Brownwood. Great defensive scheme and no mistakes by the offense. The Panthers weaknesses were exposed. The big difference between the 2012 Panthers and the 2006 and 2007 teams is defense. Those state champ teams played great defense.

hookandladder
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Hats off to Brownwood. Great defensive scheme and no mistakes by the offense. The Panthers weaknesses were exposed. The big difference between the 2012 Panthers and the 2006 and 2007 teams is defense. Those state champ teams played great defense.

When we scrimmages you guys early in the year your defense had trouble defending the pass, teams that can run it and throw it are hard to defend.

Bassact
10-21-2012, 09:08 PM
When we scrimmages you guys early in the year your defense had trouble defending the pass, teams that can run it and throw it are hard to defend.

No more excuses for the LH D - yes their are 3/4 Soph and a new to varsity Jr that moved into starting roles in the secondary - it's game 8; time to grow up.
The LH D wasn't the biggest issue agaiinst BW after they adjusted their coverage in the 2nd qtr. In the 4th the D was just flat wore out. Not sure of exact time but BW had the ball 8-10 minutes of the 4th qtr. The O was totally dominated at the line of scrimmage and was in constant 3 and out mode with no answers or adjustments. Special teams (kicking game especially) has been an issue from day one and hasn't gotten any better.
LH had their chance late in the 2nd qtr and failed to make a 4th and less than a yard, chance# 2 LH got the ball to started the 2nd half finally dug out of the hole and took the lead and immediately gave it back to BW with a bad snap over the punters head through the endzone. from their it was all BW.
LH played like crap and made a ton of mental errors in all the phases of the game. BW caused alot of it, LH did a lot of it to themselves.
LH will be fine.

Looking4number8
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
No more excuses for the LH D - yes their are 3/4 Soph and a new to varsity Jr that moved into starting roles in the secondary - it's game 8; time to grow up.
The LH D wasn't the biggest issue agaiinst BW after they adjusted their coverage in the 2nd qtr. In the 4th the D was just flat wore out. Not sure of exact time but BW had the ball 8-10 minutes of the 4th qtr. The O was totally dominated at the line of scrimmage and was in constant 3 and out mode with no answers or adjustments. Special teams (kicking game especially) has been an issue from day one and hasn't gotten any better.
LH had their chance late in the 2nd qtr and failed to make a 4th and less than a yard, chance# 2 LH got the ball to started the 2nd half finally dug out of the hole and took the lead and immediately gave it back to BW with a bad snap over the punters head through the endzone. from their it was all BW.
LH played like crap and made a ton of mental errors in all the phases of the game. BW caused alot of it, LH did a lot of it to themselves.
LH will be fine.

I agree with this completly. LH O was not working but they seemed to stick with it no matter what. Shipley seems to have that figured out, LH may need a new wrinkle or two.

I thought BWD played above themselfs, hope they continue to do that!

I have never figured out why some teams dont take special teams seriously, it really hurt LH Friday. Graham has always been week in the kicking game and in 09 he cost them 2/3's of the district title and a state championship.

One thing that has not been mentioned is the LH kid who returned the kickoff for a TD, he is a true stud, please tell me he is a senior!!

LHPfactory
10-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I agree with this completly. LH O was not working but they seemed to stick with it no matter what. Shipley seems to have that figured out, LH may need a new wrinkle or two.

I thought BWD played above themselfs, hope they continue to do that!

I have never figured out why some teams dont take special teams seriously, it really hurt LH Friday. Graham has always been week in the kicking game and in 09 he cost them 2/3's of the district title and a state championship.

One thing that has not been mentioned is the LH kid who returned the kickoff for a TD, he is a true stud, please tell me he is a senior!!

He is, going DI for track and football.

greendawg84
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I take it Lampasas lost everyone from last year's team? Bwd should win Friday.

Yeppers and lost the HC .