PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 7 GotW Gonzales (4-2) vs Giddings (6-0)

pacman
10-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Here it is have at it. Just remember that playing at Apache stadium, is one of the hardest stadiums to win at. We rock that place.:clap:

1st and goal
10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know the last time these 2 teams met? It's been a while.

I will say that the homefield advantage might give you an edge, but we have won in Wimberley and Bellville with packed stadiums. So, our team has handled visitor stadiums just fine. Looking forward to the game.

pacman
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know the last time these 2 teams met? It's been a while.

I will say that the homefield advantage might give you an edge, but we have won in Wimberley and Bellville with packed stadiums. So, our team have handled visitor stadiums just fine.

That may be true. But that is the other stadiums, not apache stadium.:tisk:

Saggy Aggie
10-13-2012, 07:04 PM
LG is good, but I was expecting a Gonzales win with all the hype.

Ill take the Buffs by 7.

hookandladder
10-13-2012, 07:16 PM
I think this game will be a lot like our game with Gonzales, a lot of big plays. I know both teams have great speed however each team has big play capability, I see a back and forth game. I feel since Giddings can run and pass the ball like us, that will be the difference. Giddings has the speed on D to put 8 men in the box, they will do what we were able to do and that is slow the Diesel down. Giddings by 7.

hookandladder
10-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Just curious about Gonzales Cecil Johnson and the safety Lopez, anybody know who might be recruiting them or if they have committed to anyone.

pacman
10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Just curious about Gonzales Cecil Johnson and the safety Lopez, anybody know who might be recruiting them or if they have committed to anyone.

Have not heard anything.

Pudlugger
10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I think this game will be a lot like our game with Gonzales, a lot of big plays. I know both teams have great speed however each team has big play capability, I see a back and forth game. I feel since Giddings can run and pass the ball like us, that will be the difference. Giddings has the speed on D to put 8 men in the box, they will do what we were able to do and that is slow the Diesel down. Giddings by 7.

This is a tough one to call. I have not seen Giddings yet and I was impressed with the Apaches this Friday taking the Leps to the limit. I have to agree regarding the potential for big plays by both teams. Whichever team gets their running game going best will win. I don't think Giddings will pass much but when they do it will be effective. I will go with Giddings by a little bit maybe 3 points.

YTBulldogs
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Diesel might have 400 yds in this one. I have no clue who will win though.

buff4ever
10-15-2012, 11:48 AM
This will be an exciting game in Gonzales. I would like to think that we have too many speedsters for Gonzales to hang. I expect that it will come down to the end, but Giddings will prove to be too much when it is all said and done. My guess is 31 - 24.

hookandladder
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Have not heard anything.

That is definitely surprising about the Diesel, that kid is special.

pacman
10-15-2012, 01:25 PM
This will be an exciting game in Gonzales. I would like to think that we have too many speedsters for Gonzales to hang. I expect that it will come down to the end, but Giddings will prove to be too much when it is all said and done. My guess is 31 - 24.

I also believe it will come down to the end, but we had a game that came down to the end this past friday, so I dont think they will want/let that happen again.

pacman
10-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Giddings and Gonzales will be 1-1 after Friday nights game.:stirpot:

1st and goal
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I also believe it will come down to the end, but we had a game that came down to the end this past friday, so I dont think they will want/let that happen again.

We had a game we were behind, but in the last 2 mins, they found a way to win it.

ApachePride
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Lopez is being looked at by Air Force. Only FBS school that i know of..

Yoe_09
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Giddings(6-0)
W 32-29 over Liberty Hill
W 31-26 over Wimberley
W 21-14 over Bellville
W 55-40 over Columbus
W 42-22 over Caldwell
W 41-28 over Cuero

Vs.

Gonzales(4-2)
W 27-6 over Victoria East
L 28-27 to Bastrop
W 48-7 over Austin Lanier
W 47-6 over College Station
W 61-6 over SA Sam Houston
L 35-34 to La Grange

Thoughts & Predictions?

Pudlugger
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Cool. get to fly one of those F-35s.

1st and goal
10-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey Yoe, can you merge the other thread? (Or any Mod)

Did Victoria East beat West or other way around this last week?

YTBulldogs
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Did Victoria East beat West or other way around this last week?
East won, 54-40.

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Giddings 48-13 over Gonzales

YTBulldogs
10-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Wow!!!:eek: Just don't see that type of margin in Gonzales.

buff4ever
10-16-2012, 08:53 AM

I wish LHPfactory, congrats on yalls continued success. Yall be kicking butt and taking names.

