PDA

View Full Version : Who could be this year's Bandera?

vet93
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Last year, Bandera, was a good team in the regular season with a winning record. However, they were hardly on anyone's radar screen to win a state championship after barely making the playoffs by beating a relatively weak Llano team by a touchdown to sneak into the 3rd spot. They went on to have an amazing playoff run. What schools out there do you think could possibly do the same thing? Maybe they have had some bad breaks but could have a chance to make some noise in the post season. Opinions???

shellman54
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
My vote goes for whoever wins the Diboll - Kirbyville game. Playing in a district with Newton and Jasper is very tough. The third place team could make a lot of noise this year in the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2003, 10:45 AM
I'd look out for the Lyford Bulldogs out of district 32. They flew under EVERYONE'S radar, and if it weren't for one 5 yard penalty against them vs. Raymondville, they would be undefeated in district. They've even beaten Port Isabel, so the key here is DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY, or your team will get burned.

They may not look it, but they're GOOD.

PAINTBALL
10-28-2003, 11:54 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I'd look out for the Lyford Bulldogs out of district 32. They flew under EVERYONE'S radar, and if it weren't for one 5 yard penalty against them vs. Raymondville, they would be undefeated in district. They've even beaten Port Isabel, so the key here is DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY, or your team will get burned.

They may not look it, but they're GOOD.I again look for Liberty Hill and the other 25 3A Div.2 playoff team to make noise in the playoffs.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-28-2003, 06:01 PM
PAINTBALL:

TarponFanInNorthTexas:

They may not look it, but they're GOOD.I again look for Liberty Hill and the other 25 3A Div.2 playoff team to make noise in the playoffs.Paintball, I agree with you about Liberty Hill being under the radar. I expect them to go at least 3 rounds this year. I expect Wimberley to be the 3rd(assuming they beat Ingram and Bandera), if they are they will start the playoffs against LaVernia, whom they have already beaten. So I too expect good things from 25-3A in the playoffs.

Outside of our district, 3 teams have caught my eye and they all reside in District 17. Gatesville, China Springs and Waco Connally. I expect at least 1 if not all of them to surprise some people in the playoffs. Vet93, I don't know if they are exactly under the radar, but I expect your beloved Ballinger Bearcats to do very well in the post-season as well. :)

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-28-2003, 06:03 PM
If Cuero wouldn't have to go through Burnet or the team who was awesome enough to beat Burnet, I'd say Cuero...

Wtx_coach
10-28-2003, 06:08 PM
eventhough they are going to win district I would say maybe MOnahans has a chance, but I know no one will take them lightly since they beat greenwood, but that offense they installed is coming together

vet93
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Chris...the Bearcats certainly have the potential to make some noise but they have not seemed to gel at this point to be considered the next Bandera...I am still hoping!!! One thing that is cause for concern is that if everything plays out like everyone expects...then Ballinger could play a very salty Kennedale team in the 2nd round.

wtxcoach...mohahans could do very well in the western half of the DI playoffs and could end up playing Everman (or maybe Graham) for the region I championship.

Chris Hart
10-28-2003, 07:48 PM
vet93:
Chris...the Bearcats certainly have the potential to make some noise but they have not seemed to gel at this point to be considered the next Bandera...I am still hoping!!! One thing that is cause for concern is that if everything plays out like everyone expects...then Ballinger could play a very salty Kennedale team in the 2nd round.

wtxcoach...mohahans could do very well in the western half of the DI playoffs and could end up playing Everman (or maybe Graham) for the region I championship.Yeah Vet93, I didn't really intend for any of the teams I mentioned to be considered the next Bandera(I don't think any will win it all like Bandera), I was just saying I think these teams will have more playoff success than most people anticipate.(lol) But there just seems to be something special about Ballinger when the playoffs roll around, so who knows right? :)

vet93
10-28-2003, 08:21 PM
I hope your right Chris...by the way...It has got to be sweet being a Burnet fan these days. I bet those guys are a sight to watch. I agree with what I think Paintball said a few days ago when he said that the main team that can beat Burnet is Burnet. I guess that is true though for just about anybody....catch you later.

Chris Hart:

vet93:

wtxcoach...mohahans could do very well in the western half of the DI playoffs and could end up playing Everman (or maybe Graham) for the region I championship.Yeah Vet93, I didn't really intend for any of the teams I mentioned to be considered the next Bandera(I don't think any will win it all like Bandera), I was just saying I think these teams will have more playoff success than most people anticipate.(lol) But there just seems to be something special about Ballinger when the playoffs roll around, so who knows right? :)