PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 6 GotW: Gilmer(5-1) Vs. Henderson(3-2)

Yoe_09
10-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Gilmer(5-1)
W 31-17 over Atlanta
L 42-12 to Plano Prestonwood Christian
W 34-33 over Jacksonville
W 43-14 over Daingerfield
W 21-13 over Gladewater
W 50-28 over Tyler Chapel Hill

Vs.

Henderson(3-2)
L 56-21 to Plano Prestonwood Christian
W 26-14 over Nacogdoches
L 21-20 to Hallsville
W 37-13 over Jacksonville
W 24-6 over Tyler Chapel Hill

Thoughts & Predictions?

regaleagle
10-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Where's all the Gilmerites and Lion posters for this one??? Must be a serious situation of great uncertainty this week, huh? Somebody's gonna get bit and go home crying, and it ain't gonna be Argyle cuz we're off this week.

83Indian
10-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Henderson pulls this one out 21 - 20.

buckeyebob
10-09-2012, 05:07 AM
The Buckeyes don't talk smack so there is not much to say.
I say that the District Champ comes out of this one...Kilgore is not the real deal & if they are, will go Div 1. The Bux have Hennason's number.

garciap77
10-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Gilmer by 28!

regaleagle
10-09-2012, 07:36 AM
The Buckeyes don't talk smack so there is not much to say.
I say that the District Champ comes out of this one...Kilgore is not the real deal & if they are, will go Div 1. The Bux have Hennason's number.

So which number(s) specifically do y'all have anyway???

waterboy
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
The Buckeyes have beaten Henderson the last two seasons, even the year they won their state championship. This year, however, is a toss-up, but that's not any different than the last two meetings. This game is a toss-up. The Buckeyes are finding ways to win games, however, and I expect them to find a way to win this one. I wouldn't be surprised by the outcome of this game, unless it's a blowout by either team. The Buckeyes are different this year than the teams of the past in that they haven't been as fluid on offense, inconsistent, if you will. They are most definitely a second half team, and have had to come from behind in the last four games to win. For once I'd love to see them put some serious points on the board in the first half. If this Buckeye team can put FOUR quarters together both offensively and defensively for the rest of the season, I see no reason why they can't win this district, and be a serious contender in the playoffs. The only prediction I'm making is that the Buckeyes will find a way to win.

Lion70
10-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Gilmer 5-1 2-0 plays Henderson 3-2 1-0 @ Longview Lobos statium Sat.
This game is the KYKX Big game of the week.

Gilmer is coming off a big win against Chapel hill 50-28 and the Lions had a bye.

Common opponents Chapel hill 50-28 W and for Henderson a 24-6 win
4A jacksonville Gilmer won 34-33 W and for Henderson a 37-13 win
Private Plano prestenwood beat Gilmer 42-14 and beat Henderson 52-21.

Gilmer has a 2 game winning streak over Henderson and leads the series 10-2-2.

oldtownag
10-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Henderson 34 - Gilmer 21

Buckeyes don't get to rally this time.

lostaussie
10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Gilmer has a 2 game winning streak over Henderson and leads the series 10-2-2.Don't forget that 101-0 drubbing in 1928. I mean that's got to really sting in the ole history books:D

buckeyebob
10-09-2012, 01:43 PM
You said the same thing last year when we smacked 'ya...Oh well, no respect

Roughneck93
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Buckeyes by 3.

bobcat1
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
35-13 Glimer in a walk away

Lion70
10-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Henderson by 7

regaleagle
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I think Henderson had their bye week last week, while Gilmer was playing Chapel Hill. For Henderson, this is probably a plus. It's probably also a plus for Gilmer that they didn't have their bye week yet, but played last week again. The way Gilmer's bye week is scheduled this year should work in their favor with this young team. And now they are more ready now to meet Henderson than they would have been had they been on their bye week last week, too. JMO, but I think it helps them. That's why I see this game as a virtual "toss-up".....very close at the end. Whether one team gets on top early or not, I'm thinking the other will close the gap and make it a late 4th quarter game to watch, maybe a late stop or turnover deciding the outcome. I'm giving the nod this week to Henderson, only because they are catching this young Gilmer team in Week 6 instead of 8, 9, or 10. I just think Gilmer has more room for improvement than does Henderson.....and will eventually be the best team in 16-3a by the end of the regular season. But maybe not by this week. I guess we'll see how far they've come by Saturday nite at 11 pm. And then there's always the chance that Henderson ends up being the best team in this district. And then there's Kilgore to contend with. They haven't lost yet, and they could end up with the best team in 16-3A. Who really knows? None of us.

