PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Bandera

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks like it will be soph Qb vs soph Qb. 3rd string Rb has had two good weeks of running the ball , starting Rb should be back but not sure at what %. Defense has stepped it up, not as aggressive as i'd like to see , but putting good pressure when needed.

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 03:31 PM
This will be a good game. Bandera is looking better since losing a close one to Llano with two wins including an impressive 34-14 route of district favorite La Vernia. Wimberley seems to be reeling from a tough pre-district schedule going 2-3. Both are 2-3 but Bandera has the momentum with the two wins going in. I would not be surprised to see them steal this one from the Texans in their house. I'll take the Bulldogs by 10.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 04:37 PM
normally i would agree , but after losing starting Qb for the rest of the season, i'm not so sure. We've had players step up in Rb position but Miller may be a little harder to replace. Even tho Nelson has had playing time at Qb and Wide out, does'nt have Millers speed.

lbjacj
09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
This will be a good game. Bandera is looking better since losing a close one to Llano with two wins including an impressive 34-14 route of district favorite La Vernia. Wimberley seems to be reeling from a tough pre-district schedule going 2-3. Both are 2-3 but Bandera has the momentum with the two wins going in. I would not be surprised to see them steal this one from the Texans in their house. I'll take the Bulldogs by 10.

LOL!
Texans by as much as they want!

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 04:50 PM
LOL!
Texans by as much as they want!

Ha Ha If not they'll post the stats and make excusses about how close the game really was, etc.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Ha Ha If not they'll post the stats and make excusses about how close the game really was, etc.

This game is two weeks away and I don't think even your pie hole has enough filling to last that long. :wave:You need to recruit some help. Oh that's right. It's just you. :crying: Texans by 28.

lbjacj
09-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Hey bulldog82 I am a big fan of Bandera! I have friends and co-workers that live there. I root for them every game except when they play us and was glad to see that they won last night but I don't see them being able to hang with the Texans let alone win by 10! They lost to 2a George West and Devine put up 60 on them and then they lose to Antonian Prep?
After our performance last night I feel very good about our chances to be 7-3 going into the playoffs!

Gone Fishing
09-29-2012, 05:23 PM

I can promise you no one so far has played LH as good as they got played last night , not even Giddings and they beat um. Ya'll probably can't beat Rockdale if that gives you any clue what LH would do to the bulldogs. Just saying. I figured we might be 3 and 2 going into your game, but unfortunately we are 2 and 3, but we'll just have to settle for 7 and 3 instead of 8 and 2...LOL...Then playoffs are anybody's guess. Wimberley by 28 .

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Ya'll are so easy to get all worked up !

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 06:01 PM
It's difficult to confront the fact that you are not the State Champions anymore.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 06:16 PM
It's difficult to confront the fact that you are not the State Champions anymore.

Till they are dethrown they are.:clap:

All the meaninful games are about to began. The creme of the crop will prove themselves. And Pud, I see your team and the WT as those type teams. Experience means a lot, and I'm sure those current WT players gained vital experience last year, in one of the best season's I enjoyed tagging along with them, and witnessed.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 06:17 PM

We are still "The Champs" until somebody else wins it. Sorry that bothers you so much.

Gone Fishing
09-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Till they are dethrown they are.:clap:

All the meaninful games are about to began. The creme of the crop will prove themselves. And Pud, I see your team and the WT as those type teams. Experience means a lot, and I'm sure those current WT players gained vital experience last year, in one of the best season's I enjoyed tagging along with them, and witnessed.

Thanks YT and well put. Wimberley Texans - State Champions

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 06:54 PM
We are still "The Champs" until somebody else wins it. Sorry that bothers you so much.

We? Those boys on the field won the state championship. Last time I checked you been commenting on this forum over 2000 times, really? You dont have anything better to do than sit in front of your computer screen talking trash about how good the team is that happens to be your town. You are the reason why noone likes Wimberley.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Thats where you are badly mistaken, Pudlugger. We ARE reigning state champs, until another is crowned. I know you might not like that, but its the way it works. What we do and where we end up has nothing to do with that fact. We ARE State Champions.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 07:16 PM
We? Those boys on the field won the state championship. Last time I checked you been commenting on this forum over 2000 times, really? You dont have anything better to do than sit in front of your computer screen talking trash about how good the team is that happens to be your town. You are the reason why noone likes Wimberley.

Oh good lord, bbfan. Loosen up. It's a discussion board. Thats what you do on a discussion board. If you dont like it, you can take your mentally slow arse off the board, and tend to your flock. WE are Wimberley, YOU are nothing more than a jealous wanna-be.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 07:18 PM

Bulldog...you have missed our point completely. We have been beaten 3 times. No one said we hadnt. We have congratulated the winner every time. Then, as any good fan does, we try to find something good in the loss to build on for the next week(s). What else would you do? Never heard anyone making excuses.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh good lord, bbfan. Loosen up. It's a discussion board. Thats what you do on a discussion board. If you dont like it, you can take your mentally slow arse off the board, and tend to your flock. WE are Wimberley, YOU are nothing more than a jealous wanna-be.

LMAO!! Now the guy with nearly 6000 posts comes to fight tejas's battle....Jesus.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:00 PM
LMAO!! Now the guy with nearly 6000 posts comes to fight tejas's battle....Jesus.

Listen bbfan...I owe you an apology, son. One of your Bandera friends messaged me and told me you were just a boy. I should have noticed from the "2010" in your name. I feel bad about arguing with just a child, so please accept my apology. I can tell you are still feeling the sting of recent losses by the Texans, so I shouldn't poke at those childhood wounds. I hope your mom and dad understand and know that I had no intent of harming their boy. Again....my apologies.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Listen bbfan...I owe you an apology, son. One of your Bandera friends messaged me and told me you were just a boy. I should have noticed from the "2010" in your name. I feel bad about arguing with just a child, so please accept my apology. I can tell you are still feeling the sting of recent losses by the Texans, so I shouldn't poke at those childhood wounds. I hope your mom and dad understand and know that I had no intent of harming their boy. Again....my apologies.

Ok, 2008-2009 Bandera DOMINATED your little Texans

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Ya'll are so easy to get all worked up !

Ha ha so true. Pretty touchy these guys. Can't defend the title on the field so they try like all heck to do so on a bulletin board LOL!

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:16 PM

Thats great, bbfan.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Ha ha so true. Pretty touchy these guys. Can't defend the title on the field so they try like all heck to do so on a bulletin board LOL!

LOL@Pudlugger...I wouldnt say we are "touchy"...disappointed we haven't done better on the field, true. We have the talent to be better than we have been, but it is what it is. Hopefully we will get it together for the district play, and hopefully we unload several weeks of frustration all over Bandera!!!

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM

So true my son NEVER lost to WT,even as soph on JV when we were down 26 with less than 3 min. left in game came back to end in tie. tho had game won on EXP but ref granted time out after the snap and didnt make it on re-try.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Unlike Bandera the whole Wimberley community supports their team. I think many would call it a family atmosphere. It will always be "We" because the Texans represent not only themselves but the school, the community, and the town of Wimberley so stop whining and go get mommy to change your diaper.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4822501674255295&id=12e994be1c1471d6d06fc876b8d229a6

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Unlike Bandera the whole Wimberley community supports their team. I think many would call it a family atmosphere. It will always be "We" because the Texans represent not only themselves but the school, the community, and the town of Wimberley so stop whining and go get mommy to change your diaper.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4822501674255295&id=12e994be1c1471d6d06fc876b8d229a6

Ha!!!

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Thats great, bbfan.

Yea so I think my "childhood wounds" are just fine...

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:25 PM

I'll just get yours :)

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Don't you think you need to be concerned about your team's disappointments in the playoffs or the lack thereof. Plenty of season left. Y'all could easily underachieve again.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Well said Tejastrue. When I am in Houston or Dallas, I say "we" when someone is talking about Wimberley ("we like it there"...or..."we are in a drought"). I say "we" when I am in New Jersey or California and someone is talking about Texas ("we are doing well compared to other states"...or..."we tend to think your state sucks"). I say "we" when I am out of the country and someone is talking about the USA ("we won more gold medals than you, loser"...or..."we think the backwater yak farm that you call a country is a piece of crap"). To use "we" when speaking of your sports team is not only common, its almost mandatory if you are really a true fan. Some people just will not see it that way....and I wonder if they feel the same way about their state and their country.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM

Who's the child here ?

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Yea so I think my "childhood wounds" are just fine...

Thats great, son.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Thats great, son.

Are you out of comebacks?

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Are you out of comebacks?

Already told you, son. I wont argue with a boy. It's just not what an adult should do.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I'll just get yours :)

So your diaper is dirty. Lol. Not surprised cause you are full of it and if you are that sick to dig up my mother from her grave she'd give you the ass whoopin you need that's apparently way overdue. LMAO.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Well I don't have time for this right now. Watching some Bandera boys kicking some a** in the WAC. Don't you have some WT boys to watch? Guess not !

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
So your diaper is dirty. Lol. Not surprised cause you are full of it and if you are that sick to dig up my mother from her grave she'd give you the ass whoopin you need that's apparently way overdue. LMAO.

You attacked my mom first son.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Already told you, son. I wont argue with a boy. It's just not what an adult should do.

I think this is the best approach Wimbo but I just can't stand it when snot nosed kids get on here and try to act intelligent.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:37 PM

The adult thing to do would not be talking trash to begin with, but I guess Tejas had to console you.

ogg
09-29-2012, 08:41 PM
The adult thing to do would not be talking trash to begin with, but I guess Tejas had to console you.

Texan's are gonna push you guys in the mud.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Who's the child here ?

It's been pointed out already Bulldog. Sad thing is he's probably your son.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Texan's are gonna push you guys in the mud.

Goooooooood one bro

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Nope nice try though.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM

Wrong again Colonel Sanders ! But he was a team mate and a real thorn in ya'lls side in the day!

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Wrong again Colonel Sanders ! But he was a team mate and a real thorn in ya'lls side in the day!

I like me some Colonel Sanders. Now if maybe you can explain to him that trash talking is what people do here (including yourself) then we can have some fun back and forth with the time leading up to the game.

