PDA

View Full Version : Baylor football and new stadium

orange machine
09-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Since Baylor is getting better and a team in the top 25 how long before they build or up grade their stadium?

Matthew328
09-29-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.baylor.edu/newsclips/news.php?action=story&story=118755

Bosqueville
09-29-2012, 01:50 PM
People of Waco rejoice!

Emerson1
09-29-2012, 02:01 PM
It's more like Texas and OU fans rejoice because they are the only ones who can fill that stadium up.

Scoop27
09-29-2012, 02:09 PM
They had a story in Bryan Eagle about A&M stadium. Bryan is not supporting it that much and College Station is.
It would hold 103,000 which would make it bigger than Memorial Stadium in Austin.
Doubt UT will ever be a new stadium since it has so much history

orange machine
09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Well thats great good for them. What's the seating capacity?

Bosqueville
09-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Well thats great good for them. What's the seating capacity?

45,000 with potential to make it 55,000.

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2012, 03:28 PM
They had a story in Bryan Eagle about A&M stadium. Bryan is not supporting it that much and College Station is.
It would hold 103,000 which would make it bigger than Memorial Stadium in Austin.
Doubt UT will ever be a new stadium since it has so much history

Not anymore than Kyle Field. UT will never build a new stadium because they would have to build it in Round Rock or Georgetoen because of the environmentalist in Austin.

navscanmaster
09-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Not anymore than Kyle Field. UT will never build a new stadium because they would have to build it in Round Rock or Georgetoen because of the environmentalist in Austin.
You mean the ones that pee on the street corners and trash SXSW every year? Yeah, lol, probably right. Baylor has the right idea, and I think they have already filled the meat of their proposed suites, so anything else is gravy attendance wise. Nice campus deserves a nice stadium on campus. Good for them. Kyle will be a huge endeavor, and will be a top notch stadium when the reno's are complete. Rest assured, if the capacity surpasses DKR, Longhorn donors will not stand for it. DKR will always be the largest in Texas. They will jump on expansion just as soon as the final seating is announced at Kyle if 103 is the case, and will probably get it done before Kyle is finished.

Balcones fault
09-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Well, actually the local businesses in CS and Bryan don't want to lose business for a year. UT, could take out as much of the E of I-35 residential area as they want, if they wanted to. Or, perhaps they don't want to spend $200M +, like Baylor, to build something that will be used 5 times a year. But hey, not my money, or not most of it, anyway.

Balcones fault
09-29-2012, 04:37 PM
You mean the ones that pee on the street corners and trash SXSW every year? Yeah, lol, probably right. Baylor has the right idea, and I think they have already filled the meat of their proposed suites, so anything else is gravy attendance wise. Nice campus deserves a nice stadium on campus. Good for them. Kyle will be a huge endeavor, and will be a top notch stadium when the reno's are complete. Rest assured, if the capacity surpasses DKR, Longhorn donors will not stand for it. DKR will always be the largest in Texas. They will jump on expansion just as soon as the final seating is announced at Kyle if 103 is the case, and will probably get it done before Kyle is finished.
Tell that to Rice. BTW, Austin gets gazillions from the hipster conclave known as SXSW. I'm sure any city in the USA would like a 10 day conference that fills hotels, restaurants and bars in March. So what if someone pisses on the grass?

navscanmaster
09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Tell that to Rice. BTW, Austin gets gazillions from the hipster conclave known as SXSW. I'm sure any city in the USA would like a 10 day conference that fills hotels, restaurants and bars in March. So what if someone pisses on the grass?

Not the intent of my post, but rather to satire the environmentalist crowd that is by and large the same SXSW hipster crowd.

Balcones fault
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Not the intent of my post, but rather to satire the environmentalist crowd that is by and large the same SXSW hipster crowd.