waterboy
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
All true, regaleagle. This district is up for grabs, and every game is important. Not only is there Gilmer, Henderson, and Kilgore to contend with, but Bullard might be good enough to upend one of the top three and grab a playoff spot. Like I've said before, though, this Gilmer team knows how to win, and IF they can get some consistency going offensively, look out. If it is a close game, which in all likelihood will be, I like the Buckeyes' chances. If the Buckeyes get on a roll offensively, I don't think there's many defenses out there that can stop them. They just haven't proven they can put FOUR QUARTERS together yet, and I do emphasize yet. This game is a toss-up, in my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised either way, but Gilmer seems to have Henderson's number. I hope they continue that trend.

cowboyandchrist
10-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Henderson will be to much this year for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes made come backs against teams that are not very good. If they get behind Henderson, there will be no come back. Gilmer will have to keep it close or get out front to win this game. I believe Kilgore wins this district with Henderson and Gilmer taking the other two playoff spots. This district is still a very tuff distict and all three district playoff teams will be hard to beat.

lostaussie
10-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Henderson will be to much this year for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes made come backs against teams that are not very good. If they get behind Henderson, there will be no come back. Gilmer will have to keep it close or get out front to win this game. I believe Kilgore wins this district with Henderson and Gilmer taking the other two playoff spots. This district is still a very tuff distict and all three district playoff teams will be hard to beat.Kilgore going to finish 3RD. Mark it down:thumbsup:

outlaw
10-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Henderson by 7

buff4ever
10-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I like Gilmer in this one with some breathing room.

12thMan
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
From looking at the games already played, Henderson has the better defense. I've seen Henderson play this year, and they have gotten better each game. The team that sets the tone on defense wins. If Henderson gets ahead early, it will be hard for Gilmer to catch up. This will be a close game...no blow outs here...I hope.

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Gilmer all the way! gilmer has been a constant force in the playoffs every year so i know they are well coached and have talent. and henderson i dont think is as good as they were last year or the year before.

movethechain
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
The live game broadcast can be found at:

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com THEN click the "Media" button, Then click "Live Game Broadcast".

Game starts at 7:00pm

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
3:40 left in the 1st Quarter:

Gilmer - 14
Henderson - 0

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 07:29 PM
End of 1st:

Gilmer - 14
Henderson - 0

Henderson ball, 3rd and goal from the 19.

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Henderson 29 yard field goal.

Gilmer - 14
Henderson - 3

11:17 2nd Q

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM
TD Buckeyes! Kris Boyd 10 yard run.

Gilmer - 21
Henderson - 3

8:06 2nd Q

83Indian
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Whats up Henderson. Gilmer really has yalls number huh!

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Henderson TD. Patrick Brown with a 55+ yard run.

Gilmer - 21
Henderson - 10

1:30 2nd Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Whats up Henderson. Gilmer really has yalls number huh!

Still a lot of game to be played. A lot can still happen, and probably will.

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Halftime:

Gilmer Buckeyes - 21
Henderson Lions - 10

Gilmer gets the 2nd half kickoff.

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 08:42 PM
2nd half underway ... Got a little bit of rain also ...

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
TD Henderson.

Gilmer - 21
Henderson - 17

7:54 3rd Q

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
En of the 3rd:

Gilmer - 21
Henderson - 17

Henderson ball on the Gilmer 17, 3rd and 7.

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:22 PM
TD Buckeyes! Josh Walker with a BEAST run of 24 yards.

Gilmer - 28
Henderson - 17

7:04 4th Q

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Henderson 25 yard field goal.

Gilmer - 28
Henderson - 20

4:20 4th Q

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
TD Henderson. 1 yard run.

Gilmer - 28
Henderson - 26

Try for 2 ...

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:47 PM
2-point conversion is good but offensive penalty for illegal formation, I think.

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Second attempt, this time from the 7 yard line is no good!

Gilmer - 28
Henderson - 26

1:06 4th Q

Obviously an onside is coming. Henderson has 0 time outs.

83Indian
10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
2-point conversion is good but offensive penalty for illegal formation, I think.

You guys will never hear the end of this. Two td's and a two point conversion called back. I bet smoaky is blowing up!

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Onside kick goes out of bounds. Gilmer ball at the Henderson 42 after a penalty.