BwdLion73
09-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Now here is a meet and greet that could be fun.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I like me some Colonel Sanders. Now if maybe you can explain to him that trash talking is what people do here (including yourself) then we can have some fun back and forth with the time leading up to the game.

I think this is fun. I am so bored I came here just to talk trash to you... You are getting your feelings hurt though, eh you gotta man up sometime.

Gone Fishing
09-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Do yall lift weights over there in Bandera?

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I think this is fun. I am so bored I came here just to talk trash to you... You are getting your feelings hurt though, eh you gotta man up sometime.

If you want to talk about the game then do so. Obviously it was not your intent. But if you still don't then you shouldn't even be here. As I said before Texans by 28.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 09:38 PM

I'm doing all the trash talking i can. like i said i like getting yall all defensive. We're not trying to back up a SC. We're just trying to crawl out of the cellar and make some noise doing it. Was looking at ya'lls 05 monument during a 7 on 7 tourny there and noticed we were the only ones that played ya'll close and put the most points on yall.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Well I don't have time for this right now. Watching some Bandera boys kicking some a** in the WAC. Don't you have some WT boys to watch? Guess not !

TD Cole Hicks !

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Hahahah yes, yes it would.

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 09:49 PM
TD Cole Hicks !

Yesssir!

bbfan2010
09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
If you want to talk about the game then do so. Obviously it was not your intent. But if you still don't then you shouldn't even be here. As I said before Texans by 28.

Texans by 28? *** you smoking? Go look at Banderas last couple games, especially La Vernia.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 10:00 PM

Hey I started it out about the match up. You're the one that said game is two weeks away and don't have a pie hole to talk that long all by myself with no back up and now you want to argue with the child thats got your panties in a bunch over being SC or not.
Now , with our starting Qb done for season and without his Sr leadership on the field, ya'll task at hand may have gotten a little easier, but these boys will not lay down and ya'll will know yall were in a fight . Yall may do better than 28 but is not going to be as easy as you think. even last year yall were down early till yall realized yall needed to put blakemore in . Our young soph Qb has been in but now will have to earn the respect of his team mates and be their leader. just as the 3rd string Rb has earned their respect as well as our coaches.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 10:05 PM
TD Cole Hicks !

Im sure yall remember him !!

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Funny Bulldog..you left out what prompted my response. Now who's panties are in a wad. Just how strongly I feel. It's not a diss on Bandera. We are due one of those games and I believe it will be against you guys. Just to mention ...nothing has been easy for us this year. Did I hear you call bbfan2010 a child? Lol...

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Funny Bulldog..you left out what prompted my response. Now who's panties are in a wad. Just how strongly I feel. It's not a diss on Bandera. We are due one of those games and I believe it will be against you guys. Just to mention ...nothing has been easy for us this year. Did I hear you call bbfan2010 a child? Lol...

Child........ Just repeating whats been disscussed so you know who i'm refering to. He's not a child ,but a young man , that yes , may be chapped a little from the past years of competition against WT
I give what didi leave out that prompted your response?

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Child........ Just repeating whats been disscussed so you know who i'm refering to. He's not a child ,but a young man , that yes , may be chapped a little from the past years of competition against WT
I give what didi leave out that prompted your response?

I know you know how to read your own posts. No excuses now.

Bassact
09-29-2012, 11:13 PM

Seriously? If had a bye that week I might just show up to watch the M&G.. Maybe Bandera can make a showing - cuase it sure won't show up on the scoreboard..

Wimberley rolls and has to call ff the Texans early!

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 11:18 PM

hhahahaha!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm doing all the trash talking i can. like i said i like getting yall all defensive. We're not trying to back up a SC. We're just trying to crawl out of the cellar and make some noise doing it. Was looking at ya'lls 05 monument during a 7 on 7 tourny there and noticed we were the only ones that played ya'll close and put the most points on yall.

In a losing effort....

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Seriously? Maybe Bandera can make a showing - cuase it sure won't show up on the scoreboard..

Wimberley rolls and has to call ff the Texans early!

Kinda what I am thinking. Bandera is no LH.

bulldog82
09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
In a losing effort....

Real nice. Enjoy what yall have going for now, hope yall never have to endure growing pains or a struggling program and have to put up with the constant dissing that you continuosly dish out . Good luck in ditrict . I feel that your arrogance may be one of the reasons that keeps me anti WT.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Real nice. Enjoy what yall have going for now, hope yall never have to endure growing pains or a struggling program and have to put up with the constant dissing that you continuosly dish out . Good luck in ditrict . I feel that your arrogance may be one of the reasons that keeps me anti WT.

You need to get a grip, Bulldog. We have shown no arrogance towards Bandera, only confidence in our young, struggling team and hope in an obviously less-than-strong year, coming off a State Championship. From your unwarranted comments, we are in defense of our pride in an uncalled onslaught from (of all people) some Bandera supporters.

It is you who needs to back down and realize you haven't shown even a BLIP on the radar screen of Texas 3A football for a decade.
It is you who needs to back down and realize you haven't shown any class nor sportsmanship in your comments, from (of all people) Bandera supporters.
It is you who needs to back down and realize you (of all people) need to put up or shut up. You are coming across as a lot of loud mouths with nothing to back it up.

What has Bandera done lately? Who the hell is Bandera anyways?? Seriously....what have you done lately??? I mean in the last 9 years or so....anything? Anything at all? I think you are better off to save your mouthy diatribes for AFTER you do something...not before. Maybe in the next 9 or 10 years, you might have something to spew about. Until then....just HUSH.

bulldog82
09-30-2012, 01:32 AM
You need to get a grip, Bulldog. We have shown no arrogance towards Bandera, only confidence in our young, struggling team and hope in an obviously less-than-strong year, coming off a State Championship. From your unwarranted comments, we are in defense of our pride in an uncalled onslaught from (of all people) some Bandera supporters.

It is you who needs to back down and realize you haven't shown even a BLIP on the radar screen of Texas 3A football for a decade.
It is you who needs to back down and realize you haven't shown any class nor sportsmanship in your comments, from (of all people) Bandera supporters.
It is you who needs to back down and realize you (of all people) need to put up or shut up. You are coming across as a lot of loud mouths with nothing to back it up.

What has Bandera done lately? Who the hell is Bandera anyways?? Seriously....what have you done lately??? I mean in the last 9 years or so....anything? Anything at all? I think you are better off to save your mouthy diatribes for AFTER you do something...not before. Maybe in the next 9 or 10 years, you might have something to spew about. Until then....just HUSH.

GET A GRIP !!! WOW Maybe it's you that needs to read their post.. I started by matching up soph Qb's , stated we're on 3rd Rb . then it's ya'll......... we couldn't even beat rockdale, we're no LH, ya'll have already blown thru dist. at 7 and 3.. you need to get a grip..Wt by as much as they want, WT will call off the texans, we are wanta be's.............YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP !!
Yea I talked s*** when you were jumping on BBfan2010. I was taking up for him. You say you won't argue with a boy, but you kept on.. Yea so did he , he's a kid. GET A GRIP !
What have we done ? In 08,09 we were ranked and not as a returning SC . yall are off the chart now ! GET A GRIP !
Beat yalls a** both those years too . Bad at your house til calling off the dogs ! YOU GET A GRIP !
Am I calling you out ? Saying what has WT done............. Who the hell is WT ? ..............Have I said you have no class or sportsmanship in my coments ?.....Have I attacked your people or supporters ?
Where do you come off to tell me to shut up ? Have I told you to ? You don't like what I have to say fine , don't respond , don't read it , I could care less.
You act like you have something to do with how these kids play or act , when all you are is a supporter. Heck your probably just a computer geek , you probably didn't play football , you probably were in the band. I will NOT hush wether we do anything or not im here and ill coment on whatever I want . So YOU GET A GRIP !!!!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 08:07 AM
GET A GRIP !!! WOW Maybe it's you that needs to read their post.. I started by matching up soph Qb's , stated we're on 3rd Rb . then it's ya'll......... we couldn't even beat rockdale, we're no LH, ya'll have already blown thru dist. at 7 and 3.. you need to get a grip..Wt by as much as they want, WT will call off the texans, we are wanta be's.............YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP !!
Yea I talked s*** when you were jumping on BBfan2010. I was taking up for him. You say you won't argue with a boy, but you kept on.. Yea so did he , he's a kid. GET A GRIP !
What have we done ? In 08,09 we were ranked and not as a returning SC . yall are off the chart now ! GET A GRIP !
Beat yalls a** both those years too . Bad at your house til calling off the dogs ! YOU GET A GRIP !
Am I calling you out ? Saying what has WT done............. Who the hell is WT ? ..............Have I said you have no class or sportsmanship in my coments ?.....Have I attacked your people or supporters ?
Where do you come off to tell me to shut up ? Have I told you to ? You don't like what I have to say fine , don't respond , don't read it , I could care less.
You act like you have something to do with how these kids play or act , when all you are is a supporter. Heck your probably just a computer geek , you probably didn't play football , you probably were in the band. I will NOT hush wether we do anything or not im here and ill coment on whatever I want . So YOU GET A GRIP !!!!!!!!!!!

And now we have come to the reason for my post...to prove who it is that is really "easy to get all worked up". BAM!!!

bulldog82
09-30-2012, 11:31 AM
And now we have come to the reason for my post...to prove who it is that is really "easy to get all worked up". BAM!!!

Whatever ! If only that were true.

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Whatever ! If only that were true.

Ouch!! Stinging retort...

Tejastrue
09-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow, I thought this would have ended by now. Gonna run out of material in a few days and we still have almost two weeks to go. Bulldog..your boy came straight out of the chute with comments toward me personally. My "pie hole" comment to you was a bit much but you touched a nerve with your "excuses" comment as you very well intended to do.

I know several Wimberley people on here have actually shared pleasant comments with you and wished Bandera the best in getting their program turned around.

Without going back to look I believe you were taking shots at us throughout last year and it has carried into 2012. Nothing wrong with that but what did you expect us to do? If I am wrong about this then I apologize.

