PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Hi-Lites vs Amarillo

Sville
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Sville vs. Amarillo Hi-Lites (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1152.msg7135#msg7135)

BEAST
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
What was the final score of this game?

BEAST

Sville
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
35-14. It tells you within the first 10 sec. of the video, LOL :wave:

BEAST
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
When I tried to watch the video it said there was a problem with vimeo and would not load.

BEAST

hollywood
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
When I tried to watch the video it said there was a problem with vimeo and would not load.

BEAST

Try again brotha... it worked for me.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM

BEAST

make that x2

toddg
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
the more i see T Jones, the more i like him!!

Smitty
10-09-2012, 02:56 PM

BEAST

go to the stephenville site and it will play for you, look under the media tab.

Sville
10-09-2012, 03:24 PM
If yall are trying to watch the video on a work networki, you may have a filter blocking it.

https://vimeo.com/51077520

hollywood
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Dang, Stephenville looks to be unstoppable! :clap:

1971Coogs
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
QB's got a nice accurate arm. S'ville controls the line of scrimmage very well also.

Grahamerica
10-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought the QB's arms were supposed to be too big to throw the ball. Looked pretty good from here.

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I thought the QB's arms were supposed to be too big to throw the ball. Looked pretty good from here.

He had an arm reduction surgery between 7v7 and the start of 2-a-days. He is healing well and you cannot even see the scars. :ack!:

hollywood
10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
So far where I see teams struggling vs Stephenville is trying to key on QB Jones. With the option, play action, his ability to throw the ball very well, having 3-4 great targets down field AND his abililty to run the ball, it's just about unstoppable. Why? A lot of that success is due to the execution of the O-line. The battle in the trenches is being won by Stephenville. This is the area when going into the season, Stephenville had some uncertainty. They knew they had potential and so far have risen to the challenge and might even be better than last years O-line who were senior heavy. Defensively, Stephenville dominates the line of scrimmage as well. Big, strong, quick and tackle pretty well. Read the flow of the game and stay true to their assignments. This allows the LB's and secondary to fly to the ball.

Stephenville is the team to beat this year in 3A. Good luck to all others as we all know there are other very strong teams around the state. Looking forward to what the playoffs have to offer!

Deuce
10-10-2012, 11:13 AM
So far where I see teams struggling vs Stephenville is trying to key on QB Jones. With the option, play action, his ability to throw the ball very well, having 3-4 great targets down field AND his abililty to run the ball, it's just about unstoppable. Why? A lot of that success is due to the execution of the O-line. The battle in the trenches is being won by Stephenville. This is the area when going into the season, Stephenville had some uncertainty. They knew they had potential and so far have risen to the challenge and might even be better than last years O-line who were senior heavy. Defensively, Stephenville dominates the line of scrimmage as well. Big, strong, quick and tackle pretty well. Read the flow of the game and stay true to their assignments. This allows the LB's and secondary to fly to the ball.

Stephenville is the team to beat this year in 3A. Good luck to all others as we all know there are other very strong teams around the state. Looking forward to what the playoffs have to offer!

Wow, Stephenville sounds almost as good as all those Brownwood teams you used to so highly tout. Haha. Couldn't resist!!

Grahamerica
10-10-2012, 11:20 AM

Every team is the team to beat until they get beat.

hollywood
10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Every team is the team to beat until they get beat.

Would you have considered Graham a team to beat before they got beat?

Grahamerica
10-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Would you have considered Graham a team to beat before they got beat?

Of course, that's why they play.

rb585
10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Loved the screen pass at 1:58.

Is it me, or does Amarillo look really small for a high-enrollment 4A team?

Purple Rain
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM

I was thinking the same thing

hollywood
10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing

As you know.. size alone doesn't mean jack. Fairfield was HUGE up front and Glen Rose isn't small. Fairfield's O-line made Glen Rose's D-line look like a JV last week, size wise. But didn't play like it. ;)

It's really relative. Could it be that Stephenville is a just massive? ;)

hollywood
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow, Stephenville sounds almost as good as all those Brownwood teams you used to so highly tout. Haha. Couldn't resist!!

And deservingly so Deuce. Agree? ;) If Graham was, they'd be deserving too! :p