PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rose (6-0, 0-0) @ Stephenville (4-1, 0-0)

Ville-D
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
May as well start a new thread for this one...

GrTigers6
10-06-2012, 11:58 AM
This game could be any of those scenarios, but i am guessing that if GR wins it will be a close one, I bet that there will be some great offense on both sides of the ball. It will come down to who can stop who on defense

hollywood
10-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Jackets by 14

GrTigers6
10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
We definitly need to have a meet and greet. May be the only game i get to go to until playoffs.

Bosqueville
10-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Jackets by 21. Close in the 1st quarter.

Matthew328
10-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Glen Rose will score a little but I dont see them slowing Stephenville down..I see a 56-21 type game

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
As of today Stephenville is favored to beat....

Alvarado by 22
Glen Rose by 29
Venus by 55
Hillsboro by 75

I think I'll save my vote for the Stephenville/Hillsboro poll. :rolleyes:

:1popcorn:Can you say 50 point blowout.

as of today stephenville is favored to beat....

Alvarado by 22
glen rose by 29
venus by 55
hillsboro by 75

i think i'll save my vote for the stephenville/hillsboro poll. :rolleyes:

Glen Rose will score a little but I dont see them slowing Stephenville down..I see a 56-21 type game:iagree:

Bosqueville
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh Lord that Hillsboro game will be ugly. Send the Freshmen and they'd still win by 50.

OldBison75
10-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Glen Rose is good enough up front on defense to make Stephenville use all of their weapons. The problem is that the weapons Stephenville has will put so much pressure on the rest of the defense that the Glen Rose offense won't be able to keep up. I think the challenge will end by mid-second quarter and the Jackets win by at least 17.

regaleagle
10-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't know what to think.....so I'll just kick back and see what happens. It's Argyle's off week, so I'll be able to keep track of alot of games this week.

83Indian
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Stephenville by 28

Ville-D
10-06-2012, 04:47 PM
We definitly need to have a meet and greet. May be the only game i get to go to until playoffs.

Sounds good. Halftime?

GrTigers6
10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Sounds good. Halftime?

That works for me, We usually meet at the end of the field with the field house, under the score board.

hollywood
10-06-2012, 06:16 PM
This game could be any of those scenarios, but i am guessing that if GR wins it will be a close one, I bet that there will be some great offense on both sides of the ball. It will come down to who can stop who on defense

GrTiger6, I was impressed with Glen Rose last night. They look to have the team this year to compete well in district and make a good playoff run. Good size on both the O-line and D-line. The QB, RB and both WR's are weapons to give any team fits. Looked like great athletes and are playmakers with real good speed. Thames is a BEAST! Just not sure how the DB's will respond to Stephenville's balanced offense. Stephenville's O-line and D-line are big and good enough to win those battles but I'm convinced it's going to be a great game. If anyone is off on Friday night, I'd encourage them to make this game.

I'm thinking This could be a 42-28 type of game with Stephenville pulling away in the second half.

GrTigers6
10-06-2012, 08:54 PM
My thoughts are if stephenville wins then I believe it will be by 10 or more with them pulling away at the end with a late 4 qtr push Mainly due to the depth. If GR wins then I believe it will be on a final drive or defensive stop. But more than likely the score will be 48-42, or 48 -35
Both teams can score . Can't wait to see this team play .

Sville
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Glen Rose is good this year. They will have the best passing offense we have seen to date.

jason
10-07-2012, 09:08 AM
does anybody outside of glen rose think this game will even be close?

something in the 42-14 range is probably pretty close, with the 14 coming in mop up time...

hollywood
10-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Glen Rose is good this year. They will have the best passing offense we have seen to date.

Finally watch film on them?

hollywood
10-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll say it again, it's hard to gauge how "good" Fairfield is because Glen Rose made them look like a JV. Glen Rose moved the ball on their D at will. GR is very well coached and executes their up tempo spread O almost flawlessly.

Fairfield was huge upfront on the O-line and had a few good athletes but could not throw the ball. Very predictable offense in that they are 90% run. GR was in their backfield almost every play. GR's #9 is a BEAST! He wil cause some haveck for Stephenville's O-line.

I'll say it again, it's hard to gauge how "good" Fairfield is because Glen Rose made them look like a JV. Glen Rose moved the ball on their D at will. GR is very well coached and executes their up tempo spread O almost flawlessly.