SintonFan
09-30-2012, 12:34 PM
:1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
:1popcorn:

<<<buys SintonFan a beer to go with the popcorn>>>

We got two weeks...don't go anywhere....

bulldog82
09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow, I thought this would have ended by now. Gonna run out of material in a few days and we still have almost two weeks to go. Bulldog..your boy came straight out of the chute with comments toward me personally. My "pie hole" comment to you was a bit much but you touched a nerve with your "excuses" comment as you very well intended to do.

I know several Wimberley people on here have actually shared pleasant comments with you and wished Bandera the best in getting their program turned around.

Without going back to look I believe you were taking shots at us throughout last year and it has carried into 2012. Nothing wrong with that but what did you expect us to do? If I am wrong about this then I apologize.

My "boy" is that and has personally and physically taken WT wrath and understandably is still stinging from years past. Maybe "excusses" was not the right word to use there. But had or have I used the explanations being used to describe a game i'm sure without a doubt I would be accussed of making excusses. If WT beats us i'm sure bigger % will be that they were the better team that night. But there is always the other % , such as turnovers, homer refs, etc. Which if I would bring up would immediately get attacked
Now back to my original post, after losing starting Sr. Qb that was the heart of this years team, suffering Rb issues, the fact that we will be coming into your house, these boys will be facing a huge task. The only plus is that WT is suffering their own adversities. One good thing, if there is such a thing, that the past years may have taught our coaching staff , is how to adapt to adversities. Going back as far as 08 09 when this curse seems to have all started, the coaches have had to learn on the fly. So far with the Rb situation they have been able to make adjustments, They've got 2 weeks to work on the Qb situation.
Yes I have taken my shots only to be slammed two fold, and will continue to take shots when warranted, But W pro was out of line wether just proving a point about gettng me worked up or not. And I will not apologize for my reaction or actions.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Ref's better be quick after tackles, to have their presence known, or--this thing could look like a NFL game with those replacements officials. Hope the kid's don't have the feeling some of the fan's have? :flaming:

bbfan2010
09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I really hope wimberley gets spanked...I bet when Wimberley struggles in a few years these guys won't even show up on this forum. Its kinda pathetic that they will still trash talk, when they probably just sit in front of their computers all day with their hands half way down their pants.

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I really hope wimberley gets spanked...I bet when Wimberley struggles in a few years these guys won't even show up on this forum. Its kinda pathetic that they will still trash talk, when they probably just sit in front of their computers all day with their hands half way down their pants.

Thats great, bbfan.

Bulldog, toughen up...its just trash talk. I did take note of you laying the ground for the old "homer ref" charge, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

ogg
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Wimberley has great respect for your football team, town and people that live there. We’re very excited about our team as it transforms though rebuilding and enjoy the progress we see. Each game has presented opportunities to learn from. We love our team, coaches and fellow fans.

bulldog82
09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Wimberley has great respect for your football team, town and people that live there. We’re very excited about our team as it transforms though rebuilding and enjoy the progress we see. Each game has presented opportunities to learn from. We love our team, coaches and fellow fans.

That's funny . Earlier before season started there was a thread breaking down the districts. I made a comment that there was no real dominating team , that everyone would be in rebuilding stage. I was promptly corrected by a WT that "WT does not re-build , they re-load. " Now your saying your team is transforming through re-building. ? Not trying to make anything of it . It just stuck out in my mind.

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
That's funny . Earlier before season started there was a thread breaking down the districts. I made a comment that there was no real dominating team , that everyone would be in rebuilding stage. I was promptly corrected by a WT that "WT does not re-build , they re-load. " Now your saying your team is transforming through re-building. ? Not trying to make anything of it . It just stuck out in my mind.

I think thats just a common saying, Bulldog. Like any small town, our talent comes in waves. Some waves are bigger than others, but the coaching has been consistent for more than a decade. We have 2 more waves that we have identified, its no secret to say our Sophmores are pretty tough, and our 8th graders (plus or minus) are going to be a good group as well. The present group we have, though not as thick with talent as the last couple years, will do well come play offs.

Tejastrue
09-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Agreed Wimbo. Too small of a school to re-load. Most of us said coming into to this year that 2-3 losses before district was very realistic. Heck, it was damn near 4. At the same time, we could have easily been 3-2 or even 4-1 at this point.

bulldog82
09-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I think thats just a common saying, Bulldog. Like any small town, our talent comes in waves. Some waves are bigger than others, but the coaching has been consistent for more than a decade. We have 2 more waves that we have identified, its no secret to say our Sophmores are pretty tough, and our 8th graders (plus or minus) are going to be a good group as well. The present group we have, though not as thick with talent as the last couple years, will do well come play offs.

I'm sure our sub level teams will suffer a loss . Our 7 & 8 grades suffer with coaching that could care less. freshman suffer cuz kids are burnt out from middle school. Jv suffers cuz all skilled players are moved up. I belive we start 6 or 7 soph on varsity. yall do very well on your waves for very reason you state. coaching that has been in place for good amount of time. once Nelms leaves I feel you'll be having the groing pains most schools do when an icon steps down. heck look at Cuero.

wimbo_pro
09-30-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm sure our sub level teams will suffer a loss . Our 7 & 8 grades suffer with coaching that could care less. freshman suffer cuz kids are burnt out from middle school. Jv suffers cuz all skilled players are moved up. I belive we start 6 or 7 soph on varsity. yall do very well on your waves for very reason you state. coaching that has been in place for good amount of time. once Nelms leaves I feel you'll be having the groing pains most schools do when an icon steps down. heck look at Cuero.

Wow...Cuero...haven't even heard hardly a peep about them. How strong are the memories of dreading meeting Cuero in the play offs.

Sportshack
09-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Lighten up Marvin as I am sure the Bulldog faithful were insufferable when they were marching to state championship in 2003 or whenever!!! Sheesh what a tool!!! Don't be hatin'!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

bulldog82
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Lighten up Marvin as I am sure the Bulldog faithful were insufferable when they were marching to state championship in 2003 or whenever!!! Sheesh what a tool!!! Don't be hatin'!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

No . There was no threat of a repeat in 03 The HC retired, no talent coming up, new coaching staff. Really felt for one kid that was soph in 02, was a tough last two years for him.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 07:49 AM
No . There was no threat of a repeat in 03 The HC retired, no talent coming up, new coaching staff. Really felt for one kid that was soph in 02, was a tough last two years for him.

Been through it...but better that they suffer the indignity of not repeating versus never knowing the incredible joy of winning it all.

bulldog82
10-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Been through it...but better that they suffer the indignity of not repeating versus never knowing the incredible joy of winning it all.

No doubt. We were underdogs the entire playoffs, being 3rd seed of dist.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
No doubt. We were underdogs the entire playoffs, being 3rd seed of dist.

I remember.

bulldog82
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Haven't heard much about lambert. Is he y'all's premier back or who is?

greendawg84
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Texans by 21 or more.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Haven't heard much about lambert. Is he y'all's premier back or who is?

Lambert is a sophmore (his brother QB graduated). He is going to be something else in the next 2 years, but right now, Kelley is dominant.

Gone Fishing
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Lambert is a sophmore (his brother QB graduated). He is going to be something else in the next 2 years, but right now, Kelley is dominant.
Lambert plays full time MLB and I think is leading in tackles. He gets a couple of carries and maybe a pass and is in at running back on a couple of our formations.

Gone Fishing
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Agreed Wimbo. Too small of a school to re-load. Most of us said coming into to this year that 2-3 losses before district was very realistic. Heck, it was damn near 4. At the same time, we could have easily been 3-2 or even 4-1 at this point.

It was me responding back then Bulldog and I still think Wimberley will be better than anyone in district and should dominate. I also think its a re-load this year regardless of the record. Some years you just have more bullets to re-load with (numbers) than other years. Those that have seen us play or played against us, know how good WTs are and the re-loaders are good players and getting better each week too. 13 to 10 after three quarters last week.

Tejastrue
10-01-2012, 03:51 PM
It was me responding back then Bulldog and I still think Wimberley will be better than anyone in district and should dominate. I also think its a re-load this year regardless of the record. Some years you just have more bullets to re-load with (numbers) than other years. Those that have seen us play or played against us, know how good WTs are and the re-loaders are good players and getting better each week too. 13 to 10 after three quarters last week.

We've got some young talent no doubt but to say we've re-loaded is just a bit much IMO. We are missing that big time play-maker. At least so far. That was the difference last week with LH's Boatright. The team is definitely coming together. I think we all like what we have seen in recent weeks. Our district appears to be stronger as a whole with Fredericksburg and Navarro both (4-1) and now Bandera with some recent success. Can't really rule out Boerne either and I'm really shocked of how Canyon Lake has struggled.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
We've got some young talent no doubt but to say we've re-loaded is just a bit much IMO. We are missing that big time play-maker. At least so far. That was the difference last week with LH's Boatright. The team is definitely coming together. I think we all like what we have seen in recent weeks. Our district appears to be stronger as a whole with Fredericksburg and Navarro both (4-1) and now Bandera with some recent success. Can't really rule out Boerne either and I'm really shocked of how Canyon Lake has struggled.

All good points. I don't know if we will win the district (i think we will, but after 3 losses, I'd be crazy to say "I know we will win district")...but I still feel very confident that we will make the play offs.

Gone Fishing
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
All good points. I don't know if we will win the district (i think we will, but after 3 losses, I'd be crazy to say "I know we will win district")...but I still feel very confident that we will make the play offs.

IMO you need to look at who Navarro played , 3 private schools in SA and one kicked their butt and SA Sam Hou who is way down and then 2 A Marion. Boerne and Fred haven't really played much either. I'm with you, I don't believe Caynon Lake, I thought they may be really good this year. Its Bandera that has me scared, they may go undefeated in district.....

Ranger Mom
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Some of you grown men are acting like children yourself! I couldn't help but shake my head reading this thread!!

On a different note.....I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since Bandera beat Greenwood in what is still one of the best High School games I have ever seen!!
As far as their "attitude"....I can tell you that it was a dream ride for BOTH teams, and (on this board anyway) there was nothing but congratulations and good wishes.........and those darn red condoms!! :doh:

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Some of you grown men are acting like children yourself! I couldn't help but shake my head reading this thread!!

