PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado Indians @ Decatur Eagles

toddg
10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Alvarado reeling from a loss to connally, Decatur, after losing their first 2 games, are riding a 3 game winning streak..makes this an interesting game for sure!

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Bridgeport and Decatur are pretty close this season---and we all know what the Indians did to the Bulls---soooooooo.....Alvarado by 14-21+.

Coondog
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
I think Bridgeport and Decatur are pretty close this season---and we all know what the Indians did to the Bulls---soooooooo.....Alvarado by 14-21+.

Alvorado better get it together soon because the big bad wolfe is coming in 3 weeks

toddg
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Alvorado better get it together soon because the big bad wolfe is coming in 3 weeks

we will be waiting for the "big bad wolfe"
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/character/smiley-vault-character-022.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Bullaholic
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM

I dunno about that---I heard Alvarado had some Mexican move-ins....:D

defense51
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
The poll options are awesome, nice touch Todd!:2thumbsup

garciap77
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Alvarado Indians by 56!

defense51
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Alvarado Indians by 56!

One of your more subtle predictions :eek:

Bosqueville
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Alvarado offense better wake up or it could be close. However, ranked teams that get a loss usually take it out on next week's opponent.

Ville-D
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Indians better win by a score of about 60-0. Redemption.

83Indian
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM

I would be happy with a turnover free game and a balanced attack on offense. We already know we can run the ball but its time to start mixing it up in the passing game. I know I sound like a broken record but I think using our backs out of the backfield is something that could make us a lot more unpredictable. Hardy, Mcneil, and Walraven can all catch and run effectively especially Hardy. 35 - 0 sounds good to me.

83Indian
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM

I would be happy with a turnover free game and a balanced attack on offense. We already know we can run the ball but its time to start mixing it up in the passing game. I know I sound like a broken record but I think using our backs out of the backfield is something that could make us a lot more unpredictable. Hardy, Mcneil, and Walraven can all catch and run effectively especially Hardy. 35 - 0 sounds good to me.

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm thinking Decatur has turned the corner and is now finding out what they are capable of. Should make this game interesting, but I wouldn't be calling for a blowout either way here. This will more than likely be a very good game and close all the way. I wouldn't count out the Eagles just yet. They do have some weapons and a good qb. Don't know much about their D, but turnovers can sometimes make the difference. I'm guessing Alvarado will try to pass more this week, and that could get them into trouble.

BullBoy
10-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Alvarado by 35

5wide
10-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Alvarado by 35

Decatur is 10 times the team that Bridgeport is and that's not saying much! I've seen both teams play and niether are that impressive. Saying that, I give Alvarado a +25 advantage. Decatur is alot like the past few years teams in that they are young and Stupid. The running attack for the eagles is there bread and butter. I remember when they were an all air attack team but I guess the times have changed. Alvarado 48-20 ove the Eagles.

5wide
10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Alvarado by 35

Decatur is 10 times the team that Bridgeport is and that's not saying much! I've seen both teams play and niether are that impressive. Saying that, I give Alvarado a +25 advantage. Decatur is alot like the past few years teams in that they are young and Stupid. The running attack for the eagles is there bread and butter. I remember when they were an all air attack team but I guess the times have changed. Alvarado 48-20 ove the Eagles.

Bullaholic
10-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Decatur is 10 times the team that Bridgeport is and that's not saying much!

10 times, 5wide---10 times?????? You might want to turn your blue and white magnifier down a bunch......

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Decatur is 10 times the team that Bridgeport is and that's not saying much! I've seen both teams play and niether are that impressive. Saying that, I give Alvarado a +25 advantage. Decatur is alot like the past few years teams in that they are young and Stupid. The running attack for the eagles is there bread and butter. I remember when they were an all air attack team but I guess the times have changed. Alvarado 48-20 ove the Eagles.I agree Alvarado should win this game handily. To score 20 pts though they better be one high flying offense. The last 3 teams we played were potent offenses and NO ONE scored more that 14. My guess? Alvarado 48-7. Good luck Decatur. I think Alvarado is going to take some frustration out on your team though.. Just sayin.

5wide
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
10 times, 5wide---10 times?????? You might want to turn your blue and white magnifier down a bunch......

Okay..probably not 10 times but 5. The bulls defense is one of their worst in recent years. That's why I said 10 times better.

BullBoy
10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Decatur probably won't even score and if they do it will be in garbage time against the Alvarado back up players. It's going to be a massacre.

5wide
10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Decatur probably won't even score and if they do it will be in garbage time against the Alvarado back up players. It's going to be a massacre.

They might not but I still know they look and play better than Bridgeport. Alvarado will be pissed so that will give extra fuel for them. The one thing Alvarado hasn't faced is a good rushing attack. So that will be one upside for Decatur.

