PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill (4-1) vs. Llano (2-3)

sandmaster
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Llano is hands down better than they were last year when they played the panthers. It sure looks like the Panthers are the real deal this year. However, you never know what could happen in district play. Llano has played very well at times and no so well at times. Good luck to both teams! Rooting for the Jackets in this one purple is not my color lol.

bulldog82
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Rooting for Llano too. but what has happened to them ? I felt they should have beat Boerne. Has injuries been a factor or what ?

Mojo84
10-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Boerne may better than you expected.

sandmaster
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Boerne jumped out to a huge lead and Llano made a furious comeback attempt in the 4th qtr by scoring 27 points. Then Fredericksburg scored 14 points before the monsoon hit and Llano scored 6 points in the slop of the second half. In both games if they have a better start they win both games. But if and and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Boerne had almost 70 kids on Varsity to Llano's 30.

LHPfactory
10-07-2012, 08:29 PM
LH by at least 40.

regaleagle
10-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Liberty Hill will bring the whack attack with them, and unless your team has an excellent defense, will light up the scoreboard. I have no idea whatsoever about Llano's D, but just assume with thier record it is mediocre at best.

Bassact
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
LH by at least 40.

Dang factory! llano did play wimb to within 1 point.

panfan
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Lh by 3 tds

K-MAC Chuck
10-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Not that media guys/broadcasters know anything about football...
But after 2 talks with Art Delugach (PBP for Llano), this game sounds like it will come down to 2 matchups: (1) the LH running game vs. the (according to Art) struggling Llano run defense and (2) the good Llano passing game vs. the LH "Black Thunder Defense" secondary. More later..

hollywood
10-07-2012, 09:43 PM
LH by 21+

Bassact
10-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Not that media guys/broadcasters know anything about football...
But after 2 talks with Art Delugach (PBP for Llano), this game sounds like it will come down to 2 matchups: (1) the LH running game vs. the (according to Art) struggling Llano run defense and (2) the good Llano passing game vs. the LH "Black Thunder Defense" secondary. More later..

Stuggling run d vs. LH = a very long night for the jackets.. LH pass D is good enough to contain the jackets passing game.

greendawg84
10-08-2012, 07:13 AM
The Hill by at least 21 , will be a long night for the Jackets.

Mojo84
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Boerne jumped out to a huge lead and Llano made a furious comeback attempt in the 4th qtr by scoring 27 points. Then Fredericksburg scored 14 points before the monsoon hit and Llano scored 6 points in the slop of the second half. In both games if they have a better start they win both games. But if and and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Boerne had almost 70 kids on Varsity to Llano's 30.

First off, Boerne did not have 70 players suited up. They had 55 give or take a couple due to injuries.

They have struggled in a few games this year by not playing to their potential for four quarters. They got off to a big start against Medina Valley just like they did against Llano. Between letting up in intensity and both teams (MVr and Llano) not giving up, the games ended up very close. It almost cost Boerne both games. Boerne also fell way behind Antonian for a half and then made some tempo adjustments and came back to where they had a chance to tie the game on the last play of the game. If Boerne would have played to their potential all four quarters for these three games, Boerne would have won all three by comfortable margins. But since they didn't they didn't.

Not sure who will win but Llano has my respect.

solocam
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Panthers by 17

garciap77
10-09-2012, 07:30 AM
LH by 28!

Red&White_9x5
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Tough gig for Slaughter in his first district game as the Head YellowJacket. Seems like the Hill will be way too much for them to handle

Bassact
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
According to Padilla Poll - Liberty Hill by 34
Not sure that makes me feel any better - LH was picked to beat Giddings by 2 and lost by 3.. Although we'd sure like a do over in that 1.
smithvile was picked to beat LH and that one got ugly in a hurry - Smithville never knew what hit'em..

Purple Rain
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
According to Padilla Poll - Liberty Hill by 34
Not sure that makes me feel any better - LH was picked to beat Giddings by 2 and lost by 3.. Although we'd sure like a do over in that 1.
smithvile was picked to beat LH and that one got ugly in a hurry - Smithville never knew what hit'em..

Agree with all of that...especially the part about a rematch with Giddings

Roughneck93
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
LH by 4 TDs .

LHPfactory
10-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Yeah, I have a feeling the O will be way to much for Llano's D, after LH settles in the boys wont have to many 3rd downs in this one.

Bassact
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Where are all the Llano supporters? Give us some insight..

LHPfactory
10-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Its Thursday, anyone know how the Llano 8th grade A&B teams are doing?
They will be playing in LH tonight at 4:30 for B and 5:30 for A, both of LHs 8th grade teams are good, how bout Llano?

