PDA

View Full Version : Navasot Rattler Stats over 5 Games

OldBison75
09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
The Rattlers have outscored opponents 213 to 34.

K. Baker has completed 92 of 143 passes for 1751 yards and 21 touchdowns. He has 1 interception (tipped pass)

Solomon McGinty has 33 receptions for 733 yards.

Collins has 34 receptions for 763 yards.

Defense is allowing less than 200 yards per game.

GREAT START RATTLERS!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 03:30 AM

K. Baker has completed 92 of 143 passes for 1751 yards and 21 touchdowns. He has 1 interception (tipped pass)

GREAT START RATTLERS!!!!

:clap:

I think that Baker may have one or two more interceptions on the year. However, I could be wrong.

zebrablue2
09-30-2012, 06:28 AM
1751 yds passing is WOW!!!:eek:

OldBison75
09-30-2012, 09:35 AM
You are right Hemo, he has 3 interceptions.

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 11:19 AM
You are right Hemo, he has 3 interceptions.

None the less, his stats are still awesome!

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Ok, let's see. These stats are all good. Just imagine the 5 touchdowns that were called back against Lexington and the 2 against Fairfield over the last two weeks. If my memory serves me correct, the 2 that were called back against Fairfield resulted in 2 Rattler field goals.

1971Coogs
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Very Impressive !!

Smitty
09-30-2012, 06:43 PM

GREAT START RATTLERS!!!!

The stats are impressive, but the competition has not been all that great......just saying!

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
The stats are impressive, but the competition has not been all that great......just saying!

Regardless of the competition, it takes an accurate qb to make the completions. Just so you know, the stats were just as impressive last season.

So, don't come on here bashing. Enjoy your moment while you can. And, I hope that Stephenville don't end up being another Brownwood. I see that Stephenville folks are coming from everywhere, just as Brownwood. Act like you've been here before.

OldBison75
09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
The competition may not look that good to you. Coldspring is a pretty darn good team, ask LaMarque. Lexington is top ten in 2A. Willis will likely make the 4A playoffs this year. Fairfield will probably be a playoff team again this year.

The impressive thing I see in the Rattlers this year is that they are playing great defense. That, coupled with the fact that with penalty problems, resulting in at least eight touchdowns called back, and losing their all-state middle linebacker for the season a couple of weeks ago, they are still rolling.

Are they the best team in 3A? I will be honest and say not right now. The offensive line is improving but needs alot to be a championship team. I see alot of potential though. There have been moments of absolute brilliance this year in every game, but to put a whole performance together for 48 minutes has not happened yet.

In the past five years, I only know of one game the Rattlers were completely outmanned. Liberty Hill gave the Rattlers a butt whipping in the Quarterfinals. And, I'll say this, we made no excuses and the people from Liberty Hill will vouch for that.

I posted the stats because I wanted to give a group of kids some recognition. Very little is said about the Rattlers on this forum and that is fine. You will find that the Rattler fans are very proud and supportive of their team, but after five straight QF losses, we are humble also.

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
The competition may not look that good to you. Coldspring is a pretty darn good team, ask LaMarque. Lexington is top ten in 2A. Willis will likely make the 4A playoffs this year. Fairfield will probably be a playoff team again this year.

The impressive thing I see in the Rattlers this year is that they are playing great defense. That, coupled with the fact that with penalty problems, resulting in at least eight touchdowns called back, and losing their all-state middle linebacker for the season a couple of weeks ago, they are still rolling.

Are they the best team in 3A? I will be honest and say not right now. The offensive line is improving but needs alot to be a championship team. I see alot of potential though. There have been moments of absolute brilliance this year in every game, but to put a whole performance together for 48 minutes has not happened yet.

In the past five years, I only know of one game the Rattlers were completely outmanned. Liberty Hill gave the Rattlers a butt whipping in the Quarterfinals. And, I'll say this, we made no excuses and the people from Liberty Hill will vouch for that.

I posted the stats because I wanted to give a group of kids some recognition. Very little is said about the Rattlers on this forum and that is fine. You will find that the Rattler fans are very proud and supportive of their team, but after five straight QF losses, we are humble also.

Well said!

hookandladder
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Great overall stats for the offense, Baker throws a great ball just which you could put 3 or 4 inches on him. He is also very fortunate to have some very talented receivers to go get the ball, without good receivers a QB is just not the same. Sats are great however the State Title is what matters, Good luck to the Rattlers. Also what LB is out for the season.