Understood, but that hipster crowd at SXSW is primarily from out of town so its a relevant criticism, IMO. No offense. Those environmentalists managed to preserve Barton Springs, the shoreline of LadyBird Lake, and make Austin a landmark destination, all by preserving natural resources. Seems to have worked out fairly well, don't you think? Sure it makes it a real PIA to build on a lot with 400 y-o live oak trees, but its also some of the most valuble residential property in the state because of the protective ordinances. Or would you prefer the world to look like the endless strip center that is Plano? Again, no offense, but you brought it up.

navscanmaster
09-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Understood, but that hipster crowd at SXSW is primarily from out of town so its a relevant criticism, IMO. No offense. Those environmentalists managed to preserve Barton Springs, the shoreline of LadyBird Lake, and make Austin a landmark destination, all by preserving natural resources. Seems to have worked out fairly well, don't you think? Sure it makes it a real PIA to build on a lot with 400 y-o live oak trees, but its also some of the most valuble residential property in the state because of the protective ordinances. Or would you prefer the world to look like the endless strip center that is Plano? Again, no offense, but you brought it up.

I really don't want to hijack the thread, which is why I only responded to the Rabid Cougar's statement with a single sentence and continued the topic at hand. That said, my experience with people in that crowd has a heavy dose of hypocrisy and elitism, so I tend to not think highly of them. I am glad Austin residents and leadership has made it into the city it is, and it really is a nice region of the state to live in. Those projects should be reflective of the contributions of all Austin citizens, not a single crowd. Back to the topic, a new UT stadium, if built in Austin proper, would require a billion dollar investment, regardless of backlash from any group of citizens. The traffic is already horrendous, so major transportation upgrades would be required where ever it would be placed. UT will be best served by expansion of the south endzone, which is in the long term plan anyhow, I believe. The capacity would go upwards of 115K if built to match the north endzone, unless they chose to reconfigure the massive second deck on the west side to add suites and increase revenue.

Balcones fault
09-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I really don't want to hijack the thread, which is why I only responded to the Rabid Cougar's statement with a single sentence and continued the topic at hand. That said, my experience with people in that crowd has a heavy dose of hypocrisy and elitism, so I tend to not think highly of them. I am glad Austin residents and leadership has made it into the city it is, and it really is a nice region of the state to live in. Those projects should be reflective of the contributions of all Austin citizens, not a single crowd. Back to the topic, a new UT stadium, if built in Austin proper, would require a billion dollar investment, regardless of backlash from any group of citizens. The traffic is already horrendous, so major transportation upgrades would be required where ever it would be placed. UT will be best served by expansion of the south endzone, which is in the long term plan anyhow, I believe. The capacity would go upwards of 115K if built to match the north endzone, unless they chose to reconfigure the massive second deck on the west side to add suites and increase revenue.

Unbridled development seldom benefits the whole. Hypocrisy is rampant everywhere, unfortunately. At UT, the status quo is making plenty of $ and local businesses would be mighty unhappy with relocation. But then UT pretty much does what it wants. If they had the community in mind they would leave Lions Golf Course alone. Agreed on the cost. East side property is hot now. Baylor relocation won't likely ruffle too many feathers around Floyd Casey. Anyone know what will become of FC?

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2012, 07:53 PM
The location of the new Baylor Stadium will create horrendous traffic on I-35. One exit from the north and the south and pinned against the River. There is only one road that will feed into the stadium. Also they are depending on most of the vehicles to be parked on campus and downtown.

Emerson1
09-29-2012, 08:12 PM
They won't ever need a new stadium

http://www.bevosports.com/images/futureDKR_lg.jpg

That's the ultimate goal already.

sahen
09-29-2012, 11:04 PM
The location of the new Baylor Stadium will create horrendous traffic on I-35. One exit from the north and the south and pinned against the River. There is only one road that will feed into the stadium. Also they are depending on most of the vehicles to be parked on campus and downtown.

most of the vehicles will have to park on campus thus making the traffic not as big of a deal...the parking lots will be small at the stadium....its an on campus stadium and like every other on campus stadium in America the majority of people will park on campus and walk to it....

also, i'd think you could go down 77 and hit MLK and head west toward the new site as well....