PDA

View Full Version : La Grange hosts Smithville

Pudlugger
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
The Leps(5-1) are coming off a hard fought squeaker of a win against Gonzales and will host a hot and cold Smithville Tiger(3-3) football team in the second game of a tough district 26 schedule. Can the Leps continue their winning streak against a disappointed Smithville team coming off a big loss to Yoakum? The Tiger are always hard to beat so this will be another hard fought game. I think the Leps have too much under the hood and will get the win by 14.

Pudlugger
10-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Smithville must win this game to keep playoff hopes alive. They have LG, GZ ,Giddings and Cuero left on their schedule and the three teams making the playoffs will most likely need 3 wins. The Leps will be facing a scalded cornered Big Cat Friday so get prepared.

YTBulldogs
10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
If I was Smithville, I'd run their TE #33 more at FB. Dude is massive.

Pudlugger
10-13-2012, 12:47 PM
If I was Smithville, I'd run their TE #33 more at FB. Dude is massive.

YT do you have the stats for Yoakum v Smithville? Did the Tigers throw much or did they primarily run the football? Was the time of possession about equal? As far as a big guy with the rock I think our D would handle that well as the linebackers and DLs are pretty stout and hard hitting. What the Lep D had trouble with was the lightening acceleration and speed of that Cecil Johnson last night. He was about 160lbs but by the time our guys got two hands and a helmet on him he was 5 yards deep down field. The DL adjusted better in the 2nd half filling the gaps and getting off the blocks quicker to make contact at the line of scrimmage but he still got about 200 yards rushing.

YTBulldogs
10-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Pud, check your PM's.

Pudlugger
10-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Pud, check your PM's.

Thanks for the stats YT. It looks like Smithville can throw the football but they have a hard time holding onto it with 3 lost fumbles(as did La Grange). The stats were very even but turnovers were the difference in that game. Fortunately we have the rust off from the bye week and have Smithville at home. Smithville is always tougher when they have hfa. Good luck next week.

87 TIGER
10-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm taking Lagrange in this one. Be careful leps them tigers play dirty.

Roughneck93
10-13-2012, 07:09 PM
LG by 14.

hookandladder
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm taking Lagrange in this one. Be careful leps them tigers play dirty.

After what happened last year , I am sure the Ref's will be aware of taking charge of this game.

Pudlugger
10-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Is it just me or have the many LG supporting posters gone missing? It seems that only hook and I are representing our home town this year. Maybe when we start winning in district they will jump on the band wagon. We do have a lot of out of town support this season which is very heartening and appreciated. I think this team is something very special and am a bit at a loss to explain the lack of enthusiasm from our own. In the past dads and former players would get on the board and back the leps, now not so much. I was dismayed to see so many empty seats in the reserved seating section Friday night. With the Gonzales game so important to the district race you would think our town would turn out. No rain that night and deer season is not yet upon us so what's up with that? Dang I'm really getting discouraged with the anemic Lep fan club.

YTBulldogs
10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Is it just me or have the many LG supporting posters gone missing? It seems that only hook and I are representing our home town this year. Maybe when we start winning in district they will jump on the band wagon. We do have a lot of out of town support this season which is very heartening and appreciated. I think this team is something very special and am a bit at a loss to explain the lack of enthusiasm from our own. In the past dads and former players would get on the board and back the leps, now not so much. I was dismayed to see so many empty seats in the reserved seating section Friday night. With the Gonzales game so important to the district race you would think our town would turn out. No rain that night and deer season is not yet upon us so what's up with that? Dang I'm really getting discouraged with the anemic Lep fan club.

Get'em Pud.:clap:

hookandladder
10-14-2012, 09:04 AM

Yes Pud I was a little surprised also on Friday, I had friends come in from out of town and was able to purchase three extra tickets and after we got in the stands we could have all sat together by my reserve seasts. I hate say it however I think many of our reserve seats are still owned by elder Lep fans and just cannot make it to the games, not for sure if this is happening but I know a number of players parents are sitting in the non reserve seats because no reserves were available to be purchased. Maybe they would rather sit there , just do not know what is up. I will say football is not the only sport they is not bring in the fans, Softball,Baseball and Volleyball have not had the crowds you would expect and this is at playoff games. Maybe it is just the economy, not like it use to be.

