PDA

View Full Version : TheOldCoach.com Week 6 State Rankings

Matthew328
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1419353

toddg
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
whats the thinking on LaMarque Matt? do you think they will jump up by playoff time..havent heard a lot on them lately.

regaleagle
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Matt, I would put Celina and Liberty Hill above both Argyle and Gilmer. You must remember how Celina lost to Melissa in Week 1. It was ridiculous. Since then, they have only gotten better each week with the spread. I just like the team make-up and the offensive scheme that have now with the players they have. Liberty Hill did everything against Giddings but win. And Giddings got some short fields off turnovers. Since that game, look what Liberty Hill has done. I believe both Celina and Liberty Hill are really good. Not sure about Giddings. Argyle is a Top 15 team right now, and is loaded with Sophs and Jrs. The qb Boyzuick is still improving and our defense is really good. If Ian Sadler doesn't play, we are suddenly a much lesser team. He had only 3 touches against Wylie(a coaching error). Gilmer is young like Argyle and still improving weekly. I think both Argyle and Gilmer have very good defenses. I would give the nod to Argyle's D over Gilmer's, though. Celina could have trouble against Argyle since we know the spread so well. Ian Sadler is indefensible in the open field, takes snaps in the wildcat, is the best return man in 3A hands down, and can play multiple positions. He is also a very good d-back. He is also our punter. He is a soccer star in the metroplex, and it shows.

jdawg2012
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Umm...how is Carthage at #7 with a 4-2 record? Just seems like with 2 losses they'd be a bit lower.

movethechain
10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
What's up with Henderson being left out?

Eagle1
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
What's up with Henderson being left out?

I think they overlooked Henderson. I am sure they could play with or beat anyone from 5-20.

hollywood
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
I think they overlooked Henderson. I am sure they could play with or beat anyone from 5-20.

What's Henderson bringing this season?

cowboyandchrist
10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Umm...how is Carthage at #7 with a 4-2 record? Just seems like with 2 losses they'd be a bit lower.

Check out the history of Carthage the last five years and you will see why they are where they are.

Tx Challenge
10-09-2012, 01:25 AM
LOL Have to pick at Matt. In Canada ranking HS ball in Tx :wave: If you need any info on the Burbank Bulldogs give me a shout! BTW, your rankings look good.

buckeyebob
10-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Cuase they have lots of money and don't mind spending it...graft & corruption run rampant.

Matthew328
10-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Cuase they have lots of money and don't mind spending it...graft & corruption run rampant.

Not overlooking Henderson, they just aren't in....we'll see what they do this week....if they beat Gilmer I'm pretty sure they'll be in...

garciap77
10-09-2012, 07:16 AM
LOL Have to pick at Matt. In Canada ranking HS ball in Tx :wave: If you need any info on the Burbank Bulldogs give me a shout! BTW, your rankings look good.

LOL Someone in Los Angeles LOL @ Someone in Canada ranking HS Ball in TX;)

Matthew328
10-09-2012, 07:36 AM
The crazy thing is I'm able to actually see more games here than I did in Texas

oldtownag
10-09-2012, 11:11 AM

You will find out soon enough.

regaleagle
10-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I suspect Carthage will give every team they play all the football they can handle, LOL. :vrycnfsd:

gatordaze
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Matt, I would put Celina and Liberty Hill above both Argyle and Gilmer. You must remember how Celina lost to Melissa in Week 1. It was ridiculous. Since then, they have only gotten better each week with the spread. I just like the team make-up and the offensive scheme that have now with the players they have. Liberty Hill did everything against Giddings but win. And Giddings got some short fields off turnovers. Since that game, look what Liberty Hill has done. I believe both Celina and Liberty Hill are really good. Not sure about Giddings. Argyle is a Top 15 team right now, and is loaded with Sophs and Jrs. The qb Boyzuick is still improving and our defense is really good. If Ian Sadler doesn't play, we are suddenly a much lesser team. He had only 3 touches against Wylie(a coaching error). Gilmer is young like Argyle and still improving weekly. I think both Argyle and Gilmer have very good defenses. I would give the nod to Argyle's D over Gilmer's, though. Celina could have trouble against Argyle since we know the spread so well. Ian Sadler is indefensible in the open field, takes snaps in the wildcat, is the best return man in 3A hands down, and can play multiple positions. He is also a very good d-back. He is also our punter. He is a soccer star in the metroplex, and it shows.

Not sure Celina is all that reliant on the spread. QB is nursing an ankle and only threw 8 times on Friday. Celina rushed 56 times for 409 yards. Celina has been without their top RB since week 1. He should be back in 2-3 weeks. If the backs will decide to block for each other Celina could have a dominate running game by the time the playoffs come around.

Defense is stout yet struggles with a very fast QB draw.

ctown81
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM

I understand where you are coming from but you will find out soon enough.

On another note, I don't think Center is getting the respect they deserve.

Matthew328
10-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I dont like Center's schedule much....they'll get their chance to prove lots of folks wrong when they play Carthage