Fairfield was huge upfront on the O-line and had a few good athletes but could not throw the ball. Very predictable offense in that they are 90% run. GR was in their backfield almost every play. GR's #9 is a BEAST! He wil cause some haveck for Stephenville's O-line.

The only question I have is If Stephenville beats Glen Rose by more points in football or basketball. Its gonna be close 20-30 point range.

toddg
10-07-2012, 04:02 PM
will start slow but in the end the jackets roll...45-18.

GR FAN
10-07-2012, 07:47 PM
At the start of the season I didnt give us much of a chance when I seen this game on the schedule. Those boys from GR have put together a pretty solid team. I think we neeed a good game plan, great play and a little help in the turnover battle to win the game but lets be honest.......................

Blow out GR, yeah who cares you are supposed to, an inopportune turn over or two and GR pulls out the victory then ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sville will be looking to get back to 4A where they can compete.

#1 TEXAN
10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I say ville by 21

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
That works for me, We usually meet at the end of the field with the field house, under the score board.

Why not give them a tour of the "Palace"? Show'em what a nuke plant can buy you.

83Indian
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Why not give them a tour of the "Palace"? Show'em what a nuke plant can buy you.

:clap:

83Indian
10-07-2012, 08:47 PM
At the start of the season I didnt give us much of a chance when I seen this game on the schedule. Those boys from GR have put together a pretty solid team. I think we neeed a good game plan, great play and a little help in the turnover battle to win the game but lets be honest.......................

Blow out GR, yeah who cares you are supposed to, an inopportune turn over or two and GR pulls out the victory then ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sville will be looking to get back to 4A where they can compete.

There's not a lot of upside for Stephenville. You are right. They are supposed to win. But if you can hang close or pull off the win, then you have instant credibility. If you lose, then you were supposed to.

Good luck next week

Ville-D
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
It is a lot like the Stephenville Aleda game... Not a lot of upside for the team that should win. And we blew out the #2 team in 4a.

I don't see that happening for GR. After 1Q the tigers will be licking their wounds.

Ville-D
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM

That is a bit of a drive from Tarleton Memorial Stadium. I don't think we can get over there an back by the end of the half.

Bug Truck
10-07-2012, 10:59 PM
The main problem for GR will be our depth, to many players going both ways.

GrTigers6
10-08-2012, 06:49 AM

The plant had nothing to do with that, It was all Bond Money, Do your homework before you make a stupid Comment!:D

Grahamcheerdad
10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
The Ville by alot

defense51
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Glen Rose will play tough as usual, but in the end I think the jackets offensive weapons will prove to be too much. Stephenville by 21

Bosqueville
10-08-2012, 12:36 PM
The plant had nothing to do with that, It was all Bond Money, Do your homework before you make a stupid Comment!:D

So does no one from Glen Rose work at the plant? I assume it's the main employer which in turn pays for the bond. I see the connection.

hollywood
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
In reference to the poll, what is considered to be a close one? 7, 14, 21 points?

Glen Rose is better than Waco La Vega mostly due to the fact that they can throw the ball. That's my thoughts on a 14 point win by Stephenville.

Hendo
10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm new to 3ADL. How do vote on the polls? It says "You may not vote on this poll" Whats up?

jason
10-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm new to 3ADL. How do vote on the polls? It says "You may not vote on this poll" Whats up?
you have to go into your profile and check the box that says 'enable voting'

outlaw
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM

You have to have 100 posts before you can vote

Sville
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
The main problem for GR will be our depth, to many players going both ways.

We do too, prolly not as much as GR though.

This is a trap game if I have ever seen one. The Jackets just got thru a brutal non-district and there might be a tendency to relax and exhale with a 3A team that Sville has never played before.

1. Glen Rose is very well coached. Coach Dunn brought the uptempo offensive style from Morris with him to Tiger land and put his own twist to it.

2. The Tigers have the best passing attack Sville has seen to date. QB Bretton is a stud.

3. Defensively the Tigers will not be able to hold Sville down, but if they can get in a shootout with us with a couple of opportune turnovers then who knows.

I believe some of yall are way underestimating Glen Rose here.

Grahamerica
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I believe Glen Rose has a good enough team to keep this one exciting.

Hendo
10-08-2012, 05:25 PM

This is a trap game if I have ever seen one. The Jackets just got thru a brutal non-district and there might be a tendency to relax and exhale with a 3A team that Sville has never played before.

