PDA

View Full Version : German Guy Falls in Love with Texas BBQ

Matthew328
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/food/2012-10-03/visiting-german-journalist-become-texas-bbq-convert/

I know the feeling

jason
10-04-2012, 09:55 AM
I wanted to handle the meat. But after two hours of hard work, I gave up.

that made me laugh

anybody else catch all the meat euphemisms ??

hollywood
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Lol.. yeah. That guy is hooked. Good chance Germans will have a pitmaster soon.

It's BBQ for for me today!

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Guess I'll hafta to go git some BBQ for lunch today, lol. Can't do without it for a week anyways. And it's been about a week. Sometimes I eat it twice a week. I wonder is this German guy was even treated to some Tex-Mex. That's a whole different enchilada, and has its own search for the Holy Grail.

hollywood
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Guess I'll hafta to go git some BBQ for lunch today, lol. Can't do without it for a week anyways. And it's been about a week. Sometimes I eat it twice a week. I wonder is this German guy was even treated to some Tex-Mex. That's a whole different enchilada, and has its own search for the Holy Grail.

Yes it is! But IMHO... nothing beats great BBQ and a cold frosty!

Did you say Holy Grail??

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Who goes there?
King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Pull the other one!
King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? Ridden on a horse?
King Arthur: Yes!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You're using coconuts!
King Arthur: What?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
King Arthur: Please!

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Hollywood, you certainly have a STRANGE sense of humor, LOL. I guess that username fits you to a Tee. And what flavor have you been savoring this early A.M., haha.

hollywood
10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Hollywood, you certainly have a STRANGE sense of humor, LOL. I guess that username fits you to a Tee. And what flavor have you been savoring this early A.M., haha.

LOL... when I saw "search for the Holy Grail" in your post earlier, I couldn't help but think of the classic Monty Python flick. So I posted a few quotes from a scene I thought was funny. Thought everyone had watched that movie!

SintonFan
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM

*groan* :D

SintonFan
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/food/2012-10-03/visiting-german-journalist-become-texas-bbq-convert/

I know the feeling

Matt, I almost cried... great article. :)

(going home because I am now ravenously hungry)