Dawgfan64
10-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Don't underestimate Smithville...they don't have anything to lose at this point. They know that the playoff spot can only come with a win this week. They are a capable team and after that nail biter against Guntown, it would be understandable if the Leps overlooked the Tigers. On paper I'd have to take LaGrange but these games are played on the field and not on paper. Good luck!

Pudlugger
10-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Don't underestimate Smithville...they don't have anything to lose at this point. They know that the playoff spot can only come with a win this week. They are a capable team and after that nail biter against Guntown, it would be understandable if the Leps overlooked the Tigers. On paper I'd have to take LaGrange but these games are played on the field and not on paper. Good luck!

You are correct sir. This team cannot take any district opponents lightly especially Smithville. A cornered Tiger is very dangerous. If the Leps come in overconfident like they did in 2008 they likely will be sitting home come play off time. Seize the momentum now and take care of business Leps and beat Smithville. Remember how it worked out for La Grange last year? Well now we have another bite out of the apple. Make it count.

Bassact
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Leps roll by 21+. SV can't stop the run. Come out and pop them in the mouth and they'll unravel. At that point make sure your boys keep their heads on a swivel.

Gobblerfan
10-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Hell, we drove from Austin to watch LG vs. Gonzales. It was worth the drive.

hookandladder
10-14-2012, 03:35 PM

If you come again this Friday, come earlier to the Tailgate party . Same place starting around 5:30, always a good time.

Pudlugger
10-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Well still no Smithville posters on this thread. I hope Coach has the returners practicing fielding the football this week. Hopefully the Leps will protect the football better Friday. They really put themselves in a hole against a very formidable offense in the Gonzales game. Frankly they were lucky to come away with the win. Had they not lost those 3 fumbles the outcome would have been more one sided. As it was Gonzales got within a yard of victory. This Friday the Leps must make a statement that they are a legitimate contender for the district championship. If my instincts are correct the Leps will put it together Friday and will once again raise the victory flag around 10:30 PM.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Did ya miss the Giddings exit?

Snotbubbles
10-15-2012, 10:06 AM
SV can't afford to go 0-2 in this district. I'll take SV by a TD. Tougher schedule and common opponent result. MF stinks and put 50 something on LG.

hookandladder
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
SV can't afford to go 0-2 in this district. I'll take SV by a TD. Tougher schedule and common opponent result. MF stinks and put 50 something on LG.

Tell us what you really think , Snotsbubbles. MF stinks, really.

Pudlugger
10-15-2012, 12:47 PM

Well since you're usually wrong about your predictions regarding LG I am not too worried. MF is 3-3 in a tough district right now and would not say they stink. Smithville is a good football team but so are the Leps. This will be a big challenge for La Grange coming off the huge emotional roller coaster win last Friday. Fortunately the teams will get to play and determine the winner despite all our sturm und drang on this board.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Smithville has the talent and threw the ball better than I expected they could. But, LG is just too deep and has the HFA. Lep's 35-27.

1st and goal
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
How did Smittyville score all those points on MF? Was it all on the ground?

Did LG shoot themselves in the foot playing MF?

Did MF play anybody their own size preseason? Seems like all they played was 3A...

hookandladder
10-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Did MF play anybody their own size preseason? Seems like all they played was 3A...

The QB for MF was lights out against us and his receivers made a number of highlight catches, we just did not play well in the secondary however changes were made after that game and the secondary has done much better. Offensively , we ran up and down on MF and in the first half we were fixin to go by 3 scores and we had back to back fumbles that MF took advantage of. MF came out in the second half and score right away, we did close the score to one TD in the 4th with 6 minutes remaining however players going both way just did not help. MF is not a bad team by no means, when their QB is on he is tough. He set a State record against Boerne Champion (4A Team with playoff hopes) for passing yards so I would say they are a decent team, maybe not in Snotbubbles eyes but most.