YTBulldogs
10-16-2012, 08:56 AM
I could be wrong, but--I don't see any of those type of blowouts in this district. Each week, it's eat or be eaten. Take a Friday off in D26, and you just secured a "L".

Pudlugger
10-16-2012, 09:14 AM

I would be very surprised if the Buff D holds the Apache offense to 13 points. Gonzales will score 35+ points so the Buffs need to put the numbers up to win this game.

YTBulldogs
10-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I would be very surprised if the Buff D holds the Apache offense to 13 points. Gonzales will score 35+ points so the Buffs need to put the numbers up to win this game.

:ditto:

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
I am going by what I saw when looked at the schedules for the two, and watched Giddings play in person. Gonzales lost to a good La Grange team by 1, but also lost by 1 to a less than mediocre Bastrop team. Giddings has shown that they can win aganst Good teams. Dont think Gonzales has played anyone close to Giddings level this year.

However, I understand what you are saying, This could be closer and Gonzales does appear to have a good defense from the games listed above allowing only La Grange and Bastrop double digit scores. But still, they havent faced an offense any where near what the Buffs have.

GUNHO
10-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Don't know much about these two...just going by their games listed.Looks like the Buff's D gives up a lot of points and barely got by a few of those teams but they were solid teams they played.Gonzales lost two games by one point each and their D held 4 teams to a touchdown or less.Giddings schedule was the toughest it seems so I would go with the Buff's but I would not count out Gonzales that's for sure.

Old Green
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM

Did Victoria East beat West or other way around this last week?:thumbsup:

buff4ever
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Unless someone watched each of these games, this may not make sense. Our defense seems to play when they think they need to. I wish that they would play that way all the time, obviously, but that is what it seems like. I think that LH, Wimberley, and Bellville all have better than average offenses; and I will say that Columbus played their best game this year against us (they were on that night and made some great plays). Examples to back what I am saying is that when the game was on the line with a very good and well executed LH offense, our defense made stops in the 4th quarter to allow us the chance to come back and win the game after we gave up the lead in the 3rd qtr. Wimberley had some success moving the ball on us in the middle of the game just like LH, but in the last 2 or 3 drives our defense provided great stops to close the game. Bellville was in the mud, and we played pretty well that whole game. Cuero was able to run on us most of the night, but in the 4th qtr before they scored on the last drive (after a bad pass interference call) our defense was able to shut their run down and even sacked the quarterback a couple times as well as a couple tackles for a loss; which was something we didn't to in the first 3 qtrs.

I don't have a great explanation for this possible scenario, who would. Maybe it is because of how many guys we have going both ways, maybe they step up the intensity that should be there the whole game when they sense they can put it away. For those of you who have watched a couple of Buffalo games, does this make sense. I feel that when the pressure is at its peak, the Buff defense seems to be at its best, when it wasn't at that level most of the game. They seem to play well early with a stop or two, then when the offense provides a lead they let off the intensity pedal until they are ready to put it away at the end. Haven't seen this much before, but I am noticing a little pattern of this. The only game that the offense didn't build up a good lead in was the bellville game, and that game our defense played well all night.

Just saying. If Gonzales can't stop our offense, maybe we will give up 20 or 30, maybe we won't, but if they can slow us down and hold us to 20 something, maybe we will only give up 14 or 17.

BUT WE WILL WIN THIS GAME :wave::stirpot:

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I will warn Giddings though, keep the momentum and experience you have from some of the tough games you have played rolling.
Because this is the kind of game and team that if you are riding to high and not focused, will knock you down.
All else aside I believe my crazy score prediction will come true if Giddings comes with all its weapons ready and firing.

Pudlugger
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I am going by what I saw when looked at the schedules for the two, and watched Giddings play in person. Gonzales lost to a good La Grange team by 1, but also lost by 1 to a less than mediocre Bastrop team. Giddings has shown that they can win aganst Good teams. Dont think Gonzales has played anyone close to Giddings level this year.

However, I understand what you are saying, This could be closer and Gonzales does appear to have a good defense from the games listed above allowing only La Grange and Bastrop double digit scores. But still, they havent faced an offense any where near what the Buffs have.

I think the Lep offense is every bit as good as the Buffs. Wait until Oct 26 and you'll see what I mean.

