PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Bears

Roughneck93
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Bears D with 14 sacks in 3 games. Could be a long night for the Cowboys o-line and Romo.

This is a toss up game for me, but I'll go ahead and say Dallas gets the win by 6.

ogg
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Dallas's D is playing very good right now, home game also, have to go with the boys by 10.

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I need Ogletree to go insane like week 1 in order to win my fantasy game... I'm screwed :(

SintonFan_inAustin
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Lets go cowboys!!!

Ville-D
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm sitting in a random sports bar in NYC and there are 0 bears fans and about 35 cowboy fans. They truly are America's team.

Roughneck93
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Geez... :dispntd:

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Bryant just cannot ever make the right read

Roughneck93
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Nice drive...

Farmersfan
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Bryant just cannot ever make the right read

Geez! Your excuse making is sickening. The cornerback was sitting on that route and there is NO WAY Romo can throw that ball.... NO WAY!

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Geez! Your excuse making is sickening. The cornerback was sitting on that route and there is NO WAY Romo can throw that ball.... NO WAY!

oh come on..if Bryant runs the route Romo is throwing he is IN FRONT of the CB..only thing defender then can do is go over back or tackle.

Farmersfan
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
oh come on..if Bryant runs the route Romo is throwing he is IN FRONT of the CB..only thing defender then can do is go over back or tackle.

So in your world a QB is supposed to throw a football at the defender???? Give me a break. The only worse than watching Romo throw this game is watching Washington throw the AL West lead by starting Perez in a MUST WIN game......

Roughneck93
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Lol...you got to be kidding me.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-01-2012, 09:33 PM
So in your world a QB is supposed to throw a football at the defender???? Give me a break. The only worse than watching Romo throw this game is watching Washington throw the AL West lead by starting Perez in a MUST WIN game...... flipping back and forth between cowboys and rangers and neither is looking good right now!

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Cowboys unable to establish the run---and the Bears know it---so they can attack the pocket on every play. Cowboys will not win unless they can find a way to start gashing the Bears with Murray.

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I think Tony Romo is like the Sundance Kid---he can't "shoot" unless he moves.

Farmersfan
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I think Tony Romo is like the Sundance Kid---he can't "shoot" unless he moves.

I think he is just trying to do too much right now. He is forcing way too many throws and taking too many risks...

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I think he is just trying to do too much right now. He is forcing way too many throws and taking too many risks...

What do you think he should do?---curl up around the ball and fall down???? In case you haven't noticed Romo is one of the few players on offense playing with any guts--and yes he is making mistakes because he is trying so hard.

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
The thing that bothers me most about Romo tonight is his overthrowing 2 wide open receivers for scores on seam routes when he was not hurried.

Farmersfan
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
What do you think he should do?---curl up around the ball and fall down???? In case you haven't noticed Romo is one of the few players on offense playing with any guts--and yes he is making mistakes because he is trying so hard.

Oh, poor baby! Maybe Jerry will pay him another 12 million because he is trying so hard. Give me a break! This offense is too pathetic to overcome 14 Romo giveaway points. It's the same story I have watched for over 6 years now. Romo can't get it done.

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
That pick was strictly Romo's...

Farmersfan
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Well at least it wasn't a pick 6!!! We should be happy about that, right?

Yoe_09
10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, at least there are "dancing girls" the Cowboys fans can enjoy watching, lol.

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Pitiful coverage....Cowboys coaches getting beat by their counterparts on offense and defense. Cowboys had better get some players who can THINK on the fly...

coach
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Prett bad night for romo and the boys. It's still early but it's not looking promising. Dez was bad tonight. Romo was terrible and I thought the d was good until the bears drove it down their throat to start the 2nd half. Sad thing is , I actually think Garrett called a decent game.

regaleagle
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
So what do you do.....fire Ryan, Garrett, and make wholesale changes in the entire Cowboy organization? I don't see anything close to a "professional" team here. Too many missed assignments goes to the coaching staff and the players. Not worth the price of admission, for sure. Many fans will stop supporting Jerry's empire if this kind of product is all we get. Totally disappointing, and I'm not even a financial supporter. Well, we do have the TEXANS. At least they were wise enough to know Wade Phillips is worth his salt.

83Indian
10-01-2012, 10:36 PM
This just goes to show when a mediocre team gets a few bad breaks they can' t recover. The Cowboys are nowhere near the upper echelon of elite teams. Romo was doing okay until the Olgltree deflection and the Bryant missed read on the blitz. After that he blew up trying to do too much. Really doesnt matter. The NFL is so watered down now almost anyone can win on a given day. Cowboys don't have enough offensive talent to win consistently but it would not surprise me if they are 8 - 8 and possibly in the hunt for the NFL east. Not really impressed with anyone in the NFL East.