1. Glen Rose is very well coached. Coach Dunn brought the uptempo offensive style from Morris with him to Tiger land and put his own twist to it.

2. The Tigers have the best passing attack Sville has seen to date. QB Bretton is a stud.

3. Defensively the Tigers will not be able to hold Sville down, but if they can get in a shootout with us with a couple of opportune turnovers then who knows.

And dont forget the fact that he also probably picked up a thing or to from the Briles era. I believe he was the WR coach for Briles.

Hendo
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
you have to go into your profile and check the box that says 'enable voting'

Thanks for the help!

Bug Truck
10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe Coach Dunn can summon up some of that Briles magic for GR. I do think we will be playing the future 2012 D1 champs friday night. We just need to get through with no significant injurys .

Rabid Cougar
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM

How is that a stupid comment? Just making it more interesting.

GrTigers6
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
How is that a stupid comment? Just making it more interesting.Just messing with ya Rabid!:taunt::evilgrin:

Rabid Cougar
10-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Just messing with ya Rabid!:taunt::evilgrin:

It's actually houses Megatron in its lower floors.

Bug Truck
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Because Glen Rose is according to the State a property rich dist. all of that nuke plant money goes to the state. To date around 700 million . For new Facilities we have to pass bonds just like every other dist. Lucky our parents support our kids. some districts are not so fortunate.

Ville-D
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM

As long as the Coaches and Team are not underestimating anybody we will be fine. The coaches were intense today at practice... looking for perfection on every play. It wasn't a good day to try to go half speed or slow down one bit before the whistle. Glad I wasn't out there.

regaleagle
10-09-2012, 12:04 AM
If I was a casual fan that just looked at the records and didn't have any knowledge of the teams, I'd probably pick Glen Rose in this one. So see, not everybody thinks Stephenville will win, LOL. No, really.....this will be a very good game imo. The Yellowjackets may be pushed here, and shoved a little, too!

garciap77
10-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Glen Rose by 28!

ahs_indian_fan
10-09-2012, 08:45 AM

I think some y'all are way overestimating Glen Rose ... The Tigers' signature win is a 7-point come-from-behind win against an average China Spring team at home. Glen Rose will keep it close for about a quarter and a half before Stephenville pulls away ... 45-17.

jason
10-09-2012, 09:50 AM
i plan on leaving at half time to catch the randy rogers band concert...game should be over by then...

hollywood
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Me too.. may be 3rd qtr though. RR shouldn't start until around 10.

toddg
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
i plan on leaving at half time to catch the randy rogers band concert...game should be over by then...

where is the concert?

jason
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
where is the concert?
city limits

garciap77
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Me too.. may be 3rd qtr though. RR shouldn't start until around 10.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/0002~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Hendo
10-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Accordign to the poll there are three absolutely dilusional members here.

Roughneck93
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I like the Jackets by 24.

hollywood
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Accordign to the poll there are three absolutely dilusional members here.

Ignorance, wishful thinking or just to skew the poll. That's all.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Ignorance, wishful thinking or just to skew the poll. That's all.

I think they just do it to be a smart ass. Especially when a poll or option isn't necessary as in this case. But, I wonder if they know everyone can see how each poster voted? Lol

Hendo
10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok, maybe it is one of those three things. I hope so because I couldnt imagine anybody that out of touch with reality.

toddg
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I think they just do it to be a smart ass. Especially when a poll or option isn't necessary as in this case. But, I wonder if they know everyone can see how each poster voted? Lol

how did i vote?..i cant remember!

Hendo
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Toddg, you are just some what out of touch with reality. Not as bad as others. Maybe its just been a long week for some folks. :)

toddg
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Toddg, you are just some what out of touch with reality. Not as bad as others. Maybe its just been a long week for some folks. :)

these 12 hour shifts iv been working are envasive of the reality portion of my brain..ill be back to full strength next week when i take some time off...

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Maybe Coach Dunn can summon up some of that Briles magic for GR. I do think we will be playing the future 2012 D1 champs friday night. We just need to get through with no significant injurys .

Weight Room vs Nukes - Winner Nukes (it is hard to lift when your skin is peeling off)
SYJ Art Dust vs GRT Art Dust - Close... But. winner SYJ (it all started here)
Aliens vs Nukes - Winner Aliens (they eat nukes)

Its gonna be a close one.

WhadaYallThnk?