Gilmer kneeling out the clock ...

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
You guys will never hear the end of this. Two td's and a two point conversion called back. I bet smoaky is blowing up!

Could have been a ton of holding calls also on Henderson also.

Could have been a lot more called on both sides. It is what it is tho.

Great game played by both teams.

83Indian
10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Could have been a ton of holding calls also on Henderson also.

Could have been a lot more called on both sides. It is what it is tho.

Great game played by both teams.

Well I was right, smoaky is blowing up. That thread will be going on for weeks.

Congrats on a big win. Gilmer just has a way of winning in arguably the toughest district in the state next to Stephenville, Alvarado, and Glen Rose:cheerl:

poisoned10
10-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Well I was right, smoaky is blowing up. That thread will be going on for weeks.

Congrats on a big win. Gilmer just has a way of winning in arguably the toughest district in the state next to Stephenville, Alvarado, and Glen Rose:cheerl:

Since Jeff took over in 2000, Gilmer is 55-4 in district games. He went 2-3 his 1st year in Gilmer and is 53-1 since then.

83Indian
10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Since Jeff took over in 2000, Gilmer is 55-4 in district games. He went 2-3 his 1st year in Gilmer and is 53-1 since then.

That is an impressive record. Sure does help having a great coach and program!

regaleagle
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
There will be alot of talk about the calls made, the mistakes Henderson continues to make, and how Gilmer benefitted. The bottom line is a win for Gilmer in district against one of the teams they needed to beat. Henderson can't say they didn't have their chances, because they had numerous opportunities. Gilmer seems to play a more disciplined brand of football than does Henderson, and lots of football games are won that way each week all over the state. Yes, Henderson showed they have a competitive team that COULD HAVE, and maybe even SHOULD HAVE won this game, but they didn't for one reason or another. That's just the way it is in football....and that's why the game is so popular. There's always next week. And room for improvement.

83Indian
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
There will be alot of talk about the calls made, the mistakes Henderson continues to make, and how Gilmer benefitted. The bottom line is a win for Gilmer in district against one of the teams they needed to beat. Henderson can't say they didn't have their chances, because they had numerous opportunities. Gilmer seems to play a more disciplined brand of football than does Henderson, and lots of football games are won that way each week all over the state. Yes, Henderson showed they have a competitive team that COULD HAVE, and maybe even SHOULD HAVE won this game, but they didn't for one reason or another. That's just the way it is in football....and that's why the game is so popular. There's always next week. And room for improvement.

I listened to the game and agree Henderson looks loaded with talent again and will probably make another run in the playoffs but appears to be struggling with just lining up. Without being there its hard to say about the called back tds and extra points. I would say though, a game that competitive down to the wire to be decided by an illegal formation on the 2pt conversion is a tough pill to swallow. Now the replay may show clearly only six men on the line. But I sure hope it was clear an obvious. I'm sure any team would feel this way. It was a great game.

oldtownag
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I listened to the game and agree Henderson looks loaded with talent again and will probably make another run in the playoffs but appears to be struggling with just lining up. Without being there its hard to say about the called back tds and extra points. I would say though, a game that competitive down to the wire to be decided by an illegal formation on the 2pt conversion is a tough pill to swallow. Now the replay may show clearly only six men on the line. But I sure hope it was clear an obvious. I'm sure any team would feel this way. It was a great game.

No question that Gilmer has superior coaching compared to Henderson. Henderson has a good coaching but Carthage and Gilmer have dominated them recently due to superior coaching.

waterboy
10-15-2012, 07:38 AM
It WAS obvious that Henderson had six players on the line of scrimmage on all three of those penalties. That's a discipline that goes back to coaching. By the way, all the complaining about the "calls" that cost Henderson the game wouldn't have even come into play had the referees called the obvious holding call on the 4th and 15 (I believe) on the Lion's last drive. A Lion player grabbed the jersey of a Gilmer player and turned him around while Patrick Brown cut back for the first down run. To be honest, it seems the refereeing this year is letting more holding calls go than usual. It is what it is. If the referees are missing them, you still have to do what you do to win. I knew this game was going to be close, but after the first half, I was beginning to doubt that it would stay close. It was a tale of two halves, Gilmer dominated the first half, and Henderson was better in the second half---quite a contrast from what we've seen thus far from the Buckeyes, who are usually a second half team.

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Technology is proceeding so rapidly that I wonder why the human factor cannot just be eliminated in ALL games. Computers and drones are monitoring and watching over everything else in society. Automated officiating could probably eventually be done even more cheaply than what they pay high school officials.