83Indian
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
So what do you do.....fire Ryan, Garrett, and make wholesale changes in the entire Cowboy organization? I don't see anything close to a "professional" team here. Too many missed assignments goes to the coaching staff and the players. Not worth the price of admission, for sure. Many fans will stop supporting Jerry's empire if this kind of product is all we get. Totally disappointing, and I'm not even a financial supporter. Well, we do have the TEXANS. At least they were wise enough to know Wade Phillips is worth his salt.

Texans are a definite superbowl contender. Thank God I sat Romo for Schaub in my fantasy league.

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
The Cowboys house is in full disarray. There is no consistency anywhere---and you don't win in the NFL unless you consistently execute. The glaring drafting and player acquistion errors of the past continue to haunt. Their only hope is to get some key players back and healthy and play a simpler, more disciplined, and effective brand of football instead of the "sandlot team" variety they are currently playing. Dez Bryant has got to start playing like a pro instead of a highschooler.

Emerson1
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Cowboys suck.

6 guys sitting out didn't help though.

Farmersfan
10-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Pitiful coverage....Cowboys coaches getting beat by their counterparts on offense and defense. Cowboys had better get some players who can THINK on the fly...

I've watched the replays about a dozen times and doesn't it seem that some of the Cowboy players are giving up on some of these plays? Maurice was basically jogging once he got beat on the double move by Hester. It's like he expected to have help to the inside so didn't even put out the effort to make up ground. Then on the play you were talking about Carr gets rubbed off by the slot receiver of the Bears and just stops like he doesn't even need to keep playing. I saw stuff like this several times in this game. The effort doesn't seem to be there.

hookandladder
10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh, poor baby! Maybe Jerry will pay him another 12 million because he is trying so hard. Give me a break! This offense is too pathetic to overcome 14 Romo giveaway points. It's the same story I have watched for over 6 years now. Romo can't get it done.

Amen , Romo not a winner. To hot and cold and mostly cold when it counts, should have drafted McCoy.

coach
10-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Amen , Romo not a winner. To hot and cold and mostly cold when it counts, should have drafted McCoy.

Plase, tell me you are joking.... If not, this might be the stupidest post ever on this board.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I've watched the replays about a dozen times and doesn't it seem that some of the Cowboy players are giving up on some of these plays? Maurice was basically jogging once he got beat on the double move by Hester. It's like he expected to have help to the inside so didn't even put out the effort to make up ground. Then on the play you were talking about Carr gets rubbed off by the slot receiver of the Bears and just stops like he doesn't even need to keep playing. I saw stuff like this several times in this game. The effort doesn't seem to be there.

I agree.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 08:33 AM

i think i saw the same thing...not quite ready to say it is an effort issue, but damn close. It just seems like outside of a few players when things go bad this team folds up shop and lays down...that is a coaching issue IMO.

As far as Romo..we are seeing a QB knowing it is all on him and he is trying to make THE play every play. His WRs might have the talent, but the bad route running and dropped passes are past the point of being an issue..again coaching..OL is what it is and I dont know if there is a fix for that this season.

Jason Garrett says alot of the right things, but it is becoming clear he does not have a grasp on discipline for this team and unless he does this is going to be a problem all year.

I think the D is going to be ok as long as most of the guys get back.still saw alot of good in them for most part..But I do think Ryan at times is trying to outsmart himself...Cutler is famous for being someone who if you give him time he can pick apart any D in the league, get in his face and he will blow up, yet Dallas never dialed up the blitzes and as Gruden said were playing coverage and run game...dont be cute, attack the weakness of the O

Eagle 1
10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
2-2 = 8-8. After the game last night Romo threw his helmet at the sideline in disgust and that too was intercepted.

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I think that the defense is still okay, Ryan may can learn from this game a little, however, I don't know that if you consider all of the turnovers and that 14 points were scored without the defense on the field, and maybe 3 more after the defense held its position after a turnover and short field (can't remember at this point if they gave up that drive or were dealt a short field by a turnover) It is very hard, and we have said it before, to keep going out there and doing your job when the offense isn't getting it done. I think the defense is okay, still a lot better than last year.

Romo's normal play is below average, his x - factor is above average, our line blocks bad enough that he thinks he needs to rely on his better x - factor play to win games. I don't know if he is trying that hard to win all on his own, or if he is relying on his x - factor to produce b/c he is more comfortable and confident when his is in the x - factor.

outlaw
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Go Rangers

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
i think i saw the same thing...not quite ready to say it is an effort issue, but damn close. It just seems like outside of a few players when things go bad this team folds up shop and lays down...that is a coaching issue IMO.

As far as Romo..we are seeing a QB knowing it is all on him and he is trying to make THE play every play. His WRs might have the talent, but the bad route running and dropped passes are past the point of being an issue..again coaching..OL is what it is and I dont know if there is a fix for that this season.

Jason Garrett says alot of the right things, but it is becoming clear he does not have a grasp on discipline for this team and unless he does this is going to be a problem all year.