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Great overall stats for the offense, Baker throws a great ball just which you could put 3 or 4 inches on him. He is also very fortunate to have some very talented receivers to go get the ball, without good receivers a QB is just not the same. Sats are great however the State Title is what matters, Good luck to the Rattlers. Also what LB is out for the season.

Starts with the QB.

Will Imhoff

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2012, 11:45 PM
In the past five years, I only know of one game the Rattlers were completely outmanned. Liberty Hill

2010 Chapel Hill?

They smashed you guys and then smashed us the next week.

hookandladder
10-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Starts with the QB.

Will Imhoff

Man that is terrible about Will, his parents and Will are top notch people. I feel for them, no one compete's like Will. It starts with the QB but without good receivers you do not put up that kind of numbers in that kind of system, it takes a number of athletic receivers to be successful in that type of offense. Trust me I am not knocking the Baker kid, We have seen him at many QB camps over the summer and he and his Dad seem to be really good people. You guys have a good shot at making a long run this year, Good Luck.

Smitty
10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Regardless of the competition, it takes an accurate qb to make the completions. Just so you know, the stats were just as impressive last season.

So, don't come on here bashing. Enjoy your moment while you can. And, I hope that Stephenville don't end up being another Brownwood. I see that Stephenville folks are coming from everywhere, just as Brownwood. Act like you've been here before.

Again I will say "The stats are impressive", but the competition has not been that great. Coldspring caught LaMarque napping and look what has happened to them since that win, they lost to Mauriceville by 15, then beat up on a very bad Shepherd team. Coldspring was way overrated to start the season. Willis, ok lots of teams will make the playoffs in 4-A, thats not credibility. Lexington,
c-mone is a 2-A school that you should dismantle. Fairfield, they have a good record, but I will save my thoughts on them until after they play Glen Rose on friday.

Stephenville got the wakeup call they needed in the first game, I just hope Navasota does not pin thier hopes on the competition they have faced so far.
and fairfield

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Again I will say "The stats are impressive", but the competition has not been that great. Coldspring caught LaMarque napping and look what has happened to them since that win, they lost to Mauriceville by 15, then beat up on a very bad Shepherd team. Coldspring was way overrated to start the season. Willis, ok lots of teams will make the playoffs in 4-A, thats not credibility. Lexington,
c-mone is a 2-A school that you should dismantle. Fairfield, they have a good record, but I will save my thoughts on them until after they play Glen Rose on friday.

Stephenville got the wakeup call they needed in the first game, I just hope Navasota does not pin thier hopes on the competition they have faced so far.
and fairfield

Don't go comparing Navasota's competition to that of Stephenville's. Unless Navasota and Stephenville have played each other, it's pointless.

Do a little more homework before you make such statements. The thread isn't titled, who has played the best competition, now isn't it? As mentioned, this thread is hilighting the stats. In the playoffs last year against Sealy, Huffman Hargrave, and Tyler Chapel Hill, the offensive stats were just as impressive. Also, as stated, the what has gotten better is Navasota's defense, which, most in the state will agree, has been the issue for Navasota.

We don't care what type of Wake Up Call Stephenville got in their loss. This isn't about Stephenville. Stop trying to make every thread Stephenville Related. It's A MAJOR TURN OFF!

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM
2010 Chapel Hill?

They smashed you guys and then smashed us the next week.

True. Don't remind us, lol.

OldBison75
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
It amazes me that I can post something to highlight the performance of a few high school kids, with no reference to the competition, expectations, predictions, or even mention another team and get people that find it necessary to try and make it a challenge to minimize the accomplishments of these kids.

If you will take note, I have said all year that I believed that Navasota has a chance to go all the way this year, but there are issues that must improve to make it happen. I have not found it necessary to downplay how good any other team is or could be. I will assure you that the Rattlers have eaten enough humble pie over that last five years to know better than to believe they are unbeatable.

As for our competition, anyone that judges a team they have not seen play based on comparing them to other game scores or what classification they are is a dangerous practice. I am willing to bet there are some people that are gonna misjudge how good Coldspring can be, and I know from seeing Lexington and Cameron play that they can beat a lot of top level 3A teams if you have afew bad breaks against them.

Smitty
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Don't go comparing Navasota's competition to that of Stephenville's. Unless Navasota and Stephenville have played each other, it's pointless.

