PDA

View Full Version : IPads & HS Football...

Bullaholic
10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Now that a lot of students are getting school provided IPads, I wonder what the UIL ruling would be about putting the play book and game film on them for football players? I wonder if any coaches would even want to do that.

bigwood33
10-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Now that a lot of students are getting school provided IPads, I wonder what the UIL ruling would be about putting the play book and game film on them for football players? I wonder if any coaches would even want to do that.

No need to. Almost everyone is using Hudl these days and kids are routinely watching video and can see all of the data that coaches make available to them. As long as they have internet access, they can see all of that stuff. There is also a Hudl app that would simplify access.

jockcity33
10-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I am thinking that most schools have HUDL as their scouting program and with that, every kid can log on and watch film. It doesn't have to be an IPAD, they can log on with their cell phones and watch film.

GrTigers6
10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
AH, the days of Huddling up to a projector or a VHS on a tv stand rolled out on the gym floor! Gone by the wayside I guess. LOL
But HUDL is pretty cool. Even the officials can use it for training or to see how things could be done differently or improve mechanics for better positioning.

Grahamerica
10-10-2012, 10:50 AM
HUDL has really changed the scouting and prep time.

Old Timer
10-10-2012, 11:28 AM
With all the technology advances in our world today, I'm sure that we're going to see some coaches "using their resources" (aka cheating). For example, how long is it going to be before coaches figure out some way to broadcast the endzone camera footage to an Ipad/computer/smart-phone in the pressbox. Imagine being able to watch a few 1st half plays during half-time!

I'm sure somebody is already doing these types of things...

Hendo
10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
With all the technology advances in our world today, I'm sure that we're going to see some coaches "using their resources" (aka cheating). For example, how long is it going to be before coaches figure out some way to broadcast the endzone camera footage to an Ipad/computer/smart-phone in the pressbox. Imagine being able to watch a few 1st half plays during half-time!

How is this cheating if it is available for everybody to use?

raider red 2000
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
How is this cheating if it is available for everybody to use?

its in the rules....cant do that. I will see if i can find it.

GrTigers6
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
How is this cheating if it is available for everybody to use?Its Against the rules, You cannot view film of a game while it is being played
I believe that a UIL Rule

Hendo
10-11-2012, 08:25 AM
So I stand educated.

pancho villa
10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
So I stand educated.

What is this HUDL thing? and what is an Ipad?

Old Tiger
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Old Timer
10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

You bet! I didn't mean to sound negative in my post(s), but I am concerned about the use of technology as an unfair advantage in my profession. Why are you so sensitive to this subject?

outlaw
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I think there is more parents that watch Hudl than the coaches and kids. :confused:

Rattler
10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I think there is more parents that watch Hudl than the coaches and kids. :confused:

Are you looking at me!:rolleyes:

BEAST
10-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Its Against the rules, You cannot view film of a game while it is being played
I believe that a UIL Rule

What if it is a still photo not a video?

BEAST

Old Tiger
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
You bet! I didn't mean to sound negative in my post(s), but I am concerned about the use of technology as an unfair advantage in my profession. Why are you so sensitive to this subject?

I just stated a simple question regarding majority of your post here. The sensitivity seems to be on your end of the sensitivity stick.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM

Is looking at film at halftime illegal?

I wouldn't think it would be.

Old Timer
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I just stated a simple question regarding majority of your post here. The sensitivity seems to be on your end of the sensitivity stick.

Ok, I see what you mean. I guess that I spend too much of my time calling people out on their post(s). What I really need to do is focus more of my time and energy browsing this forum and being more aware of the fact that others have the freedom and right to write whatever they want. From now on, if I start to feel a bit over-sensitive about a certain topic I should simply browse on to another topic to avoid any unnecessary sensitivity. After all, this is a place for public debate. How dare I submit my comments/opinions/concern in a public forum. I am so glad that I have seen the error in my ways. I will never again critique ANYBODY if they are exercising their right to post openly and freely on this public forum.

Old Tiger, thank you for opening my eyes....