PDA

View Full Version : Snyder (2-3) @ Sweetwater (2-3)

Tiganut
10-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Lets get this one started. Been playing each other since 20s per Lonestarfootball.com. I really think it started before that!! WOS87 can you help. 38 miles apart. New coaching staffs, new systems on O and D. Spread the Red!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!

toddg
10-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Sweetwater is nice, but i have to go with Alvarado alum Coach Sims and his Snyder Tigers this week...28-13.

cr180t
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Snyder. Chance at 4 years in a row

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Snyder. Chance at 4 years in a row

About the only chance Snyder has is if the UIL grants Ward a fifth year of eligibilty.

Maroon87
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
When I first joined the DL this was THE rivalry...I kinda miss those days. Whatever happened to Black Magic anyway?

Bullaholic
10-08-2012, 05:02 PM
When I first joined the DL this was THE rivalry...I kinda miss those days. Whatever happened to Black Magic anyway?

Ain't it the truth---I remember when 3 out of 4 threads had to do with this game, and there was some of that serious trash-talkin' goin' on.....

Eagle1
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Will the Mustang bowl be totally full for this one? I would love to go watch this one West Texas football at its finest.

Tiganut
10-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Black Magic has been placed in the witness protection program.
Now for a little trash talk...one kindergarten class in Snyder has a higher combined IQ than the entire town of Sweetwater!!!!
Sweetwater Red wears his mother's underwear!!!!
Go Tigers, Spread the Red!!!

garciap77
10-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Now for a little trash talk...one kindergarten class in Snyder has a higher combined IQ than the entire town of Sweetwater!!!!

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/emot-munch~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Oh wow. Looks like snydertigersrul must have two usernames.

Grahamerica
10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Whoever wins the coin toss takes this game.

Bullaholic
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh wow. Looks like snydertigersrul must have two usernames.

if not---I wonder if Tiganut realizes what a burn that was...:D

Red&White_9x5
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Sweetwater takes this one! Neither team is setting the world on fire, but I think the Stangs are much closer than Snyder to consistency.
Stangs 28
Tigers 14

Black_Magic
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM

Black Magic has been reading. I believe the Tigers take this one and WIn streak goes to 4 in a row in favor of the Tigers. Always a big game . Even in the last three years when after half time it was not very close.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Black Magic has been reading. I believe the Tigers take this one and WIn streak goes to 4 in a row in favor of the Tigers. Always a big game . Even in the last three years when after half time it was not very close.

Well I see the move didn't make you in smarter. Ward is gone and Snyder's run of one man shows is over.

outlaw
10-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I am gonna say this one ends in a tie

Tiganut
10-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Well I see the move didn't make you in smarter. Ward is gone and Snyder's run of one man shows is over.
As the great Lee Corso says "not so fast my friend". Word of advise Sweetwater better stack 8 in the box!!

garciap77
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM

.........................................http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/0052.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
As the great Lee Corso says "not so fast my friend". Word of advise Sweetwater better stack 8 in the box!!

Let me guess. Y'all moved in another RB to carry the team? Speaking of that...what ever happened to Will Clay anyway?

Tiganut
10-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Will is working here in Snyder. No move ins, would just like to see us throw for about 300 yards, that would be different. This shows to be 60th meeting between us. Sweetwater leads series 36-22-1. Met twice in playoffs 04 and 90 with Snyder winning both. I would like to forget the 80s. Ugh!!!

Tiganut
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Speaking of carrying team!!! With no Jackson, Banyard, or Green Sweetwater has not had much success!!!

Black_Magic
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok if you say so. I would disagree about a one man show. Snyder has never been one of those. Just always been an I back kind of place for a while and ONE guy gets the ball most of the time. Gotta have 10 others blocking too ya know

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I would disagree about a one man show. Snyder has never been one of those.

Snyder was "one of those" the entire time Rogers was there. Let's see...Will Clay (RB) - forgot where he moved from, Dee Walker(RB) - the move-in from New Mexico and Keenon Ward. Yep all were one man shows.

But anyway...Snyder's little mini run is over and Sweetwater is going to win this game by atleast 10. I'll say 24-14

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Speaking of carrying team!!! With no Jackson, Banyard, or Green Sweetwater has not had much success!!!