Do a little more homework before you make such statements. The thread isn't titled, who has played the best competition, now isn't it? As mentioned, this thread is hilighting the stats. In the playoffs last year against Sealy, Huffman Hargrave, and Tyler Chapel Hill, the offensive stats were just as impressive. Also, as stated, the what has gotten better is Navasota's defense, which, most in the state will agree, has been the issue for Navasota.

We don't care what type of Wake Up Call Stephenville got in their loss. This isn't about Stephenville. Stop trying to make every thread Stephenville Related. It's A MAJOR TURN OFF!

HEMOTOXIC your a real tool, all I said was the competition has not been that great......there was no mention of Stephenville's schedule compared to Navasota's schedule until you made the comparision. I also said the stats were impressive! You get on your high horse about my comment just because you saw that I was from Stephenville, sounds like you may have a little complex there buddy.

venomous tat2
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I was at the Stephenville / La Vega game I had to see what all the bragging and talk was about on here and I was not impressed , ya'll have a very good team don't get me wrong but ya'll are not ALL that. La Vega hung with ya'll without a passing game till the turnover at the fifty yard line in the 4th Qtr. I hope you don't think 3A will rollover cause it ain't gonna happen. La Vega with a passing game would have won but the turnovers and no passing game let ya'll make it, they ( La Vega ) had the speed to take it to you. JMO

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
HEMOTOXIC your a real tool, all I said was the competition has not been that great......there was no mention of Stephenville's schedule compared to Navasota's schedule until you made the comparision. I also said the stats were impressive! You get on your high horse about my comment just because you saw that I was from Stephenville, sounds like you may have a little complex there buddy.

:hijacktd:

You didn't have to. Everyone from Stephenville has already put it out about the level of competitiion that Stephenville has seen. And you want to talk about a high horse, that's some funny s***. All this coming from the 4A drop down that had claimed a championship before the season even started. Stop hijacking every thread!

ccmom
10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
It amazes me that I can post something to highlight the performance of a few high school kids, with no reference to the competition, expectations, predictions, or even mention another team and get people that find it necessary to try and make it a challenge to minimize the accomplishments of these kids.

If you will take note, I have said all year that I believed that Navasota has a chance to go all the way this year, but there are issues that must improve to make it happen. I have not found it necessary to downplay how good any other team is or could be. I will assure you that the Rattlers have eaten enough humble pie over that last five years to know better than to believe they are unbeatable.

As for our competition, anyone that judges a team they have not seen play based on comparing
them to other game scores or what classification they are is a dangerous practice. I am willing to
bet there are some people that are gonna misjudge how good Coldspring can be, and I know from
seeing Lexington and Cameron play that they can beat a lot of top level 3A teams if you have afew
bad breaks against them.

:clap: :clap:

Smitty
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
:clap: :clap:

Ok, I did not intend for this to come to this point, but if you are from Stephenville you are automatically on this board to put every other team down. Well I suppose this is what you really want to hear so here it is.

#2 in 4-A seeya
#2 in 3-A seeya
#10 in 4-A seeya

enough said!

OldBison75
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
And Smitty, why is it so hard to just say that the stats I posted to bring attention to some kids, without saying anything about how they were better than anybody or out-shined anybody were impressive without having to then immediately rag on the competition they were compiled against. Why does it have to be even brought up when the numbers themselves are pretty darned impressive against any competition.

garciap77
10-01-2012, 10:49 PM

When did Stephenville move down to 3A?

83Indian
10-01-2012, 11:08 PM
The numbers are impressive and something your team can hang your hat on. Keep building confidence and getting better. Last year Alvarado had arguably the best defense in 3A and the stats were something that we were proud of. In the end however, stats don't guarantee a win. In the State Championship against Chapel Hill, Alvarado had more yardage on about 20 less offensive plays but still lost. Held Chapel Hill to barely 300 yards. You guys have a real shot to win it all so keep compiling those great numbers.

HEMOTOXIC
10-01-2012, 11:35 PM
The numbers are impressive and something your team can hang your hat on. Keep building confidence and getting better. Last year Alvarado had arguably the best defense in 3A and the stats were something that we were proud of. In the end however, stats don't guarantee a win. In the State Championship against Chapel Hill, Alvarado had more yardage on about 20 less offensive plays but still lost. Held Chapel Hill to barely 300 yards. You guys have a real shot to win it all so keep compiling those great numbers.

