PDA

View Full Version : j_dog, I appologize...

Gobbla2001
06-28-2002, 12:23 AM
My bad, the same season you guys lost to Bay City 35-7, '3A' La Grange 'who didn't even win state' lost to Bay City (Which beat Jasper 35-7) 9-0...

Stats:

La Grange vs. Bay City (La Grange on left, BC on right)

First Downs 7 --- 11
Rushes - Yards 38 - 78 --- 23 - 83
Comp-Att-Int 2 - 7 - 1 --- 10 - 21 - 0
Passing yards 86 --- 89
Punts-avg. 5 - 30.4 --- 2 - 46.0
Fumbles-lost 5 - 3 --- 4 - 3
Penalties-yards 4 - 40 --- 9 - 65

Pretty even stats there, not bad for a sucky gunna get butts kicked by Jasper in '02 3A team...

So, if you can prove to me that Jasper had better stats than La Grange had against BC in your 35-7 loss to the Blackcats, I'll shut up...

j_dog
07-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001:
My bad, the same season you guys lost to Bay City 35-7, '3A' La Grange 'who didn't even win state' lost to Bay City (Which beat Jasper 35-7) 9-0...

Stats:

La Grange vs. Bay City (La Grange on left, BC on right)

First Downs 7 --- 11
Rushes - Yards 38 - 78 --- 23 - 83
Comp-Att-Int 2 - 7 - 1 --- 10 - 21 - 0
Passing yards 86 --- 89
Punts-avg. 5 - 30.4 --- 2 - 46.0
Fumbles-lost 5 - 3 --- 4 - 3
Penalties-yards 4 - 40 --- 9 - 65

Pretty even stats there, not bad for a sucky gunna get butts kicked by Jasper in '02 3A team...

So, if you can prove to me that Jasper had better stats than La Grange had against BC in your 35-7 loss to the Blackcats, I'll shut up...

That was an apology? Gosh, I didn't recognize it. Okay, I accept the apology.

Gobbla, sorry about your IQ. I love this board and the good job the administrators are doing, but I see I will have to be careful what I post from now on. But on the bright side, if the old IQ goes low enough, they can’t execute you now. I just threw those comparisons out to see who would jump on them. You made my point very well. Comparing scores and point totals don’t mean squat. Yet, I have seen so very much of that on this board. Check the archives. Back in April, some of you guys did a pretty good job trashing Jasper AND Div III in general by selectively comparing scores. Hey, fair is fair. If you are going to use some of the scores and comparisons, use them all.
For example, in April it was pointed out that Waller was a “weak” team, struggled with 3a Diboll. There was no mention that Waller apparently played pretty well against the Bay City team that you mentioned. Only lost to them by 18-28. Ten points is almost as close as the nine you rhapsodized about. Yet Jasper varsity beat Waller by 61-2, 68-23 after counting the trash points after the Jasper reserves went in. Oh, neither was it mentioned that the week after being physically whipped by Jasper (per interview later with the WO-S coach, WO-S came within 3 points of that same Bay City team, 14-17. Yes, Jasper gave up 48 points to Beaumont Ozen. Jasper scored 49 points to win district. Consequences: the Ozen coach was “reassigned” and Ozen hired the Jasper coach to replace him. It appears that to Ozen administration winning the game was what mattered, not stats. No, all this point talk, and comparisons don’t mean squat. Thank you for making the point so eloquently for me, for Old Cardinal and for all Region III fans.

Sinton fans, Everman fans, and whomever, Jasper fans don’t think 3a is going to be a pushover and I certainly don’t think Jasper players think so. We don’t for a minute think anyone is going to faint dead away when they see Jasper’s Dallas Cowboy size lines. (Sorry, just had to throw in the WO-S announcer’s description). We have to prove it on the playing field. And that is where the fun will be. Actually, it is looking like 3a is going to have some good match-ups. If Jasper is fortunate enough to get out of district, I am hoping for a region III match-up with Bridge City. If Jasper can get by that challenge, yes, I am hoping for a meeting with Sinton. I know people who have friends associated with your program and I hear that it is a very good program. And then, if Jasper can get by Sinton, maybe I will get to see my dream match, Jasper vs. Everman. Duckbutter, I could not agree more. Teams can and will score points on Jasper, but scoring MORE points than Jasper proved to be very difficult for all teams last year except for Bay City. And yes, most of the players responsible for that offensive production are returning. All the backfield, most of the offensive line (especially the guy widely recognized as the best OL in Texas for all classes), and at least one of the receivers.

For Div II, it may be a long shot, but I have to pull for Newton to make it all the way.

Good luck to everyone’s team. It should be an interesting season.