PDA

View Full Version : Dist 18 after District Opener

OldBison75
10-13-2012, 10:08 AM
The district's first week has set the stage for Navasota to end up Division 2.

Taylor beat Rockdale.
Madisonville was shut out by Navasota.
Caldwell was idle.

Madisonville has alot of injury issues and may have trouble beating Taylor.

Caldwell appears to be likely to lose all of their district games.

Taylor looks to be the Division 1 team at this point.

87 TIGER
10-13-2012, 10:40 AM
What positions/who is out for madisonville?
I know Rockdale has had one of the worst years I can remember with injuries. At one time we had 11 starters out that played back in week 1. We have gotten a few back but still have about 6-7 out.
Next Friday is a huge game for both teams. Loser is probably out.
Taylor is not in for sure yet, just think they only beat Rockdale by 6 . Rockdale beats madisonville by 7, madisonville beats Taylor by 7, and Taylor will sit at home. 3 way ties always interesting.

OldBison75
10-13-2012, 10:56 AM
They played with a 4th string QB last night. They had nine players on the field as starters that were not even on the game program. Not sure what happened, but if Rockdale stop the tailback, Madisonville is in trouble. They showed no passing game. They had minus 11 yards passing and only 81 yards rushing in the game for 70 total yards.

If things don't change quick, I think Taylor and Rockdale make the playoffs.

87 TIGER
10-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Wow, that's tough. 4th string qb. Is he a freshman?
Who is tailback for the mustangs? And what can you tell me about him?

OldBison75
10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
The fourth string QB is a Soph and listed on the roster as a FB/LB. I don't remember the tailback's name, but he has started all year. He is a quick, tough runner that runs really well between the tackles. He seldom goes down on first contact. He actually had 90 something against Navasota but there were so many sacks and losses by other backs that the total yards for the entire team was only 70.
Madisonville Stats:
Rushing 81
Passing -11