You DO know what one man show means right? :doh:

Black_Magic
10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Snyder was "one of those" the entire time Rogers was there. Let's see...Will Clay (RB) - forgot where he moved from, Dee Walker(RB) - the move-in from New Mexico and Keenon Ward. Yep all were one man shows.

Come on man. your showing you lack of football knowlege. Sure every team has a leading rusher or leading passer. does not make them a one man show. Everyone of those teams had to play defense. Block, tackle. Takes 10 others no matter how good one man is. you should know that but if you cant see that then what ever

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 10:04 AM
You DO know what one man show means right? :doh:
Of course I do you jackwagon. Remember I graduated from Snyder not Sweetwater. Will grew up in Snyder. Dee was a move in. Keenon grew up in Snyder also.
When Will played he did not do it all, there was Lance Day (who is playing pro baseball), Brent Bollinger (who is playing college baseball), Blaine Knipe (who is playing college football), plus dont get me started on the huge O-line that man-handled teams all year until Celina.
During Dee's years I can name multiple players also that helped get it done.
You must not have played football, because without the O-line making holes and receivers blocking down field-Dee, Will, or Keenon do not do what they did.
:crazy:

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Come on man. your showing you lack of football knowlege. Sure every team has a leading rusher or leading passer. does not make them a one man show. Everyone of those teams had to play defense. Block, tackle. Takes 10 others no matter how good one man is. you should know that but if you cant see that then what ever

Of course I do you jackwagon. Remember I graduated from Snyder not Sweetwater. Will grew up in Snyder. Dee was a move in. Keenon grew up in Snyder also.
When Will played he did not do it all, there was Lance Day (who is playing pro baseball), Brent Bollinger (who is playing college baseball), Blaine Knipe (who is playing college football), plus dont get me started on the huge O-line that man-handled teams all year until Celina.
During Dee's years I can name multiple players also that helped get it done.
You must not have played football, because without the O-line making holes and receivers blocking down field-Dee, Will, or Keenon do not do what they did.
:crazy:

Blah blah blah...

Everyone knows Snyder's act the last 10 years or so and nothing you two knot heads say is going to convince us other wise. The play book had three plays in it that were something like this....

1. (insert one man show name here) run to the left
2. (insert one man shows name here) run to the right
3. (insert one man shows name here) run up the middle

Sure hope you y'alls new coach has opened up the playbook some. Because, if not, it's gonna be a long night for Snyder and their running game going against our front seven this Friday.

Black_Magic
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Blah blah blah...

Everyone knows Snyder's act the last 10 years or so and nothing you two knot heads say is going to convince us other wise. The play book had three plays in it that were something like this....

Sure hope you y'alls new coach has opened up the playbook some. Because, if not, it's gonna be a long night for Snyder and their running game going against our front seven this Friday.

Well I do know this for sure. Over the last three years we were asking on the sideline " who wants to score the next TD" of ALL of our kids. Couple of years ago Gave the ball to a couple of lineman . A couple scored for the first time in thier lives. As for the rest of your post I have no commnet other than to say . What ever makes you feel better about the game.

garciap77
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/3d-cute-tiger-2.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/tiny-horse-014.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/3d-cute-tiger-2.gif

garciap77
10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Well I do know this for sure. Over the last three years we were asking on the sideline " who wants to score the next TD" of ALL of our kids. Couple of years ago Gave the ball to a couple of lineman . A couple scored for the first time in thier lives. As for the rest of your post I have no commnet other than to say . What ever makes you feel better about the game.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-027.gif

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Wow aren't you just a shining example of quality education the Snyder ISD has to offer?

What does drawing up a dive or hook and ladder play for a fat boy have to do with anything? That doesn't change the fact that Snyder was a one man show. Without Ward y'all don't sniff the playoffs or .500 the last three years.

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Wow aren't you just a shining example of quality education the Snyder ISD has to offer?

What does drawing up a dive or hook and ladder play for a fat boy have to do with anything? That doesn't change the fact that Snyder was a one man show. Without Ward y'all don't sniff the playoffs or .500 the last three years.

Yea your right without Ward we would have been Sweetwater the last three years. Couldn't have even spelled the word playoffs. I am sure after we kick your tails tomorrow you will find some other Snyder player to blame your frustrations on!!:tisk:

Bullaholic
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Shades of the old days---thanks Sweetwater Red and Black Magic. Keep up the good work....

