PDA

View Full Version : how did the scrimmages go for everyone?

theyoefnshow
08-15-2003, 11:55 PM
I've checked all message boards that I know of and have yet to see anything....or am I just not looking in the right spot? Anyone??

espn1
08-16-2003, 12:04 AM
ALl of the scrimages that I know of take place in the morning.

Bandera YaYa
08-16-2003, 12:07 AM
...yep, you are just a little ahead of yourself!! There will be plenty to talk about tonite!! Ya Ya!!

theyoefnshow
08-16-2003, 12:24 AM
whoops. my bad. haven't been to a scrimmage since I played my last one my sr year several years ago. :)

smustangs
08-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Sweetwater and Brady just finished up little over an hour ago and Sweetwater beat Brady 4-1

exbccards76'smom
08-16-2003, 03:47 PM
When I left, Bridge City and Cleveland were tied 2 to 2. Bridge City causing lots of Cleveland turnovers.

Burnet Dawg06
08-16-2003, 06:25 PM
How did Burnet do in their scrimmage agnist Fredricksberg?

clydewr35
08-16-2003, 06:27 PM
we (clyde) played very good even though we were missing a few key players due to injury our defence did not allow anyone to score and caused 6 turn overs 2 would have been for TDS had they allowed us to return them. on offence we scored 1 against Breck. and 2 on Bangs.

Gilmer Buckeye
08-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Gilmer scored five or six times against Chapel Hill tonight at Chapel Hill, including on its first four possessions. Our offense was just about unstoppable. It could only stop itself. Chapel Hill finally got in one score at the last. Most of the time the Bulldogs were stymied by the Black Flag defense.

I don't know if it's that we're just awesome this season or Chapel Hill is hapless. I knew we would beat them, but I didn't think it would look so effortless.

QB Derek McKenzie had a near-flawless performance, passing and running. He has taken charge and is obviously the leader of the team.

We have a couple of new running backs besides Andrew Hines. Hines looked good and scored at least once on about a 30-yard run. Chris Thomas, who was with Tatum last season, had a good first performance for the Buckeyes. He appears to be every bit as fast as Hines. There was some other big running back in there for us I'm not familiar with who was great as well.

Manuel Johnson played well both at wideout and as backup QB.

I really felt sorry for Chapel Hill tonight.

We should know if this was a "for real" performance by whether we can replicate it at Buckeye Stadium Thursday night against Spring Hill.

intocable_cowboy
08-17-2003, 04:04 AM
The scrimmage for Cotulla against Jourdanton went pretty good from what I hear, although I wasn't there. Hopefully I can see Cotulla at their next scrimmage before the first game against Blanco. GO COWBOYS GO!