On a different note.....I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since Bandera beat Greenwood in what is still one of the best High School games I have ever seen!!
As far as their "attitude"....I can tell you that it was a dream ride for BOTH teams, and (on this board anyway) there was nothing but congratulations and good wishes.........and those darn red condoms!! :doh:

Am scared to ask what are the Red Condoms about...so I won't.
Regarding the comments....come on!! This board is becoming boring as hell!! A little fire here and there never hurt...everyone calmed down and is being respectful. No harm, no foul!

Tejastrue
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Says the lady with the "I'm not mean. You're just a sissy sig". :wave: Sometimes you just gotta play along. If you've noticed..we've calmed down a bit Mom. :D Lol...

You gotta share the story on the condoms!! Sorry Wimbo, I had to ask..may regret it though...

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Says the lady with the "I'm not mean. You're just a sissy sig". :wave: Sometimes you just gotta play along. If you've noticed..we've calmed down a bit Mom. :D Lol...

You gotta share the story on the condoms!! Sorry Wimbo, I had to ask..may regret it though...

You will...you'll see.

ogg
10-01-2012, 06:34 PM

I work with a guy who played on that Greenwood team, interesting stories. Must have been a great game, , OTX3.

Tejastrue
10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
IMO you need to look at who Navarro played , 3 private schools in SA and one kicked their butt and SA Sam Hou who is way down and then 2 A Marion. Boerne and Fred haven't really played much either. I'm with you, I don't believe Caynon Lake, I thought they may be really good this year. Its Bandera that has me scared, they may go undefeated in district.....

Interesting that you make that Bandera prediction right after your comment that we would dominate the district. :crying:

Agree about Navarro and Fredericksburg but as they say "success breeds success." We are also at their house both games. If I am correct we should be completely healthy for the Bandera game and that is why I feel as confident as I do about this one. It is critical we get off to a good start so I can't see us taking them lightly. That would be a mistake. Heck, we can't afford to take anyone lightly.

bulldog82
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Interesting that you make that Bandera prediction right after your comment that we would dominate the district. :crying:

Agree about Navarro and Fredericksburg but as they say "success breeds success." We are also at their house both games. If I am correct we should be completely healthy for the Bandera game and that is why I feel as confident as I do about this one. It is critical we get off to a good start so I can't see us taking them lightly. That would be a mistake. Heck, we can't afford to take anyone lightly.

pretty sure he was being sarcastic ! With Miller out ......well we'll see how fast the soph. grows up.

Gone Fishing
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Be quite Tejas, it was a joke.......I can assure you, no one will be taken lightly.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM

One thing I have learned on this board is...the finger pointing is quick and judgemental, as long as it's not at ones self!

ogg
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
pretty sure he was being sarcastic ! With Miller out ......well we'll see how fast the soph. grows up.

What happened to Michael Miller?

bulldog82
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
What happened to Michael Miller?
broke ankle end of the 3rd qtr. friday . having surgery . Big loss for this team

Tejastrue
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Be quite Tejas, it was a joke.......

Hey now..you know that's impossible. :)

Tejastrue
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
broke ankle end of the 3rd qtr. friday . having surgery . Big loss for this team

I know you said he was out but I did not realize for the season. Very sorry to hear that for this young man, especially being a senior.

Ranger Mom
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Am scared to ask what are the Red Condoms about...so I won't.
Regarding the comments....come on!! This board is becoming boring as hell!! A little fire here and there never hurt...everyone calmed down and is being respectful. No harm, no foul!

Oh, don't get me wrong....I enjoyed the thread. I just found it ironic!!

I know you have heard about the story about my trip home from the State Championship game in 2002!!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?14230-The-EXCITEMENT-never-ends&s=

Purple Rain
10-02-2012, 10:27 AM
... You are the reason why noone likes Wimberley.

I like WT (except on the day we play them) and I am from LH!!! They have a quality program with a lot of class and character

LHPfactory
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Wimberley will win this game and I believe will begin a streak for the remainder of the regular season if........***X-factor***.

The X factor is that they respond and rebound from the loss last friday night. Their response to the LH game could go either way, it could splinter the Texans or be the ground work for relentless resolve to work out the kinks.

I believe WT will work it out and finish regular season on a winning streak. Mainly because I recall sitting in the stands last friday night and in the third quarter when I thought we were finally breaking them, Wimberley continued to fight and answer.... I actually said to a friend "Man Wimberley just won't die".... referring to the fact that they would not give up! It took LH till the 4th quarter to break away, but WT never gave up.

I hope those WT boys keep that relentless resolve and turn this season around, I know they are at the door, it will be up to them from here on out.

May God bless and beat Bandera this Friday...

bulldog82
10-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Wimberley will win this game and I believe will begin a streak for the remainder of the regular season if........***X-factor***.

The X factor is that they respond and rebound from the loss last friday night. Their response to the LH game could go either way, it could splinter the Texans or be the ground work for relentless resolve to work out the kinks.

I believe WT will work it out and finish regular season on a winning streak. Mainly because I recall sitting in the stands last friday night and in the third quarter when I thought we were finally breaking them, Wimberley continued to fight and answer.... I actually said to a friend "Man Wimberley just won't die".... referring to the fact that they would not give up! It took LH till the 4th quarter to break away, but WT never gave up.

I hope those WT boys keep that relentless resolve and turn this season around, I know they are at the door, it will be up to them from here on out.

NEXT friday.

SintonFan
10-02-2012, 05:49 PM
More Hate please. This thread is getting stale.:foul:

SintonFan
10-02-2012, 05:57 PM

I know you have heard about the story about my trip home from the State Championship game in 2002!!

Classic! :)

bulldog82
10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
I know you said he was out but I did not realize for the season. Very sorry to hear that for this young man, especially being a senior.

probably will miss him in basketball too. Hope this doesn't hurt his college possibilities....Texas State was looking at him as a reciever.

bulldog82
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM

I was refering to the soph . He was a beast as a fresh. Is mann the main LB or is lambert . Kelly is a sr. ?

catfish
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I like WT (except on the day we play them) and I am from LH!!! They have a quality program with a lot of class and character
The reason people dislike Wimberley is not because of a few people on this board...Some people think that it isn't fair when one school wins all the time...I remember Cuero in the mid 90s they were great,and Wimberley was terrible,they beat Wimberley by over 50 points 2 years in a row.I hated those guys.But,they had their program in line,and had great athletes....It is kind of like Texas,Notre Dame,Southern Cal,Oklahoma or any football team that is a consistently good program,you either love'em or you hate'em....Most people on here never saw the Wimberley of the 90s,they only know the Wimberley since Nelms and his coaching staff have been there,THAT is the consistency the has made mediocre teams good and good teams great...Does Wimberley have a little swagger,you bet,but they earned it.....This team may not make a state championship game,but,come district, I think they will hit their stride right into the playoffs.

Pudlugger
10-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Well Buff4ever if you're out there this is more PudLike than anything I can match.

Let's just say one and done this year.

Tejastrue
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I was refering to the soph . He was a beast as a fresh. Is mann the main LB or is lambert . Kelly is a sr. ?

I would say Mann is still "the man" but Lambert is closing fast. He is a beast (and growing) but Mann just has a knack for making plays for negative yardage. I believe they are neck and neck for avg. tackles per game and lead the team. Kelley is a senior.

Gone Fishing
10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I would say Mann is still "the man" but Lambert is closing fast. He is a beast (and growing) but Mann just has a knack for making plays for negative yardage. I believe they are neck and neck for avg. tackles per game and lead the team. Kelley is a senior.

Many people don't see games like I do...Just saying ... I'm a freak LOL.. In the LH game Wt's game plan looked to be stop them on D and that was it, period. Mann played less OL than ever, Morris pretty much played OLB only , Jones played safety returner and just a little rec, Terreo was back, Lambert played mostly LB only, Kothman DE only, ---with that said ..Rainwater played rec only, Morales (soph) played rec more than he ever has, Gabloer played rec more than he ever has ..and maybe a few others I cant' remember.....My point is we tried to beat them with D and almost did, at least though 3 and 1/3 quarters..LOL.... Things will be different (IMO) against Bandera with the players I mentioned above..

Tejastrue
10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Many people don't see games like I do...Just saying ... I'm a freak LOL.. In the LH game Wt's game plan looked to be stop them on D and that was it, period. Mann played less OL than ever, Morris pretty much played OLB only , Jones played safety returner and just a little rec, Terreo was back, Lambert played mostly LB only, Kothman DE only, ---with that said ..Rainwater played rec only, Morales (soph) played rec more than he ever has, Gabloer played rec more than he ever has ..and maybe a few others I cant' remember.....My point is we tried to beat them with D and almost did, at least though 3 and 1/3 quarters..LOL.... Things will be different (IMO) against Bandera with the players I mentioned above..

I'm a little confused here GF. What does that have to do with what I just said?

Gone Fishing
10-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Mann, Terreo, Jones, Kothman, Morris, King, T Moore, Lambert, and maybe a couple more have to, "get er done" on D and I believe thats the route the coaches are going. Don't agree with all of it, but who am I to question.

Gone Fishing
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm a little confused here GF. What does that have to do with what I just said?

Nothing really, I think Lambert may have more tackles to date, but its very close. Mann is the Man this year and will lead all with tackles by the end of year. Of course Kelly a senior, but playing more O than D.

bulldog82
10-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Who all was part of last years SC team and no disrespect , i mean actual players , not ones that were on special teams or stood on sideline. besides the obvious....... Mann, Kelley, Jones . Oh and who was at safty in game vs Devine that robbed Saddler of scoring title when he picked off the throw back pass to Saddler? Just curious.

lbjacj
10-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Who all was part of last years SC team and no disrespect , i mean actual players , not ones that were on special teams or stood on sideline. besides the obvious....... Mann, Kelley, Jones . Oh and who was at safty in game vs Devine that robbed Saddler of scoring title when he picked off the throw back pass to Saddler? Just curious.
That would be Reed Jones. Awesome play but I was kinda sad for Sadler. Just a little.

