PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle Quick Tempo

Bullaholic
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Looks like the no huddle quick-tempo offense is finding success in the NFL and college. How long before you think a lot of HS teams will try it? A lot use no huddle with hand signals now, but it is not quick-tempo.

firstdown
10-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Looks like the no huddle quick-tempo offense is finding success in the NFL and college. How long before you think a lot of HS teams will try it? A lot use no huddle with hand signals now, but it is not quick-tempo.

I think that the reason for the up tempo is to try and stop the defense from changing packages. Most high schools don't change personnel to change packages for the most part. Until that changes there is no real need for an up-tempo unless you're running the 2 minute offense.

Bullaholic
10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I think that the reason for the up tempo is to try and stop the defense from changing packages. Most high schools don't change personnel to change packages for the most part. Until that changes there is no real need for an up-tempo unless you're running the 2 minute offense.

That's true, but I was just wondering if some coaches thought they could catch high school defenses before they were set or maybe confuse them.

BEAST
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
The OC we had here in 2010 stayed with an up tempo offense. It really isnt as much about keeping the other team from getting other players in as it is just gassing the D.

BEAST

outlaw
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
The Cowboys need to be doing it, always seems to work

Bullaholic
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
The Cowboys need to be doing it, always seems to work

Seems like the Cowboys are having enough trouble just running their regular offense, much less one that requires the timing and understanding of the up tempo. Can't you just see Dez trying to figure out where he supposed to be and where he's going in about 15 secs or so? :D

outlaw
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Seems like the Cowboys are having enough trouble just running their regular offense, much less one that requires the timing and understanding of the up tempo. Can't you just see Dez trying to figure out where he supposed to be and where he's going in about 15 secs or so? :D

Sure would be fun to watch Dez try it. He would be trying to bite his ear.

raider red 2000
10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
The OC we had here in 2010 stayed with an up tempo offense. It really isnt as much about keeping the other team from getting other players in as it is just gassing the D.

BEAST

we do it to gas the D. we try to snap the ball with at least 20 seconds to go on the 25 sec clock. we want as many plays as possible. we ticked off alot of people the last couple of years.

Smitty
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Stephenville uses it from time to time, and they are good at it!

Ernest T Bass
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
It's used at the 4a and 5a levels quite a bit. The ideas are to keep the defense from changing personel and to keep the defense in one formation and one coverage, and to get as many offensive snaps as possible(that can backfire by going 3 and out in 20 seconds).

raider red 2000
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
It's used at the 4a and 5a levels quite a bit. The ideas are to keep the defense from changing personel and to keep the defense in one formation and one coverage, and to get as many offensive snaps as possible(that can backfire by going 3 and out in 20 seconds).

many of the our district oppopnents are not very good and they try to run an up tempo pass the ball around offense also. It just gives us more possessions and the scores get ugly.

Bassact
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Liberty Hill has went to a no huddle quick-tempo offense this season and it has been very successful. Usually snapping the ball with 15-20 sec on the clock, when they go to the hurry up and start snapping the ball at the whistle is has been deadly..

Gone Fishing
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
If I was a coach I would probably do it at least half the time. I can't stand to watch a no huddle offense and the kids just standing there waiting for a play to get signaled in. If nothing else you may get 10 or 12 more plays a game.

Hendo
10-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Stephenville has had the hurry up no huddle offense in there bag for well over 10 years now. Nothing new to them.

Sville
10-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Coach Chad Morris installed it when he was at Sville and carried it with him to the collegiate level. The goal behind it is to run as many plays as possible increasing your chance of success. When Coach Morris installed it it increased our offensive plays per game by 19 on average. It also has the added benefit of tiring the defense out and preventing personnel changes. Our current OC runs it on occasion.

Here are the places that I know that run the up tempo offense full time.

Glen Rose
Sulphur Springs
Lake Travis

I know there are others.

Hendo
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Coach Chad Morris installed it when he was at Sville and carried it with him to the collegiate level. The goal behind it is to run as many plays as possible increasing your chance of success. When Coach Morris installed it it increased our offensive plays per game by 19 on average. It also has the added benefit of tiring the defense out and preventing personnel changes. Our current OC runs it on occasion.

Here are the places that I know that run the up tempo offense full time.

Glen Rose
Sulphur Springs
Lake Travis

I know there are others.

It was in Stephenvilles bag of weapons well before Chad Morris. It might not have been used as much in games before he came along but they definately practiced it for as long as I was in highschool starting in 98.

1st and goal
10-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Giddings does it, but often the players are all standing up watching the play get signaled in.

GrTigers6
10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I have officiated several games this year that have used that offense and not just at the varsity level. Jv and junior high. And even some 1 a schools doing it as well. Getting to be very popular