Automation is replacing so many jobs that the larger society is eventually going to have to decide what to do with all the people who can't EVER find work which pays enough to support them, much less them and a family. "Soylent Green" was one cinematic idea from my youth. That solution is more likely, IMO, than providing for the destitute, given the cruelty of this culture.

Actually, though, it would be far less cruel on the humans who were roundly booed by the Henderson crowd after that game. It's just not going to be the same to be having to boo at a drone hovering over the playing field. A few may try to shoot them down, though.

lostaussie
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Technology is proceeding so rapidly that I wonder why the human factor cannot just be eliminated in ALL games. Computers and drones are monitoring and watching over everything else in society. Automated officiating could probably eventually be done even more cheaply than what they pay high school officials.

Automation is replacing so many jobs that the larger society is eventually going to have to decide what to do with all the people who can't EVER find work which pays enough to support them, much less them and a family. "Soylent Green" was one cinematic idea from my youth. That solution is more likely, IMO, than providing for the destitute, given the cruelty of this culture.

Actually, though, it would be far less cruel on the humans who were roundly booed by the Henderson crowd after that game. It's just not going to be the same to be having to boo at a drone hovering over the playing field. A few may try to shoot them down, though.:vrycnfsd:

waterboy
10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
:vrycnfsd:

+1 What the...? Drones? Good Lord!

waterboy
10-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I can't even get on smoaky to argue with them. That stinks. I guess the smoaky website is down thanks to all the Lion fans complaining. Can you get on their website?

movethechain
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I can't even get on smoaky to argue with them. That stinks. I guess the smoaky website is down thanks to all the Lion fans complaining. Can you get on their website?

Smoaky is down for me as well. I think all the complaining from Chapel Hill and Henderson overloaded the server and it probably imploded. Things got so bad over the weekend that David even interjected himself into one of the threads to halt one poster ... don't see that very often.

MGAR
10-15-2012, 11:01 AM
I find it much entertaining.

waterboy
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Smoaky is down for me as well. I think all the complaining from Chapel Hill and Henderson overloaded the server and it probably imploded. Things got so bad over the weekend that David even interjected himself into one of the threads to halt one poster ... don't see that very often.
Really? The Henderson folks were definitely mad, but the calls that went against them were legit. Like I said before, it shouldn't have even come down to a two-point conversion try to start with. There was obvious holding on two successive plays against Henderson on their last series that wouldn't killed their drive, that if called it wouldn't have come down to the wire like it did. When a player grabs a jersey from the back of a player preventing them from making a play in the backfield, that IS holding, isn't it? Or am I missing something? Chapel Hill and Henderson have only themselves to blame in their losses. They shot themselves in the foot, it wasn't the referees that cost them the games. The better team won, and that's that.

buckeyebob
10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Really? The Henderson folks were definitely mad, but the calls that went against them were legit. Like I said before, it shouldn't have even come down to a two-point conversion try to start with. There was obvious holding on two successive plays against Henderson on their last series that wouldn't killed their drive, that if called it wouldn't have come down to the wire like it did. When a player grabs a jersey from the back of a player preventing them from making a play in the backfield, that IS holding, isn't it? Or am I missing something? Chapel Hill and Henderson have only themselves to blame in their losses. They shot themselves in the foot, it wasn't the referees that cost them the games. The better team won, and that's that.

Thank you!

waterboy
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you!

Can you get on smoaky, buckeyebob? It's been down all day for me. I don't even get on a computer on weekends, except to do video work, so I don't know what was said. Funny that those two teams never mention the holding calls that should've been made on their big plays...........hmmmm...... It was blatantly obvious, too. Everybody in the stands saw it, but the referees didn't see it, or just didn't call it. That's the way football go sometimes......:doh:

lostaussie
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Really? The Henderson folks were definitely mad, but the calls that went against them were legit. Like I said before, it shouldn't have even come down to a two-point conversion try to start with. There was obvious holding on two successive plays against Henderson on their last series that wouldn't killed their drive, that if called it wouldn't have come down to the wire like it did. When a player grabs a jersey from the back of a player preventing them from making a play in the backfield, that IS holding, isn't it? Or am I missing something? Chapel Hill and Henderson have only themselves to blame in their losses. They shot themselves in the foot, it wasn't the referees that cost them the games. The better team won, and that's that.Can I get an AMEN!! crying whiney arses over there:D