I think the D is going to be ok as long as most of the guys get back.still saw alot of good in them for most part..But I do think Ryan at times is trying to outsmart himself...Cutler is famous for being someone who if you give him time he can pick apart any D in the league, get in his face and he will blow up, yet Dallas never dialed up the blitzes and as Gruden said were playing coverage and run game...dont be cute, attack the weakness of the O

The interior OL is a joke. It's incredibly frustrating.

I the WR thing is a real hot button. Someone on the ticket this morning made a good point about L. Robinson. He came in last year and within a few weeks, learned the offense and became very comfortable with Romo and frankly was their most productive WR. Witten certainly in in sync with Romo. Miles has been here 6 years, Ogletree 5 and Dez 3 and they have a hard time getting in sync with the QB. Hmmm...

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The interior OL is a joke. It's incredibly frustrating.

I the WR thing is a real hot button. Someone on the ticket this morning made a good point about L. Robinson. He came in last year and within a few weeks, learned the offense and became very comfortable with Romo and frankly was their most productive WR. Witten certainly in in sync with Romo. Miles has been here 6 years, Ogletree 5 and Dez 3 and they have a hard time getting in sync with the QB. Hmmm...

I honestly think at this point maybe the offense just simply has to many route options at times...when the game started they talked about how Dallas went simple this week and the offense was moving the ball for the most part...the first mistake was an option route that Bryant messed up...maybe they need to stick with simple routes and quit trying to have every play have an option for every scenario.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 09:45 AM
ARGH double post

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I have never talked to any of our receivers, and have obviously not sat in on practice or film with them, but for me to imagine that each of our receivers are dumber than most all of the other receivers in the league, I struggle with that. If they are, why have we held on to them this long, but then again, if they aren't that goes back to weekday work and discussion and film time and stuff wit Romo, and if he is that dumb or incapable, then why have we held on to him for this long.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I have never talked to any of our receivers, and have obviously not sat in on practice or film with them, but for me to imagine that each of our receivers are dumber than most all of the other receivers in the league, I struggle with that. If they are, why have we held on to them this long, but then again, if they aren't that goes back to weekday work and discussion and film time and stuff wit Romo, and if he is that dumb or incapable, then why have we held on to him for this long.

Well, none of us know the answer to that. I just think it was an interesting point the caller made that Robinson was able to come into this offense and learn it and build a raport with Romo in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, none of us know the answer to that. I just think it was an interesting point the caller made that Robinson was able to come into this offense and learn it and build a raport with Romo in a matter of a couple of weeks.

I think part of that was Robinson and Romo had a great conection in broken plays

and as far as Romo being dumb...lets look at his WR corp...Ogletree and Austin to off the scrap pile guys and Bryant who is known for having issues in learning the play book...yet you want to say Romo is the dumb one?...Romo knows this offense in and out, I will trust him when he is throwing a route over these WRs

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I think part of that was Robinson and Romo had a great conection in broken plays

and as far as Romo being dumb...lets look at his WR corp...Ogletree and Austin to off the scrap pile guys and Bryant who is known for having issues in learning the play book...yet you want to say Romo is the dumb one?...Romo knows this offense in and out, I will trust him when he is throwing a route over these WRs

I agree, so he needs to put in time with these guys, it is their job and all they have to do to earn all of that money they get paid. He may have liked hanging out with Robinson and felt more comfortable with him, but doesn't with these others, or doesn't know how to demand their attention. I can't help but think that it is on him as leader and big investment guy to work with them how ever he needs to to get them ready for gametime decisions.

I know, agree to disagree. Some of you think that we can continue to blame receivers or the line or the defense or the running backs, and ignore how much we pay romo to fall short across the whole season every season.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree, so he needs to put in time with these guys, it is their job and all they have to do to earn all of that money they get paid. He may have liked hanging out with Robinson and felt more comfortable with him, but doesn't with these others, or doesn't know how to demand their attention. I can't help but think that it is on him as leader and big investment guy to work with them how ever he needs to to get them ready for gametime decisions.

I know, agree to disagree. Some of you think that we can continue to blame receivers or the line or the defense or the running backs, and ignore how much we pay romo to fall short across the whole season every season.

How do you know he does not spend time with them? Your jumping to a conclusion that Romo does not put in the work when it has been said over and over he is one of the hardest workers and biggest film watching guys in the league...at some point it falls on the guys playing WR to do the work themself and to absorb what they are learning

Bullaholic
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Cowboys need to have a team meeting---NOW during the bye week---no press, no owners, and no coaches and call out anyone who needs to be called out and say what must be said and mean it.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 10:41 AM

I hope you're not pointing the second comment to me. My point was directed at the WRs, not Romo.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope you're not pointing the second comment to me. My point was directed at the WRs, not Romo.

no to buff who said Romo might be dumb

cougartino
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Jerry's ego should play O-line. It blocks everything!

hookandladder
10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Plase, tell me you are joking.... If not, this might be the stupidest post ever on this board.