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
That would be Reed Jones. Awesome play but I was kinda sad for Sadler. Just a little.

thats who i thought. He still almost would have gotten it had they got in fg range, which the were getting close when time ran out

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
I see WT opened in 86. Have you all always been 3a and what distric or region did you all start in?

wimbo_pro
10-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Irony...Hypocrisy ...Levity...it's what keep us alive when talking HS Football!

lbjacj
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I see WT opened in 86. Have you all always been 3a and what distric or region did you all start in?

We started in 2A and stayed there until 94. Made it to the semis in 93 with Nelms first stint as coach then he went to Iowa Park. Moved into Cuero's district in 3A and struggled to say the least. Glad he came back!

Tejastrue
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Lots of questions Bulldog, so when you planning on moving to Wimberley? :wave:

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Lots of questions Bulldog, so when you planning on moving to Wimberley? :wave:

with the words of Taylor Swift NEVER EVER............. NEVER.......moving to Wimberely..EVER !!

Gone Fishing
10-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Kelly, Mann, Jones, all started on D - Kothman, T Moore, King rotated in at DL and played a whole lot- Terreo played a whole lot all year at OLB but semi and champ game Dennis Smith played mostly - Mann and Heatly started at O-Line, T Moore and King were solid back ups on OLine - Kelly played alot at blocking FB and got his 4 - 6 carries or passes a game. Jones was main back up receiver probably started 4 or 5 games and back up QB, Rainwater was back up OLB and receiver, but was great on all special teams Morris was back up RB and OLB but good just had seniors in front, I think thats pretty much it, I think 9 got all district selections, No kidding Bulldog, its a good group just been trying to put the pieces together with the young guys filling the spots or coaches changing their minds on who is playing where and we played a tough schedule too.

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Kelly, Mann, Jones, all started on D - Kothman, T Moore, King rotated in at DL and played a whole lot- Terreo played a whole lot all year at OLB but semi and champ game Dennis Smith played mostly - Mann and Heatly started at O-Line, T Moore and King were solid back ups on OLine - Kelly played alot at blocking FB and got his 4 - 6 carries or passes a game. Jones was main back up receiver probably started 4 or 5 games and back up QB, Rainwater was back up OLB and receiver, but was great on all special teams Morris was back up RB and OLB but good just had seniors in front, I think thats pretty much it, I think 9 got all district selections, No kidding Bulldog, its a good group just been trying to put the pieces together with the young guys filling the spots or coaches changing their minds on who is playing where and we played a tough schedule too.

Thanks for the insight. All the ones you mentioned are Sr. now?

SintonFan
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM
with the words of Taylor Swift NEVER EVER............. NEVER.......moving to Wimberely..EVER !!

:flaming: Now I'll never eva eva get that crazy song outta ma head!!!!!!:flaming::foul:

SintonFan
10-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Irony...Hypocrisy ...Levity...it's what keep us alive when talking HS Football!

Some brevity never hurts... :)

Gone Fishing
10-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the insight. All the ones you mentioned are Sr. now?

King and T Moore are Jrs.

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
King and T Moore are Jrs.

Just linemen.. I can handle that . How big are they? Who are the skill players that are Jrs,and soph. Yea i know lambert. did someone say there was a younger one ?

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Did the cymbal player graduate ?

Gone Fishing
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Just linemen.. I can handle that . How big are they? Who are the skill players that are Jrs,and soph. Yea i know lambert. did someone say there was a younger one ?

King 6'2" 230 , T Moore 5'10" 230....The younger Lambert starts at LB 6' 190 and plays RB, Had a soph starting at receiver but hurt his ankle in Giddings game,may be back against yall, soph tackle moved up from JV after Giddings game and is starting, soph QB if they decided to keep him there for the season or not, but will be pretty good next two years. Whole bunch of jr's that were JV players last year and have ability. I'm probably forgetting a few.

Gone Fishing
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Did the cymbal player graduate ?

cymbal?

bulldog82
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
cymbal?

Yea . Was watching TNL and bands came on and reminded me of ya'lls cymbal player in the band would hop and skip around during songs. Quite entertaining for band.

Gone Fishing
10-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Yea . Was watching TNL and bands came on and reminded me of ya'lls cymbal player in the band would hop and skip around during songs. Quite entertaining for band.

Yea he graduated, I forgot him, but he was great. some of our players may need his energy..Lol

Sportshack
10-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Im sure yall remember him !!

Yes sir...he was a good one!!! Senior year he did a number on the Texnas. Of course Texans starting QB was out but not sure it would have mattered. The Texans, however, went on to win 8 out of next 9 games before losing in the Regional finals. I believe that Bandera flamed out pretty early in playoffs that year. That is sports...you are up and later you are down!!!

Sportshack
10-04-2012, 11:12 PM

To be fair...the Texans have not reloaded in any sense of the word. Some of their returners are helping to keep them competitive. They are way down in talent and competitive spirit from last year. They will have a battle on hands with Bandera and Bandera caught tough break losing their QB. He was a thorn in side of this group in sub varsity. The Bulldogs already played on par with two teams that gave Wimberley fits in close wins and the Texans have not shown any ability to separate even in their victories. I still feel they will be in the thick of district race and should make playoffs. I like their program but it is not easy to have stellar talent year in and year out in Wimberley. They will be well coached and will continue to improve. I like Wimberley in this game with QB on shelf and game in Wimberley.

bulldog82
10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Yes sir...he was a good one!!! Senior year he did a number on the Texnas. Of course Texans starting QB was out but not sure it would have mattered. The Texans, however, went on to win 8 out of next 9 games before losing in the Regional finals. I believe that Bandera flamed out pretty early in playoffs that year. That is sports...you are up and later you are down!!!

That game was the begining of Hubbles nagging injury. On his long TD run right before half, when he dove into endzone caused his hip/groin problems. Remember Brooks being out with shoulder, Brennan was in as soph. Smith started, but once he wasn't getting the yardage he was use to he went out.

bulldog82
10-05-2012, 12:21 AM
To be fair...the Texans have not reloaded in any sense of the word. Some of their returners are helping to keep them competitive. They are way down in talent and competitive spirit from last year. They will have a battle on hands with Bandera and Bandera caught tough break losing their QB. He was a thorn in side of this group in sub varsity. The Bulldogs already played on par with two teams that gave Wimberley fits in close wins and the Texans have not shown any ability to separate even in their victories. I still feel they will be in the thick of district race and should make playoffs. I like their program but it is not easy to have stellar talent year in and year out in Wimberley. They will be well coached and will continue to improve. I like Wimberley in this game with QB on shelf and game in Wimberley.

As I said if soph can step up could be a good one. Soph has had play time as Wr. and even in at Qb when Miller was having trouble with shoulder that he injured last year earlier this season. No boubt yall have the coaching, but after the last 2 1/2 seasons i'll have to give our coaches the edge on facing adversities and working with less talent. Don't know about going to your house. Yes I do. Ya'll have huge advantage.

Inmateboss
10-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Thats where you are badly mistaken, Pudlugger. We ARE reigning state champs, until another is crowned. I know you might not like that, but its the way it works. What we do and where we end up has nothing to do with that fact. We ARE State Champions.

Got that right!!! Texans take this one too!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

wimbo_pro
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Some brevity never hurts... :)

Ha!! You got me there!! LOL

Gone Fishing
10-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Its been a long week with no football... Its been really tough because I am one to still think WT's are a very good football team and when I see the polls it kills me.. I can't argue with them though, because a 2-3 record. BUT the long week, "with the no football blues" is mostly because in the last two games WT's played a pretty good game against LaVernia. (should have been a shut out) and a very very good game against LH for 3 and 1/3 quarters. ( lets not forget a 7-7 tie wiht Dripping and then lsost QB and Safety second half and played Giddings to 5 points giving up 2 freebee TD's) Soooooo I'm a thinkin the Texans are going to be ready to roll and the 7 or 8 senior leaders and starters off a state championship team ARE and WILL step up with the younger guys and start their stride through district and beyond..... the real season begins.....Don't worry too much Bulldog...LOL... My predictions so far this year suck...Lol...But this time I think I'm right.

bulldog82
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Its been a long week with no football... Its been really tough because I am one to still think WT's are a very good football team and when I see the polls it kills me.. I can't argue with them though, because a 2-3 record. BUT the long week, "with the no football blues" is mostly because in the last two games WT's played a pretty good game against LaVernia. (should have been a shut out) and a very very good game against LH for 3 and 1/3 quarters. ( lets not forget a 7-7 tie wiht Dripping and then lsost QB and Safety second half and played Giddings to 5 points giving up 2 freebee TD's) Soooooo I'm a thinkin the Texans are going to be ready to roll and the 7 or 8 senior leaders and starters off a state championship team ARE and WILL step up with the younger guys and start their stride through district and beyond..... the real season begins.....Don't worry too much Bulldog...LOL... My predictions so far this year suck...Lol...But this time I think I'm right.

I'm with you on long week with no football. That's why I was looking for list of all regions and districts to find a game to go to. Been working in Hondo but friday got done around 3 and didn't want to wait around or drive back over so sat at home and watched a game on fox. 5a boring . know yall are struggling with young talent, something yall aren't use to. But yall have vetran coaching. We on the other hand have been struggling a lot longer and coaching has been learning how to cope with it. Now with Miller out we will see how they cope with losing him just as it seemed we've turned the corner . Believe we could have taken advantage of yalls struggles as we seemed to have found our groove. As always it will be an emotional game for the boys, and would be a great boost knocking off the defending SC.

Gone Fishing
10-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm with you on long week with no football. That's why I was looking for list of all regions and districts to find a game to go to. Been working in Hondo but friday got done around 3 and didn't want to wait around or drive back over so sat at home and watched a game on fox. 5a boring . know yall are struggling with young talent, something yall aren't use to. But yall have vetran coaching. We on the other hand have been struggling a lot longer and coaching has been learning how to cope with it. Now with Miller out we will see how they cope with losing him just as it seemed we've turned the corner . Believe we could have taken advantage of yalls struggles as we seemed to have found our groove. As always it will be an emotional game for the boys, and would be a great boost knocking off the defending SC.

