PDA

View Full Version : TCU- Casey Pachall

hookandladder
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Will withdrawn from TCU and enter a Rehab Center, could possibly return to TCU in the Spring.

outlaw
10-09-2012, 04:00 PM
good to hear, football is secondary in this issue

Sville
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
That is good to hear as well. He needs to get his personal life straightened out first. He might also think about transferring to get away from whatever influences were causing him to stumble. I know those influences are every where but it would be easier to say no to people you don't know than to people you do.

Rattler
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
That is good to hear as well. He needs to get his personal life straightened out first. He might also think about transferring to get away from whatever influences were causing him to stumble. I know those influences are every where but it would be easier to say no to people you don't know than to people you do.

Agreed!

JUST A FAN
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
He should be gone to make room for the next kid to have a shot. This is why we are in such bad shape with our youth, there needs to be drastic consequences for your actions, if you just slap them on the wrist it doesn’t teach a lesson or the next kid a lesson IMO

LGfrog
10-19-2012, 02:34 PM
He should be gone to make room for the next kid to have a shot. This is why we are in such bad shape with our youth, there needs to be drastic consequences for your actions, if you just slap them on the wrist it doesn’t teach a lesson or the next kid a lesson IMO
Your right about " he shouldn't get a slap on the wrist" but he is a young man that has screwed up, but you want to ruin the rest of his career and not give him another chance? If it was your son wouldn't you want what's best for him even if he screwed up?

big daddy russ
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM

Another part of the problem is pigeonholing these kids into troublemakers. We should always give them a chance to redeem themselves, and you cut ties/take drastic measures once they don't take advantage of the opportunity presented.

My wife teaches at a low-income school (93% free and reduced lunches) and deals with the inherent behavior problems that come with the demographic on a daily basis. She sees more turnarounds from positive reinforcement than negative reinforcement. Don't get me wrong, she's strict and keeps her house in order, but there's no such thing as a "bad kid" to her. She'll discipline a kid five times in a day and then come back and reward them the very same day.

Maybe that's the problem. I know a lot of adults who are awfully eager to label kids by their behavior instead of what they can become. Heck, many adults are more eager to gossip about these kids than dig to the root problem. We're supposed to guide these kids by punishing the behavior, not the individual, which is what Coach Patterson has done here. Kudos.

I'd say the problem with our kids is staring us in the mirror.

skins4life
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Another part of the problem is pigeonholing these kids into troublemakers. We should always give them a chance to redeem themselves, and you cut ties/take drastic measures once they don't take advantage of the opportunity presented.

My wife teaches at a low-income school (93% free and reduced lunches) and deals with the inherent behavior problems that come with the demographic on a daily basis. She sees more turnarounds from positive reinforcement than negative reinforcement. Don't get me wrong, she's strict and keeps her house in order, but there's no such thing as a "bad kid" to her. She'll discipline a kid five times in a day and then come back and reward them the very same day.

Maybe that's the problem. I know a lot of adults who are awfully eager to label kids by their behavior instead of what they can become. Heck, many adults are more eager to gossip about these kids than dig to the root problem. We're supposed to guide these kids by punishing the behavior, not the individual, which is what Coach Patterson has done here. Kudos.

I'd say the problem with our kids is staring us in the mirror.

Well said !

JUST A FAN
10-20-2012, 09:12 AM
big daddy russ you have nailed it with your last line, the problem is us, we have not done our part to correct these issues, but it isn't too late. we just have to start being tougher.

JUST A FAN
10-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I would never throw a kid away; I have been misunderstood on this. My belief is that most people do deserve a second chance however what I meant was at this level there are so many kids that don’t make these bad decisions and never would. The young QB got a shot at something very precious, a college education, not many get that chance let alone at no cost to them, we need to fill our institutions of higher learning with people that are serious about their education and not just there to play., if this had been a High School student I certainly would have a different feeling, one of more compassion. The story here and across the country is that these pampered spoiled kids get everything handed to them their whole life and miss out on life’s lessons early so they feel untouchable and make poor decisions. I do not know him or the family so I may be talking out of turn here, he may have been a model student in high school and this is his first mistake but I doubt it. We as a society need to start holding people accountable for their actions and decisions with that as a barometer for others to follow, if you mess up you have to be held accountable and at times that punishment hurts, isn’t it supposed to and make you reflect on what you should have done instead of what you did.

I wish this young man the best in his quest to right his life and I hope he gets another chance at his dream just not at TCU, he blew that chance. I am sure another school will jump at the opportunity to have this talented kid no matter his past.

MJMbrahmas10
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Why is he in rehab? For a single DUI offense?

LGfrog
10-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Why is he in rehab? For a single DUI offense? coach P gave him the chance to complete rehab for the DUI and the the drugs he admitted to using, if he completes rehab he will be able to enter school and play football in the spring and fall next year

Emerson1
10-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Why is he in rehab? For a single DUI offense?
It should take 3?