PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. HF

RBARKER
10-12-2001, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to clear the air before the trash talking starts. I just got back from the game and Barbers Hill squeaked out a win against H.F./ 18-15 was the final score. Not to make Excuses but tonight was the worst game that I have seen BH play in 3 years. They fumbled the ball 3 times to give HF the ball with in the 50 yard line. Nothing else to say except we are still 6-0 hopefully this will wake up the team. Good luck next week Goooooo Eagles

eye of the tiger
10-12-2001, 11:00 PM
hey i think that still goes on the W side of the sheet. Better to win ugly than to lose ugly. and like you said 6-0 is the main stat.

BH_146
10-13-2001, 12:22 AM
I too just came for the game and very happy to have the win. Hamshire-Fannett played an almost flawless game. The Longhorns are as close to a rivalry as we have right now. Our games, especilly those we win against H-F, are always close. Coach Tarver is one of the best coaches along the Southeast Texas Gulf Coast. He always has his team well prepared for Barbers Hill. They almost took this game with preparation and determination. Officially we lost two fumbles that Hamshire converted into FGs. Both of those fumbles came as a result of the backs giving extra effort and was hit on the backside. In those cases even the best will fumble. And again I repeat, they only got FGs not touchdowns. Other than a 66 yard break-away TD, our defense gave the Longhorns very little. I'm not hanging my head. And I hope the kids aren't either. Because if they are, Liberty has a running back who is faster than anyone we have faced so far and they may not catch the number as he goes by. But we too have an excellent coach in Don Price and I think he with his staff will make sure we are ready.