PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Fans: regarding tortillas

bd0707
12-01-2003, 12:36 PM
Superintendant Jeff Hanks sent out this message

The Burnet Bulldogs are the home team this week as we take on the Bulldogs from Jasper at 2:00 p.m. Saturday at Texas A&M's Kyle Field. Gates will open at 12:30.

One favor I would ask of our fans would be to keep the tortillas at home. I have received numerous complaints from people who have been hit by tortillas. In addition, the district has been subject to an additional clean up fee from the stadiums where we have played. We are a classy district that many other schools would like to emulate. Let's show our true colors by wearing green and cheering for our team with Spirit, Pride and Honor. Go Bulldogs!

Jeffrey M. Hanks, Superintendent

Burnet Consolidated ISD

CentralTxFan
12-01-2003, 12:41 PM
I wondered about any clean up charges. I wouldn't want to clean up that mess. I was also curious if this would go over at Kyle field. Hope everyone "listens" to this message from Mr Hanks.

zippy
12-01-2003, 12:41 PM
I hope the tortilla totin fans take heed to this request. It's all well and fun until you get hurt with one the the UFO's. My wife caught one right in the eye at the Sinton Game.

Let's make noise, not problems. :D

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 12:50 PM
What started all of this?

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-01-2003, 12:50 PM
I got an eye full too. It hit me under the eye an
went under my glasses. Maybe we can just cheer
our team on to victory the good ol' ways.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

spiveyrat
12-01-2003, 01:07 PM
What happened to throwing the little plastic footballs? :D

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

JCM
12-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Please all you tortilla heads, leave them at home on Saturday. The Aggies might mistake you for Red Raiders and pound you.

CheerMom
12-01-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm confused!! What's the purpose of throwing tortillas. Is there some hidden meaning? Explain for us dummies who are clueless.

Titans
12-01-2003, 01:31 PM
yeah, please leave those tortillas at home.

You can poke an eye out with those things.

As a matter of fact, in a horrible tortilla accident, my little brother had to get a glass eye from a Burnet fan throwing one of those things.

Those are DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS things.

TORTILLAS - give me a break!

I'll be there will 20 dozen! not just any, either...the HUGE ONES!

debatnohsor
12-01-2003, 01:41 PM
it's a texas tech thing...the student section does it when their team scores

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 01:48 PM
JCM:
The Aggies might mistake you for Red Raiders and pound you.ROFLMAO... http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-014.gif

pirate4state
12-01-2003, 03:54 PM
I have what may be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway...are these real tortillas, as in taco material?? eek! If so, what a waste!! http://kit.netpoets.net/ohbrother.gif If they are some kind of toy, then play on, but be careful! :D

zippy
12-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Pirate4state....yep they are the eatin kind. It started out flour with an occasional corn tortilla, but the resourseful youth in burnet quickly figured out that the corn tortilla holds up better which allows for multiple throws.

And on a side note: with a 20 MPH wind they actually ride on the jetstream thus allowing 80 yard tosses. :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey! I've got it! Tortilla golf! It'll be the next craze! :D :D

BHS#1
12-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Well was Kelso in the stadium last week. MY EYE MY EYE!!!!!

zippy
12-01-2003, 04:47 PM
If we could get the UIL to sanction tortilla tossing, Burnet would win State for sure. :D

poncho
12-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Whats next? Throwing rice??? Did I write that? :( :D :D

20dawgz05
12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
awww....i love the tortillas they are the funnest things ever...except we cant throw them back to the crowd when they fly into the band i tried and got in trouble oh well!!!

rholl
12-01-2003, 05:42 PM
I liked the part when someone said The Aggies might mistake you for being from Tech and pound you.....ummm A&M hasn't been on the good end of that score in a few yrs.

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Yeah, rholl, that was a good one. :D

dawg03
12-01-2003, 06:27 PM
I was wondering what the whole tortilla thing was all about! Thanks guys!

espn1
12-01-2003, 06:34 PM
I've already bought two cases of 8" corn. :D :D :D :D

dawgmeister
12-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Next thing you know, the band is gonna have to learn that Matador thing that the Tech band plays...

My buddies and I got these gosh awfull stink bomb canisters. I heard they were all the rage at Bowling Green games. You don't think anyone will mind if we stink up the air, do ya'? :cool:

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 06:52 PM
JCM:
Please all you tortilla heads, leave them at home on Saturday. The Aggies might mistake you for Red Raiders and pound you.I hear you. I have heard that some of them Aggies in the Corp (another name for ex-high school band members)like to pound guys, especially when they are inebriated or incapacitated.
How bout that one Aggie Baseball player that got caught for indeceny in front of his place, two weeks in a row. Geez.

espn1
12-01-2003, 07:02 PM
GOFOR2:

JCM:
Please all you tortilla heads, leave them at home on Saturday. The Aggies might mistake you for Red Raiders and pound you.I hear you. I have heard that some of them Aggies in the Corp (another name for ex-high school band members)like to pound guys, especially when they are inebriated or incapacitated.
How bout that one Aggie Baseball player that got caught for indeceny in front of his place, two weeks in a row. Geez.Anybody that lets ex-band members pound them is a wuss anyway.

White&Crimson
12-02-2003, 06:00 PM
espn1:

GOFOR2:

JCM:
How bout that one Aggie Baseball player that got caught for indeceny in front of his place, two weeks in a row. Geez.Anybody that lets ex-band members pound them is a wuss anyway.Not if it's a tuba player...

lotus67
12-02-2003, 06:28 PM
In response to the Super, I hope that this message gets to everyone. I fear some won't get the message and it will cause some troubles at the game. I for one dont bring them but think it looks real cool viewing all those tortillas in the air, oh well maybe they will just squirt green stinky gas. lol frown

Bandera YaYa
12-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Sorry, this post is way late here, just caught on about the tortillas....I thought it was a joke or something......HEY, THROWING TORTILLAS IS JUST PLAIN STUPID!! I CAN'T BELIEVE BURNET WOULD DO SOMETHING SO TRASHY!! If you threw one, I hope you helped pick up your trash before you left the field! I know I wouldn't pick up after you, if you did it at my field.....show some respect...geeeeeezzzz!! I am truly shocked!! frown

Dawgystyle
12-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Bandera YA YA. YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA YADA. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.
You are exactly the PC type that the super is cowtowing to. He does not care if we throw the dang tortillas. He lets us do it at home. Its the whiners out there who he has to make a good showing to. He has done that by issuing his statement not to bring them. He did his part, he's off the hook. As someone else said in another post...The super controls the schools, he can't control the fans. And I figure as many adults brought Tortillas as students. I am sure you will see some fly.

1team1dream
12-02-2003, 11:58 PM
WHO REALLY CARES?! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE TORTILLA THROWING STAY AWAY FROM IT/DONT PARTICIPATE! THE THINGS PEOPLE WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT.... :rolleyes: BRING ON THE TORTILLAS YOUR GOIN TO NEED A LOT OF THEM FOR SEMIS AND STATE!!! :D :D