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 10:14 PM

You voted: Jackets in a Close One

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 10:15 PM
these 12 hour shifts iv been working are envasive of the reality portion of my brain..ill be back to full strength next week when i take some time off...

You better take some time off next week and be preparing form my arrival to Alvarado on Friday the 19th. What time are you getting to the field?

toddg
10-09-2012, 10:40 PM
You better take some time off next week and be preparing form my arrival to Alvarado on Friday the 19th. What time are you getting to the field?

early! around 545-6ish, the parking is, should i say, dubious! im buying my tickets tomorrow before i go to work..going to be a packed house! you need to go and watch our JV that thursday at tarleton..they are good! ill be at henderson jh watching my son go for the freshman A team.

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
early! around 545-6ish, the parking is, should i say, dubious! im buying my tickets tomorrow before i go to work..going to be a packed house! you need to go and watch our JV that thursday at tarleton..they are good! ill be at henderson jh watching my son go for the freshman A team.

I'll come see you on Thursday.

ccmom
10-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm gonna say Cricketville wins 35-17

toddg
10-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I'll come see you on Thursday.

coolness!

Ville-D
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm gonna say Cricketville wins 35-17

So far this has been an unusually cricket free year... Hopefully I didn't screw it up by mentioning it.

franz
10-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Glen Rose by 28!

TSK TSK Garcia. Apparently, you have not been paying attention to the Stephenville posters. They are the best and cannot be beat(We are talking Texas not Mexico). Jones and Gunter are nothing compared to the defense. Glen Rose by 29:tongue:

hollywood
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
TSK TSK Garcia. Apparently, you have not been paying attention to the Stephenville posters. They are the best and cannot be beat(We are talking Texas not Mexico). Jones and Gunter are nothing compared to the defense. Glen Rose by 29:tongue:

Lol typical franz comment!

Then by your logic, BS by 35 vs AW. lol

Hendo
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM

IDK guys. Im really starting to think that I was right about some of these board members being dilusional. I think Paris Hilton is the only person that is this out of touch with reality. :crazy:

franz
10-10-2012, 01:24 PM

I will go with that, Wylie hasn't played anybody. They are slow and weak and our playbook is no good and now have to play a team that has a QB whose brother is an NFL QB. Wylie does not stand a chance.

But I bet our band is better!

hollywood
10-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I will go with that, Wylie hasn't played anybody. They are slow and weak and our playbook is no good and now have to play a team that has a QB whose brother is an NFL QB. Wylie does not stand a chance.

But I bet our band is better!

You're right! Graham thought they were good.. where does that put them if y'all spanked them by 28?!

Sad times indeed. :(

toddg
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
You're right! Graham thought they were good.. where does that put them if y'all spanked them by 28?!

Sad times indeed. :(http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10272/shark2.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Deuce
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM

Sad times indeed. :(

If nothing else I guess their better than your old bandwagon team the Loins.

outlaw
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Hollywood has more than a few loose screws, just ignore him.

hollywood
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Hollywood has more than a few loose screws, just ignore him.

Says the pot to the kettle. :wave:

Grahamerica
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Does anybody know where I can get an application to become a Stephenville fan?

outlaw
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Ask hollywood, every year he jumps on the winning teams' bandwagon, he should know

BwdLion73
10-10-2012, 04:54 PM
QUOTE=outlaw;1701752]Ask hollywood, every year he jumps on the winning teams' bandwagon, he should know[/QUOTE]

:eek::1popcorn::eek:

Grahamerica
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Ask hollywood, every year he jumps on the winning teams' bandwagon, he should know

OK, thanks.

upper20
10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I just voted and clicked the wrong button - move one from Tigers to Jackets. Don't guess there is a way to change?

hollywood
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Wrong again. You're clueless and lost.

Anyway, how about those Jacket!

Sville
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Here ya go: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1034.0

hornet07
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
stephenville by 21... to much passing for glen rose

hollywood
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
stephenville by 21... to much passing for glen rose

I think you hit a point hornet. Stephenville has played some really solid teams so far that have had various looks offensively. Starting in week 1 with 4A #2 Aledo who can run and pass very effectively. Then speedy running attacks in Ozen, La Vega and Amarillo. Stephenville controlled the lines of scrimmage enough to do run their game plan defensively to make the stops.

Glen Rose hasn't really played anyone as solid and defenitely hasn't played against an offensive attack as touted as Stephenville's. The key to this game is going to be the big boys in the trenches. Stephenville will be too strong up front on both sides of the ball for Glen Rose to execute their game plan.