5wide
10-02-2012, 10:35 AM

They might not but I still know they look and play better than Bridgeport. Alvarado will be pissed so that will give extra fuel for them. The one thing Alvarado hasn't faced is a good rushing attack. So that will be one upside for Decatur.

Bullaholic
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
The one thing Alvarado hasn't faced is a good rushing attack. So that will be one upside for Decatur.

Huerta ran for 161 yds against Alvarado and the Bulls still lost 64-13. How you fix your keyboard to type like that, 5wide?...:D

5wide
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Need to put in there that they have already faced the best back they will see all season in the Bridgeport kid but it's hard to do it with just one back.

5wide
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Huerta ran for 161 yds against Alvarado and the Bulls still lost 64-13. How you fix your keyboard to type like that, 5wide?...:D

Ha my bad, I meant to add him in there just got a little ahead of my words Bull ;)

BullBoy
10-02-2012, 11:04 AM

One thing Decatur hasn't faced is a very good defense, it goes both ways. Alvarado will come in to this game looking to make a statement and my bet is that they do make a statement and a big one at that. Decatur and Bridgeport are about even this year.

defense51
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
To score 20 pts though they better be one high flying offense. The last 3 teams we played were potent offenses and NO ONE scored more that 14. :ditto:

5wide
10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
One thing Decatur hasn't faced is a very good defense, it goes both ways. Alvarado will come in to this game looking to make a statement and my bet is that they do make a statement and a big one at that. Decatur and Bridgeport are about even this year.

True, but I do think this will be closer than the Bridgeport game. Maybe I'm wrong...only time will tell. What's the latest on yalls running back?

BullBoy
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
True, but I do think this will be closer than the Bridgeport game. Maybe I'm wrong...only time will tell. What's the latest on yalls running back?

An ankle injury is all we know so far. He was able to walk off the field friday on his own but you could tell he was in alot of pain. I have a few friends that have siblings in high school, I'll see what they can dig up on the injury. Gabe's a hell of a player, our offense takes a huge hit if he's out.

toddg
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
An ankle injury is all we know so far. He was able to walk off the field friday on his own but you could tell he was in alot of pain. I have a few friends that have siblings in high school, I'll see what they can dig up on the injury. Gabe's a hell of a player, our offense takes a huge hit if he's out.

you got that right!

toddg
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
i dont know how the Varsity workout yesterday went...but i do know what happened at the Indian freshman workout..it wasnt pretty and it wasnt fun, my son came home as worn out as i have seen him this year..but at the same time he was pumped!

Eagle11
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
im sure that the decatur will not win but this will be a good test for them getting ready for district. As for bridgeport they will not even make the playoffs in a weak district. count on them to be down for a couple of years. if you disagree you haven't seen their sub varsity play yet.

5wide
10-02-2012, 03:56 PM
im sure that the decatur will not win but this will be a good test for them getting ready for district. As for bridgeport they will not even make the playoffs in a weak district. count on them to be down for a couple of years. if you disagree you haven't seen their sub varsity play yet.

How is Decatur's sub varsity looking??

toddg
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM

it may be because a lot of their really good underclassmen are playing on varsity..

Eagle11
10-03-2012, 07:37 AM
decaturs sub varsity are doing pretty good. not the best but will kill Bridgeport.

BullBoy
10-03-2012, 07:55 AM
im sure that the decatur will not win but this will be a good test for them getting ready for district. Decatur will not even make the playoffs in a weak district. count on them to be down for a couple of years. if you disagree you haven't seen their sub varsity play yet.

Fixed it for ya. :2thumbsup

Decatur's pretty weak, Bridgeport will have no problem scoring at will against them when they play.

Eagle11
10-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Fixed it for ya. :2thumbsup

Decatur's pretty weak, Bridgeport will have no problem scoring at will against them when they play.
good luck with that. your only running back is hurt. great second half last week without him.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Durable running backs are hard to find. Alvarado has been blessed the past 2 yrs. Looks like Alvarado had good practices this week. When we click on all cylinders. It's hard to beat us. Decatur will get a taste of the real deal. JMO. Gunna be some hard hits laid out Friday night. I feel we will have over 300 yds on the ground alone.

hollywood
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Decatur's a pretty long haul for the Alvarado folks isn't it?

Would hate to be a Decatur fan this week. Going to be some bald eagles after this weeks scalping.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
80 miles or so. Sux going thru Ft Worth during rush hr. That's why I go around the city. Will b there early. Is Decatur better this yr or last yr? Who do they have as good players?

toddg
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Decatur football program is on the rise..young this year, but building and getting better from what i have been able to surmise..
one impressive thing to note...the coach is old school class..has his team wear dress shirt and ties on game day.