Yea every week we contend with "knock off the State Champion". plus in th Dripping game "no more 3A team kicking our a$$es"..Lol.. Honestly WT's will be ready for district run.

bulldog82
10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Yea every week we contend with "knock off the State Champion". plus in th Dripping game "no more 3A team kicking our a$$es"..Lol.. Honestly WT's will be ready for district run.

Good luck and stay healthy !

rb585
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm normally the pessimist -- I picked Gonzales to beat us last year. But...

I don't think this game will be close. I'm going to bet that it will be a pretty intense two weeks of practice getting things right, and I have trouble believing that even the most rabid Bandera fan would bet their coaching staff against ours.

I think we'll play our best game of the season and win big.

Gone Fishing
10-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Good luck and stay healthy !

Sorry bulldog, thats just not going to work....

YTBulldogs
10-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Has this one been played yet? :blahblah:

Seems ya'll been at it for a month now. LOL. Good luck guys.

panfan
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Only in their minds!:)

ogg
10-07-2012, 08:59 PM

"You are what your record says you are!" - Bill Parcells
Not true in 3a football (Taylor last year) and certainly not true for Wimberley this year.

Gone Fishing
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
"You are what your record says you are!" - Bill Parcells
Not true in 3a football (Taylor last year) and certainly not true for Wimberley this year.

True that ogg

Gone Fishing
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM

Damn bye weeks...Lol

bulldog82
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Sorry bulldog, thats just not going to work....

?................Just saying good luck and stay healthy

Gone Fishing
10-08-2012, 06:46 PM
?................Just saying good luck and stay healthy

OK I'll take the stay healthy part, You sound like a good guy, but can't believe the good luck part...Lol..just saying.

bulldog82
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
OK I'll take the stay healthy part, You sound like a good guy, but can't believe the good luck part...Lol..just saying.

Just thought we got past all the cr*p talk, what happens now happens. Hope it's a good game and not just the blow out yall are predicting.

Gone Fishing
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Just thought we got past all the cr*p talk, what happens now happens. Hope it's a good game and not just the blow out yall are predicting.

I said you sound like a good guy?.....And I did not predict a blow out.

Gone Fishing
10-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Can't let this thread go to page 3.Lol...I know Bandera lost their QB but have a promising Soph QB,. The other one ran a lot being very athletic and all but heard he was a better reciever. Is the Soph a true Qb and will they throw the ball with him. More or less than with the other guy.

I think the Texans are ready to get the second season going and let pre-district be gone.

bulldog82
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Can't let this thread go to page 3.Lol...I know Bandera lost their QB but have a promising Soph QB,. The other one ran a lot being very athletic and all but heard he was a better reciever. Is the Soph a true Qb and will they throw the ball with him. More or less than with the other guy.

I think the Texans are ready to get the second season going and let pre-district be gone.

The soph has been a Qb thru the ranks and had been working at Wr when Miller was Qbing. Tried earlier in season with soph (Nelson) at Qb to get Miller out at Wr but didn't do very good passing. The other night when Miller went out, Nelson did a lot better running, reading, and passing. Look for him to run the offense as if he was Miller. Nelson may not be as athletic as Miller but with hie 6'3" frame he has some pull away speed. Kid is kind of awkward in his body, Has a big frame but needs to fill it out and get stronger.

Gone Fishing
10-10-2012, 07:25 PM
The soph has been a Qb thru the ranks and had been working at Wr when Miller was Qbing. Tried earlier in season with soph (Nelson) at Qb to get Miller out at Wr but didn't do very good passing. The other night when Miller went out, Nelson did a lot better running, reading, and passing. Look for him to run the offense as if he was Miller. Nelson may not be as athletic as Miller but with hie 6'3" frame he has some pull away speed. Kid is kind of awkward in his body, Has a big frame but needs to fill it out and get stronger.

Sounds like he may be good. You can't teach 6'3".

bulldog82
10-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Did someone say the 8th grade teams were pretty good? Got a young pup on A team, our jr. high coaching has a lot to be desired , don't look for much out of them.

Papá Oso
10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Texans will roll IMO, their defense lead by Mann is going to make it a very long night for the new QB. When on offense that bull of a Rb #34 will be bigger than anyone on the defensive side of the ball and they will pound away at will. I'm going with 42-14 and WT controlling the game on the ground, those 14 will come late after the game is hand if they come at all.

PO

bulldog82
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Texans will roll IMO, their defense lead by Mann is going to make it a very long night for the new QB. When on offense that bull of a Rb #34 will be bigger than anyone on the defensive side of the ball and they will pound away at will. I'm going with 42-14 and WT controlling the game on the ground, those 14 will come late after the game is hand if they come at all.

PO
Is #34 lambert or kelly? It will be intresring to watch for sure. didn't think the LV would have turned out the way it did either, thought LV would have been closer than it was, seeing how WT struggled with them. Hope your wrong about the young Qb , would like to see him have a little success rather than running for his life. For sure WT defense seems to be their strongest weapon at this point, but when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, offense was able to move the ball. Now with Miller out we'll just have to wait and see. Not sure but may have Nuniz back but may not be 100%, if not Connor kid has been doing great job, really takes care of the ball in traffic.

Gone Fishing
10-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Is #34 lambert or kelly? It will be intresring to watch for sure. didn't think the LV would have turned out the way it did either, thought LV would have been closer than it was, seeing how WT struggled with them. Hope your wrong about the young Qb , would like to see him have a little success rather than running for his life. For sure WT defense seems to be their strongest weapon at this point, but when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, offense was able to move the ball. Now with Miller out we'll just have to wait and see. Not sure but may have Nuniz back but may not be 100%, if not Connor kid has been doing great job, really takes care of the ball in traffic.

WT didn'nt struggle at all with LV.. They were under 150 yd of offense if I remember right. WT fumbled KO and they kicked a FG and then we fumbled on next series a first down run around the 15 and they scored. #34 is Kelly, #32 is Lambert. Lambert spells Kelly some but plays LB full time.

bulldog82
10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
WT didn'nt struggle at all with LV.. They were under 150 yd of offense if I remember right. WT fumbled KO and they kicked a FG and then we fumbled on next series a first down run around the 15 and they scored. #34 is Kelly, #32 is Lambert. Lambert spells Kelly some but plays LB full time.

Yea knew Kelly was #1 Rb. How much offense did yall rack up on LV? May be wet tomorrow night, hope yalls butter fingers continue. Agajnst LV we funbled 2 lost 1, LV fumbled 4 lost 3. nothing on 8th grade teams?

Papá Oso
10-11-2012, 11:35 AM
The LV team that Bandera played in the rain a couple weeks ago was far from what they really are. A little back story you may not know is that 2 of the days that Bandera was preparing for LV the LV boys were attending memorial services and a funeral for one of their football trainers and at the bedside of a senior boy that they all grew up with in ICU. They were involved in a bad wreck early Saturday morning after the Wimberley game the week before and all the boys found out about it that Saturday morning when they went in for treatment and film. The whole community was deeply hurt to see families we all know go through something like that and the coaches did their best to keep the boys focused but it wasn't hard to tell that their heads just weren't into it and performed about as badly as I've ever seen them perform that night. Every time I thought they would get it going they would commit a stupid penalty or fumble the ball (twice in the red zone). I give the Bulldogs credit as they took it to them as I'm sure they had the game circled after we hung like 50 on them by halftime last year, the coaches didn't even go over the film with the boys as I'm pretty sure they saw the same thing I saw. We didn't play very well in the Wimberley game either but that had a lot more to do with the defensive effort the Texans displayed that night along with a couple key injury's from the week before, that said we would have had the ball inside the 10 yard line in the 4th quarter down 7 points but for a holding call. We go from from first and goal on the 7 to first and 20 around the 30 and could not convert in 4 tries and we lose the Mo and WT tacks on a TD late to ice it. The effort and game plan we executed against Taylor was a lot more like I expect to see as we move forward into district play where I believe it will come down to the last game of the year against Somerset for the DC, Coach Bo always schedules difficult ND opponents and this year was no different but we survived without too many injury's and look forward to district play. Good luck to all the teams of district 27 at least until the playoffs :)

PO

bulldog82
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
The LV team that Bandera played in the rain a couple weeks ago was far from what they really are. A little back story you may not know is that 2 of the days that Bandera was preparing for LV the LV boys were attending memorial services and a funeral for one of their football trainers and at the bedside of a senior boy that they all grew up with in ICU. They were involved in a bad wreck early Saturday morning after the Wimberley game the week before and all the boys found out about it that Saturday morning when they went in for treatment and film. The whole community was deeply hurt to see families we all know go through something like that and the coaches did their best to keep the boys focused but it wasn't hard to tell that their heads just weren't into it and performed about as badly as I've ever seen them perform that night. Every time I thought they would get it going they would commit a stupid penalty or fumble the ball (twice in the red zone). I give the Bulldogs credit as they took it to them as I'm sure they had the game circled after we hung like 50 on them by halftime last year, the coaches didn't even go over the film with the boys as I'm pretty sure they saw the same thing I saw. We didn't play very well in the Wimberley game either but that had a lot more to do with the defensive effort the Texans displayed that night along with a couple key injury's from the week before, that said we would have had the ball inside the 10 yard line in the 4th quarter down 7 points but for a holding call. We go from from first and goal on the 7 to first and 20 around the 30 and could not convert in 4 tries and we lose the Mo and WT tacks on a TD late to ice it. The effort and game plan we executed against Taylor was a lot more like I expect to see as we move forward into district play where I believe it will come down to the last game of the year against Somerset for the DC, Coach Bo always schedules difficult ND opponents and this year was no different but we survived without too many injury's and look forward to district play. Good luck to all the teams of district 27 at least until the playoffs :)

PO

No, Did not know anything about it. Deepest sympathy to the LV community and players, this exsplains alot. Since all the sub level teams hammered us. LV always has our number even when we were better than we are now. Several meetings in the 1st round playoffs same results, exception of 02. we hammered yall. Hope the LV nation is back on track , playing with heavy hearts, good luck in district. Now I feel even worse about our chances against WT.