Black_Magic
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Come on man, are you for real? FYI . I dont expect you to realize this but Brandon Davis has scored more points on Sweetwater than ANY other Snyder tiger has in our history. I dont remember him being on your ONE MAN TEAM list of Tigers. Brandon has one more game vs you guys. Where is all this hostility coming from. Is it the 3 50 pt games whe have had in the last three years? come on man settle down. But you just flat wrong on the one man team deal. IN any event what ever has worked great for the last 10 years so i find it funny that you want to try to talk it down

mustang84
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Well let me get in on this too. I dont care anything about the last three years I just care about Friday night. Mustangs are going to come out and play smash mouth football and put the Snyder Tigers in their place. Good old West Texas football rival game. So all you Snyder fans get ready this is a new and improved Mustang team and they are going to beat you no doubt about it. So come on over and have fun.

PS
SNYDER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

mustang84
10-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey did I mention SNYDER REALLY SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey did I mention SNYDER REALLY SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boobies and Beer Bottles!!!!! Oh yea baby!!!
Are we gonna have a meet and greet??

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Come on man, are you for real? FYI . I dont expect you to realize this but Brandon Davis has scored more points on Sweetwater than ANY other Snyder tiger has in our history. I dont remember him being on your ONE MAN TEAM list of Tigers. Brandon has one more game vs you guys. Where is all this hostility coming from. Is it the 3 50 pt games whe have had in the last three years? come on man settle down. But you just flat wrong on the one man team deal. IN any event what ever has worked great for the last 10 years so i find it funny that you want to try to talk it down

You Snyder chumps sure are sensitive to the One Man Show title. :thinking:

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sweetwater Red;1701969]You Snyder chumps sure are sensitive to the One Man Show title. :thinking:[/
Magic and I just need to let it go and realize you can't fix stupid.

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
You Snyder chumps sure are sensitive to the One Man Show title. :thinking:[/
Magic and I just need to let it go and realize you can't fix stupid.

hahahaha

I'll let your post speak for itself. :doh:

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
hahahaha

I'll let your post speak for itself. :doh:
Let me spell it out w h a t u a r e s a y i n g i s s t u p i d a n d c a n t b e f i x e d!! I forgot you are slow.

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Let me spell it out w h a t u a r e s a y i n g i s s t u p i d a n d c a n t b e f i x e d!! I forgot you are slow.

Oh, come Tigertesticle. Don't cry geez. It's just a little friendly trash talking.

mustang84
10-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey RED they just dont get it do they. We all know that Snyder Sucks. I guess they just arent smart enough to figure it out themselves. LOL

See You Guys Friday Night

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiganut
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh, come Tigertesticle. Don't cry geez. It's just a little friendly trash talking.
Why does testicles need to be brought into this?! Ha ha
Trust me I have been hit, kicked, run over by two cars, and shot at, a little message board chatter does not hurt my feelings. Maybe after the game Dahop will buy the beers and we can talk bad about Wylie together!!!:vrycnfsd:

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Why does testicles need to be brought into this?! Ha ha
Trust me I have been hit, kicked, run over by two cars, and shot at, a little message board chatter does not hurt my feelings. Maybe after the game Dahop will buy the beers and we can talk bad about Wylie together!!!:vrycnfsd:

Wow! Sounds like you either need new friends or another line of work. Lol

mustang84
10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Where is DaHop anyways need to talk some trash to him too.

garciap77
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/peanuts_charlie_brown_yellow_shirt--1.gif

garciap77
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Who wins? Let me see http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/LadyFire/Smileys/cointhrow.gif...............I'll tell you after the game!!!http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/raspberry.gif

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Freshmen score

Sweetwater 6
Snyder 8

Final

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
JV score

Sweetwater 0
Snyder 6

Final

skins4life
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I doubt very seriously if you can get dahop to buy the beer! He might talk trash about Wylie but, would probably try to talk Red into a "little" bet on the winner! It might have to do with a T-shirt. Now me on the other hand, I would probably buy a cold beverage and talk S&^% about everyone that's not at the M&G. See you tomorrow.

Oh, by the way!!

Snyder 33
sweetwater 19

garciap77
10-11-2012, 10:38 PM
I doubt very seriously if you can get dahop to buy the beer! He might talk trash about Wylie but, would probably try to talk Red into a "little" bet on the winner! It might have to do with a T-shirt. Now me on the other hand, I would probably buy a cold beverage and talk S&^% about everyone that's not at the M&G. See you tomorrow.