Just what has Romo done so far in Dallas, set records for INT's. He is not a winner, plain and simple. Waste of money.

Eagle 1
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I honestly think at this point maybe the offense just simply has to many route options at times...when the game started they talked about how Dallas went simple this week and the offense was moving the ball for the most part...the first mistake was an option route that Bryant messed up...maybe they need to stick with simple routes and quit trying to have every play have an option for every scenario.

Very good point.

I said this before about our high school, and I will say it about the Cowboys.
In the Army we had an an acronym for everything, including what we need to do with our offense.
In this case it would be K.I.S.S (kiss)...which stands for KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

I think the offense is trying to get to complicated. Like Tom Landry said before after a Cowboys blowout, "we need to go back to the basics." Still true to this day.

SintonFan
10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh well... you win some and you lose some... then you win some and lose some. :(

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Just what has Romo done so far in Dallas, set records for INT's. He is not a winner, plain and simple. Waste of money.

what record?

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM

what record?

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM

silly.

GrTigers6
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
My take on the game last night is that the offense seemed to move the ball very well but for some reason or another they would have a dropped pass, or a Sack, or something that would make them punt. The defense played decent all game but gave up too many yards. I dont believe there was a bear drive that was shorter than 5 or 6 plays. then the second half all hell broke loose. The D Couldnt stop Cutler, of all people.( mainly because the coach was too chicken to blitz him for whatever reason.)
The offense would get in position to score and blow it worse than the first half. The int's were not Romo's fault, Except for the last two and then those plays would have never had to happen if the other players would have done their jobs earlier in the game. Not saying that Romo isnt to blame at all just that if plays would have been done right in the beginning then none of those later int's would have been in play.
Romo on that note needs to KNOW who he has on the other end of his pass and think its possible that he forgets where he is supposed to go. I agree with TXBroadcaster in saying they need to simplify this offense so they can get on the same page until they can prove other wise.

GrTigers6
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM

hookandladder
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
what record?

His own personal record , 5 int's. I am sure he can top that still this year, it is early in the season.

Macarthur
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
His own personal record , 5 int's. I am sure he can top that still this year, it is early in the season.

nm....

Roughneck93
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I was looking over the Cowboys schedule and it certainly doesn't get any easier.

Next five games are brutal. Four of the next five on the road (@ Baltimore, @ Carolina, @ Atlanta, @ Philadelphia). The one home game against the Giants is sandwiched between the four road games (and NY owns Cowboys Stadium).

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2012, 01:35 AM

So they should've drafted McCoy?

Seriously?!?

hahahahahaha

regaleagle
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Major disconnect here that even the very best of qb's would not be able to overcome. TEAM is the name of the game, and right now the Cowboys are NOT one. Just not good enough to be hot and cold in the NFL. This team needs to be on the same page and of some higher degree of consistency, regardless of the glaring problems in the O-line. Adjustments can be made to facilitate an offensive attack, but you can't have your qb and rb's left totally ineffective. The defenses in the NFL will just tee off on you.

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Major disconnect here that even the very best of qb's would not be able to overcome. TEAM is the name of the game, and right now the Cowboys are NOT one. Just not good enough to be hot and cold in the NFL. This team needs to be on the same page and of some higher degree of consistency, regardless of the glaring problems in the O-line. Adjustments can be made to facilitate an offensive attack, but you can't have your qb and rb's left totally ineffective. The defenses in the NFL will just tee off on you.

It seems so easy doesn't it? A person who hasn't followed the Cowboys for years would listen to the banter in Dallas about this team and think the O-line over the past 5 seasons has been the worse O-line to ever play in the NFL. And if they listen to all the Romo-sexuals in Dallas they would think that Romo was a mix of Cam Newton, Roger Staubach and Superman! But the FACTS are that the Dallas O-line is young and right now is a patchwork of players that are doing a fair job against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL. The offense is struggling right now and we can argue all day long about why that is and not come to an agreement. The question is, how do they fix it? And don't say get better O-linemen because that would apply to any team in the NFL. They have a usable group of O-linemen. Not a great group but a usable group. So wouldn't a prudent man develop a game plan that works with the strengths of the O-line and avoids the weaknesses? It seems to me this entire season that Tony Romo has really, really increased the amount of "Kill, kill, kill, kill" and play changes at the line of scrimmage. I said over a month ago that I hated Romo's "Kill, kill, kill" and other antics when he lined up at the line of scrimmage. I felt he was creating a lot of the false start issues because of his ill timed changes to the play. A few times it resulted in some big plays but not often enough to justify the bad situations it creates. A couple of the commentators said that the coaches felt the same way so they "dumbed" it down and reduced Romo's ability to do this and until Romo started making his Romoisms the offense was moving the ball very well.
Even with the mistakes and miscues and two very, very embarrassing beat downs, this team is still 2-2. If they get good play from Romo and few things go their way they can play with any team in the league. And although the defense has been pretty good overall we have to realize they had like 6 starters out of the game on Monday and still did pretty well against a offense was that presented huge amounts of points on a silver platter by our franchise QB. I haven't lost hope for the season but as long as Romo is still the starter I can't think the hope is very valid......