#1 TEXAN
10-10-2012, 10:00 PM
OK, thanks.

Do like Hollywood and just check the rankings every Monday and then go for that team until they get beat or someone jumps them .

hollywood
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Do like Hollywood and just check the rankings every Monday and then go for that team until they get beat or someone jumps them .

Good try #1 Texan. You're on the bandwagon too?

#1 TEXAN
10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Start with week zero, were they pretty solid?

Ville-D
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM

As far as I know, he stuck by us after we got hit with the Spanish flu week 0. As long as he is paying taxes here, he might as well be a fan.

#1 TEXAN
10-10-2012, 10:17 PM
He must move a lot, I bet he has already applied for jobs in wyile.

Ville-D
10-10-2012, 10:22 PM

It'd have to be some really tough times for many to do that. Heck he is a CEO over here in the Ville.

hollywood
10-10-2012, 11:38 PM

Never heard of it.

hollywood
10-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Or even worse, I could be a Steer fan! Lol

hollywood
10-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Anyways, back on topic. Is there going to be a meet and greet? Look forward to talking to these Glen Rose folks.

:taunt:
Anyways, back on topic. Is there going to be a meet and greet? Look forward to talking to these Glen Rose folks.

Going to be a meet and beat. Ville up!!!:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::ta unt::taunt::taunt:

garciap77
10-11-2012, 07:22 AM

Come on SillyVilleJacket!!! You know you're scared!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/bee-7.gif

garciap77
10-11-2012, 07:29 AM

He told me he got it at the Whataburger in Early!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/viannen_69.gif

P.S. He's known as LionJacket in Brown County!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/music-081.gif

hollywood
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
He told me he got it at the Whataburger in Early!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/viannen_69.gif

P.S. He's known as LionJacket in Brown County!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/music-081.gif

Did you know they have one of those in Dublin too?? I was shocked!!

hollywood
10-11-2012, 09:25 AM
:taunt:

Going to be a meet and beat. Ville up!!!:taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt::ta unt::taunt:

LOL.. I think to smooth things over with them at halftime, we should talk about their chances of beating Alvarado. :1popcorn:

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Sounds good. Halftime?

Looks like Halftime by the Scoreboard on the Field House side... Who will be there? Will it be like the fight scene in Anchorman? I'm bringing a Trident (the spear not the gum) just in case...

jason
10-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Looks like Halftime by the Scoreboard on the Field House side... Who will be there? Will it be like the fight scene in Anchorman? I'm bringing a Trident (the spear not the gum) just in case...
i might make an appearance - stephenville folks will know if im there or not.
ill have a hand grenade.

GrTigers6
10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I will be there with a can of Wasp & Hornet killer. Works on Yellowjackets too!:taunt::D

toddg
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
LOL.. I think to smooth things over with them at halftime, we should talk about their chances of beating Alvarado. :1popcorn:

not very good..but, it will be a good one..they are certainly capable.

Sville
10-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,,,,,,

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Cody posted these on SYJ.com... I thought I'd share here too. 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEcN3OwBTg8

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
2 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliRzsoCKtk

jason
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
wow, they really think they have a chance, huh...

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Good Article about the game and Coaching match up:

Long-time friends face off in district opener

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/news/local/article_6ca61b0e-13b8-11e2-b56a-0019bb2963f4.html

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/65/965897a6-13b8-11e2-8a58-0019bb2963f4/5076e63a9e539.image.jpg

toddg
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
those are some good kids in Glen Rose..they gave us all we wanted last year..the 37-9 score does not reflect how close that game was..they play hard and are well coached..should be a good game tomorrow nite..they will not back down for sure.

Cody posted these on SYJ.com... I thought I'd share here too. 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEcN3OwBTg8

I want to see the Glen Rose after the game video. Good luck fellas

hollywood
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Anyone has a chance and after watching GR last Friday... they looked to be the most solid team Stephenville has faced so far this year. Now, take that for what it's worth because they were playing Fairfield. Not exactly what you call power house. ;)

toddg
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
meanwhile in Alvarado...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/cutting-wood-098.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

garciap77
10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/bee-0174.gifGlen Rose by 35!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/bee-0174.gif

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/bee-0174.gifGlen Rose by 35!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/bee-0174.gif

They are a good ways form 35. They are right on 67 though.

garciap77
10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
They are a good ways form 35. They are right on 67 though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/LadyFire/Holidays%20n%20Such/Halloween/invisibleman.gif

outlaw
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Glen Rose by 36 lol

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
The game will be decided by about 28 points.