Pudlugger
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Smithville ran against MF. Their defense against the run was weak. Their strength was on offense in their pin point accuracy passing to their 6' 7" WR.
Yes the Leps had a crucial drive stopping interception in the final minutes that put the game out of reach. MF was ahead 42-36 in the final 5 minutes of play. The Leps were driving on the MF 45 moving the ball well when they were intercepted after a blown route by the Lep receiver and an errant pass by our qb.. MF scored twice at that point after the momentum shifted and our defense seemed to collapse.. MF's big nose guard Shipley(6'6" 280) went out of the game in the second half with a knee injury and did not play against SV.
MF played LG, SV Burnet and Boerne Champion pre-district going 3-1 losing to SV. They are 3-3 now.

buff4ever
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I think that LG wins this game, and if history repeats itself, this may cause Smithville to fall into a downward spiral for the rest of the year.

I am saying LG by 10 - 14.

Pudlugger
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
buff4ever that is an optimistic outlook for the Leps. I am trending more to the Tigers Cornered and Pissed as Hell model. Even a cornered rat can bite you, think what a Tiger can do.

LiftingLep
10-16-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm thinking LG wins in a pretty close game. Something along the lines of the 09 game. I forsee a good amount of dirty play and double digit penalties, but if the Leps are smart they'll try and let SV rack up the penalties, which wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do. Leps by 5

Pudlugger
10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking LG wins in a pretty close game. Something along the lines of the 09 game. I forsee a good amount of dirty play and double digit penalties, but if the Leps are smart they'll try and let SV rack up the penalties, which wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do. Leps by 5

Welcome aboard LiftingLep. I hope you're correct in the outcome of this all important game. I worry about a let down after the emotional win last week. The Tigers are going to be fired up so the Leps have to apply pressure out of the gate.

LiftingLep
10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome aboard LiftingLep. I hope you're correct in the outcome of this all important game. I worry about a let down after the emotional win last week. The Tigers are going to be fired up so the Leps have to apply pressure out of the gate.
Oh they will be beyond fired up. This is the game most young tigers grow up anticipating nowadays. I can remember reading a SV newspaper around graduation a few years back and at least 75% of their favorite high school moments involved beating LG in one sport or another, most notably the 08 game. I suspect SV may even view this game in a similar fashion as the 08 game: LG being on a current win streak, SV getting by, and being at LG's turf. To top it all off there's enough bad blood still left from last years on the field rumble which was very visible at the recent volleyball game in SV over the bye week. I think all in all it will add up to a very physical and at times overly emotional football game.

Old Green
10-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking LG wins in a pretty close game. Something along the lines of the 09 game. I forsee a good amount of dirty play and double digit penalties, but if the Leps are smart they'll try and let SV rack up the penalties, which wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do. Leps by 5Welcome LiftingLep.

Pudlugger
10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh they will be beyond fired up. This is the game most young tigers grow up anticipating nowadays. I can remember reading a SV newspaper around graduation a few years back and at least 75% of their favorite high school moments involved beating LG in one sport or another, most notably the 08 game. I suspect SV may even view this game in a similar fashion as the 08 game: LG being on a current win streak, SV getting by, and being at LG's turf. To top it all off there's enough bad blood still left from last years on the field rumble which was very visible at the recent volleyball game in SV over the bye week. I think all in all it will add up to a very physical and at times overly emotional football game.

I am afraid you are correct regarding the emotional tone of the SV team regarding playing the Leps. They consider the Leopards as their traditional rivalry game while the Leps consider Giddings as theirs. It will be very important for the Leps to be on the A game Friday. One good thing is we have gotten that rust off from the bye week and managed a win against Gonzales. Now the Leps are warmed up and dialed in for a good game. I'm sure the incident from last year's game will be discussed by the coaches with the team and they will be prepared to avoid penalties from retaliation if SV pulls something dirty. This 2012 Lep team plays smart football and makes very few unforced errors like unsportsmanlike penalties and such. I'm really stoked about this game and like our chances to get the win.

LiftingLep
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I love LG's chances to win, I honestly have no doubt in my mind that they could easily pull a victory out Friday against any other team that's of the same caliber as SV, just not SV themselves, and that's the only reason I have it being a close one. Weird things happen in rivalry games.

Pudlugger
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Yep. Best be prepared for a real cat fight Friday in Leopard land.