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
It seems so easy doesn't it? A person who hasn't followed the Cowboys for years would listen to the banter in Dallas about this team and think the O-line over the past 5 seasons has been the worse O-line to ever play in the NFL. And if they listen to all the Romo-sexuals in Dallas they would think that Romo was a mix of Cam Newton, Roger Staubach and Superman! But the FACTS are that the Dallas O-line is young and right now is a patchwork of players that are doing a fair job against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL. The offense is struggling right now and we can argue all day long about why that is and not come to an agreement. The question is, how do they fix it? And don't say get better O-linemen because that would apply to any team in the NFL. They have a usable group of O-linemen. Not a great group but a usable group. So wouldn't a prudent man develop a game plan that works with the strengths of the O-line and avoids the weaknesses? It seems to me this entire season that Tony Romo has really, really increased the amount of "Kill, kill, kill, kill" and play changes at the line of scrimmage. I said over a month ago that I hated Romo's "Kill, kill, kill" and other antics when he lined up at the line of scrimmage. I felt he was creating a lot of the false start issues because of his ill timed changes to the play. A few times it resulted in some big plays but not often enough to justify the bad situations it creates. A couple of the commentators said that the coaches felt the same way so they "dumbed" it down and reduced Romo's ability to do this and until Romo started making his Romoisms the offense was moving the ball very well.
Even with the mistakes and miscues and two very, very embarrassing beat downs, this team is still 2-2. If they get good play from Romo and few things go their way they can play with any team in the league. And although the defense has been pretty good overall we have to realize they had like 6 starters out of the game on Monday and still did pretty well against a offense was that presented huge amounts of points on a silver platter by our franchise QB. I haven't lost hope for the season but as long as Romo is still the starter I can't think the hope is very valid......

That goes to what I said..simplify the offense..you blame Romo for the kill kill..that is not him..that is the offense and all he is doing is what the offense dictates with what the defense does. Garrett needs to realize that this group of players are not good in read on the fly plays like his offenses in the past.

And the O-line has been a problem since 2010..2009 the line was pretty solid

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
That goes to what I said..simplify the offense..you blame Romo for the kill kill..that is not him..that is the offense and all he is doing is what the offense dictates with what the defense does. Garrett needs to realize that this group of players are not good in read on the fly plays like his offenses in the past.

And the O-line has been a problem since 2010..2009 the line was pretty solid

Except for the fact that the "kill, kill, kill" is a judgement call by Romo and if it causes something negative then it IS 100% Romo's fault. Part of the judgment on this is whether or not they have enough time to "kill" the previous play and allow a young and inexperienced O-line to get their blocking assignments in order before the ball is snapped. Far too often Romo changes the play and then goes into hysterical fits to get the center to snap the ball before the play clock goes to zero. They have had several delay of game calls as well as having to use times out unnecessarily. Apparently Romo doesn't realize that at a certain point on the play clock he must go with the play they have already called. Besides, the defenses these days give false formations right up to the point that it is too late to change the play anyway so it really makes no sense anymore to change the play verbally because every time Romo changes it the defense counters. Changing the play to something that will actually work better is a crap shoot anyway with all the defensvie adjustments so why not simply stay with the original play to begin with? Romo and his receivers should have their own little silent communication that changes the play to something that takes advantage of something they see. But to do it audibly doesn't make any sense. Once the QB makes an audible the defense will usually bail out of whatever package they are in. Why put your offensive behind the 8 ball with "Kill, kill, kill" with 6 seconds left on the play clock if it is just a crap-shoot whether the defense will simply bail out of the formation that caused you to "KILL" in the first place? Add in the fact that it is a QB making these judgements that has a long history of poor judgement and it makes even less sense!

Besides: the offensive Line is ranked #11 in the NFL right now. Of course you will claim(as always) that it is because of Romo that they are ranked that high. It's nonsense and you know it! Romo gets out of trouble some times with his legs but he also gets into trouble sometimes with his legs.

Macarthur
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Except for the fact that the "kill, kill, kill" is a judgement call by Romo and if it causes something negative then it IS 100% Romo's fault.

I'm not going to get into Romo's play because he's got to be better, but your comment here is completely wrong.

If the system tells him there are too many guys in the box and they need to switch to a passing play and the WR runs a wrong route, how is that Romo's fault? Conversely, if Romo kills a passing play to a running play and the RB fumbles, how is that Romo's fault.