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 09:58 PM
JV: 40-9 Ville over GR
Fr: 18-0 Ville over GR

Ville-D
10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
MaxPreps #7 Game of the Week

Glen Rose [6-0] at Stephenville [4-1]
Game date: Friday
Glen Rose's state rank: 69
Stephenville's state rank: 10
Projected: Stephenville 40, Glen Rose 21

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/TDHpkofgGEO8AejQs9J1Fg/top-texas-high-school-football-games-of-the-week-with-projections.htm

hollywood
10-12-2012, 09:23 AM
MaxPreps #7 Game of the Week

Glen Rose [6-0] at Stephenville [4-1]
Game date: Friday
Glen Rose's state rank: 69
Stephenville's state rank: 10
Projected: Stephenville 40, Glen Rose 21

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/TDHpkofgGEO8AejQs9J1Fg/top-texas-high-school-football-games-of-the-week-with-projections.htm

Hmm 19 points... think it'll be that close?

LionFan72
10-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Hmm 19 points... think it'll be that close?

I dont, more like 24! Ville romps!! Should be good game to the half.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 12:50 PM
I dont, more like 24! Ville romps!! Should be good game to the half.

I believe that at one point in the game Stephenville will be up by 35. It might not end that way, but I think we will hit that mark at one point.

6 hrs 39 min 30 sec till go time.

hollywood
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
I believe that at one point in the game Stephenville will be up by 35. It might not end that way, but I think we will hit that mark at one point.

6 hrs 39 min 30 sec till go time.

You know Ville-D, I won't be surprised. The DB's for GR look very vulnerable. Let me put my Rocket hat on for a second.. Stephenville has way too many weapons! LOL

Matthew328
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
You know Ville-D, I won't be surprised. The DB's for GR look very vulnerable. Let me put my Rocket hat on for a second.. Stephenville has way too many weapons! LOL

old school bowl..Gillespie vs. Dunn....lots of Artdust and squat racks on the field

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I want to listen to this game tonite on the internet. Give us the link to the website. Argyle is off tonite, so I'll be roaming around for different games to listen to. And BTW, I think it will be the GR passing game that will be the key for the Tigers. If they can't hit a few big plays in the 1st half, or at least come out in the 2nd behind by only 7, they will be in for a tough nite. Conversely, if the Yellowjackets make mistakes and GR is able to captitalize on a few of them, this game could get interesting in the 4th. Anything can happen, mainly because you have to remember that GR is capable of scoring points. I do not see Stephenville shutting them down. GR will need to play clean offensively, and get a few quality stops or turnovers on D to have a chance.

the Ville 89
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
JV: 40-9 Ville over GR
Fr: 18-0 Ville over GR

Honestly hope tonight's game is better than last nights, the only reason GR got the 9 points is because the Jackets had their second and third string defensive line playing the whole second half.

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Honestly hope tonight's game is better than last nights, the only reason GR got the 9 points is because the Jackets had their second and third string defensive line playing the whole second half.

I wouldn't give too much creedence to the JV score. It does not correlate to what this varsity squad for GR has been able to accomplish.

toddg
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM

Alvarado's JV is much better than GRs...so next week as a whole will be greatness! my son plays on the freshman team so he'll be playing at henderson jh next thursday..im thinking i might catch the JV game at Tarleton afterwards though.

the Ville 89
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't give too much creedence to the JV score. It does not correlate to what this varsity squad for GR has been able to accomplish.

Hope you are correct, I'm ready to see a good game.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
The link to the station with the game is www.kstvfm.com

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 04:30 PM
3 hours... TICK TOCK

hollywood
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Alvarado's JV is much better than GRs...so next week as a whole will be greatness! my son plays on the freshman team so he'll be playing at henderson jh next thursday..im thinking i might catch the JV game at Tarleton afterwards though.

Should be a doozy. The RB #47 for Stephenville's Fresh A is a hoss!! Watch for him, he's good! Only team to shut them out was Brownwood's Fresh team. Brownwood's freshman team is GOOD!

Sville
10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
If you lose the Internet radio feed you can follow me giving live updates on Twitter @SYJcom1

jason
10-12-2012, 07:24 PM
just an observation, but stephenville might have the worst school song in the history of school songs...

defense51
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Updates?