Oh, by the way!!

Snyder 33
sweetwater 19

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Angelintown/Smiley%20diversen/jippie.gif

Snyder_TigerFan
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Doesn't say much for the other team if 11 men let one man beat them (3 years straight).

garciap77
10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Doesn't say much for the other team if 11 men let one man beat them (3 years straight).

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm212popcorn.gif

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
SNYDER (2-3) AT SWEETWATER (2-3)

This would have been an easy pick three weeks ago, with Snyder allowing more than 150 points through an 0-3 start.

But the Tigers have begun to clean things up — dropping Lubbock Estacado (25-22) and San Angelo Lake View (20-14) in succession.

Sweetwater in the meantime, has followed a 2-1 start with consecutive losses to Wall (43-20) and Brownwood (28-13), meaning that Snyder gets the check mark under momentum.

However, there are two key differences here — strength of schedule and defense.

While Snyder has clearly begun to improve, the Tigers have struggled mightily against teams that are .500 or better. Sweetwater's road has been far more difficult, with a schedule that also included dates with solid teams from Eastland (4-2) and Andrews (3-2).

Through that, the Mustangs have allowed 72 fewer points in five games than Snyder, plus they have the home-field edge in this matchup.

PICK:Sweetwater by 3

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/10/merkel-eastland-clash-in-big-country-game-of-the/

DaHop72
10-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Blah blah blah...

Hummmm, versus Swaters wide open playbook, jet sweep left, jet sweep right, jet sweep left, punt. LOL

DaHop72
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM

Oh, by the way!!

Snyder 33
sweetwater 19Talk trash the best can't do the rest. Have to go to Big D today. Fight them fair tonight Skins! By the way sweetwater84 is an egg sucking dog! LOL

mustang84
10-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Talk trash the best can't do the rest. Have to go to Big D today. Fight them fair tonight Skins! By the way sweetwater84 is an egg sucking dog! LOL

Hey now DaHop I dont suck eggs LOL. Mustangs are going to kick some Tiger BUTT tonight. Dont forget SNYDER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Mustangs take on fierce rival to start 4-3A actionOctober 11, 2012

By Ron Howell

On Friday, the real season begins for Sweetwater.
After three weeks of play-ing non-district games on the road and a week off to let some injuries heal and get in some extra practice, the Mustangs are home for their District 4-3A opener.
And what better way to kick off district play than to face your biggest rival?
This year’s Sweetwater vs. Snyder matchup could be the most competitive in awhile as both teams enter the game with 2-3 records. In addition, this will be the first time the head coaches — Sweetwater’s Shane Mobley and Snyder’s Aubrey Sims — have opposed each other during the rivalry.
It will be the 63rd time the teams have met since 1925, and Sweetwater has a 36-25-1 advantage (see the all-time results in Thursday's Sports page). But Snyder has won the last three games by an average score of 50-9. However, another blowout seems unlikely based on how the teams fared in non-district.
After starting 0-3, Snyder has won its last two games, edging both Lubbock Esta-cado 25-22 and San Angelo Lake View 20-14.
The Tigers’ biggest im-provement in recent weeks has come on defense.
Snyder surrendered 154 points in losing to Amarillo Caprock (57-70), Lubbock Cooper (21-35) and Brownwood (14-49) to begin the year.
Sweetwater has lost two straight after a 2-1 start, but the losses came against a very good Class 2A team (Wall) and an always-tough Brownwood squad.
For Snyder, Mobley ex-pects his team’s best effort — and also Snyder’s — on Friday. “I think everybody on both teams will play above their ability just bec-ause it’s such a rivalry,” he said on Wednesday.
“But we have one goal. If we beat Snyder, it’s just one game that we need to win. Winning this one is big.”
Sweetwater and Snyder, along with 2-3 Monahans, are the only district teams with losing records so far. No. 2-ranked Wylie and Big Spring are 5-0 and will face each other on Friday in Big Spring, while 4-1 Midland Greenwood hosts Monahans in the other matchup.
Monahans was the only team in the district to play last week as the Loboes lost to Canyon 24-14.
It’s been a tough year in-jury-wise for the Mustangs, but a couple of the injured players, linebacker Ty Davis and lineman Chase Saund-ers, are healthy again. Another lineman, J.D. Davis — older brother of Ty — is also expected to see limited action against Snyder.
Mobley also said Mar-quees Jenkins, Sweetwater’s leading rusher, would play after sustaining a high-ankle sprain against Brownwood two weeks ago.
Snyder has two danger-ous runners in quarterback Brandon Davis (728 yards) and D’Vincent Allison (592), who has really come on during the team’s surge. Allison had 223 yards against Esta-cado and followed that with 167 yards vs. Lake View, in-cluding the game-winning touchdown on a 4-yard run with 1:27 to play.
Davis, who was a starter at running back last year, has also completed 43 of 83 passes for 534 yards and six touchdowns.
Sweetwater hasn’t run as much as Snyder but has still been effective as both Jen-kins and Ryan Linebaugh, the team’s top two rushers, average over seven yards per carry. The Mustangs have also had near-perfect offensive balance so far, averaging 183 yards rushing and 179 yards through the air. Sweetwater had just 225 total yards vs. Brownwood after getting over 300 in each of its first four games, but fared much better in the second half as the Mustangs had 170 yards in the final two periods. Jenkins had 38 yards on six rushes before getting hurt, and Sweetwa-ter’s passing game was also solid against the Lions.
Sophomore quarterback Kaegan Jeffrey, the team’s No. 3 rusher, has also been very effective throwing the ball. He has completed 54 of 101 passes for 712 yards and five TDs with only two picked off. Against Brown-wood, he threw a 5-yard scoring pass to Kaleb Hoover in the fourth quarter, and finished 14-of-29 for 160 yards and no interceptions. Bray Amos (23 catches, 360 yards, three touchdowns) and Hoover (15, 232, 2) have been Sweetwater’s top receivers this season.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/mustangs-take-fierce-rival-start-4-3a-action