You can make the argument that a kill could result in the wrong play and the play being unsuccessful, but if an individual within a play makes a mistake, you can't blame that on Romo, or the coach for that matter.

hookandladder
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
So they should've drafted McCoy?

Seriously?!?

hahahahahaha

Even Tannehill (Spelling) will be a better QB then Romo, Romo is a hot and cold gunslinger that will never be successful in a full season. How many chances does Jerry give him and remember the QB is the only other person other then the HC that has W & L's next to his name, he definitely deserves most all that they have lost. It all starts with the QB , weather you like it or not. He is just not a winner, face facts.

buff4ever
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I been on the same page as hook a lot here lately.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Even Tannehill (Spelling) will be a better QB then Romo, Romo is a hot and cold gunslinger that will never be successful in a full season. How many chances does Jerry give him and remember the QB is the only other person other then the HC that has W & L's next to his name, he definitely deserves most all that they have lost. It all starts with the QB , weather you like it or not. He is just not a winner, face facts.

I love the whole he is hot and cold...if he was then he would be top 10 in ints at least at some point and has never been( maybe this year if he continues llike he has)..yet never been in fact his int % as a career shows he is not..in two year he has finished top 5 in least amount of ints thrown and right now is 33 all time in int %..meaning he does not go cold and throw a ton of ints as much as everyone likes to think...yes he had a bad game and needs to play better but to act like this past game was his normal standard is simply false and the numbers back that up.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Lol I didn't dispute any of that. I just asked if you really think they should've drafted McCoy?!?!

He's like 10X as bad as Romo LOL

McCoy? Seriously? hahahaha I'm still laughing

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm not going to get into Romo's play because he's got to be better, but your comment here is completely wrong.

If the system tells him there are too many guys in the box and they need to switch to a passing play and the WR runs a wrong route, how is that Romo's fault? Conversely, if Romo kills a passing play to a running play and the RB fumbles, how is that Romo's fault.

You can make the argument that a kill could result in the wrong play and the play being unsuccessful, but if an individual within a play makes a mistake, you can't blame that on Romo, or the coach for that matter.

The point was that the defense will rarely stay with too many guys in the box once Romo calls for the "Kill". So nothing is accomplished with the "Kill, kill, kill" except to give notice to the defense that they had your original play pretty well covered. Defenses are very flexible these days in the NFL. D-linemen become D-backs by simply stepping back off the line. So a verbal audible doesn't really make much sense anymore because both teams are just guessing anyway. But i was referring to the fact that Romo doesn't seem to understand his timing of the "kill, kill, kill" was far too often causing confusion and a lack of ability of the O-line to work out their blocking schemes. I'm thinking at least 20 times already in 4 games he has had to scream and frantically yell at the center to snap the ball while the o-linemen are still calling their blocking schemes. At least 5 times they have had to call a timeout or gotten a delay penalty because of it. And at least 50 times one of the O-linemen false starts because of all the yelling and frantic slapping of hands and stomping feet and whatever......
And I don't blame Romo for the receiver not running the correct route. I do blame Romo for throwing the ball in the first place. The pass to Dez was NEVER gonna be complete. NEVER! Romo threw the ball after Dez was already 3 yards past the defender who had sat on the route and had to do nothing except wait for Romo to throw him the ball. And in case you aren't aware of it there is no such thing in the NFL as a blind throw. On every single throw the QB makes he has a read before he can decide to throw the ball. He must read the coverage! Outside/in coverage by the cornerback means he cannot throw a timing out pattern. Period! Inside/out coverage means the inside move probably isn't going to work. If the CB is playing bump & run coverage but playing a inside position then the slant will not work and the CB probably has over the top help. On every single throw a QB makes he has a read. So how is a interception NOT at least partially the QB's fault? Well, except for the balls that are good reads and good throws that are dropped or not caught and bounced up in the air. I wouldn't say the Ogletree interception was Romo's fault. A receiver is taught from Pee Wee to catch the ball away from his body and the NFL receiver Ogletree let's it bounce off his chest...........

Farmersfan
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I love the whole he is hot and cold...if he was then he would be top 10 in ints at least at some point and has never been( maybe this year if he continues llike he has)..yet never been in fact his int % as a career shows he is not..in two year he has finished top 5 in least amount of ints thrown and right now is 33 all time in int %..meaning he does not go cold and throw a ton of ints as much as everyone likes to think...yes he had a bad game and needs to play better but to act like this past game was his normal standard is simply false and the numbers back that up.

