PDA

View Full Version : TheOldCoach State Top 25 Week 5

Matthew328
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1416255

jason
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
so, hypothetically, stephenville would be #2 in your 4a poll as well?

Matthew328
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
As of right now yes..

Lion70
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
As of right now yes..

Dislike No Henderson. Loss was a decent 4a by one point ( Hallsville) and a private school beatdown that beatdown Gilmer as well Plano prestenwood, but carthage loss to 4a Jax ( which we dominated) and 4a whitehouse is ranked hmmm but yet were ranked #17 in DCM poll hmmm.....

Matthew328
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
All a matter of opinion, I guess...

vtskneb
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
All a matter of opinion, I guess...

Will WOS go big school? Henderson also?

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM

I am pretty sure that WOS will go small school. I am unsure about Henderson.

jason
10-01-2012, 10:18 AM
will henderson even make the playoffs?
seems like their 15 minutes is pretty much over with.....

hookandladder
10-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Just curious who is Wharton going to knock off to even make the playoffs, El Campo,Sealy or Bellville.

Roughneck93
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM

Yeah WOS will go small school. Silsbee will go D1 in that district.

Henderson would go small school as well I believe. I see Kilgore being the D1 rep in that district.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Surprised Alvarado didnt drop more. They have to work their way back up now.. Good to see Waco Connally getting respect though.

toddg
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM

dont count Henderson out yet...they tend to catch "lightning in a bottle" late in the season..wouldnt suprise me if they beat Kilgore.

ctown81
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Lion the dawgs would kill j'ville if they played now. Besides, why are you complaining? What was Henderson ranked when they won it all?

Lion70
10-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Your serious too we just beat the Defending champs by 20 and lost two games that most of the powers would do lol.

Lion70
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Lion the dawgs would kill j'ville if they played now. Besides, why are you complaining? What was Henderson ranked when they won it all?

Well were were until after the two loses to Gilmer and Carthage. I just thought it was a little weird.

Lion70
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
dont count Henderson out yet...they tend to catch "lightning in a bottle" late in the season..wouldnt suprise me if they beat Kilgore.

we beaten them 3 years in a row so a 4th is not out of the question. We beat them 35-7 last year and it could have been a lot more.

Lion70
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM

If Chapel hill and kilgore both miss the playoffs is the only way henderson goes D1. 888 enrollment in D2 is kinda funny.

Rattler
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Graham will go big school with 668 this year!

garciap77
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Graham will go big school with 668 this year!

Are you trying to avoid playing us in the playoffs?:1popcorn:

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Your serious too we just beat the Defending champs by 20 and lost two games that most of the powers would do lol.

and Carthage beat that same defending champ by 24....and Whitehouse a "better" loss for Carthage than Henderson's loss to Hallsville IMO...and no I dont think most of the 3A powers would lose to Hallsville

Rattler
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
The way I see it... If we go Big school (which we will) we play Mineral Wells then Stephenville.
If we go small school we play. Kennedale or Springtown then Alvarado or someone from District 8, then Abilene Wylie...

So we get to knock out Stephenville or Wylie in the first three rounds...either works for me..

garciap77
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
The way I see it... If we go Big school (which we will) we play Mineral Wells then Stephenville.
If we go small school we play. Kennedale or Springtown then Alvarado or someone from District 8, then Abilene Wylie...

So we get to knock out Stephenville or Wylie in the first three rounds...either works for me..

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-205.gifAbilene Wylie King of The Hill; come get some!:evillol:

hollywood
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM

You're :smoker: crack!

Stephenville took the Steers to the wood shed in 7 on 7 and would make you Heifers in real football.

Ville-D
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM

We beat the 3 time 4a defending champ by 13... its not that big of a deal.

regaleagle
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Not sure about Carthage anymore. They are not proving it on the field where it counts. And Giddings shouldn't rate anymore than a Gainesville, Bullard, or Vernon undefeated IMO. I think Liberty Hill should have won that game, and can probably beat them in a rematch. I wouldn't bet against it.

regaleagle
10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Not sure about Carthage anymore. They are not proving it on the field where it counts. And Giddings shouldn't rate anymore than a Gainesville, Bullard, or Vernon undefeated IMO. I think Liberty Hill should have won that game, and can probably beat them in a rematch. I wouldn't bet against it.

