PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs Caldwell

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Are there any Caldwell posters left. I will not put a poll on this, as I see no need.

I think Giddings wins this one by a bunch. Is that 28 or 48, doesn't matter to me. Still good to have a game week before district. I don't like to not have full speed contact for 2 full weeks before starting a game that counts.

Manso/V8
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Take it easy on them..........

zebrablue2
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote of the week, Buffs by a bunch!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
It's sad that the Caldwell Hornets are playing at this level. Not too long ago, they were giving everyone fits with that slot t offense of theirs.

1st and goal
10-02-2012, 06:00 PM
It's sad that the Caldwell Hornets are playing at this level. Not too long ago, they were giving everyone fits with that slot t offense of theirs.

Yah, I hope they can turn it around.....Just not this week. :)

Not sure whats going on there, they have a new coach I think?

Interested to see for myself what happens. If the Buffs pull out a big lead, will they play 2nd and 3rd strings or pad some stats. Maybe Caldwell shows up and we can have a good game. Hope nobody gets hurt. 'Cept for hornet feelings!

There used to be some good Caldwell posters on board but I guess their kids have graduated. What year was it that they played here and it was a BIG game? I actually missed it due to a new kid. So maybe 2007 or 08? People said they had to park a mile up HWY 77. A bunch of downlowers came and I was so mad I had to miss it....:(

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Yah, I hope they can turn it around.....Just not this week. :)

Not sure whats going on there, they have a new coach I think?

Interested to see for myself what happens. If the Buffs pull out a big lead, will they play 2nd and 3rd strings or pad some stats. Maybe Caldwell shows up and we can have a good game. Hope nobody gets hurt. 'Cept for hornet feelings!

There used to be some good Caldwell posters on board but I guess their kids have graduated. What year was it that they played here and it was a BIG game? I actually missed it due to a new kid. So maybe 2007 or 08? People said they had to park a mile up HWY 77. A bunch of downlowers came and I was so mad I had to miss it....:(

Yes, they do have a new coach. Not sure of the details or the reason why Coach Willams left.

I think it was 07 and 08. In 09, they were probably the best 8-2 or 7-3 team to not make the playoffs. I believe that was the last year the Coach Williams was there.

Buff42
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Are there any Caldwell posters left. I will not put a poll on this, as I see no need.

I think Giddings wins this one by a bunch. Is that 28 or 48, doesn't matter to me. Still good to have a game week before district. I don't like to not have full speed contact for 2 full weeks before starting a game that counts.

Wow, ease up dude. Karma can be a bitch.

buff4ever
10-03-2012, 09:11 AM

If I have to eat crow this week, I will eat it til I throw up. I guarantee a 28 point victory, anything after that depends on a lot of factors I don't wish to try and guess at.

There isn't a single caldwell poster on here, so I am not worried about hurting anyone's feelings.

greendawg84
10-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Karma is one bed mate that ALWAYS gets her cut. So be careful , as they say , on any given Friday anything can happen.

StangEm
10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Eww.....this game could get ugly.

hornet07
10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Coach williams is the defensive coordinator for a&m consolidated....He is coaching for his friend and former co worker when they were around the Houston area in the 90's.....I am not around town anymore but still hear some things....To me the new coach seems promising but it is hard to work with only 50 players rannging from 9th-12th graders......I dont know why they dont have the numbers like they did the past 8 years .....

Hornet Mom 2
10-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Fall '07 was the BIG game. If I remember correctly, Giddings watered their field the night before the game. :doh: Seriously though, a lot of the Caldwell posters from that time are not actively here much, mostly because their kids are gone. I have been to one game this year, and as hornet07 said, the numbers are low. There were 27 seniors on that fall '07 team, there were 12 on last year's 1 and 9 team, and I think there are 9 on this year's squad (I may be off a few either way with that number). I am not involved directly with the football program anymore, and I do not know anything about Coach Gilchrist, other than he is the 3rd head coach here in as many years. I do know that when Williams and Grubbs were here, we were winning and putting up stats.

Yoe_09
10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
You make some good points. Someone could easily say, "well this coach isn't going to work out", but what is he working with? The younger freshmen/JV players didn't seems to have much from what I saw in the scrimmage. Anyone know how the 7th/8th grade looks?

hornet07
10-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Anyone know how the game went tonight?

Hornet Mom 2
10-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Saw this on KBTX Friday Fever
Giddings 42
Caldwell 22

buff4ever
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Anyone know how the game went tonight?

Buffs win 42 - 22

hornet07
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
well better than i thought ...when did giddings take there starters out ? lol

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Buffs win 42 - 22

Wow Giddings' defense gave up 22 to Caldwell and 40 to Columbus? Good thing the Buff offense is a scoring machine to get the job done anyway.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-06-2012, 07:19 AM
well better than i thought ...when did giddings take there starters out ? lol

With 1:58 in the 4th qrt.

buff4ever
10-06-2012, 07:39 AM
With 1:58 in the 4th qrt.

It was 35 - 7 at half. Let's not get carried away too much.

1st and goal
10-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Our D is banged up. Especially at LB and the line. Some of the D's 1st stringers had limited play. Maybe there was a lack of intensity? IDK.

The Hornets were able to move the ball and their stats will look decent but they couldn't seem to punch it in. I guess that's when the Buff's D would "bow" up. Anyhow the Hornets probably won the time of possession by quite a bit. Our D was on the field for a large majority of the game. The Hornets used all the tricks in the book, going for it on 4th, even on their end of the field. Fake field goal attempts, just anything to keep possession. I think they only punted twice maybe. And they did it from a shotgun formation with a pooch kick.

Our Offense scored easily in the 1st half on long runs and passes. I think we broke 1 play for about 85 yards. I would guess that we scored the first 35 points on about 15 -20 plays from scrimmage in the first half.

1st and goal
10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Another thing, I don't remember ANY turnovers. We had some near interceptions and they fumbled but recovered. I'd like to see Caldwell's time of possession stat.