Gone Fishing
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM

PO

I remember hearing about it and also sending prayers on this board. I hope the young man is doing better and God Bless the families. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season.

bulldog82
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
8th Grade B
BB 8
WT 30

8th Grade A
BB 8
WT 16

JV
BB 15
WT 18

Hopfully our coaches took notes on yalls backside screen pass that was the game winner in all 3 games!!!

bulldog82
10-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh and wow on 8th A and JV games yall took a knee ! JV game yall were on our 2 !! Hope yall show some love tomorrow !!!

bulldog82
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Just in
Freshman

BB 20
WT 26

wimbo_pro
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Wimberley by 13.

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
It's our Homecoming game. That's gotta be worth a couple more scores, don't you think Wimbo? Then again, with all the distractions it could have just the opposite effect. Believe we've come a long way and I hope it shows up tonight! Go Texans!

buff4ever
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
wimberley by 21 or more

regaleagle
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
If Wimberley does not win this game convincingly, I will be surprised. Not necessarily a blowout scorewise, but a convincing win by controlling the game from both sides of the ball.

Roughneck93
10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Texans by 14.

bulldog82
10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
GAME DAY ! Let's get this S### started !!! Almost time to head that direction. Homecomming ? Let's hope for a distraction!!! Are there players on the court ?

jackofalltrades
10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Texans 30- Bulldogs 13

banderafan
10-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure Bandera has enough horses to run with Wimberley. Guess we wll find out in the next couple of hours. Go DOGS!

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Texans lead 20-0 middle of 2nd.

banderafan
10-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Already 14 - 0 Wimberley.

banderafan
10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Texans lead 20-0 middle of 2nd.

Me and my PC are too slow!

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 08:40 PM
27-0 Wimberley halftime

bulldog82
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
See what I mean about these coaches. Trying to run into the heart of wt defense. Really wt your going to boo the refs up 27 to 0

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Bulldog..they did wipe out a nice pick 6 by the Texans' Lambert and several other big plays. Lol...

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
34-0 Texans...late in the 3rd.

Tejastrue
10-12-2012, 11:37 PM
40-6 final. Hmmm...my prediction was Texans by 28. :thinking:

Papá Oso
10-12-2012, 11:51 PM

PO

:2thumbsup

bulldog82
10-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Bulldog..they did wipe out a nice pick 6 by the Texans' Lambert and several other big plays. Lol...

They made up for it in the 2nd half. #9 is a cheap shot artist. he cost you one big play. He got his later on when our #8 finally decided to make a play on Wr buble screen. All WT were getting after us then we give a little back and they go to pointing fingers and whinning to the refs. Coaches trying to run a Mann was rediculous. See Nelms Felt the need to have Jones at Qb and Safty , what's up with that? yall had the soph rattled from the get go. Started to feel bad for him , he just couldn't find a groove. Defense.. Well I told you we'd stand there and wait for you to bring it to us. we were running out of Lb's Pretty sure #39 for us has concussion. Lb's stood there and tackle traps were ear holing them all night. Missed your prediction. Thanks for not making it worse than it was. Yall will be DC but will not be SC sorry. well that's all, got to go puke some homer cooking.

bulldog82
10-13-2012, 12:09 AM
:2thumbsup

Nice prediction ! The 6 did come with the starters in. Wr screen for some 70 yards. Never ran that play again.

Tejastrue
10-13-2012, 12:36 AM
They made up for it in the 2nd half. #9 is a cheap shot artist. he cost you one big play. He got his later on when our #8 finally decided to make a play on Wr buble screen. All WT were getting after us then we give a little back and they go to pointing fingers and whinning to the refs. Coaches trying to run a Mann was rediculous. See Nelms Felt the need to have Jones at Qb and Safty , what's up with that? yall had the soph rattled from the get go. Started to feel bad for him , he just couldn't find a groove. Defense.. Well I told you we'd stand there and wait for you to bring it to us. we were running out of Lb's Pretty sure #39 for us has concussion. Lb's stood there and tackle traps were ear holing them all night. Missed your prediction. Thanks for not making it worse than it was. Yall will be DC but will not be SC sorry. well that's all, got to go puke some homer cooking.

LOL..I warned you about Mann! Our starting soph. QB had problems with a hamstring so he did not play or it could have been much worse. Texans' #9 had a good night receiving. Careful about calling out a Texan player when there were several Bandera kids getting a little edgy. Nobody here making claims about an SC title. Just glad to get a convincing win. FYI.. and I'm sure you saw this...we had a couple of opportunities to go for it on 4th down..short yardage deep in Bandera territory in the 4th but chose the FG route. and coverting both. Very important for us if needed later in the year. Oh yeah..how did you miss my prediction..it was on page 1 of this thread. :wave:

bulldog82
10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
LOL..I warned you about Mann! Our starting soph. QB had problems with a hamstring so he did not play or it could have been much worse. Texans' #9 had a good night receiving. Careful about calling out a Texan player when there were several Bandera kids getting a little edgy. Nobody here making claims about an SC title. Just glad to get a convincing win. FYI.. and I'm sure you saw this...we had a couple of opportunities to go for it on 4th down..short yardage deep in Bandera territory in the 4th but chose the FG route. and coverting both. Very important for us if needed later in the year.

Didn't need to warn me ... I knew he was a player. I call it as I see it, you'd be edgy too if you were getting shots like that. #9 did have good nite recieving, Also gets bonehead of game having play called back when he's throwing a block 40 yards behind the ball. Mann had a close second with a athletic pick only to be rocked and fumble it back. Yea , on FG's two headed there. Take a chance on not making a 1st, which had been stopped on 4th before, or take opportunity to put more points on board leading by 34.

Tejastrue
10-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Didn't need to warn me ... I knew he was a player. I call it as I see it, you'd be edgy too if you were getting shots like that. #9 did have good nite recieving, Also gets bonehead of game having play called back when he's throwing a block 40 yards behind the ball. Mann had a close second with a athletic pick only to be rocked and fumble it back. Yea , on FG's two headed there. Take a chance on not making a 1st, which had been stopped on 4th before, or take opportunity to put more points on board leading by 34.

Funny how you choose to decipher the game. The final score could have easily been WT 55 -6

rb585
10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Texans by 28? *** you smoking? Go look at Banderas last couple games, especially La Vernia.

Bwahaha!!!!

ogg
10-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Texan pass receivers look much better yesterday, can’t remember a dropped ball.

bulldog82
10-13-2012, 04:59 PM

they had a few, and Banderas secondary was nowhere to be seen. Except for the safty, and that was his first start as a result of nelson going to QB. 1 pick and couple broken up

Gone Fishing
10-13-2012, 08:48 PM
LOL..I warned you about Mann! Our starting soph. QB had problems with a hamstring so he did not play or it could have been much worse. Texans' #9 had a good night receiving. Careful about calling out a Texan player when there were several Bandera kids getting a little edgy. Nobody here making claims about an SC title. Just glad to get a convincing win. FYI.. and I'm sure you saw this...we had a couple of opportunities to go for it on 4th down..short yardage deep in Bandera territory in the 4th but chose the FG route. and coverting both. Very important for us if needed later in the year. Oh yeah..how did you miss my prediction..it was on page 1 of this thread. :wave:

Not sure about "starting" soph QB being starting QB. He did have a bad hamstring. Either way, don't think it would have been worse for BB. ( Jones 292 yds- 4 tds ). IMO, I feel way more comfortable with Jones at QB and as long as he can get a quick rest at safety every once in a while, I would keep him (Jones) behind center always. That was hiis first full game at QB totally healthy and he played great.

Gone Fishing
10-13-2012, 08:50 PM

I was very proud of receivers too, all pass completions were thrown right on the money too.

lbjacj
10-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Not sure about "starting" soph QB being starting QB. He did have a bad hamstring. Either way, don't think it would have been worse for BB. ( Jones 292 yds- 4 tds ). IMO, I feel way more comfortable with Jones at QB and as long as he can get a quick rest at safety every once in a while, I would keep him (Jones) behind center always. That was hiis first full game at QB totally healthy and he played great.

Yea but I don't like to see him returning kicks!

Gone Fishing
10-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Yea but I don't like to see him returning kicks!

X 2. but he has great hands...You can see that on all the bad high snaps he always handles...LoL

Tejastrue
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM

I'm not gonna debate our QB situation. It serves no purpose. It is nice to know that we have two capable athletes at this position. Cerday is the future however and if he is healthy enough next week we'll know which way Coach Nelms wants to go with this. Not a fan of Jones returning punts or KOs either.

Tejastrue
10-13-2012, 11:19 PM

Bwahaha!!!!

Man rb585..that was some good stuff I was smoking. :smoker:

Gone Fishing
10-14-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm not gonna debate our QB situation. It serves no purpose. It is nice to know that we have two capable athletes at this position. Cerday is the future however and if he is healthy enough next week we'll know which way Coach Nelms wants to go with this. Not a fan of Jones returning punts or KOs either.

I won't debate about QB's either, the coaches know. I'm all about winning and will be and have been every year. But IMO "QB of the future" doesn't mean anything in High School Football. It's All about this YEAR! and this YEAR ONLY! It is nice to have a capable back up QB for sure and Wimberley has had that for every year since 04 that I can remember, ( except in 09 when Blackmore got hurt). They both will throw some bad passes some or some INTs, but I feel more comfortable with Jones in the unseen areas of running the offense like the many audibles we have, reading the play and the defenses, better timing on hand offs and pitches and for sure on handling the snaps. He's just more capable IMO. Either way Cerday is getting good experience. Oh ,Jones returning punts is fine, I just don't like it too much if he's QB, He could be over on sideline getting ready to take the offense. instead. We have had QB's return punts in the past though, its High School.

ogg
10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I won't debate about QB's either, the coaches know. I'm all about winning and will be and have been every year. But IMO "QB of the future" doesn't mean anything in High School Football. It's All about this YEAR! and this YEAR ONLY! It is nice to have a capable back up QB for sure and Wimberley has had that for every year since 04 that I can remember, ( except in 09 when Blackmore got hurt). They both will throw some bad passes some or some INTs, but I feel more comfortable with Jones in the unseen areas of running the offense like the many audibles we have, reading the play and the defenses, better timing on hand offs and pitches and for sure on handling the snaps. He's just more capable IMO. Either way Cerday is getting good experience. Oh ,Jones returning punts is fine, I just don't like it too much if he's QB, He could be over on sideline getting ready to take the offense. instead. We have had QB's return punts in the past though, its High School.

