PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado vs Glen Rose Game

This is the best district game as far as being competitive. :stirpot:

toddg
10-05-2012, 02:10 PM
As a means to success, determination has this advantage over talent - that it does not have to be recognized by others.

Sville
10-05-2012, 03:23 PM
As my daddy told me one time after I said to him, "I ain't scared of you"

"You don't have to be scared of me to get your @$$ whooped"

toddg
10-05-2012, 03:43 PM
There are plenty of teams capable of defeating our team...but none will "whoop" our arsehttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock-emoticons/monster-emoticon-0002.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

defense51
10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
As my daddy told me one time after I said to him, "I ain't scared of you"

"You don't have to be scared of me to get your @$$ whooped"

Did you get it whooped or just get a quote for future reference?

hollywood
10-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I tell you right now, Glen Rose is going to make some noise in district! They looked pretty darn good against Fairfield!

They have speed, a great QB and run a fast tempo spread attack.

Defense is stout up front and swarm to the ball.

Fairfield has athletes and run mostly but pretty soft.

Could be the best team Stephenville will face in next weeks game.

Alvarado, get ready. They can throw the football!

toddg
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I tell you right now, Glen Rose is going to make some noise in district! They looked pretty darn good against Fairfield!

They have speed, a great QB and run a fast tempo spread attack.

Defense is stout up front and swarm to the ball.

Fairfield has athletes and run mostly but pretty soft.

Could be the best team Stephenville will face in next weeks game.

Alvarado, get ready. They can throw the football!

Yeah, they are pretty much the same team we have been playing against the last couple of years...you ain't tellin us anything we don't already know.

hollywood
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, they are pretty much the same team we have been playing against the last couple of years...you ain't tellin us anything we don't already know.

They look a lot better than last years team. We'll see how they fair against Stephenville next week. Fairfield was not a good opponent to gaige them against. Score was 31-0 at the half. Glen Rose could have put up another 30 points in the second half easily.

toddg
10-05-2012, 11:29 PM
They look a lot better than last years team. We'll see how they fair against Stephenville next week. Fuairfield was not a good opponent to gaige them against. Score was 31-0 at the half. Glen Rose could have put up another 30 points in the second half easily.
I hear ya we never look past them they can light it up on ya if you you do, that's fo sho!!

#1 TEXAN
10-06-2012, 01:04 AM
They look a lot better than last years team. We'll see how they fair against Stephenville next week. Fairfield was not a good opponent to gaige them against. Score was 31-0 at the half. Glen Rose could have put up another 30 points in the second half easily.

Nobody in this district will even come close to playing with stephenville they will man handle every team.

regaleagle
10-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Never say never.....every dawg has his day. An even yellowjackets slow down in cold weather. That's when you can smack em dead, haha. Just a play on words for all you Beebuzzers over there in Villeland. Everybody knows your football tradition, and this year's team is very good. But that bullseye y'all are wearing on the back of your jerseys is mighty tempting for the right team to pick off. May hafta happen on a cold nite later this season, though, haha.

toddg
10-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Nobody in this district will even come close to playing with stephenville they will man handle every team.

Exactly where are they going to "manhandle" Alvarado at? OL, DL? Where? Please enlighten me...you seemingly are the expert on what Alvarado has and what they don't have...do you think our OL is not physical enough? Or is #99 going to be over matched? What's your assessment/scouting report ...so I can better understand this match up.

Sville
10-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Sville will whoop Alvarado this year. It won't be close.

GrTigers6
10-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I havent seen Glen Rose play this year but they obviously have a good defense and somehow managed to improve their offense from last year after losing 5 of the six lineman. It will be two interesting games to start the district off. One thing about it though GR will be battle tested after those games win or lose.

I havent seen Glen Rose play this year but they obviously have a good defense and somehow managed to improve their offense from last year after losing 5 of the six lineman. It will be two interesting games to start the district off. One thing about it though GR will be battle tested after those games win or lose.

Glen Rose will be 2-2 in district.
Stephenville 4-0
Alvarado 3-1
Hillsboro 0-4 or 1-3
Venus 1-3 or 0-4

83Indian
10-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Today, I would give Alvarado a slight 7 point edge. I think our defense is good enough to limit Glen Rose to 2 td's. It will be close.

However thats three weeks away. Both Alvarado and Glen Rose will have played Stephenville and we will get a better read on how good both teams are after that. Also injuries could possibly come into play.

