PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny at La Marque

Scoop27
10-06-2012, 09:19 AM
The Bulldogs will have their hands full against the Cougars who should win by at least three TDs

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 09:20 AM
This one's tough for the scrappy Bulldogs.

SweenyBulldog
10-06-2012, 09:40 AM
From the Sweeny vs Edna game I went to the running backs can run and the defense will play lights out tired or not. Unfortunately they have had too many starting players injured from what I've heard and they don't have a lot of depth from what I've seen. I hope they win and they have managed to keep it close in their last games but la marque will run away with this one.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2012, 11:12 AM
This one is gonna get ugly

Dogs_21
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
LM by 4TD's .... I don't see anybody in our district beating them.

1971Coogs
10-07-2012, 07:21 AM
La Marque is preparing for the playoffs this season pretty much like it did during the 90's when they made it to the title game 6 years in a row. Scheduling tough opponents with stout defenses and high powered offenses.
This year's version of La Marque is in a reloading year. After losing "All World" running back Tim Wright to graduation, 4 year QB starter Emmanuel Williams (attending Dartmouth) and the twin tower receivers Bryan Allen and Ed Hill, La Marque has only one returning starter on offense in 2012. They also lost 2-time all state defensive player Ken Butler to graduation.
Save for the complete demolition of Galveston Ball High, all of La Marque's non-district opponents have been exactly what the doctor ordered. Head Coach/Athletic Director Dr. Mike Jackson was able to finally pick the non-district opponents of his choosing this year. After taking over the reins in La Marque last year, he had to finish up the 2 year flip-flop schedule his predecessor Darrell Jordan left him with in 2011. Which was a cream puff non-district schedule to say the least.
La Marque defeated perennial rival Texas City (which almost upset #1 Ranked in 4A Pearland-Dawson) 34-21 in a tough physical game, which pretty well set the stage for what type of non-district schedule Coach Jackson had in store.
The third game of the season was an overtime loss to Coldspring, which was a much needed wake-up call. La Marque committed way too many penalties and did not play with intensity it has earned it's reputation on. The La Marque Mystique and Swagger took a night off that night and found itself recommitting back on the track of excellence.
La Marque rebounded with a convincing victory over a much larger and stronger Lamar Consolidated opponent the following week.
This set up a highly anticipated contest against nationally ranked quarterback (and A&M commit)Kohl Stewart at St.Pius X. SPX averaged 40 points and more than 400 yds per game of offense coming into the contest against La Marque. La Marque's defense limited SPX to 200 yards of offense and 14 points.
So the non-district schedule has done what it was supposed to do....prepare the team for some stiff competition from Sweeny, West Columbia and Stafford.
One piece of the puzzle was added in though. Coach Jackson prepared his team for a road trip to Dallas by scheduling a non-district game against (currently undefeated) Dallas-Bishop during a (would have been) bye week on October 26th.
La Marque is very excited to host the Sweeny Bulldogs !!