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Sweetwater 7
Snyder 0

88 yard TD pass Kaegan to Norman

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweetwater 14
Snyder 0

29 yard TD pass Kaegan to Hoover

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Sweetwater 14
Snyder 7

One yard TD run

2:23 left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Sweetwater 14
Snyder 14

Snyder scores quickly after a Sweetwater turnover

2:05 left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Sweetwater 21
Snyder 14

53 yard TD pass Kaegan to Linebaugh

7:33 left in 3rd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Sweetwater 27
Snyder 14

34 yard TD pass Kaegan to McGee

11:32 left in 4th quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Sweetwater 27
Snyder 21

30 yd pass by Snyder after converting fourth and 1

9:07 left in 4th quartet

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Sweetwater 27
Snyder 27

30 yard run by Snyder

6:57 left in fourth

Sweetwater had an 80 yard kick off return for a TD called back and then turned it over on first play ft scrimmage at own 35. Snyder quickly scored.

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Sweetwater 34
Snyder 27

11 yard TD run by Linebaugh

3:07 left in 4th quarter

WylieBulldog87
10-12-2012, 10:06 PM
sounds like a great game

Sweetwater Red
10-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Sweetwater 34
Snyder 27

Final

Phantom Stang
10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Way to go Big Red!!!:clap::clap:

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats to Sweetwater on the win.

skins4life
10-12-2012, 11:10 PM
cheater, cheater pumpkin eater! I want to know how many kids playing for the mustangs had stripe shirts on the field that were their dads?

OK, I got that out of my system. Congrats to the stangs.

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:11 AM
cheater, cheater pumpkin eater! I want to know how many kids playing for the mustangs had stripe shirts on the field that were their dads?

OK, I got that out of my system. Congrats to the stangs.

LOL Must have been a good game! Congrats to the stangs!

Pudlugger
10-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow what a great rivalry game. Congratulations to the Mustangs for getting the win.

Sweetwater Red
10-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Sweetwater 34
Snyder 27

11 yard TD run by Linebaugh

3:07 left in 4th quarter

After this score...

Sweetwater kicked the ball off and Snyder took over at about their 35 with 2:27 left and one time out.

Sweetwater went to the bend but don't break defense and Norman just missed about a 40 yard pick 6 that would've effectively ended the game but Snyder completed a handful of passes to get the ball down to the Mustang 2 yard line with about 20 seconds left. The QB was in shotgun and the center snapped the ball over the QB's head. It must've sailed maybe 10-15 yards behind him. By the time Snyder recovered, the officials spotted the ball and blew the whistle to mark it ready for play, time expired. Game over

ccmom
10-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow. Crazy ending and great game. Congrats to the Stangs!

