PDA

View Full Version : Sealy football

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I have heard so much about the Sealy Tigers and want to come see for myself, so I need some help determining which game to go see. I want to make sure they are at full strength, meaning the phenom RSJ is back along with others starters out. I like going to games that matter and not blowouts plus atmosphere is a big draw, field locations, stadium, seating, PA announcers and concessions
Tell me which games fit this billing

Johnny Utah
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Wait until they have all of their players healthy. I applaud the coaching staff for coaching the current players up and having a chance to win every game. Tough to play without your studs in high school sports.

hookandladder
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I have heard so much about the Sealy Tigers and want to come see for myself, so I need some help determining which game to go see. I want to make sure they are at full strength, meaning the phenom RSJ is back along with others starters out. I like going to games that matter and not blowouts plus atmosphere is a big draw, field locations, stadium, seating, PA announcers and concessions
Tell me which games fit this billing

No doubt Sealy- Bellville game , RSJ should be back and the final playoff spot most likely will be on the line. Pretty sure this game is the last District game for both team, cannot get any better then that.

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
No doubt Sealy- Bellville game , RSJ should be back and the final playoff spot most likely will be on the line. Pretty sure this game is the last District game for both team, cannot get any better then that.

+1. This will be the best atmoshpere of the season for both teams up to that point, assuming things play out like I think they will and nobody slips up.

hookandladder
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
+1. This will be the best atmoshpere of the season for both teams up to that point, assuming things play out like I think they will and nobody slips up.

The only slip up and would really not be one, would be Bellville beating Wharton. This District is a 4 team race for the playoffs, last game could be just like our last game with Smithville . One team may have to win by X amount of points and that sucks.

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 04:03 PM
The only slip up and would really not be one, would be Bellville beating Wharton. This District is a 4 team race for the playoffs, last game could be just like our last game with Smithville . One team may have to win by X amount of points and that sucks.

That would be a slip up for Wharton! Not for the Bulls! Haha. I am assuming that El Campo and Wharton go 1-2, and Sealy and Bellville battle it out for the 3rd spot. I couldnt imagine a better atmosphere. 2 long time bitter rivals, fighting for the last playoff spot, in the last game of the regular season. The unfortunate thing about this whole scenario is one damn good team is going to be sitting at home come playoff time. El Campo, Wharton, Bellville, and Sealy ALL deserve a spot in the playoffs. We just have an extremely competitive district this year. Makes for a fun season!

957tiger
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
El Campo, Wharton, Bellville, and Sealy ALL deserve a spot in the playoffs. We just have an extremely competitive district this year. Makes for a fun season! The Bellville/Sealy game is still 4 weeks away and already building momentum. Will be the game of the year in Region 4

1st and goal
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
The Bellville/Sealy game is still 4 weeks away and already building momentum. Will be the game of the year in Region 4

I think with a healthy RSJ, the Sealy/ El Campo game is the biggie...

Clutch643
10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
If Sealy beats Needville, Columbus, and either El Campo or Bellville; and Wharton loses to the same team that Sealy beats, then the point system comes into play. Wharton took a knee after the final touchdown and did not try the extra point or two point conversion. How much does this come into play?

JUST A FAN
10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
So I gather the best game is going to be the Bellville Vs. Sealy game. Tell me about the venue, is it easy to access, a fun stadium, good concessions and how is the PA announcer and PA system? I believe the game is in Sealy, correct?

hookandladder
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
If Sealy beats Needville, Columbus, and either El Campo or Bellville; and Wharton loses to the same team that Sealy beats, then the point system comes into play. Wharton took a knee after the final touchdown and did not try the extra point or two point conversion. How much does this come into play?

The point system sucks, especially if you are on the losing end. We know.

gambler1606
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
So I gather the best game is going to be the Bellville Vs. Sealy game. Tell me about the venue, is it easy to access, a fun stadium, good concessions and how is the PA announcer and PA system? I believe the game is in Sealy, correct?

When both teams are good it's like a College atmosphere. Parking is good, but you better get there about 6. The restrooms are an easier access from the visitors side, the home crowd has to walk thru the people waiting in the concession line. You can smell the food a mile away. We have people grilling hamburgers and sausage links, so you can imagine what I'm talking about. Our PA announcer is a good guy, but has a few corny sayings when he is announcing the game. Our PA system is great. They play music during pregame, and you can see the players getting in to it. Yes the game is in Sealy!