My point is the Buff D is suspect. They gave up 22 points to Caldwell, 40 points to Columbus(Leps gave the Cards 7) and 28 points to Cuero. The Leps gave Gonzales 34. I think based on these numbers it is fair to say that Giddings will have trouble holding the Apaches under 35 points especially with Apache hfa. That being said I think the Apaches will have difficulty holding the Giddings offense under 35+ so Buffs probably win this one in a shoot out.

buff4ever
10-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I think the Lep offense is every bit as good as the Buffs. Wait until Oct 26 and you'll see what I mean.

My point is the Buff D is suspect. They gave up 22 points to Caldwell, 40 points to Columbus(Leps gave the Cards 7) and 28 points to Cuero. The Leps gave Gonzales 34. I think based on these numbers it is fair to say that Giddings will have trouble holding the Apaches under 35 points especially with Apache hfa. That being said I think the Apaches will have difficulty holding the Giddings offense under 35+ so Buffs probably win this one in a shoot out.

We held LH to 29 and Wimberley to 20 something, and I don't think that it is fair to say that they are on caldwell or columbus's level. They are much better. We held bellville to what 14, same statement as last sentence. Cuero has been able to put up points this year, even without the sophmore back that played against us, and there line blocked very well. Basically pud, sense you haven't seen us play, you may not understand, but read my last post which is my own little way that I have seen them from game to game. Like I said in that post, if you haven't watched each game, that may be hard to believe, but if you would have seen each game, I think there is a definite intensity pattern with this defense. The boys play with it to hold early, then when a lead good lead is established they let off the pedal a little. I think most of it is the boys playing both ways are saving it up a little for when they are on offense.

But if it makes you feel better thinking you are going to come in here and put up a bunch of points pud, you come on and try. Your schedule vs. ours to this point isn't comparable. We will know more about each other in a few weeks. Cause for right now, we are in the middle of a district where 5 out of 6 teams truly feel they are a playoff team. 2 of those are going to find out they can't be in a few weeks. I think you guys beating Smithville this week, would go a long way towards putting them in a tough spot for them to become one of the 3 with them having giddings and gonzales left still.

hookandladder
10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
I say this week if Giddings defense plays like they did against LH and not like Columbus and Caldwell, Giddings wins by 2 Td's. Gonzales has a good running game however their passing game is not very good at all, If Gonzales cannot run the ball against Giddings D it could be a long night for GZ. The one thing GZ has going for them is it is at their house, Lot's of if's but I still see a good game here. I say in the end, Giddings picks up the win.

buff4ever
10-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Come on Gonzales posters, there are several of you out there. This is going to be a great and exciting game in your house, what do you have to say about it.

1st and goal
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Come on Gonzales posters, there are several of you out there. This is going to be a great and exciting game in your house, what do you have to say about it.

Crickets chirping on a cool dark night....

I guess with no recent history, there is no rivalry and they are quietly biting their lips.

I see this game as close, real close. As in, whichever team gets a turnover or benefit of an officiating call could be the difference. Oh, and which Giddings D decides to show up....

Gontex
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Last time they played was back in the early 90's/

Gontex
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Apaches will be there Friday night. Nuff said.

1st and goal
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey Gontex,
You recommend any places to eat there before the game?

pacman
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Gontex,

1st and goal,

Mr. Taco is a good place to eat at. Has anything you want.:) Mr. Taco is right down the road from the football field. Right across the street from GVEC.

ApachePride
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Last meeting 1993. A 0-4 Giddings team beat a 4-0 Gonzales team 23-0 on Come & Take It weekend. Buffs ended up winning their district going a few rounds deep in Region 3 that year. That Apache team finished 8-2-1 tying Sweeny in the first round of playoffs 13-13 losing on first downs. First Gonzales team to make playoffs since 1963..

defense51
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Giddings by a td

fire_it_up
10-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Last meeting 1993. A 0-4 Giddings team beat a 4-0 Gonzales team 23-0 on Come & Take It weekend. Buffs ended up winning their district going a few rounds deep in Region 3 that year. That Apache team finished 8-2-1 tying Sweeny in the first round of playoffs 13-13 losing on first downs. First Gonzales team to make playoffs since 1963..

That Sweeny game was very emotional at Sandcrab Stadium. Won't ever forget it.

I personally think the Apaches have just as good of a shot to beat Giddings as they did La Grange (and we all know the dog fight that was). The real difference here is the place. The Reservation is a very tough place for a visiting team to play. The fans are right on top of you with no track and the whole town shows up. I think the boys are coming back full force because they didn't like the taste of that loss in their mouths. It'll be close until the end but Apaches pull it out here.

pacman
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
That Sweeny game was very emotional at Sandcrab Stadium. Won't ever forget it.