Do you think that sometimes, based on the circumstances, that 1 interception can hurt your team as much as 3 interceptions at different times. Perhaps I'm ubber sensitive to Romo mistakes but it seems to me that although he doesn't make as many mistakes as the other "BAD" QBs in the NFl the ones he does make are HUGE. He seems to hurt his team with his mistakes far more than other QBs do.
And I find it hilarious that after years of arguing about Tony Romo that we are still arguing about Tony Romo after that crap he put on the field on Monday night. Nobody should be defending Romo after his Monday night game. NOBODY! After 4 games Tony Romo is #23 in the NFL in QB rating with a season rating of 60.................. and we are still arguing with you about Tony Romo!!!!

coach
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Do you think that sometimes, based on the circumstances, that 1 interception can hurt your team as much as 3 interceptions at different times. Perhaps I'm ubber sensitive to Romo mistakes but it seems to me that although he doesn't make as many mistakes as the other "BAD" QBs in the NFl the ones he does make are HUGE. He seems to hurt his team with his mistakes far more than other QBs do.
And I find it hilarious that after years of arguing about Tony Romo that we are still arguing about Tony Romo after that crap he put on the field on Monday night. Nobody should be defending Romo after his Monday night game. NOBODY! After 4 games Tony Romo is #23 in the NFL in QB rating with a season rating of 60.................. and we are still arguing with you about Tony Romo!!!!

Farmersfan... I mean this in the nicest way possible. You are a :flaming:

Macarthur
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
The point was that the defense will rarely stay with too many guys in the box once Romo calls for the "Kill". So nothing is accomplished with the "Kill, kill, kill" except to give notice to the defense that they had your original play pretty well covered. Defenses are very flexible these days in the NFL. D-linemen become D-backs by simply stepping back off the line. So a verbal audible doesn't really make much sense anymore because both teams are just guessing anyway. But i was referring to the fact that Romo doesn't seem to understand his timing of the "kill, kill, kill" was far too often causing confusion and a lack of ability of the O-line to work out their blocking schemes. I'm thinking at least 20 times already in 4 games he has had to scream and frantically yell at the center to snap the ball while the o-linemen are still calling their blocking schemes. At least 5 times they have had to call a timeout or gotten a delay penalty because of it. And at least 50 times one of the O-linemen false starts because of all the yelling and frantic slapping of hands and stomping feet and whatever......

Well, I'm not really sure what to say to all this. Virtually every game you watch in the NFL you see QBs changing plays. Happens everywhere. Maybe I'm giving JG too much credit, but I would think if the defense is catching on to everything he's doing, he would probably change it. Maybe 'kill' has a different meaning each week. I don't think you and I can have a reasonable discussion on it because we don't know what the communication is.

Now, I do agree with you that they run the clock down low way too often and that's a problem. However, that did not happen near as much against the Bears. If they did simplify things, I think that was a positive and they should continue.

And I don't blame Romo for the receiver not running the correct route. I do blame Romo for throwing the ball in the first place. The pass to Dez was NEVER gonna be complete. NEVER! Romo threw the ball after Dez was already 3 yards past the defender who had sat on the route and had to do nothing except wait for Romo to throw him the ball. And in case you aren't aware of it there is no such thing in the NFL as a blind throw. On every single throw the QB makes he has a read before he can decide to throw the ball. He must read the coverage! Outside/in coverage by the cornerback means he cannot throw a timing out pattern. Period! Inside/out coverage means the inside move probably isn't going to work. If the CB is playing bump & run coverage but playing a inside position then the slant will not work and the CB probably has over the top help. On every single throw a QB makes he has a read. So how is a interception NOT at least partially the QB's fault? Well, except for the balls that are good reads and good throws that are dropped or not caught and bounced up in the air. I wouldn't say the Ogletree interception was Romo's fault. A receiver is taught from Pee Wee to catch the ball away from his body and the NFL receiver Ogletree let's it bounce off his chest...........

Well, everyone from Troy Aikman to Dez Bryant has said that the first INT was Dez's fault. Are you telling me you know better than them?

Bullaholic
10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/suprised monkey.jpg

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't think FF is an idiot....he's just like many other Cowboys fans that are convinced TR is the crux of the problem for Dallas. And as long as the Cowboys keep losing with Romo at the helm, there will be those that feel the same as FF. You must remember that Romo has had less to work with in his tenure than most of what came before him, AND the changes in the way football is played in the NFL today also impacts the scenario. AND today's NFL athletes are much more talented and athletically gifted coming into the league than a decade ago. Putting all of this in perspective, then considering Romo's numbers for his career....this is where all the disagreement is occurring. Comparing the numbers to say Troy Aikman's personal stats leads some(me included) to believe Romo is not the problem, just the qb that happens to be thrust into this ugly 8 yr time period of poor teams the Cowboys have put together. FF points to Romo as being a "choker" at the most opportune or inopportune time in a game for the team, despite his stats. On the surface, his points seem valid. But looking deeper, we can see other reasons or causes that impact that result. Will changing qb's really have a positive effect for the Dallas Cowboys on the field? Will trading Romo and changing offensive schemes solve some of these issues? I don't know, but I do know it will take more than this and another season for the Cowboys to even become competitive in the NFL East if that were done today. And then there are other personnel issues to address at the same time. Armchairing is always much easier than the true nuts & bolts of packaging a team to be a winner.