Tin Cup
10-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Updates?

GR 14-7 late 1st

Tin Cup
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
14 all

defense51
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
14 all

Thanks Tin Cup

theville
10-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks Tin Cup

21-14 Stephenville.

theville
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
28 -14 Stephenville

theville
10-12-2012, 08:41 PM
28-17 Stephenville Half. GR kicks FG right before halftime.

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 09:02 PM
So how does GR look? Would you give them a chance in the 2nd half to close the gap? Looks like I said....they can score. Just need to be extremely clean offensively and hope for a few turnovers.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
If it is like it was against Amarillo, them the D should tighten up after the halftime talk.

defense51
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Sounds like the Jackets found their groove

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
glen rose recovers onside kick.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Glen Rose runs a double pass completed inside Stephenville 30 but called back on holding.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Jackets force 3 and out. Jackets start at own 15.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Glen Rose forces 3 and out.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Game getting a little sloppy with the penalties. Glen Rose returns punt 48 yards for a touchdown. 28-24 Stephenville 9:24 in the 3rd.

theville
10-12-2012, 09:29 PM
28-24 Stephenville. GR Punt Return for a TD.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Stephenville getting out played. Intensity issues again.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Jackets wake up, 3 straight first downs out to 47 on 3 plays.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
35-24 25 yard touchdown pass.

83Indian
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
District 7 top 3 teams looking tough to beat. The new district of doom?

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I do not know what the district of doom is but if you know coach Dunn this is not a suprise the way his team is playing. They have been absolutely smacked in the mouth and continue to get back up. There will be some sore Tigers in the morning.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
5th penalty in 5 minutes of play by Stephenville. :tisk:

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Glen Rose runs it out past mid-field. This will come down to the end of the game.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Glen Rose down to the 28 of Stephenville.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Touchdown Glen Rose. 35-30 Stephenville 4:06 left in 3rd.

IndianFan2012
10-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Go district 7!

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Fumble, Glen Rose takes over at own 37. 35-30 Stephenville late 3rd.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:57 PM
End of the 3rd. 35-30 Stephenville.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 09:59 PM
3 and 12 from mid field. Glen Rose completes pass inside the 10.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Stephenville stops on 3rd down, Glen Rose trys FG 32 yd field goal. Missed it short.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Under 7:30 to go 35-30 Jackets inside Glen Rose 30. 3 and 8 from 28, Jackets get first down inside the 20.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Jackets milking the clock. Under 6 mins to go from the 10, Jackets down to the 1 yard line first and goal.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Touchdown Stephenville 41-30, just over 5 minutes to go. Jackets talking about going for two. Not sure why.

Failed 2 pt conversion. Just made it a two possession game?????

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Fumble Glen Rose, Stephenville picks it up and runs it in for score. 48-30 Stephenville.

theville
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
To say that Glen Rose is the real deal is a real big under statement....

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Very impressed by Glen Rose. QB is as tough as they come. Stephenville had some lapses in concentration again tonight, no time to rest. Have to get ready to go next.

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
48-30 final Stephenville wins.

OldBison75
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Congratulations to the Jackets. Sounded like it was still in doubt in the fourth quarter. GR played very well and will make noise in the playoffs. They will be a dangerous team for anybody to face.

GrTigers6
10-12-2012, 10:37 PM
It was a great game! We had a few miscues at the end that took us out. The stop after the jacket fumble was huge for stephenville. I believe that have them back the momentum. I do want to say I was pretty sure it wouldn't be a blowout! Wish I could see next weeks game with Alvarado. Good luck to both teams

vtskneb
10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Glen Rose is going to be a tough out for just about anyone.

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Glen Rose validated tonight what I saw last week in that they are for real!

Very good offense. GR pulled out all the stops tonight and with a few more misqueus by SV, they could have made it real interesting in the end. Props to Coach Dunn and the Tigers! They will give the rest of Dist 7 all they want and then some. Look out Alvarado, they will get their points.

I'll be rooting for GR from here on out. They can play some good HS football!

GrTigers6
10-12-2012, 11:14 PM
What happened to the meet and greet by the way? I was there!

83Indian
10-12-2012, 11:18 PM
So does Glen Rose move up in the polls with such a good quality loss?

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I couldn't make it.. wife decided to stay home. I had kids running wild.. I was on the hunt in case she showed up! :D

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:21 PM
So does Glen Rose move up in the polls with such a good quality loss?