I personally think the Apaches have just as good of a shot to beat Giddings as they did La Grange (and we all know the dog fight that was). The real difference here is the place. The Reservation is a very tough place for a visiting team to play. The fans are right on top of you with no track and the whole town shows up. I think the boys are coming back full force because they didn't like the taste of that loss in their mouths. It'll be close until the end but Apaches pull it out here.

You said it Fire_it_up, it is very tough for a visiting team to pull a W here. :) It will be close, but we will be victorious!!! :stirpot:

buff4ever
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
You said it Fire_it_up, it is very tough for a visiting team to pull a W here. :) It will be close, but we will be victorious!!! :stirpot:

We did it last time we played there, we will just have to come in and do it again.:stirpot:

29-3aFAN
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Here it is have at it. Just remember that playing at Apache stadium, is one of the hardest stadiums to win at. We rock that place.:clap:
Except for Giddings.

hookandladder
10-17-2012, 05:51 PM
I got a feeling this game now will not be as close as I thought, just a hunch. Wow

hookandladder
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
We did it last time we played there, we will just have to come in and do it again.:stirpot:

Check your PM's.

pacman
10-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Except for Giddings.

We will see about that. :taunt: Gonzales knows what to do with that kind of (ranked) team at home.:twitch:

1st and goal
10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I got a feeling this game now will not be as close as I thought, just a hunch. Wow

Is it too late to change your vote?

Pudlugger
10-17-2012, 09:16 PM
:weeping:I'm disappointed. I wanted a good game.

buff4ever
10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I am sure it is going to be another great district 26 game. There wasn't much of a blow out last week. Probably won't be in this week.

Gontex
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey Gontex,

There is an excellent Mexican rest. on the 90-A bypass, mr. tacos, that serves pretty good food. When you get to the traffic light coming in from I-10, take a right and go about a mile and a half and it will be one the left.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
My assessment of this mega matchup. For Giddings to win, they will have to put 8 in box 90% of the time IMO, and make Hillman beat you throwing the ball. Or, The Diesel another big game rushing. For GZ to win, they must limit the number quick striking 50+ yard big play's by the Buf's offense, and when on offense, snap the ball with 1 second on clock. Apaches must shorten the game IMO.

ogg
10-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Giddings 27 to 20

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I wonder how good Gonzales is without their stud running back? It will be difficult to keep up with the Buffs scoring juggernaut without a high performance offense. Giddings by 21.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 09:16 AM
I wonder how good Gonzales is without their stud running back?

:eek:

What in the world?

buff4ever
10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
:eek:

What in the world?

YT obviously missed the memo in the last 12 to 15 hours. I don't know that there is anything definite or confirmed about that story, but it is definitely out there.

Hard to hear, tougher even yet if true. Never want this type of stuff to happen to anyone.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 09:26 AM
I predict of the teams playing 0-1 teams, Giddings got the biggest break "if" The Diesel is out.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 09:27 AM
YT obviously missed the memo in the last 12 to 15 hours. I don't know that there is anything definite or confirmed about that story, but it is definitely out there.

Hard to hear, tougher even yet if true. Never want this type of stuff to happen to anyone.

Nope, I had not heard the sad news till this morning, "if" true. A Shame.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I think The Diesel will play, and play well. The outcome, I still have as a toss up and can't determine a winner yet.

1st and goal
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I think The Diesel will play, and play well. The outcome, I still have as a toss up and can't determine a winner yet.

What do you know? Or just speculation like the rest of us?

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 10:49 AM
What do you know? Or just speculation like the rest of us?

Of course it is, I said "I think" he'll play. Those I spoke with over there, have not heard he's out. I would not go into this thinking otherwise. Could cost ya. With or without CJ, GZ will be in this game.

buff4ever
10-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Of course it is, I said "I think" he'll play. Those I spoke with over there, have not heard he's out. I would not go into this thinking otherwise. Could cost ya. With or without CJ, GZ will be in this game.

As I have said in the past, what we talk about on here, and what the posters on here think has nothing to do with the kids and the coaches. Apparently Coach Lock in Gonazales (the AD) maybe posts on here sometimes, that would really surprise me. I am sure our boys have been prepped to play with him playing all week. I have also stated that there are no easy wins in our district, even after the leak happened.

Plus, remember we are playing in Gonzales, and they act like no one has won there since we did in the early 90's, so we have that going against us as well.:)

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Love watching a game at Apache Field. That's all we did last year there, watch. LOL. GZ very talented. Lopez and Johnson the best at their position in the district IMO.