Thanks, 83Indian. By no means are we thinking that stats will gurantee wins. As you stated, we are just proud of what is going on in the Brazos Valley. Good, positive news that has the whole town and surrounding areas talking about Rattler football. Even folks from our biggest rival, Brenham, is excited about this Rattler group. We know that we still have a long way to go. The town knows that and the team especially understand that nothing hasn't been won.

Hopefully, we will continue to work on what we have started. I tell ya, 5 straight Quarterfinal losses is a tough pill to swallow. But, we are humbled by that and we have learned from our experiences. We want to be where the La Marque's, Celina's, Stephenville's, Carthage's, Sealy's, etc have been and will likely be again.

Also, as you stated, the numbers are impressive. If we weren't better than our competition, well, maybe the numbers wouldn't be as good as they are. Yes, we have beat every team soundly. Take it as it is, but, Coldspring over the past few years has been to the title game and the simifinals, Lexington has played in the semifinals over the last two seasons as well. Fairfield has been 10-0 during the regular season over the last two seasons. Navasota has been impressive, but, a top ranked team is supposed to be impressive if not dominant, RIGHT? Had we not been, Everyone would be asking themselves is Navasota as good as their ranking? Some are probably asking that anyway.

Well, as the saying goes, only time will tell....

Good Luck and hopefully everyone will stay injury free.

regaleagle
10-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I noticed you didn't include any rushing stats in your post. What about that? How often does Navasota run the ball, and what do those stats look like? Being totally one-dimensional does not bode well against a good passing defense. Argyle has one, so I'm interested in hearing your response. I think we have 6 interceptions so far, 2 fumble returns, and lots of sacks and pressures. And 2 punt returns for TD's also. No, I'm wrong. ONE guy has 6 interceptions, the team has 9 or 10.

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I noticed you didn't include any rushing stats in your post. What about that? How often does Navasota run the ball, and what do those stats look like? Being totally one-dimensional does not bode well against a good passing defense. Argyle has one, so I'm interested in hearing your response. I think we have 6 interceptions so far, 2 fumble returns, and lots of sacks and pressures. And 2 punt returns for TD's also. No, I'm wrong. ONE guy has 6 interceptions, the team has 9 or 10.

Looks like we are avg around 100 yards per game rushing. Those aren't as impressive, but, the run game is effective when it is needed. Liberty Hill and those good Giddings teams did just fine being one dimensional.

and fairfield

Glen Rose sucks a$$.

vtskneb
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Smitty, no worries. He did the same thing in the thread Sville posted on the hi-lites of Aledo. Somehow you doing that same type comparison is a punishable offense from a cocky stuck up Stephenville poster who is misunderstanding 3A but when he does it is okay. They need a villain to justify their hypocritical view points and Stephenville got the golden ticket this year. We are also an easy comparison to Brownwood so they project the issues they had in 2010 with those posters onto our fan base. That and we are cocky. :)

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Smitty, no worries. He did the same thing in the thread Sville posted on the hi-lites of Aledo. Somehow you doing that same type comparison is a punishable offense from a cocky stuck up Stephenville poster who is misunderstanding 3A but when he does it is okay. They need a villain to justify their hypocritical view points and Stephenville got the golden ticket this year. We are also an easy comparison to Brownwood so they project the issues they had in 2010 with those posters onto our fan base. That and we are cocky. :)

Once again, you are as ignorant as they come, not cocky, you haven't proven anything! What I said, and others agreed, was Aledo looked horrible.. They sure as hell didn't look like the #2 team in 4A. Also, I did say that Stephenville had alot to do with how bad Aledo looked. So, stop looking to start sh*t. No one is that concerned with Stephenville. You and the rest are dillusional. Yes, the Stephenville following reminds everyone of Brownwood of two seasons ago. Every time you look up, some from Stephenville is putting their one cent worth. If you don't beat a team by x amount, there's an issue, if you let the other team score, there's an issue, if you don't play the same teams that Stephenville has played, there's an issue, if you post your team stats, there's an issue.

Appears to me that the some, NOT ALL, from Stephenville, are the one's with the complex. Must be alot of pressure playing down in little ol' 3A to win it all, huh?

vtskneb
10-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Once again, you are as ignorant as they come, not cocky, you haven't proven anything! What I said, and others agreed, was Aledo looked horrible.. They sure as hell didn't look like the #2 team in 4A. Also, I did say that Stephenville had alot to do with how bad Aledo looked. So, stop looking to start sh*t. No one is that concerned with Stephenville. You and the rest are dillusional. Yes, the Stephenville following reminds everyone of Brownwood of two seasons ago. Every time you look up, some from Stephenville is putting their one cent worth. If you don't beat a team by x amount, there's an issue, if you let the other team score, there's an issue, if you don't play the same teams that Stephenville has played, there's an issue, if you post your team stats, there's an issue.