In polls, probably not. In my book, YES!

GrTigers6
10-12-2012, 11:25 PM
I couldn't make it.. wife decided to stay home. I had kids running wild.. I was on the hunt in case she showed up! :Dhaha that's funny!

Sville
10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Just like hollywood, the Tigers validated what I have been saying all week. They were good especially on offense. We hadn't seen a team that could run and pass out of the spread as well as they do, and we had trouble with it. Coach Dunn had a great game plan and the kids executed it well.

Stephenville got all they wanted tonight. It was a good physical ballgame.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 11:42 PM
What happened to the meet and greet by the way? I was there!

I was there for about the first 10 minutes... I finally left and went back up to the stands.

Ville-D
10-13-2012, 12:04 AM
The true Region 1 GotW? You tell me.

Glen Rose (6-0, 0-0) @ Stephenville (4-1, 0-0)

Replies: 187 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=119627)
Views: 5,662

vs

Abilene Wylie(5-0) Vs. Big Spring(5-0)

Replies: 28 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=119662)
Views: 936

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:14 AM
The true Region 1 GotW? You tell me.

Glen Rose (6-0, 0-0) @ Stephenville (4-1, 0-0)

Replies: 187 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=119627)
Views: 5,662

vs

Abilene Wylie(5-0) Vs. Big Spring(5-0)

Replies: 28 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=119662)
Views: 936

I thought the same thing earlier! We're on the same page.

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:16 AM
IDK guys. Im really starting to think that I was right about some of these board members being dilusional. I think Paris Hilton is the only person that is this out of touch with reality. :crazy:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/image010-32_zps8762a1ee.gif

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:28 AM

He used to live in Early by the Whataburger, then after the 2010 season he kind of just wondered around until the realignments came around, then he moved to Dublin, right next to the Whataburger, and then rest it's history! That's what I heard at the Whataburger in Early! He's known as the "LionJacket" in Brown county, maybe it's "LoinsJacket" or something like that!;)

Hendo
10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/image010-32_zps8762a1ee.gif

Your point? It was still a three touch down game! Only thing that kept the wind in GR sails is the 15 yarders we managed to rack up. Far from a GR blow out like you predicted. It was Stephenville in a close one at best. Still a blow out IMO. :2thumbsup

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Congratulations to the Jackets!

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Your point? It was still a three touch down game! Only thing that kept the wind in GR sails is the 15 yarders we managed to rack up. Far from a GR blow out like you predicted. It was Stephenville in a close one at best. Still a blow out IMO. :2thumbsup

Just trying to :stirpot:!:)

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:39 AM
I couldn't make it.. wife decided to stay home. I had kids running wild.. I was on the hunt in case she showed up! :D

:lies:

Hollywoodhttp://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Angelintown/Smiley%20diversen/schiet-is-op.gif

;)

hollywood
10-13-2012, 09:45 AM
He used to live in Early by the Whataburger, then after the 2010 season he kind of just wondered around until the realignments came around, then he moved to Dublin, right next to the Whataburger, and then rest it's history! That's what I heard at the Whataburger in Early! He's known as the "LionJacket" in Brown county, maybe it's "LoinsJacket" or something like that!;)

LOL!! Ha, GP77 It's Jacketwood! Come on, get with the program! Apps at Whataburger's across Texas. Just think, you could be a Jacketdog or a JackWylie!

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:48 AM
LOL!! Ha, GP77 It's Jacketwood! Come on, get with the program! Apps at Whataburger's across Texas. Just think, you could be a Jacketdog or a JackWylie!

LOL When is Tincup and #1 Lions Fan hopping on the bandwagon?:D

Tin Cup
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM

I only have 1 team and that's the Brownwood Lions. Period

hollywood
10-13-2012, 10:05 AM

They don't have the same cercumatances as I. I've lived in the Ville for over 17 years. Graduating from Brownwood, that's a feat!! They took me in, treated me very well and even have me a can!

Btw, Rocket paid me to back him up over the last several years. Contract expired so I decided to go separate ways. :crying:

Hendo
10-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Just trying to :stirpot:!:)

So I've noticed!!:1popcorn:

garciap77
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM

:2thumbsup

Sville
10-13-2012, 10:58 AM

The Wood will be back once this years group of freshman start making an impact on varsity.

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Alvarado vs Stephenville!