PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 5 GotW: Bridge City(2-2) Vs. Japser(3-1)

Yoe_09
10-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Bridge City(2-2)
L 35-12 to Newton
L 45-7 to Vidor
W 35-0 over Beaumont Kelly
W 28-24 over Buna

Vs.

Jasper(3-1)
W 49-13 over Liberty
W 55-14 over Orangefield
W 53-13 over Kirbyville
L 17-7 to West Orange-Stark

Thoughts & Predictions?

WOS1
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
This game will not be close.

Yoe_09
10-02-2012, 10:35 PM
More than likely. BC barely gets by Buna, 28-24. Kirbybille takes Buna, 31-16. Jasper beats Kirybyville, 53-13. If you look at is this way, then it could get ugly.

There really aren't any worthy games this week. Carthage should easily take Rusk. I believe the Palestine & Pittsburg game will probably not be all that close, and Center have little problems with CC. Overall, just a weak schedule for RIII this week.

GUNHO
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Jasper to much for BC this year.

j_dog
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Jasper to much for BC this year.
True, unless Jasper is looking past them. Then, it could be bad news for Jasper.

defense51
10-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Jasper by 14

WOS1
10-06-2012, 09:17 AM
21-7 was waaaaaaaaay closer than I ever dreamed this game would be. Guess that's why they play them on the field, right?:doh:

jdawg2012
10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Got a little bit to rant about from this game. And it has nothing to do with the actual game. It has to do with the way Bridge City players conduct themselves. I work the chains at Jasper, so I am on the visitor sideline (Bridge City for this one). Everyone knows that players and coaches are supposed to stay inside a box on the sideline that is 2-3 yards back from the sideline and goes from each 25 yard line. Coaches normally don't and that's overlooked, which is fine because they're adults and know to get out of the way when we're coming through with the chains. This game however, the entire team was out of the box and in the way. By the second quarter we had to start pushing players out of the way and using the chains as battering rams to get through because they refused to move. When this started instead of moving out of the way, the players just started cussing us and even shoving us as we went by. They would try to tell us that we were leaving the chain slack at certain times. The worst part of all night was when a player got hit and proceeded to tell one of us "Hit me again f****er and I'll f**k you up." A coach AND the line judge heard this and did nothing about it. We got no help all night and ended up pretty banged up at the end of the night. I've only been doing this for 7 years but I have NEVER seen a team so disrespectful. I have also NEVER been physically hit that many times by players from the sideline. Bridge City needs to get some control over their players and honestly they should be embarrassed to be represented like that.