Appears to me that the some, NOT ALL, from Stephenville, are the one's with the complex. Must be alot of pressure playing down in little ol' 3A to win it all, huh?

Well you rationalize your thoughts all you want. Smitty gave your team props too, yet he is popping off about something he knows nothing about. Hmmm, sounds familiar. I am ignorant because I call you out on your bs??? You welcomed yourself into a thread that had nothing to do with you. How is that any different from this thread? I will help connect the dots for you, it is the same thing. Your tenure on this website has made you feel you can pass judgement on those who are acting in the same manner as you have. You can spin all you want fact is you did the same thing but you feel justified for some reason in doing what smitty has done. Why don't you take some of the advice you feel the need to hand out. You brought Stephenville into this conversation not the other way around.

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Well you rationalize your thoughts all you want. Smitty gave your team props too, yet he is popping off about something he knows nothing about. Hmmm, sounds familiar. I am ignorant because I call you out on your bs??? You welcomed yourself into a thread that had nothing to do with you. How is that any different from this thread? I will help connect the dots for you, it is the same thing. Your tenure on this website has made you feel you can pass judgement on those who are acting in the same manner as you have. You can spin all you want fact is you did the same thing but you feel justified for some reason in doing what smitty has done. Why don't you take some of the advice you feel the need to hand out. You brought Stephenville into this conversation not the other way around.

Nothing negative was ever said about Stephenville. I stated that Aledo didn't look impressive. I haven't seen Stephenville, as none of you have seen Navasota, so, I don't have an opinion about the team. The only opinion I have is about the fans who think that they are the 3A GODS. Otherwise, everytime someone posts something about their team, her comes the boo birds, mainly from Stephenville. There's a term for those who are negative towards others only to make themselves look good. And, it's not called being cocky. And there's nothing that you could possibly be calling me out on. I know ignorance and bs when I see it, I have seen a lot of it from you.

jason
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I know ignorance...when I see it, I have seen alot of it from you.

*a lot

:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
*a lot

:D

Give me time to edit.

vtskneb
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Nothing negative was ever said about Stephenville. I stated that Aledo didn't look impressive. I haven't seen Stephenville, as none of you have seen Navasota, so, I don't have an opinion about the team. The only opinion I have is about the fans who think that they are the 3A GODS. Otherwise, everytime someone posts something about their team, her comes the boo birds, mainly from Stephenville. There's a term for those who are negative towards others only to make themselves look good. And, it's not called being cocky. And there's nothing that you could possibly be calling me out on. I know ignorance and bs when I see it, I have seen a lot of it from you.

We are proud of our team and you decide what is and isn't acceptable behavior? Come on man...I think it is pretty obvious what you are being called out for. You however continue on this rant of your superior sense of thinking above all those poor souls from Erath county. You call out how someone's opponent looks on film and then have a problem with Stephenville fans doing as much? Although, please show me where that happened here until you popped off about the comparison. Your hypocritical diatribes are becoming legendary.

OldBison75
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
We are proud of our team also. This whole thread was started to highlight a few Navasota players. It never said they were better than anybody or that it implied our superiority to any other player or team. What then happened is another school's posters immediately criticized the numbers and made reference to the numbers were against inferior competition.

Now, it seem that we have to argue about who said what over and over again. I have asked why a simple thread that in no way could be seen as bragging about Navasota being better than anybody else had to turn to this. No one will answer that question--everybody has to turn it into a competition.

I know Hemotoxic personally and can tell you that he is a football fan that has watched the Rattler faithful live through many highs and lows over the past five years especially. If you look back over those five years, you will find that he generally give a good, honest assessment of what he sees. We may not totally agree all of the time, but, he says what he sees. As for the Hilites that keeps getting brought up, they were just that, Stephenville hilites. They were not Aledo hilites, so they are showing the best of only one team in that game. When Stephenville is showing only the best plays on their side, then the other team will look at their worst. Heo's comment was that in those worst times of the game for Aledo, they did not look like they should be ranked as a #2 4A team. When you give such a small window to judge another team you have not seen play for a whole game or season, you make judgements on the information that is available, a one sided hilites video in this case.