Pudlugger
10-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Hump day is here. Only 2 more days until the Leps tangle with the SV Tigers. The Lep defense got a real workout last week defending the run. Gonzales' Cecil Johnson was the best running back the Leps have faced this year and rushed for over 200 yards. Smithville has some good running backs as well. It will be the job of the Lep front 4 and middle linebackers to contain them. Our secondary has been very effective in limiting passing yards and getting interceptions(3 last Friday). I look forward to another exciting game with La Grange extending their record in district to 2-0.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Hump day is here. Only 2 more days until the Leps tangle with the SV Tigers. The Lep defense got a real workout last week defending the run. Gonzales' Cecil Johnson was the best running back the Leps have faced this year and rushed for over 200 yards. Smithville has some good running backs as well. It will be the job of the Lep front 4 and middle linebackers to contain them. Our secondary has been very effective in limiting passing yards and getting interceptions(3 last Friday). I look forward to another exciting game with La Grange extending their record in district to 2-0.

Watch out for #33 the TE in this one for SV. He impressed me and was a solid blocker to go along with his short routes he ran. #10 the safety, a beast. That said, I see it close till half, then LG depth takes total control.

LHS 2SONS
10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Yea Pud, the Leps will take care of the kitty cats this week. I was concerned against Gonzales if our offense could score against Gonzales' defense. I see our offense putting up alot of points against the remaining opponents. They all have been giving up points. However we cannot continue to turn the ball over, it got us against Marble Falls and almost again against Gonzales. The guys nor the coaching staff never looked flustered during these times and that is what it takes to overcome mistakes. It will be dog fight this Friday, i hope that we can keep our heads clean and play clean because Smithville will play just a little dirty, Always have and always will!!! Our defense, needs to step it up and get there "A" game back, not only this week, but the rest of the season. Very proud of the way the Leps handled themselves Friday night. The Seniors on the field really stepped up this past Friday.

Pudlugger
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Yea Pud, the Leps will take care of the kitty cats this week. I was concerned against Gonzales if our offense could score against Gonzales' defense. I see our offense putting up alot of points against the remaining opponents. They all have been giving up points. However we cannot continue to turn the ball over, it got us against Marble Falls and almost again against Gonzales. The guys nor the coaching staff never looked flustered during these times and that is what it takes to overcome mistakes. It will be dog fight this Friday, i hope that we can keep our heads clean and play clean because Smithville will play just a little dirty, Always have and always will!!! Our defense, needs to step it up and get there "A" game back, not only this week, but the rest of the season. Very proud of the way the Leps handled themselves Friday night. The Seniors on the field really stepped up this past Friday.

You are correct LHS2SONS our defense needs to stop the run and our guys need to protect the football. Our offense is putting up big numbers and our special teams kick returners and PATs are doing well too. I was encouraged as well with how the Leps didn't get rattled after the horrendous start last Friday night. Many teams would fold but they just focused and coned down on getting the ball into the endzone and worked their way out of the hole. That shows real team character. Sort of how Giddings came back strong at the very end of the LH game to get the win. I heard folks actually left from the Giddings side before the big end of game rally! No one was leaving Lep Stadium last Friday. We knew that our team could get the win and they did. SV is always a difficult team to play. Even when they are bad they play up and catch us napping or when they are good like this year they gain an emotional edge due to their perception of LG as a rival. This year we have payback to dispense as they got the 3rd ticket to the playoffs last season even though we beat them(by 3 points in the tie breaker). We will come out strong and will not let up until it is time to raise the victory flag.

1st and goal
10-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Padilla has LG only picked by a point.:stirpot::stirpot::1popcorn:

Pudlugger
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Padilla has LG only picked by a point.:stirpot::stirpot::1popcorn:

Yeah we saw that a few days ago. So? What is your point? We'll see how it goes Friday night. Padilla was right about our game with Gonzales but as they say even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn . i don't think it will be so close this time.

YTBulldogs
10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah we saw that a few days ago. So? What is your point? We'll see how it goes Friday night. Padilla was right about our game with Gonzales but as they say even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn . i don't think it will be so close this time.

A 1 point win is still a crucial victory in D26. I'll gladly take it Friday night, and move to 2-0.

hookandladder
10-17-2012, 07:36 PM
A 1 point win is still a crucial victory in D26. I'll gladly take it Friday night, and move to 2-0.