Bullaholic
10-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Decatur football program is on the rise..young this year, but building and getting better from what i have been able to surmise..
one impressive thing to note...the coach is old school class..has his team wear dress shirt and ties on game day.

Coach Story played for Gordon Wood....

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2012, 03:38 PM
I just noticed that Decatur's 3 wins are against teams with a 1-14. Hmmmm.... Even their losses are from teams with a record of 5-4. Total record 6-18. Now I'm really predicting a long night for the Eagles..

Alvarado's teams played have a combined record of 11-13.

5wide
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I just noticed that Decatur's 3 wins are against teams with a 1-14. Hmmmm.... Even their losses are from teams with a record of 5-4. Total record 6-18. Now I'm really predicting a long night for the Eagles..

Alvarado's teams played have a combined record of 11-13.

That'a not to great either...

5wide
10-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Coach Story played for Gordon Wood....

1999 was Coach Story's first year. If you go type in www.wisecounty.com and then go to the FOOTBALL ARCHIVES you will see how got the program turned around. Last couple of years have been down but he is well respected through out the community.

#1 TEXAN
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM

That's no joke!! I can't wait Alvarado is gonna get destroyed!!!!

toddg
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
That's no joke!! I can't wait Alvarado is gonna get destroyed!!!!

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/laugh3.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)thats funny! but seriously..they are the best team in 3a, and will be hard for anyone to beat..but you wont hear Stephenville fans make stupid statements like that..atleast not the knowledgable ones.

#1 TEXAN
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/laugh3.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)thats funny! but seriously..they are the best team in 3a, and will be hard for anyone to beat..but you wont hear Stephenville fans make stupid statements like that..atleast not the knowledgable ones.

Just my thinking on it only time will tell,

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Just my thinking on it only time will tell,
What are you going to do if Alvarado wins?

#1 TEXAN
10-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Tell them good job I never would have thought that they would do it, and I don't see it happening you will see why I think this way when the time comes.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Tell them good job I never would have thought that they would do it, and I don't see it happening you will see why I think this way when the time comes.

Let me ask you.... Have you ever seen Alvarado play?

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Well the game is 2 days away and this thread died. What do we need to do to spice it up?

5wide
10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Well Decatur has about 100 more wins overall than Alvarado :)

toddg
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Well Decatur has about 100 more wins overall than Alvarado :)

the last time Alvarado played Decatur...we lost 26-0...in 1939..there was a brawl after a kick off and 2 players were ejected for swinging their leather helmets as weapons!!!

toddg
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Alvarado Freshman won 34-14..my son played well.

Alvarado JV last I saw was ahead 36-12 4:00 left in 3rd when I left to go get son @ high school.. I doubt our JV loses a game this year..they are above good!

5wide
10-05-2012, 07:56 AM
the last time Alvarado played Decatur...we lost 26-0...in 1939..there was a brawl after a kick off and 2 players were ejected for swinging their leather helmets as weapons!!!

Ha that is awesome! I hope that dosn't happen tonight. I think the visiting fans will like Decatur's field. It sets down in a bowl almost and has a neat look to it. Has always had the nicest turf around and the fans normally pack the stadium.

LeonJr
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Decatur SHOCKS the Indians in a close one.
http://www.cellphone-wallpapers.net/Wallpapers/User/5444-shocker.jpg

83Indian
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Leon, its early in the day to be already puffing on a doobee!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Love it Leon!

defense51
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM
No gang signs on 3ADL :tisk:

Eagle11
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
No gang signs on 3ADL :tisk:
I dont think that would be a shocker to them!

toddg
10-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Good call!!

83Indian
10-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Good call!!

Two int's and a lost fumble. Started very slow. Decatur obviously saw what Connally did stacking the box and held us down pretty well the first quarter. Only scored 7 in the second half. Looked better but Decatur is not very good. Unfortunately Hillsboro is probably worse. We really need a much tougher schedule in pre-season. Stephenville and Glen Rose will prepare us for the playoffs. We still need to improve. Defense is playing pretty good. Were going to need them big time in district.

Eagle11
10-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Two int's and a lost fumble. Started very slow. Decatur obviously saw what Connally did stacking the box and held us down pretty well the first quarter. Only scored 7 in the second half. Looked better but Decatur is not very good. Unfortunately Hillsboro is probably worse. We really need a much tougher schedule in pre-season. Stephenville and Glen Rose will prepare us for the playoffs. We still need to improve. Defense is playing pretty good. Were going to need them big time in district.
i would say that they are going to have to improve a lot if they expect to hang with SVille. We dropped several passes that the SVille will complete for big plays.

83Indian
10-06-2012, 09:07 AM
i would say that they are going to have to improve a lot if they expect to hang with SVille. We dropped several passes that the SVille will complete for big plays.

Could'nt agree more