Deuce
10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/suprised monkey.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw coach's comment.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Farmersfan... I mean this in the nicest way possible. You are a ... idiot.

Not gonna quote that one entirely... but...

OMG.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Btw, I was here.

Emerson1
10-04-2012, 11:45 PM
That's right up there with GoBlue posting the naked lady before giving the big **.

Farmersfan
10-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I don't think FF is an idiot....he's just like many other Cowboys fans that are convinced TR is the crux of the problem for Dallas. And as long as the Cowboys keep losing with Romo at the helm, there will be those that feel the same as FF. You must remember that Romo has had less to work with in his tenure than most of what came before him, AND the changes in the way football is played in the NFL today also impacts the scenario. AND today's NFL athletes are much more talented and athletically gifted coming into the league than a decade ago. Putting all of this in perspective, then considering Romo's numbers for his career....this is where all the disagreement is occurring. Comparing the numbers to say Troy Aikman's personal stats leads some(me included) to believe Romo is not the problem, just the qb that happens to be thrust into this ugly 8 yr time period of poor teams the Cowboys have put together. FF points to Romo as being a "choker" at the most opportune or inopportune time in a game for the team, despite his stats. On the surface, his points seem valid. But looking deeper, we can see other reasons or causes that impact that result. Will changing qb's really have a positive effect for the Dallas Cowboys on the field? Will trading Romo and changing offensive schemes solve some of these issues? I don't know, but I do know it will take more than this and another season for the Cowboys to even become competitive in the NFL East if that were done today. And then there are other personnel issues to address at the same time. Armchairing is always much easier than the true nuts & bolts of packaging a team to be a winner.

All very good points Eagle! Except for one part. The Cowboys have been one of the most talented teams in the NFL over Romo's career. The last couple of years they have dwindled down in the talent dept but just a few years ago they broke a NFL record for number of Pro Bowlers from one team. And I understand the Pro Bowl selection process isn't perfect but there are hundreds of good players every season that don't make the pro bowl. So to be recognized as one of the 2 best players at your position in the entire NFL means something.
And if for no other reason than the process of elimination we should think Romo might be the cause. They have replaced every other position on the field at least once. Most have been turned over several times.....

Farmersfan
10-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Farmersfan... I mean this in the nicest way possible. You are a *****idiot.

You calling yourself "Coach" is equivalent to Don Knotts calling himself "STUD". You really should just read and learn instead mouthing off. Or better yet, go finish your homework or you might fail the Home Ec 101 test tomorrow.......

Macarthur
10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
All very good points Eagle! Except for one part. The Cowboys have been one of the most talented teams in the NFL over Romo's career. The last couple of years they have dwindled down in the talent dept but just a few years ago they broke a NFL record for number of Pro Bowlers from one team. And I understand the Pro Bowl selection process isn't perfect but there are hundreds of good players every season that don't make the pro bowl. So to be recognized as one of the 2 best players at your position in the entire NFL means something.
And if for no other reason than the process of elimination we should think Romo might be the cause. They have replaced every other position on the field at least once. Most have been turned over several times.....

Agree, for the most part, and if Patrick Crayton makes two pretty routine catches for an NFL WR, Dallas most likely wins that game and with home field advantage, probably makes it to the SB in 07.

coach
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
You calling yourself "Coach" is equivalent to Don Knotts calling himself "STUD". You really should just read and learn instead mouthing off. Or better yet, go finish your homework or you might fail the Home Ec 101 test tomorrow.......

I took home ec in hs and made a 100 every six weeks!!! Suck it

Farmersfan
10-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Agree, for the most part, and if Patrick Crayton makes two pretty routine catches for an NFL WR, Dallas most likely wins that game and with home field advantage, probably makes it to the SB in 07.

I don't disagree with this in the least. There are woulda, coulda, shouldas in every single season for every single NFL team. You can go back at the end of the 16 game season for any NFL team and say this play or that play would have made a difference. Dallas is not exempt from that. The difference between Dallas and the teams that win it all is that DESPITE their Patrick Craytons dropping a few passes the leadership STILL FOUND A WAY! And this is where I think Romo is lacking. When things are going good he can look unstoppable. But I rarely ever see him "FIND A WAY". He makes sporadic amazing plays at times but then easily offsets those with completely boneheaded mistakes at other times. Anyway, I think we can all agree that Tony Romo is not the only problem with the Cowboys these days. but if your franchise player and on-the-field leader can't play any better than Romo did then it isn't very logical to think the rest of the team will play any better.

SintonFan
10-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I think the Cowboys would start winning more if Jerry was sent to Afghanistan to fight for al-Qaeda. Wait, that would solve two problems.