On another note regarding Friday Night in Llano, I hear that there is a better BBQ place in Llano than Coopers, Rumor has it that the Llano folks all eat there..... So whats this place called??? and where is it????

greendawg84
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
They will be playing in LH tonight at 4:30 for B and 5:30 for A, both of LHs 8th grade teams are good, how bout Llano?

On another note regarding Friday Night in Llano, I hear that there is a better BBQ place in Llano than Coopers, Rumor has it that the Llano folks all eat there..... So whats this place called??? and where is it????

Lairds (sp) it will be on your left headed to the field after you go past the square. It is in an old house , rumor is that he taught the Coopers how to cook , dont know if thats true or not but that is the rumor. Innmans is good also , it is located on 29 right hand side headed out of town towards Brady. Last 2 times I ate at Coopers it was not good at all, and WAY over priced.

IF you want a good CFS go the the Burger Bar , yep its a hole in the wall , but man they have good food.

Gonzo
10-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Inman's on the hill headed out of town on 29 is best bbq in Llano. Burger Bar has excellent CFS and sweet tea (also try a Tanner Special, excellent choice as well). Can't go wrong with food or drink in Llano except for Sonic, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut......

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM

I don't know about B team but A was LH 30, Llano 0, if I remember right.

defense51
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
LH by at least 3 td's

LHPfactory
10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
I don't know about B team but A was LH 30, Llano 0, if I remember right.

Yes, LH 8th A won 30-0 over Llano

and LH 8th B won 8-0 over Thrall combined 7th and 8th team, Thrall has 1 Jr high team for all of 7th and 8th. I think they are 1 A

LH JV was up 14-0 in the first Quarter when I left.

Dont know about 7th or Freshmen though.

LHPfactory
10-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes, LH 8th A won 30-0 over Llano

and LH 8th B won 8-0 over Thrall combined 7th and 8th team, Thrall has 1 Jr high team for all of 7th and 8th. I think they are 1 A

LH JV was up 14-0 in the first Quarter when I left.

Dont know about 7th or Freshmen though.

LH freshmen 42-8 over Llano

LH 7th 22-8 over Llano

Purple Rain
10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
LH freshmen 42-8 over Llano

LH 7th 22-8 over Llano

Thanks for the updates. Do you have a final in the JV game?

sandmaster
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Congrats to LH panthers on a good win! I'm a high school football fan that lives close to Llano and go to most of the Jackets games. I don't know if the 55-28 really shows how well the Jackets played tonight. Heard on the radio that llano's QB had 340 yards passing and the rb/wr had 10rec for around 200 yards. The Jackets had 520 yards of offense and LH had around 400 yards. Very impressed with LH's no huddle Slot T. Hands down Coach Vance and his staff have mastered the Slot T and it is a very impressive to watch. I think the panthers can go far this year but have to make sure and sure up the pass coverage a little bit and they will be fine. Would love to hear the LH fans thoughts on the game. Good luck to both teams in the rest of district.

Bassact
10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Good win for the Panthers. somewhat disappointed in all the penaties by the Panthers.. Not sure what was going on but in 1 drive they had 4-5 in a row without ever taking a snap. Even more disappointed in the pass D.. Wimberley showed us what we needed to work on with all the screen passes and I think we played them worse tonight that we have all year ( which hasn't been very good)
Haven't seen any stats - but I'd be surprised is Llano had over 500 yards. they didn't have much success running the ball, their best running play was the QB breaking containment. Everything else was LH just straight up playing like they've never seen a RB screen before or a Wr screen on the outside. Give credit to llano i'm sure they saw what Wimb did and they spent 2 weeks perfecting it.
jackets are a lot better than they have been the last couple of years. The rest of 8 3A better look out. llano will be coming to play.
Honestly thought the Panthers thought it was already over and started playing lazy at the end giving up 2 TD's late in the 4th..

lange4
10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
yes Llano had over 300 yds passing and over 200 yds rushing. 25 first downs. Just not enough points from it. That # 17 for LH is quite the player. He could do to us whatever he wanted.

LHPfactory
10-13-2012, 10:36 AM
One thing I have noticed about Llano, win or loose, from the youth leagues to the Jr High game that I watched on thursday, to varsity, they are physical for sure. The kids play tuff, and you have to respect that.

sandmaster
10-13-2012, 11:33 AM
That is just the mind set of the kids in Llano. They might not be the best athletes but they will fight their tails off every play.

Bassact
10-13-2012, 12:43 PM
yes Llano had over 300 yds passing and over 200 yds rushing. 25 first downs. Just not enough points from it. That # 17 for LH is quite the player. He could do to us whatever he wanted.

yes he is.. mind blowing that LH didn't move him around in the secondary. Llano ran/threw to their left all night and Lh couldn't stop it. 17 was basically taken out of the game on D with the play calling. good job by the llano coaches & Qb for staying away from him. Not so good that LH let them do it..