PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Oklahoma

Scoop27
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Can the Longhorns bounce back from the loss to West Virginia.
The defense cannot give up 40 plus points against and expect to win.
They also need to learn how to tackle after missing serveral last Saturday.

Old Tiger
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Can the Longhorns bounce back from the loss to West Virginia.
The defense cannot give up 40 plus points against and expect to win.
They also need to learn how to tackle after missing serveral last Saturday.

I think the Texas defense matches up better against a offensive scheme like Oklahoma than it does OSU or WVU

Macarthur
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Will be interesting to see. I think these teams are really close.

Maroon87
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
The loser here can kiss any Big 12 title aspirations goodbye...

Bullaholic
10-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Back in the day this used to be the biggest, along with UT-aTm, college game of the year in these parts. Nowadays---not so much. Still a great game when both teams are having a good year. The fan bases of both are big, loud, and close-by. This year's edition should be a good game. As always, hope UT wins it---them zero U guys are still ferriners.....

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
11 a.m. kickoff always ruins it. Plus, the Cotton Bowl is over as a venue. This needs to be "home and home" IMO. Sorry, Jerry.

rojosgirl
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
OMG! Play anywhere but Jerry's house! Should be a close game.

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2012, 11:32 AM
11 a.m. kickoff always ruins it. Plus, the Cotton Bowl is over as a venue. This needs to be "home and home" IMO. Sorry, Jerry.

no...really NO...Cotton Bowl has done some really good upgrades and it is still a great place for one game a year...make this home and home and you lose a TON of why this game is considered top 5 rival game in college football

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
no...really NO...Cotton Bowl has done some really good upgrades and it is still a great place for one game a year...make this home and home and you lose a TON of why this game is considered top 5 rival game in college football

I guess the deal with me is that when I was growing up, the bigger rivalry was Texas-Arkansas. They were conference rivals at a time when OU was a nonconference Big Eight game which meant little to me compared to the annual SWC grudge match Texas-Arkansas always was. Texas and Arkansas actually met for a game which decided BOTH the SWC AND the national championship in 1969 in Fayetteville. This OU game only became a rivalry to me when Barry Switzer brought so much color to the Sooners (no pun intended) in the Seventies. Before that, OU was very lackluster and of no national significance. They hadn't been ever since Bud Wilkinson's glory years.

Anyhow, I guess they moved it to 11 a.m. this year because they didn't want to have to compete with the MUCH MORE SIGNIFICANT Gilmer-Henderson game in Longview tomorrow night. :)

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/beano-cook-mastermind-of-texas-arkansas-great-shoo/nSbPr/

Coincidentally, the mastermind of the '69 Shootout just passed away.