Lion70
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
and Carthage beat that same defending champ by 24....and Whitehouse a "better" loss for Carthage than Henderson's loss to Hallsville IMO...and no I dont think most of the 3A powers would lose to Hallsville

LoL hallsville is decent and it was pouring down rain . Nice try

Matthew328
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Giddings owns wins over Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Bellville and Columbus

I love what Gainesville, Bullard and Vernon have done but their wins aren't even in the same area code as the four wins for Giddings....not even close

regaleagle
10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
But Wimberley does not have a stellar record, Bellville has dropped a game, and so has Columbus. And I think Liberty Hill would beat Giddings now. Let's see if what you say has any merit. Not saying they are not deserving....just not anymoreso than these other undefeateds that are not ranked. Remember, when the season began they were not on the radar....and now all of a sudden they are great! How different is that from these other undefeateds? It's not, really. Besides, they moved up with an "off" week when the others played and won. Just saying I want to see more. Zip codes for the playoffs may end up in the Northern zones for all we know. Lots of football left here.

buckeyebob
10-02-2012, 04:54 AM

Kilgore 964.5
Chapel Hill 961
Henderson 888
Gilmer 631
Bullard 606
Gladewater 586
Spring Hill 506.5

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 07:39 AM
But Wimberley does not have a stellar record, Bellville has dropped a game, and so has Columbus. And I think Liberty Hill would beat Giddings now. Let's see if what you say has any merit. Not saying they are not deserving....just not anymoreso than these other undefeateds that are not ranked. Remember, when the season began they were not on the radar....and now all of a sudden they are great! How different is that from these other undefeateds? It's not, really. Besides, they moved up with an "off" week when the others played and won. Just saying I want to see more. Zip codes for the playoffs may end up in the Northern zones for all we know. Lots of football left here.

This is really an easy argument..look at the resume and the teams they've beaten....the resume from Giddings is far and away superior to anything Bullard, Gainesville and Vernon have done thus far...this is the reason why Giddings is ranked and the others arent..Giddings has 3 wins that are better than anything Bullard, Gainesville or Vernon has

Giddings (ranked 21st in Padilla Poll) wins:
Liberty Hill 4-1 ranked 15th in AP, 15th in TOC, NR in THSF.com, 7th in Padilla Poll
Wimberley 2-3 unranked in all major polls, 46th in Padilla Poll
Bellville 3-2 NR in AP, 18th in TOC, NR in THSF.com, 28th in Padilla Poll
Columbus 1-4 unranked in all major polls, 94th in Padilla Poll (although I think Columbus would beat several teams on Bullard, Vernon, Gainesville schedule)

Bullard wins: (24th in Padilla Poll)
Quitman 1-4 2A Div. 1 team; unranked in all major polls ranked 90th in Padilla Poll
White Oak 4-1 2A Div. 1 team; unranked on AP/TOC, couldn't find a ranking on THSF.com, 30th in Padilla Poll
Diboll 1-4 unranked in all major polls, ranked 152 on Padilla Poll
Huntington 0-5 unranked in all major polls, raked 177 on Padilla Poll

Gainesville wins (37th in Padilla Poll):
Burkburnett 0-5 unranked in all major polls, ranked 156 in Padilla Poll
Iowa Park 1-4 unranked in all major polls, ranked 131 in Padilla Poll
Ardmore, OK 2-3 OK school; about the size of a large 3A
Springtown 2-3 unranked in all major polls, ranked 52 in Padilla Poll
Lake Worth 2-3 unrankd in all major polls, ranked 162 in Padilla Poll

Vernon wins: (45th in Padilla Poll)
Altus, OK 1-4 OK school; about the size of a large 3A
Breckenridge 1-4 2A Div. 1 school; unranked in all major polls ranked 43 in Padilla Poll
Childress 3-2 2A Div. 1 school; ranked 44 in Padilla Poll
Holliday 3-2 2A Div. 2; ranked 15th in TOC; unranked in AP; 16 in Padilla Poll
Pampa 1-4; unranked in all major polls ranked 123 on Padilla Poll

jason
10-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Giddings owns wins over Liberty Hill, Wimberley, Bellville and Columbus

I love what Gainesville, Bullard and Vernon have done but their wins aren't even in the same area code as the four wins for Giddings....not even close

why do you think thsf.com has stephenville so low, even after they beat the #3 and #13 4a teams in their poll??

vtskneb
10-02-2012, 08:17 AM
why do you think thsf.com has stephenville so low, even after they beat the #3 and #13 4a teams in their poll??

Because they hate us for our freedom. :vrycnfsd:

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM

No idea, I'm sure Chris has his reasons..

Grahamerica
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
You're :smoker: crack!

