PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport @ Krum

Bullaholic
10-08-2012, 04:21 PM
The Bulls travel to Krum to play those surprising Bobcats who are coming off a 64-0 thumping of Burk. I think the Bulls can win this one if we are 100% healthy---but it will be a tall order if #3 is not ready to go. Bulls by 7. Go Bulls!

Grahamerica
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
I would like to see the Bulls come back and do a little thumping of their own.

Bullaholic
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I would like to see the Bulls come back and do a little thumping of their own.

Well, we put a couple of knots on a couple teams, but mostly just "tickled" some of the good teams....but thanks for the sentiment Grahamerica.

Inmateboss
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Talk about flying under the Radar, Krum is looking to be a potent adversary for sure!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

regaleagle
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
They have won every game they have played, allbeit against lesser competition. All you can do is play the teams on the schedule. Since this is their first year playing in a district in football, scheduling the teams they did is perfectly understandable. Does not mean those boyz can't play football, though. Obviously, they can. Just how good are they is the question. Krum is a perennial basketball power, so they do have athletes. And they are a suburb of Denton, so maybe some pretty good athletes. I think 9-3A will have their hands full with this team. HELLO KRUM. And I don't see them getting anything but better. Lookout Gainesville, Decatur, and Bridgeport. Krum came to play some football this season. And then you have to turn around and play them in basketball too. :ack!:

Eagle11
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
This is going to be the first test of many to come for Krum. Bridgeport has always gotten better as the season goes on. They have some good size and if Gabe is back he will be the best player that Krum has seen all year. Good luck to all in district and i hope that injuries are few and fare between.

Matthew328
10-09-2012, 07:15 AM
I know Burk is way down, but beating them 64-0 certainly caught my attention

NastySlot
10-09-2012, 11:13 AM

me too that score really got my attention last friday night.

Grahamerica
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Hirschi is picked to beat Burk, that's how down they are.

5wide
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
The Bulls travel to Krum to play those surprising Bobcats who are coming off a 64-0 thumping of Burk. I think the Bulls can win this one if we are 100% healthy---but it will be a tall order if #3 is not ready to go. Bulls by 7. Go Bulls!

I don't think Bridgeport has a chance in this game. With or without the RB. Krum will score all night long. I predict the district will finish with Gainsville, Decatur and Krum advancing.

Bullaholic
10-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think Bridgeport has a chance in this game. With or without the RB. Krum will score all night long. I predict the district will finish with Gainsville, Decatur and Krum advancing.

Well, you got 2 out of 3 right, 5wide....

BullBoy
10-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I predict the district will finish with Gainsville, Bridgeport and Krum advancing.

I agree with this updated comment by 5wide.

5wide
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree with this updated comment by 5wide.

Honestly, without your RB and the transfer of your QB (which I now understand why he left)..is this not the worst Bulls team yall have had in a long time?

Eagle11
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
i know that 64 is a lot but most teams could have scored 100. we gave up 13 when we put in our third team. the starters didnt play after the beginning of the third quarter. Krums biggest problem is going to be thr depth. they have 31 players on the team and play with out 16 of them. when its a close game this is going to make a big deal.

Eagle11
10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I think many will be surprised tonight by the outcome. i know they are down but dont count the bulls out so soon!

Bullaholic
10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I think many will be surprised tonight by the outcome. i know they are down but dont count the bulls out so soon!

You may get tarred and feathered, Eagle11 :D. The Bulls and the Eagles are kinda in the same boat this season. Thanks for the confidence. Can't wait for THE game of the season.

Eagle11
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
We need to make sure we show what Wise county is made of. We cant let the new comers take over. This is the week to find out who is a pretender and a contender. Let role BIG SANDY

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
The Bulls are going to stampede all over those Bobcats! Bridgeport gets the W tonight, it's district now so every game counts from here on out! GO BULLS! I'll be there tonight supporting the team.

Farmersfan
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM
My Farmers played Krum back in the second week of the season when the Farmers were actually playing fairly good ball. Krum won the game but the Farmers had a pass dropped in the endzone with 5 seconds left in the game to miss a 2 point conversion to tie up the game. Krum won by 2 points. I wasn't overly impressed with Krum except that they seemed to be big. Big and slow was the impression i got. But in the end they did win. But based on the common opponent of Burkburnett it seems Krum should win this game hands down. Stay safe everyone!

Krumdad
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Don't underestimate the Boncats. Granted the teams they have been playing and beating have only been 2a, the way they played and out scored them speaks volumes of the talent and drive this team has. These boys have grown up winning in basketball and baseball and I don't think football is going to be any different. Should be a good, close game but I think Krum is going to get the win.

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
This game tonite should have a playoff atmosphere about it for the fans from both teams. Since it's in Krum, and they are hosting their first-ever district opponent in football, AND they are undefeated, even the Bridgeport fans will be showing up for this one all excited. I'm sure the Denton Record Chronicle will have coverage on this one tonite for sure.

Eagle11
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
we will see. Hirshi is great in Basketball but that has never had anything to do with football. no one is underestimating the Bobcat just waiting to see how it all plays out

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Just got to the stadium, pretty nice place.

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
8:47, 1st qtr

Bport-7
Krum-0

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
1:49 1st qtr

Bport-7
Krum-7

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
5:52 2nd qtr

Bport-14
Krum-7

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Their qb seems to be their main weapon, he likes to keep the ball Alot. So far they have played undisciplined, krum has commited a bunch of penalties.

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Halftime
Bport-14
Krum-14

Krumdad
10-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Final
Krum 34
Bridgeport 14

Undisciplined? Maybe, but a win is a win. Looking forward to Decatur!

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 10:26 PM
FINAL

Bridgeport- 14
Krum- 34

Gotta give it to them, they're a good team. Fast QB, Fast running back, and a sound D. Congrats to the Bobcats, better luck next time Bulls. Lets win the next 3! GO BULLS!:cheerl:

BullBoy
10-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Final
Krum 34
Bridgeport 14

Undisciplined? Maybe, but a win is a win. Looking forward to Decatur!

I wrote that during the first half and I was referring to yalls defense, yall had penalty after penalty that kept our drives alive. 2nd half yall were better all around. Good luck the rest of the way.

Bullaholic
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Not a good night for the Bulls....they couldn't stop the Krum offense all night and flat out just didn't tackle well. The offense couldn't get in sync and had to unsuccessfully go for it on 4th from the Bulls own 30 and the 50 just to try to keep drives alive and keep the ball away from the Krum offense. The Bulls also lost a fumble on their own 7. All 3 of these turnovers the Bobcats converted to scores.

Krum has a good team with a lot of quickness in the backfield and a good size offensive line. The defense is also pretty quick to the ball. Best of luck to the Bobcats.

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Congrats to the Krum Bobcats on their maiden voyage season and this first district win. Unfortunate for the Bulls in a nightmarish set of circumstances that happened to them to start this season. Looks like Krum did what they needed to do to get this win.