Cerday was the starting QB at Liberty Hill, don’t think that defines him as the starter but in that game and that team the coaches made that call. Cerday, IMO, did very well and felt he picked LH apart. Look, I’m a big Reid fan when he’s at QB, you can look at my past posts, but at this point I think he’s better served as a “rested” safety after seeing our predistrict struggles, Esp. with Giddings. The coaches know what to do; I don’t, all my BS opinion. Jones is a team Swiss Army knife.

Tejastrue
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Yes indeed ogg. I think we all know what Jones means to this team. GF...when I say "the QB of the future" does not mean sacrificing the season. I feel Cerday is more than capable of running the Texans' offense with success on a consistent basis. I get what you are saying with Jones, being a senior, having the knowledge and savvy, and growing up in the Nelms system. It's invaluable. Whatever the coaches decide...I'll feel good about our chances.

Gone Fishing
10-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Cerday was the starting QB at Liberty Hill, don’t think that defines him as the starter but in that game and that team the coaches made that call. Cerday, IMO, did very well and felt he picked LH apart. Look, I’m a big Reid fan when he’s at QB, you can look at my past posts, but at this point I think he’s better served as a “rested” safety after seeing our predistrict struggles, Esp. with Giddings. The coaches know what to do; I don’t, all my BS opinion. Jones is a team Swiss Army knife.

LOL ..I think we have several swiss army knifes on this team and IMO we need to use them where ever, when ever. I took the time to look at stats and also remember MANY things that aren't in the stats and again, IMO, Jones at QB 100% and maybe 80% at safety - is better for the offense team and Team - than Jones at safety 100% and 50% (or whatever) at receiver or QB. He and many others proved they can go all game with just a break sometime, (ie. Jones, Mann, Terreo, Kelly, Moore, King, Morris, Lambert, Kothman). Its just the cards the coaches were dealt this year.

On the LH game , I dont agree with your comment "he picked LH apart". JMO, I think our offense stunk!! Most passing yards were to Kelly on screens and others on bubbles or quick routes which is ok (the game plan), but we were inside the 10 , 5 or 6 times and scored 10 points on those 5 or 6 tries. Not smooth when the pressure was on to score. We had 3 ints, 1 take away fumble on the 1 and two or three fumbled snaps. I also remember several times that the hand offs to Kelly/Lambert were not smooth and almost ran into each other. Jones didnt get to finish the second half in Llano and Drip so we will never know, but We had scored 21 in first half at Llano and tied at 7 in Drip game. The Giddings game I remember literally 7 or 8 drop passes( Receivers seem to be much better now) and we gave them two freebee td's and we still had a chance to win at the end and had 26 pts. We should have put up 50 on LV anyway you look at it. And then against Bandera I think we all saw what Jones can do for our offense. No fumbled snaps, good reads and audibles, good passing, good decisions to throw ball away, good hand offs, etc. Except for a Kellys fumble and a lucky int. at the ground we played mistake free on O. Don't get me wrong, I think Cerday is a good young QB. If we were 1 and 5 and not much chance on play off success I would play him too.

With all that said, I'm always a Texan fan and think these senior swiss army knifes can take us into the playoffs with a head of steam. The coaches are the greatest and they know exactly where to put players at this time of the year. I'm done with the QB subject , its really none of my business who plays where ( what the hell do I know, just a shade tree want a be coach for 40 years, LOL)) and I am very proud of these young men and even though we all want to win every game, I am ok with 3-3 (1-0 district) with the schedule we had . Navarro is a good team, I expect us to win though. Go Texans.

Tejastrue
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Finally some thorough post game coverage from the SM Record.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x688425990/HS-Football-Texans-roll-in-27-3A-opener

ogg
10-15-2012, 04:58 PM
LOL ..I think we have several swiss army knifes on this team and IMO we need to use them where ever, when ever. I took the time to look at stats and also remember MANY things that aren't in the stats and again, IMO, Jones at QB 100% and maybe 80% at safety - is better for the offense team and Team - than Jones at safety 100% and 50% (or whatever) at receiver or QB. He and many others proved they can go all game with just a break sometime, (ie. Jones, Mann, Terreo, Kelly, Moore, King, Morris, Lambert, Kothman). Its just the cards the coaches were dealt this year.

On the LH game , I dont agree with your comment "he picked LH apart". JMO, I think our offense stunk!! Most passing yards were to Kelly on screens and others on bubbles or quick routes which is ok (the game plan), but we were inside the 10 , 5 or 6 times and scored 10 points on those 5 or 6 tries. Not smooth when the pressure was on to score. We had 3 ints, 1 take away fumble on the 1 and two or three fumbled snaps. I also remember several times that the hand offs to Kelly/Lambert were not smooth and almost ran into each other. Jones didnt get to finish the second half in Llano and Drip so we will never know, but We had scored 21 in first half at Llano and tied at 7 in Drip game. The Giddings game I remember literally 7 or 8 drop passes( Receivers seem to be much better now) and we gave them two freebee td's and we still had a chance to win at the end and had 26 pts. We should have put up 50 on LV anyway you look at it. And then against Bandera I think we all saw what Jones can do for our offense. No fumbled snaps, good reads and audibles, good passing, good decisions to throw ball away, good hand offs, etc. Except for a Kellys fumble and a lucky int. at the ground we played mistake free on O. Don't get me wrong, I think Cerday is a good young QB. If we were 1 and 5 and not much chance on play off success I would play him too.

With all that said, I'm always a Texan fan and think these senior swiss army knifes can take us into the playoffs with a head of steam. The coaches are the greatest and they know exactly where to put players at this time of the year. I'm done with the QB subject , its really none of my business who plays where ( what the hell do I know, just a shade tree want a be coach for 40 years, LOL)) and I am very proud of these young men and even though we all want to win every game, I am ok with 3-3 (1-0 district) with the schedule we had . Navarro is a good team, I expect us to win though. Go Texans.

It's much of the same problem all season, mental mistakes and some of it is the new faces starting this year. Don't think the offense "stunk" in the LH game, don't know where that crappy term came from, did not Wimberley have more total offensive yds. than LH. The LH kickoff run back changed the momenum in that game IMO, otherwise the outcome might of been different.

lbjacj
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Finally some thorough post game coverage from the SM Record.

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x688425990/HS-Football-Texans-roll-in-27-3A-opener

Coach Nelms...
“Our kids are gaining confidence and getting better each week,” Nemls said. “I am really excited about this football team. Its a good football team and I think a lot of people are going to be surpsied what they are going to develop and become.”

This is what we have all been saying!

Snotbubbles
10-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Coach Nelms...
“Our kids are gaining confidence and getting better each week,” Nemls said. “I am really excited about this football team. Its a good football team and I think a lot of people are going to be surpsied what they are going to develop and become.”

This is what we have all been saying!

What else could he say? We suck and no where near the talent of last year. LOL.

Tejastrue
10-15-2012, 10:46 PM
We suck and no where near the talent of last year. LOL.

I think that is probably become the school motto for you and your team there SB..don't you think?

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
It's much of the same problem all season, mental mistakes and some of it is the new faces starting this year. Don't think the offense "stunk" in the LH game, don't know where that crappy term came from, did not Wimberley have more total offensive yds. than LH. The LH kickoff run back changed the momenum in that game IMO, otherwise the outcome might of been different.

I think to many people arent giving the LH bend but dont break Defense any credit. Wimberley moved the ball, but the LH D came up big when it counted. The LH offense was picking up steam prior to that return. Wimberley wasnt stopping them like they did in the first half. The return was fuel for the fire.

That being said, I do believe WT will go undefeated in their district and go around 3 deep in the play offs.

panfan
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Looks like it will be soph Qb vs soph Qb. 3rd string Rb has had two good weeks of running the ball , starting Rb should be back but not sure at what %. Defense has stepped it up, not as aggressive as i'd like to see , but putting good pressure when needed.

Is this thread still alive??? Lets recap. WT beat Bandera, then rehashed the game ad naseaum to the tune of 200 plus posts. Now they are playing Navarro, (another thread) but for some reason they are keeping this one going attempting to dissect why they are where they are, making comparisons back to LH game. They have patted themselves on the back numerous times, aurgued in public amonst themselves, then kissed and made up. I think that just about sums it up. Let it go guys - go to Navarro thread resume!!! :)

Gone Fishing
10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I think to many people arent giving the LH bend but dont break Defense any credit. Wimberley moved the ball, but the LH D came up big when it counted. The LH offense was picking up steam prior to that return. Wimberley wasnt stopping them like they did in the first half. The return was fuel for the fire.

That being said, I do believe WT will go undefeated in their district and go around 3 deep in the play offs.

Agree LHP. We didn't score points we just moved the ball up and down the field and that killed us, we could have / should have been up 21 -0 first half and THAT may have changed the out come. We are getting better and better every week and should do well . Our offense was much improved last week .

LHPfactory
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Is this thread still alive??? Lets recap. WT beat Bandera, then rehashed the game ad naseaum to the tune of 200 plus posts. Now they are playing Navarro, (another thread) but for some reason they are keeping this one going attempting to dissect why they are where they are, making comparisons back to LH game. They have patted themselves on the back numerous times, aurgued in public amonst themselves, then kissed and made up. I think that just about sums it up. Let it go guys - go to Navarro thread resume!!! :)

:iagree:

Lets see if I have the last post on this thread......

Gone Fishing
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
:iagree:

Lets see if I have the last post on this thread......

Nope....Good luck against Brownwood though.

wimbo_pro
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM

LH looked VERY good, and I think I was quite clear about giving them credit...the "bend-dont-break" comment was used several times. I think LH has a great shot at making it to regional finals, if not farther. Are they State Champion quality? I dont think so...but I also didnt think so in 2006, so...there ya go!