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
SW wins wild 4-3A opener, 34-27

In a wild District 4-3A opener at Mustang Bowl that featured a pair of 2-3 teams with first-year head coaches, the winner of Friday’s Sweetwater vs. Snyder showdown wasn’t decided until the final play.
Even though Sweetwater never trailed, the Mustangs couldn’t relax until a Snyder fumble on that very last play sealed a 34-27 triumph.
And while the first feeling might have been one of relief, it was immediately followed by joy in the Bowl as Sweetwater won its 4-3A opener against a fierce rival — and one with three con-secutive lopsided victories over the Mustangs.
The momentum of the game see-sawed back and forth all night.
Snyder dominated time of possession in the first quarter, but Sweetwater’s defense twice held after the Tigers had gotten inside the Mustangs’ 20.
Sweetwater then struck for a pair of touchdowns, the first an 88-yard pass play from quarterback Kae-gan Jeffrey to wide receiver Willie Norman, to open up a 14-0 advantage only to see Snyder wipe it out by scoring two touchdowns in just 18 seconds, both times after Sweetwater turnovers.
It was still 14-14 at half-time after Sweetwater was denied a touchdown on the last play of the second quar-ter, when officials ruled that Norman was out of the end zone when he caught a pass from Jeffrey.
But Sweetwater was able to once again enjoy a two-score edge after two more Jeffrey TD passes, the first a 47-yarder to Ryan Line-baugh and the second a 34-yarder to Isaiah McGee that made it 27-14 on the first play of the fourth quarter. But that lead, once again, didn’t hold up long as Snyder scored on its next two possessions to tie the game at 27-27. The tying score came after Sweetwater lost its third fumble of the game, allowing Snyder to start from the Mustangs’ 38 and eventually score on a 20-yard run by running back D’Vincent Allison, who carried the ball 34 times for 169 yards on a very busy night and scored twice.
With a chance to take their first lead after Allison’s score, the Tigers missed the extra point kick as it hit the left crossbar and came back to leave the game tied with 6:57 to play.
Sweetwater got help on its next drive when Snyder was penalized for a personal foul, moving Sweetwater to midfield and eventually leading to Linebaugh’s 11-yard touchdown run with 3:04 remaining to regain the lead at 34-27.
Snyder took the kickoff back to its 23, then kept its final drive going when Skillet Rinehart — playing at quarterback for injured Brandon Davis — completed a 13-yard pass to Felix Martinez on fourth-and-10 from Snyder’s 35.
First-down passes to both Martinez and Zach Harris and Allison’s first-down run moved the Tigers to Sweetwater’s 11, and Rinehart then ran nine yards to put it at the 2. However, Rinehart was injured on the play and left the game, with Johnathan Garcia taking over behind center for a third-and-goal play and Snyder out of timeouts.
But the ensuing snap was fumbled by Garcia, produ-cing a scramble with the ball eventually being recovered by Sweetwater’s Marquees Jenkins as time expired, allowing Mustang players to celebrate their first victory over Snyder since 2008.
It was also the first time Sweetwater’s Shane Mobley had beaten the Tigers as a head coach, though as an assistant to Kent Jackson he was part of Sweetwater wins over Snyder during the 2004 and 2005 seasons.
Snyder, though, had out-scored Sweetwater 150-26 in winning the last three district meetings.
Friday was a career night for Jeffrey, who set personal highs by throwing for 284 yards and four touchdowns in just his sixth start at quarterback. He completed 12 of 18 passes with one interception, and also had 28 yards rushing.
Snyder out-rushed Swee-twater by a 2-1 (233-110) margin in the game, but the Tigers threw for only 145 yards and Rinehart was in-tercepted by Norman late in the first quarter, leading to a touchdown that gave Sweetwater a 14-0 lead.
Facing first-and-15 from the 29, Jeffrey threw to Kaleb Hoover who made a sensational catch after tak-ing the ball away from his defender in the back of the end zone. Hoover finished as Sweetwater’s top receiver with five catches for 68 yards, although in terms of yardage Norman led the way with 94 yards on his two receptions.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/sw-wins-wild-4-3a-opener-34-27