Stephenville took the Steers to the wood shed in 7 on 7 and would make you Heifers in real football.

Didn't Graham beat Burnet who took out Stephenville in the state 7 on 7 tournament. When Graham played Stephenville their were two starting linebackers out that weekend.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
LoL hallsville is decent and it was pouring down rain . Nice try

Hallsville is ok..Whitehouse is a good team..cant even say Hallsvile is as good as WH

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
double post

Lion70
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Didn't Graham beat Burnet who took out Stephenville in the state 7 on 7 tournament. When Graham played Stephenville their were two starting linebackers out that weekend.

LoL @ 7 on 7

Lion70
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Hallsville is ok..Whitehouse is a good team..cant even say Hallsvile is as good as WH

agree both will go to the playoffs and finish about the same.

Lion70
10-02-2012, 08:52 AM

without Jonanthan Gray not the same . Don't kid yourself.

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM

Still one of the best teams in 4A

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Aledo's ranked in the top 5 in every 4A poll for a reason...they are still a hell of a team

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
This is really an easy argument..look at the resume and the teams they've beaten....the resume from Giddings is far and away superior to anything Bullard, Gainesville and Vernon have done thus far...this is the reason why Giddings is ranked and the others arent..Giddings has 3 wins that are better than anything Bullard, Gainesville or Vernon has

Liberty Hill 4-1 ranked 15th in AP, 15th in TOC, NR in THSF.com, 7th in Padilla Poll
Columbus 1-4 unranked in all major polls, 94th in Padilla Poll (although I think Columbus would beat several teams on Bullard, Vernon, Gainesville schedule)

Quitman 1-4 2A Div. 1 team; unranked in all major polls ranked 90th in Padilla Poll
White Oak 4-1 2A Div. 1 team; unranked on AP/TOC, couldn't find a ranking on THSF.com, 30th in Padilla Poll

Breckenridge 1-4 2A Div. 1 school; unranked in all major polls ranked 43 in Padilla Poll

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I'm not saying a Gainesville, Vernon, or Bullard per se.......just ANY other undefeated team in 3A(Glen Rose). Just because Giddings has won against questionable competition(except for LH, and LH should have won that one) is why I posted what I did. I do not consider the other 3 teams Giddings beat as being that highly ranked for Giddings to be thrust into its ranking, esp. after not playing last week. There are many good teams in 3A that have beaten other ranked teams and not rated as highly, even though they may have one loss. And some don't have a loss....just like Giddings. But they are not ranked in the Top Ten. Besides, the Padilla Poll hasn't exactly been on fire this year, has it.

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 09:19 AM

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I'm not saying a Gainesville, Vernon, or Bullard per se.......just ANY other undefeated team in 3A(Glen Rose). Just because Giddings has won against questionable competition(except for LH, and LH should have won that one) is why I posted what I did. I do not consider the other 3 teams Giddings beat as being that highly ranked for Giddings to be thrust into its ranking, esp. after not playing last week. There are many good teams in 3A that have beaten other ranked teams and not rated as highly, even though they may have one loss. And some don't have a loss....just like Giddings. But they are not ranked in the Top Ten. Besides, the Padilla Poll hasn't exactly been on fire this year, has it.

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Bellville is far from questionable they are a strong team, Wimberley is still a very good squad also.....Glen Rose's competition is pretty suspect as well..China Spring is their only good win...the others are Ranchview, Crandall, Mineral Wells and West....Big Spring is also unbeaten and in the same boat...they've got one decent win over Midland Christian...I think any unbeaten team ranked below Giddings is there for a reason..the resume is not there..Giddings has an excellent body of work this early in the season

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Padilla for not being on fire is still picking games at a 75.4% clip...that's pretty salty

Purple Rain
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM

that's actually pretty impressive

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Again, not sure 75% is all that salty using his computer models. Most sportswriters can achieve 60-65% not using a model or program. And they don't even know about the rest of the state....only locally. Just goes to prove that 25% of the games are pretty much unpredicatable, doesn't it. That's a large percentage. Using this 25% unpredictability factor, I would say that leaves alot of teams in the mix, and rankings to be at least 25% puredee conjecture, wouldn't you?

Purple Rain
10-02-2012, 09:47 AM

:iagree:

Matthew328
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
25% of non-district games are unpredictable because there's always variables that affect things, trends aren't established etc.... typically by season's end I would imagine Padilla's model to improve to around 80% which over such a large sample size is very, very good...

Ville-D
10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.