I do not care to sit in the stands on a 1 point win but I will sure take it if that happens, the cold ones are just as good no matter the score. Leps have had a good week of practice and know exactly whats at stake, we need to come out strong and take control. Smithville will be really juiced up to start this game , so coming out strong will be a must.

1st and goal
10-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Maybe the squirrel is wrong this time? I think you guys will win, but I just thought it interesting enough to get Pud stirred up. :)

My point is not one of contention, just that, it is only a point. I guess it could be a mute point if it doesn't matter.

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 08:58 AM
As long as the Leps get the win it doesn't matter by how much.

One more day until the big game. Each week from here on is Big Game week for the Leps. After the bye week the Leps got out of the gate slowly and obviously were rusty allowing Gonzales to take the lead immediately. Now after getting the win anyway and exorcising the goblins they come into this game ready to rumble. Go Leps! Beat the Tigers and go 2-0 in district.

buff4ever
10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
As long as the Leps get the win it doesn't matter by how much.

One more day until the big game. Each week from here on is Big Game week for the Leps. After the bye week the Leps got out of the gate slowly and obviously were rusty allowing Gonzales to take the lead immediately. Now after getting the win anyway and exorcising the goblins they come into this game ready to rumble. Go Leps! Beat the Tigers and go 2-0 in district.

Of the 3 1-0 teams, I predict that Yoakum is only one to fall from the undefeated ranks this week. Anything can happen in any of the 3 games, but if I am going by most likely, that is my guess. They are going into Cuero in a heated rivalry that cuero owns, cuero rarely loses 2 consecutive district games, especially when second is at home, and they were not that bad last week. They are down in talent for most part, but the two backs if healthy help a lot.

LG will win I think surprisingly easily if they can successfully jump up on the tigers early.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Of the 3 1-0 teams, I predict that Yoakum is only one to fall from the undefeated ranks this week. Anything can happen in any of the 3 games, but if I am going by most likely, that is my guess. They are going into Cuero in a heated rivalry that cuero owns, cuero rarely loses 2 consecutive district games, especially when second is at home, and they were not that bad last week. They are down in talent for most part, but the two backs if healthy help a lot.

LG will win I think surprisingly easily if they can successfully jump up on the tigers early.

I agree with most of this statement, except the Dogs falling from the undefeated ranks. All our games are going to be a war.

LGfrog
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
LG WILL WIN, Kates boys got way more than Smithville

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
LG WILL WIN, Kates boys got way more than Smithville

LGfrog welcome to the board. I like your enthusiasm and your first post. We down here in LEP country love those Frogs up your way. The LEPs will show up and get the job done tomorrow night....you can count on that.

1st and goal
10-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Why can't we get any Smittyville posters? I know they can pack the stands. Surely they have 1 or 2 that can type. Do they not have internet over there?

txsportswriter
10-18-2012, 03:54 PM
We (Yoakum) got to see first hand what Smithville has, so with that in mind, I like LG in this one by a couple TDs. Let's say 39-26. Of the three 1-0 teams in district, I'd like to say Giddings has the best chance to fall, not Yoakum.
Cuero does have tradition on their side, but history is just that-- history. Our kids know Cuero and respect what that have done through the years and WILL NOT take the Gobblers lightly this week. I have never seen our boys so focused on an opponent.
My hope is that they (Yoakum) don't over emphasize things and just relax and play ball. With the DQ Big Game of the Week crap going on, it's making some of the kids nervous. Here's the way I see the district standings after week 2:
Yoakum 2-0
La Grange 2-0
Gonzales 1-1
Giddings 1-1
Smithville 0-2
Cuero 0-2

But as they say, I guess we'll just have to wait and see......

LGfrog
10-18-2012, 05:29 PM
No doubt this is going to be a good game but like I said earlier LG just has to many weapons in diffrent areas.. I'm not saying unbeatable but if they play with a level head they will win, it only takes one point
. LG 48 SV 36

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 06:03 PM
LGFrog SV will not score 36 on our defense. LG 48 Sv 21 more like it.

LGfrog
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Not trying to give SV and credit but 2009 we came in with a STRONG D, but yes I hope the score is 99-0 and have that flag flying high after the game!