83Indian
10-15-2012, 06:11 PM
It WAS obvious that Henderson had six players on the line of scrimmage on all three of those penalties. That's a discipline that goes back to coaching. By the way, all the complaining about the "calls" that cost Henderson the game wouldn't have even come into play had the referees called the obvious holding call on the 4th and 15 (I believe) on the Lion's last drive. A Lion player grabbed the jersey of a Gilmer player and turned him around while Patrick Brown cut back for the first down run. To be honest, it seems the refereeing this year is letting more holding calls go than usual. It is what it is. If the referees are missing them, you still have to do what you do to win. I knew this game was going to be close, but after the first half, I was beginning to doubt that it would stay close. It was a tale of two halves, Gilmer dominated the first half, and Henderson was better in the second half---quite a contrast from what we've seen thus far from the Buckeyes, who are usually a second half team.

I hear ya. In almost every game there are some missed calls. Believe me I'm not here to defend Henderson, and I can understand a hold or false start etc.. It's the mickey mouse calls at the end of the game I wish the refs would consider holding the flag. And if Henderson was lining up incorrectly all night, then that is their bad.

buckeyebob
10-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Can you get on smoaky, buckeyebob? It's been down all day for me. I don't even get on a computer on weekends, except to do video work, so I don't know what was said. Funny that those two teams never mention the holding calls that should've been made on their big plays...........hmmmm...... It was blatantly obvious, too. Everybody in the stands saw it, but the referees didn't see it, or just didn't call it. That's the way football go sometimes......:doh:

Sorry...replied & left...did not see your request 'til this AM...yes, it is back up...the venom is leaking out the side.

83Indian
10-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Sorry...replied & left...did not see your request 'til this AM...yes, it is back up...the venom is leaking out the side.

I have not been able to access since last weekend

buckeyebob
10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
I say the Henderson Bunch have burnt it down or I have been banned for good...too bad, so sad!

waterboy
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I say the Henderson Bunch have burnt it down or I have been banned for good...too bad, so sad!

I e-mailed David Smoak and was told that he had to change servers again. He said it should be back up sometime this week, but he wasn't sure when.

regaleagle
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Well since I am not very computer-savvy, I just thought something happened and I personally didn''t know how to get it back on line with my computer. I still can't access Smoaky today, and now I know why. Was wondering what the deal was, and now I know I'm not the lone ranger here. Any suggestions to get it back since you say it is now accessible.....it's not on my computer.

Aggie98
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Well since I am not very computer-savvy, I just thought something happened and I personally didn''t know how to get it back on line with my computer. I still can't access Smoaky today, and now I know why. Was wondering what the deal was, and now I know I'm not the lone ranger here. Any suggestions to get it back since you say it is now accessible.....it's not on my computer.

It's still down. Smoak's latest tweet said it should be back up by the end of the day today.

waterboy
10-17-2012, 04:19 PM
It's still down. Smoak's latest tweet said it should be back up by the end of the day today.

I'm still hoping the last game of the regular season boils down to Gilmer and Kilgore for the district title. Everything is looking like it so far. Of course, Kilgore still has to play Henderson, Chapel Hill, and Gladewater, while Gilmer still has Spring Hill and Bullard, but if both teams take care of business it looks like that game could be for the title.

Aggie98
10-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm still hoping the last game of the regular season boils down to Gilmer and Kilgore for the district title. Everything is looking like it so far. Of course, Kilgore still has to play Henderson, Chapel Hill, and Gladewater, while Gilmer still has Spring Hill and Bullard, but if both teams take care of business it looks like that game could be for the title.

Me too. Kilgore still has a tough hill to climb to get there. Gladewater and Chapel Hill can both be pretty good football teams when they don't shoot themselves in the foot. You know Henderson's going to give us all they've got. We should come out of that stretch without a loss, but you never know til you play the game. You guys shouldn't have any trouble with Spring Hill, but if you let Bullard hang around long enough they could bite you.

83Indian
10-18-2012, 12:10 AM

I think your right. The Henderson Gilmer thread took down the entire site. Smoak may have to restore back prior to last Saturday for it to ever come back up.

buckeyebob
10-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Still not up

buckeyebob
10-18-2012, 06:00 AM
He lied...Yamboree interference

buckeyebob
10-18-2012, 06:02 AM

My prediction was that the District Champ would come out of the Gilmer / Henderson game...I do not think the Kilgore game will be close.