Apache Field has a college atmosphere there with the Texas HS Football broadcast being aired over the PA System during warm-ups, a packed loud house. Good luck to both schools. Should be a classic.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Ok, I been on the fence for this one all week. Back in forth in my mind. Time to make a pick. No dis-respect intended. Both very talented teams.

Gonzales 28
Giddings 27

With or without.

hookandladder
10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
The word I got from our players yesterday is they heard he is not playing, something happened over the weekend. Gonzales is still a very good team with or without the Diesel but if he is not playing , they are not at the same level with him for sure. Could be just a rumor , who really knows.

1st and goal
10-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I guess we'll find out. I'll be there, on the edge of my seat.

buff4ever
10-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I guess we'll find out. I'll be there, on the edge of my seat.

It will be what it will be. Giddings has planned on coming to Gonzales all week to get a win. I am sure that the plan hasn't changed, why would it?

If he isn't there, our defensive scheme may have to be changed on the run, so maybe just as good if he is there. I still hope the young man is okay in whatever may or may not have gone down.

txsportswriter
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I like Gonzales in this one. The Apaches need a win more than Giddings to stay in the playoff race IMO. Won't be shocked if Giddings wins, but I just think the Apaches at home on the reservation are too much for the Buffs. Gonzales in a nail biter, 30-28.

Roughneck93
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Giddings by a TD.

Saggy Aggie
10-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Giddings by 2 scores

buff4ever
10-18-2012, 08:41 PM
The buff freshman won 40 something to 8

The buff jv won 30 something to 7

Good job subvarsity teams on continuing to win on Thursday nights

1st and goal
10-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Great job JV and Frosh...:clap::clap:

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Big Game Day for D26. Good luck and be injury free today.

Manso/V8
10-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I say Giddings by a TD.

lbjacj
10-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Buffs by 10

buff4ever
10-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Getting excited to head to Gonzales in a few hours. Forget all the talk about with or without, I think he is going to play regardless of situation and we going to win. Let's do this, at apache reserve.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Gas is more explosive than Diesel I'm hearing now from a few friends over in Apache Land.

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Good luck to both teams. Looks like the pressure is on for the Buffs to win this one without the Diesel. Gonzales will be fired up despite the discipline issue. They really have nothing to lose now.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Come together time for the Apaches. Still see them winning, 28-27.

buff4ever
10-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Good luck to both teams. Looks like the pressure is on for the Buffs to win this one without the Diesel. Gonzales will be fired up despite the discipline issue. They really have nothing to lose now.

I have a hunch that the diesel will be on the field on the first play tonight. Discipline issues aren't too high on the priority chart in Gonzo at this point in time. We will get to take on the apaches full force, just watch.

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 04:39 PM
He's not going to play Buff...

Lombardi
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I talked to someone very close to the program and he said as far as he knew, their wasn't an issue he was aware of.. Besides one player being injured last friday, all players wereat practice and ready to go!!

Gontex
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM

Gonzales 43 Giddings 23. The Diesel who Pud knew for sure wasn't going to play tonight rushed for more than 250 yards.

Gontex
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
). Just saying. If Gonzales can't stop our offense, maybe we will give up 20 or 30, maybe we won't, but if they can slow us down and hold us to 20 something, maybe we will only give up 14 or 17.

BUT WE WILL WIN THIS GAME :wave::stirpot:

Gonzales 43-23. Guess the Apaches showed a little better than you thought. Giddings had no defensive answer for Gonzales running or throwing the ball. Diesel ripped you. Glenn rushed for 66 yards and Dock threw 2 interceptions
and was pressured unmercifully in the 4th quarter.

fire_it_up
10-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I have a hunch that the diesel will be on the field on the first play tonight.
Discipline issues aren't too high on the priority chart in Gonzo at this point in time. We will get to take on the apaches full force, just watch.

For the record, I think someone from Giddings made up that rumor. The player in question was never in trouble this week and its wrong for grown men to slander underage students on this forum. Guess that rumor didn't work out so well for ya'll?
I can't wait to hear all of the excuses.

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Gonzales 43 Giddings 23. The Diesel who Pud knew for sure wasn't going to play tonight rushed for more than 250 yards.

Hey whatever Gontex, a little misinformation didn't hurt you guys. Apaches take care of business with no doubt as to who is the better team. Congratulations from Pud and all in Leopard Country. Well deserved.