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Our D this year is as good as the 2009 D was imo. I think we will hold SV to 21 or less tomorrow night.

LGfrog
10-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Well I'll tuned in via iPhone radio this game! Go Leps!

LiftingLep
10-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Our D this year is as good as the 2009 D was imo. I think we will hold SV to 21 or less tomorrow night.

Well they need to be better than the 2009 defense if they want to have such a large lead, if I remember correctly the difference that night was only 3 when all was said and done. NOT trying to bash LG, but I just think that SV will bring it and the team that makes the plays early in the game and in the 4th will come away with a close one. The only way I see it being one sided is if LG just pounds down the clock and picks up some large runs from its talented backs and causes turnovers on D.

Pudlugger
10-18-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree the Leps need to come out strong and pound the football and wear them down early. Our team is well conditioned and with no one starting both ways should be able to keep up the pressure for 4 quarters. It will be a very exciting game.

LGfrog
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Couldn't be said any better, pound the ball and keep doing it. We have the backs to do it and our OLine will move that d-line back. LG!

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 03:03 AM
It's game day son, will be making the trip soon enough to see this one!

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Game day finally and it is a crisp clear Autumn morning. What a beautiful day for football. Tonight the Leps will get to avenge the tie breaker loss to Smithville after beating them on their own field. No tie breakers for the Leps in 2012!

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Will be posting live updates later on

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Lg kicks off

CHEERDAD
10-19-2012, 08:54 PM
20 to 14 at the half,smithville leading

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 09:37 PM
4th quarter 14-20 SV

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Lg up 21-20, 1:18 left

LiftingLep
10-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Lg wins it big at home 21-20

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Final Scores:
LG v Smithville + Refs 21-20
*Lg v Smithville minus refs 21-14

*In the second quarter 4th and 10 from the Leps 35 SV unloads into the right corner of the end zone and the SV receiver catches the ball out of bounds. The line judge who was standing right there called it out of bounds and the ball was lined up for the Lep offense. The umpire ran over from the opposite side of the field and they all had a little chat while the Lep coaches were huddling with the offense. Then the umpire signaled for a td! Pandemonium! Worst. ref. ever.

Nevertheless the Lep defense held the Tigers scoreless in the second half and after a long time consuming drive at the 5 minute mark the Leps scored on a 30 yard pass to #9 Tezeno in the endzone on 3rd and 1. PAT good and Lep D intercepts with 47 seconds left to take four knees for the win. I'm going to ask Padilla for his lottery numbers. That's two 1 point wins in a row he called for LG! Great game against a great Tiger football team. Go Leps get ready for Giddings.

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey, it's that crucial "W" Pud. That's all that matter. Good job. Was it clean?

Pudlugger
10-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Yes the Tigers played with class as did the Leps. A few minor exceptions but that is football. This was a huge win for the Leps against a much better team than the record shows. The Tiger defense was small and quick to the ball and they did a great job falling short at the end.

zebrablue2
10-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Congrats to coach Kates and his troops, they are now battle tested for sure. BIG WIN!!!

hookandladder
10-20-2012, 08:28 AM
My hats off to Smithville as normal for the last 2 years , they come to play with that great Senior class. I know they are 0-2 in District with theirs backs to the wall but do not count them out, with all 9 defensive players back from last year they are still capable of winning their last 3 games. That defense is the best we have seen all year, Congrats to the Leps.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 09:01 AM
My hats off to Smithville as normal for the last 2 years , they come to play with that great Senior class. I know they are 0-2 in District with theirs backs to the wall but do not count them out, with all 9 defensive players back from last year they are still capable of winning their last 3 games. That defense is the best we have seen all year, Congrats to the Leps.

I agree the Tiger defense was superb last night. Small and fast they swarm to the football and tackle hard. The Leps were able to run on them with good blocking between the tackles and speed to the outside but it was not a cake walk. The Tiger secondary played very well aided by their aggressive pass rush putting pressure on our qb all night. Limiting the Leps to 21 points was an accomplishment in itself as our O was averaging 41 points going into this game. No doubt Giddings will be studying this tape and try to execute this defensive strategy.