Be proud of your team, that is fine, I applaud you. However, don't make every statement a battle. If Stephenville and Navasota end up playing in the playoffs it will be decided where it should be, on the field. If not, then we will all be left to have our own opinions. But, one thing I will assure you is that the Navasota fans will be the first to congratulate Stephenville if they win a head to head match. They will not make excuses or put blame anywhere but on the quality of the opponent.

hollywood
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Lots of :stirpot: going on here. Remember, people have feelings. If you can't hack it, go somewhere else. :wave:

hollywood
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I was at the Stephenville / La Vega game I had to see what all the bragging and talk was about on here and I was not impressed , ya'll have a very good team don't get me wrong but ya'll are not ALL that. La Vega hung with ya'll without a passing game till the turnover at the fifty yard line in the 4th Qtr. I hope you don't think 3A will rollover cause it ain't gonna happen. La Vega with a passing game would have won but the turnovers and no passing game let ya'll make it, they ( La Vega ) had the speed to take it to you. JMO

Speak for yourself. I'm sure Navasota is very good as their record and stats indicate. It's still somewhat early in the season. Stephenville isn't ALL that yet. I think they will peak at the perfect time. A lot of young players out there that are still learning the speed of the game. Remember that only a handful of these players started a full season last year and about half of this years team will return next season. Just a FYI

Navasota deserves the #1 ranking until someone else has the team to beat them.

OldBison75
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Nobody has hurt feelings---but, since I started the thread, I think it would be nice for someone to answer my question on why it degraded to this point.

OldBison75
10-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I will say it if nobody else will, in my opinion, at this time of the season, the top three 3A teams seem to be Stephenville, Navasota, and West Orange Stark. There are about eight other teams that can beat any of those three on any given night. By the time playoffs roll around, I think we will see some big upsets.

hollywood
10-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I will say it if nobody else will, in my opinion, at this time of the season, the top three 3A teams seem to be Stephenville, Navasota, and West Orange Stark. There are about eight other teams that can beat any of those three on any given night. By the time playoffs roll around, I think we will see some big upsets.

I would humbly agree.

hollywood
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Nobody has hurt feelings---but, since I started the thread, I think it would be nice for someone to answer my question on why it degraded to this point.

It's called :stirpot: :1popcorn: :flaming:

hookandladder
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM

I would say at this time of the season, it does not mean jack squat. It's not how you arrive , it's how you finish. We are 4-1 and if our starters would have played more then a half in our last 3 games our stats would be very similar, our rushing yards would have been out the roof along with many more passing yards. Stats are pretty to look at but do not mean anything come crush time, not taking anything away from your team but just like many teams you guys are beatable.

venomous tat2
10-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm sure Navasota is very good as their record and stats indicate. It's still somewhat early in the season. Stephenville isn't ALL that yet. I think they will peak at the perfect time. A lot of young players out there that are still learning the speed of the game. Remember that only a handful of these players started a full season last year and about half of this years team will return next season. Just a FYI

Navasota deserves the #1 ranking until someone else has the team to beat them.
I can live with your statement , you are keeping it real on here ! can't say that for some of Stephenville supporters. Navasota posters don't bash or put down other teams , players , or coaches instead we give credit where it's due. Stephenville however is well coached and are very disciplined , that impressed me. Good luck and good football the rest of the way.

OldBison75
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Brought to you straight from stephenvilleyellowjackets.com.

Re: No love at 3A downlow
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:22:55 PM »

There are a few hipocrites from Navasota that think thiers is the only opinion that has any creditability.

OldBison75
10-04-2012, 07:56 PM
At least in Navasota we can spell hypocrite.

navscanmaster
10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
This is a manufactured rivalry, and is stupid. A great example of Internet trolling. I am proud of the Rattlers, if for no other reason than we stunk when I was in school, and never threw the ball. To have a QB averaging 300 ypg passing over his career at Navasota is no small accomplishment. It takes a line to protect, quarterback to deliver, and multiple receivers to catch the ball. The opponent can be a total pushover and the majority of HS receivers will not have the success and consistency these guys have shown week in and week out. Congrats on the recognition for your hard work boys, and Rattler Nation is behind you all the way. Stephenville, keep impressing and beating everybody in front of you and you will get your shot at the Rattlers.