District 7 will be battle tested for the playoffs which in my opinion gives Alvarado and Glen Rose an advantage for a good playoff run this year.

BTW, I'm not discounting the possibility of the Indians pulling off the shocker against the Ville! :taunt:

Today, I would give Alvarado a slight 7 point edge. I think our defense is good enough to limit Glen Rose to 2 td's. It will be close.

However thats three weeks away. Both Alvarado and Glen Rose will have played Stephenville and we will get a better read on how good both teams are after that. Also injuries could possibly come into play.

District 7 will be battle tested for the playoffs which in my opinion gives Alvarado and Glen Rose an advantage for a good playoff run this year.

BTW, I'm not discounting the possibility of the Indians pulling off the shocker against the Ville! :taunt:

If that happens it will be more than a shocker.

toddg
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Sville will whoop Alvarado this year. It won't be close.

you sound like Apollo Creed in Rocky II!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/lmaosmiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

toddg
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
If that happens it will be more than a shocker.

for the Stephenville fans, probably...for the Alvarado fans, not so much....

PurpleReign2011
10-06-2012, 05:11 PM
This game is like 3 weeks away. Probably don't need to be talking about it yet. But one thing is for sure.....this will be the most importan game in the district all year. Stephenville will go D1, regardless of what place they finish in. But this game will determine the D2 standings. Both want to go in as the number 1 team in D2 inorder to get an eaiser 1st round game. Both teams are very good, and with the bad blood Glen Rose probably has towards Alvarado, this should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

PurpleReign2011
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
And why is Stephenville talking trash? This is the Alvarado Glen Rose thread. Go talk trash in yalls own thread.

83Indian
10-06-2012, 06:19 PM
And why is Stephenville talking trash? This is the Alvarado Glen Rose thread. Go talk trash in yalls own thread.

Stephenville started this thread.

hollywood
10-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Have you watched GR or Stv play a game this year?

Ville-D
10-06-2012, 10:39 PM

I have... :wave:

83Indian
10-06-2012, 10:59 PM

I have listened to two (Stephenville vs. Aledo and Amarillo). No doubt about how good they are and I have said they are probably the best team in both 3A and 4A. I have not seen Glen Rose. We have both played China Springs and Alvarado fared a little better than Glen Rose. I don't know for sure at this point but think our defense is better than Glen Rose's defense. Our offense has struggled somewhat the last three games and by somewhat I mean not consistently moving the ball. I anticipate Coach Dixon will have some adjustments made by the time we play Stephenville and Glen Rose. Were well aware of how good Glen Rose is. Last year they were within striking distance starting the fourth quarter before we pulled away. I anticipate they are better this year.

bp80884
10-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Alvarado is the 3rd best team in their district and could slip out of the playoffs with a slip.

Ville-D
10-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Alvarado is the 3rd best team in their district and could slip out of the playoffs with a slip.

After next week Venus will be the only undefeated team in 7-3a. They will be at the top of the heap - the big dogs....

defense51
10-07-2012, 03:30 AM

Obviously still reeling from your loss to the Indians! :weeping:

bp80884
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM

No, just a reality check.

hollywood
10-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Defense51, I haven't watched Alvarado this year, but after watching Glen Rose Friday night, they are as close to Stephenville's caliber I've seen this year. bp80884 has a very valid point.

hollywood
10-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Defense51, I haven't watched Alvarado this year, but after watching Glen Rose Friday night, they are as close to Stephenville's caliber I've seen this year. bp80884 has a very valid point.

defense51
10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
You may be right Hollywood, but since you haven't seen Alvarado play and you're gauging Glen Rose from playing a less than stellar team I think your view is slightly skewed. As far as bp80884 making a valid point, any team that slips up in district play could miss the playoffs...

hollywood
10-07-2012, 09:52 PM
You may be right Hollywood, but since you haven't seen Alvarado play and you're gauging Glen Rose from playing a less than stellar team I think your view is slightly skewed. As far as bp80884 making a valid point, any team that slips up in district play could miss the playoffs...

I hear ya D51, but you know when you watch a team's execution and with very good athletic talent you know. That's how Glen Rose looked. Even though they played a mediocre Fairfield, they were just coasting and had that explosive gear that they could have cranked up if needed. We'll see how they do against Stephenville this week. Only weakness I saw was their secondary. Stephenville will expose that Friday I hope.