JUST A FAN
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
This sounds like a game I do not want to miss. I love High school football at its purest form but a venue can ruin the experience with long lines however good food is worth waiting for , just not an entire quarter and an announcer that isn’t a professional tends to be the worst part of the game experience. What type of corny things does he or she say (God I hope it isn’t a she) and is it during the entire game?

trg
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
When both teams are good it's like a College atmosphere. Parking is good, but you better get there about 6. The restrooms are an easier access from the visitors side, the home crowd has to walk thru the people waiting in the concession line. You can smell the food a mile away. We have people grilling hamburgers and sausage links, so you can imagine what I'm talking about. Our PA announcer is a good guy, but has a few corny sayings when he is announcing the game. Our PA system is great. They play music during pregame, and you can see the players getting in to it. Yes the game is in Sealy!

Haha. You can tell you are male. LOL. Cause if you are a female you have to walk through the crowd at the concession stand from the visitors' side to get to the restrooms. LOL

Manso/V8
10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I think with a healthy RSJ, the Sealy/ El Campo game is the biggie...
El Campo will blow out Sealy.

gambler1606
10-10-2012, 07:54 AM
El Campo will blow out Sealy.

Manso, I respect your prediction, but we are focusing on Needville this week.

We are working on getting better at!
1.TACKLING!!
2.OUR DT COACH SUBING HIS DT'S EVERY OTHER PLAY, AND GETTING A SUBTITUTION PENALTY CALLED ON US.
3.FINDING A KICKER WHO CAN KICK THE BALL FURTHER THAN 20YDS.
4.AND FINALLY, NOT GETTING A DELAY OF GAME PENALTY CALLED ON US BEFORE THE KICK-OFF.

We are working on the little things to improve our football team!

Pudlugger
10-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I was at the Wharton Sealy game and witnessed the entire end of game drama from the fence at the Sealy goal line. Many posters have commented on what should have been done and what would have happened if this or that had not been done. Considering the game in toto the Sealy Tigers looked like they were going to win from the second half kick off on. They appeared better disciplined and much better conditioned than Wharton. It was interesting to observe how a team with smaller less athletic players could consistently challenge a team with superior speed and athleticism due to these two factors. Conditioning and discipline are coached into a team. Lessons were learned and I am confident that the Sealy Tigers will come back and compete for a play off spot. It will come down to the 10th game with Bellville, another fine football team. Now I think it is time for Sealy folks to move on and get behind their program. The Tigers will be all right.

TigerForever
10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
"I was at the Wharton Sealy game and witnessed the entire end of game drama from the fence at the Sealy goal line."

I am definitely ready to move on, but I am still curious about "no touchdown" call in the corner. I was in the Sealy stands, and it looked like he got the corner pylon. What was your opinion?

Not that it would have mattered, because if he would have gotten in, I think they would have probably beat us in OT since we were have such a tough time stopping the QB.

StangEm
10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
The Bellville/Sealy game is still 4 weeks away and already building momentum. Will be the game of the year in Region 4

I wonder if there will be any late night artistic displays at the Pasture again this year like there was a few years back.......

Pudlugger
10-10-2012, 12:05 PM
"I was at the Wharton Sealy game and witnessed the entire end of game drama from the fence at the Sealy goal line."

I am definitely ready to move on, but I am still curious about "no touchdown" call in the corner. I was in the Sealy stands, and it looked like he got the corner pylon. What was your opinion?

Not that it would have mattered, because if he would have gotten in, I think they would have probably beat us in OT since we were have such a tough time stopping the QB.

I was on the opposite side of the field but it looked like he got the pylon so unless he stepped out of bounds or his knee was down first it would be a td. A tough call to make from my perspective due to the crown of the field I could not see the turf well only the pylon going down.

JUST A FAN
10-19-2012, 01:39 PM
I have just returned from a surprise fishing trip to the Yukon, Thanks to the spouse for such a great gift. I have arranged to be at the Bellville vs. Sealy game, will it be sold out? Where should I eat before the game and are the broadcasters approachable? I would like to meet them.

gambler1606
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I have just returned from a surprise fishing trip to the Yukon, Thanks to the spouse for such a great gift. I have arranged to be at the Bellville vs. Sealy game, will it be sold out? Where should I eat before the game and are the broadcasters approachable? I would like to meet them.

Like I said before, get there around 6 and you shouldn't have any problems. There is "Tonys" if you want like a home cooked meal, or there is "Hinzes" if you want BBQ. There is also fast food joints. The STSN Broadcasters are up in the booth, so their not under the tent at home games, but they are all nice guys and will talk to anyone.