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 10:46 PM
For the record, I think someone from Giddings made up that rumor. The player in question was never in trouble this week and its wrong for grown men to slander underage students on this forum. Guess that rumor didn't work out so well for ya'll?
I can't wait to hear all of the excuses.

No excuses here as just for the record that "rumor" came out of Gonzales. Well played I might add. A lot of folks got pawned but that's fine 'cuss I am happy that the Apaches handled Giddingas tonight.

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
BTW back in 2000 when the Leps were making their run for state someone started a rumor that Tye Gunn and several others were out for discipline reasons for theYoakum game, I believe in round 2. It ran through the boards like poop through a goose and was in fact wrong. The Leps won by 21 that night.:cool:

Gontex
10-19-2012, 10:51 PM
No excuses here as just for the record that "rumor" came out of Gonzales. Well played I might add. A lot of folks got pawned but that's fine 'cuss I am happy that the Apaches handled Giddingas tonight.

That's funny because I live in Gonzales and I never heard it. I was even at the high school on more than one occasion this week and I never heard it there either.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Great game GZ. I thought Giddings "D" was suspect. And, I know what the GZ "D" has out there. It will take all we got to contain The Diesel and your very talented Apache club at Bulldog Stadium next week. Only thing I do know, it will not be 30-0 like last year. Another packed stadium in order. Cuero was rocking, and both stands full and along the fence lines were 3 deep in some places on Yoakum side. And, we prevented Cuero from getting a whole section on our side to boot. Great following Yoakum. Keep it up, this team is special and needs you to be there for them. They deserve that much from our community each Friday.

pacman
10-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Great game GZ. I thought Giddings "D" was suspect. And, I know what the GZ "D" has out there. It will take all we got to contain The Diesel and your very talented Apache club at Bulldog Stadium next week. Only thing I do know, it will not be 30-0 like last year. Another packed stadium in order. Cuero was rocking, and both stands full and along the fence lines were 3 deep in some places on Yoakum side. And, we prevented Cuero from getting a whole section on our side to boot. Great following Yoakum. Keep it up, this team is special and needs you to be there for them. They deserve that much from our community each Friday.

Thanks YT. Well as for tonight The Diesel could not be contained. He showed his true talent tonight as well as the other weapons we had.
You are right, it will not be 30-0 like last year. I believe that this game between Gonzales and Yoakum will be a shoot out, one of those that come down to the wire type of games. It is going to be a very well thought out game between both teams.

Good Luck to your bulldogs

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks YT. Well as for tonight The Diesel could not be contained. He showed his true talent tonight as well as the other weapons we had.
You are right, it will not be 30-0 like last year. I believe that this game between Gonzales and Yoakum will be a shoot out, one of those that come down to the wire type of games. It is going to be a very well thought out game between both teams.

Good Luck to your bulldogs
U2 Pacman. Celebrate, you earned it bud.

underthetepee
10-19-2012, 11:57 PM
It wasn't 30-0 last year. It was 33-0!

hookandladder
10-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Everyone knows that football handles their problem in a different way, win at all cost. Time will tell if there was an issue or not, I am glad the Diesel played tonight because I want everyone in District to face the same teams we faced. Good win for GZ, the race is on.

Gontex
10-20-2012, 06:18 AM

You called that one Hook. Don't think that's what you had in mind though was it?

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 06:24 AM
It wasn't 30-0 last year. It was 33-0!

Whatever, anything over 28 feels the same. It was an ass whooping just the same, put on us. Thanks Pee for correcting me.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 06:27 AM
You called that one Hook. Don't think that's what you had in mind though was it?

It is a tribute to the Apache team leadership for them to bounce back from adversity with the narrow loss to La Grange and pound the football like they did to gain a decisive win over a quality opponent like Giddings. The Apaches are 5-2 with only two one point losses on their score card. D26 is heating up now and it is going to be a free for all to the end.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Giddings and Gonzales will be 1-1 after Friday nights game.:stirpot:

Buy a lottery ticket pacman you're on a run here. Pretty good call right there.:cheerl:

hookandladder
10-20-2012, 08:32 AM

I think you know what I was saying and with or without him is the difference in this game, Great win by GZ and like I said earlier glad everyone in District gets to play you guys with him on the field. That way there are no excuses, Keep it going.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Curious, did Giddings load the box most of the time, or give CJ the lanes, and let him outside? Guess I'll see soon enough myself on some HUDL video.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Total Apache dominance. Scary when I watched this one on Hudl. GZ OL is GOOD. Now, throw in a talented RB like The Diesel.:ack!: Unstoppable.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=150585&TeamID=300&SearchType=Teams