PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I have said it before and will say it again...Bill Parcells is worst thing that happen to Dallas...Jones was finally ready to hand over control and he did...and Parcells proceeds to do nothing with it and in Jerry's mind it showed him handing over control did not produce so he took back over.

Bullaholic
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I have said it before and will say it again...Bill Parcells is worst thing that happen to Dallas...Jones was finally ready to hand over control and he did...and Parcells proceeds to do nothing with it and in Jerry's mind it showed him handing over control did not produce so he took back over.

Parcells saw Jerry's fat billfold and stuck in his hand in for all he could get without really caring whether he produced a winning team, or not. As I said earlier--Parcells was hired mainly for his front office skills to pass along to general-manager-in-training Steven Jones. The Cowboys did not get the motivated coach Parcells who was in New York.

The "Marquee Madness" of Jerry Jones in player selection, and his insistence of being "Coach Jerry" with a yes-man HC has put the Cowboys in the toilet since 1996.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Parcells saw Jerry's fat billfold and stuck in his hand in for all he could get without really caring whether he produced a winning team, or not. As I said earlier--Parcells was hired mainly for his front office skills to pass along to general-manager-in-training Steven Jones. The Cowboys did not get the motivated coach Parcells who was in New York.

The "Marquee Madness" of Jerry Jones in player selection, and his insistence of being "Coach Jerry" with a yes-man HC has put the Cowboys in the toilet since 1996.

I tend to agree that Big Bill was out of gas by the time he came to us. I jsut don't think he had the fight in him anymore.

And I also agree with the OP to an extent. Big Bill was the best thing that could have happened and the worst.

cougartino
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm a Cowboy fan but my head is not high in the sky. We won't reach another Superbowl until the Joneses either pass (sad to say it but true), sell the team, or hire a good GM and personnel guy, and stay the hell out of the way.

99IHSMustang
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm a Cowboy fan but my head is not high in the sky. We won't reach another Superbowl until the Joneses either pass (sad to say it but true), sell the team, or hire a good GM and personnel guy, and stay the hell out of the way.

Not a Cowboys fan, but will watch them from time to time out of curiosity and :iagree:

hollywood
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM

100% agree!

Btw.. I've stopped watching much NFL. WAY overrated.

Tejastrue
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM

One thing is for sure, we'll never run out of scapegoats in Big D.

Maroon87
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM

If by "doing nothing" you mean two playoff berths in four years, then I'll gladly take nothing at this point.

Farmersfan
10-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the biggest downfall of Jerry Jones is too much loyalty. He won't let non-producing players or attitude problems go. He doesn't understand the dynamic of a locker room and how a bad attitude or a wrong attitude can be a cancer. It seems as simple as these being Professional players who get paid so they should give their all on every play. But there is a huge difference in a uninterested player giving his all and a inspired and motivated player giving his all. And it's infectious. Every player in the NFL can play football. It's those organizations and coaches that can put the right peices together AND get those pieces to perform at their highest level that will win. Ever wonder how the Giants, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers and a few others stay at the top of the game even though they have no-name O-linemen fill in all the gaps just as much as Dallas does? It's attitude. Who here thinks Dez Bryant should be benched until he shows an ability to not only perform consistently but also the maturity to be a man and not need babysitting? Dez and several other players should get BENCHED when they make the boneheaded mistakes. Even Romo should have been benched in last night's game..........Of course that would never happen and we will continue to watch him throw games away.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM
If by "doing nothing" you mean two playoff berths in four years, then I'll gladly take nothing at this point.

He did not give much bang for the buck...Phillips went to two play offs in 3 years winning one....the only way Jones would have the same mindset would have been if Parcells came in and turned Dallas into true contenders year in and year out like the Pats, Pitt or even Ravens who have not been back to SB, but always in the mix

Parcells drafted very average and the greatest draft pick of that era was one Jones had to override Parcells on( Ware).

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I think the biggest downfall of Jerry Jones is too much loyalty. He won't let non-producing players or attitude problems go. He doesn't understand the dynamic of a locker room and how a bad attitude or a wrong attitude can be a cancer. It seems as simple as these being Professional players who get paid so they should give their all on every play. But there is a huge difference in a uninterested player giving his all and a inspired and motivated player giving his all. And it's infectious. Every player in the NFL can play football. It's those organizations and coaches that can put the right peices together AND get those pieces to perform at their highest level that will win. Ever wonder how the Giants, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers and a few others stay at the top of the game even though they have no-name O-linemen fill in all the gaps just as much as Dallas does? It's attitude. Who here thinks Dez Bryant should be benched until he shows an ability to not only perform consistently but also the maturity to be a man and not need babysitting? Dez and several other players should get BENCHED when they make the boneheaded mistakes. Even Romo should have been benched in last night's game..........Of course that would never happen and we will continue to watch him throw games away.

You dont bench your franchise QB for a bad game....The Dez thing...I agree, he for whatever reason is jst not getting it....and I totally agree about Jones being to loyal....Dallas needs those no names like you said to work..lunch pail attitude and all that, and JG talks it just dont see it enough...this team has yet to learn to fight on a consistent basis.

Deuce
10-02-2012, 04:45 PM
The problem with this team is Jerry Jones. End of discussion. Just ask yourself one simple question. Of the elite coaches in the league now and in the past, how many would come to this organization and coach? The answer is none. And the reason is because Jerry Jones will not keep his nose out of their job.

Buff42
10-02-2012, 08:09 PM

This board is scaring the hell out of me. Yesterday Mac Arthur had the first coherent post of his life and today this. Broadcaster finally said something I agree with. Like I said- scary.

bobcat1
10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I like Jerry as an owner but good gosh man leave it at that! A good football coach is needed and he and he alone needs full control of personel. As long as Jerry tells the coach what he is or isn't going to do Dallas will be mediocre at best. I like Rob Ryan as a DC. I want a head coach with that kind of fire in his gut. Red J would be best in the Coaches booth calling offensive plays and that is it if even that. I still think a Chuckie or Popeye like coach could turn this team around after getting rid of useless folks like Dez Bryant, Sensabaugh, Felix Pudgy Jones, Marcus Blubber Butt Spears, Smiles (fragile)Austin, and most of the O-Line. I want some thugs on the O-Line that want to mash people in their way like Larry Allen, Mark Stepnoski, and Mark Tuinei used to play. Then I want men with evil intentions playing defense. Mostly all we have right now are a bunch of check cashers with no heart. Sean Lee is my favorite Cowboy right now because of his heart and will to play the game.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
This board is scaring the hell out of me. Yesterday Mac Arthur had the first coherent post of his life and today this. Broadcaster finally said something I agree with. Like I said- scary.

Maybe it's actually you that's starting to use your head for more than a hat rack. :)