PDA

View Full Version : Wharton at Sealy

Scoop27
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
The Tigers from Wharton County could easily be 4-0 losing to Cuero 20-19 to start the season.

Coach Tim Finn has done a great job. The offense is really rolling and defense has played decent.

I really think Wharton can give Sealy all it can handle and the game will be close. Sealy will likely win

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Jowan Davis who had over 300 rushing yards lastnight will control this game.. it's also it sealy.. I think sealy wins by 2 or 3 td's kind of easily

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I may go see this game as the Leps are on their bye week. Sealy has regrouped with their premier player recovering from an injury. Wharton has surprised folks with a strong pre-district record 3-1 and thumping of Needville . This will be a close game but I'm going with Sealy by 7 with home field advantage.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-29-2012, 10:45 AM
It's just my fair opinion but im not buying into Wharton and Columbus being anything better then average this year.. i just don't see it.. when it comes down to it they are mediocre with a few good athletes... With that said.. We or anyone can't play them with that attitude because they will beat you if you play on their level

raider red 2000
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
It's just my fair opinion but im not buying into Wharton and Columbus being anything better then average this year.. i just don't see it.. when it comes down to it they are mediocre with a few good athletes... With that said.. We or anyone can't play them with that attitude because they will beat you if you play on their level
Well I hope a mediocre team beats the Sealy tigers. Seems like maybe y'all are mediocre with a few athletes also. I have only seen 1 Sealy game (tv) that game got turned off pretty quickly because of a lack of competition.

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 11:28 AM

I agree Columbus is not a tough team this year but they may improve. Wharton on the other hand has shown something and can compete with Sealy or any other D25 team so like you say they can beat you whatever level you assume for Sealy.

OLE'BULL
09-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Well I hope a mediocre team beats the Sealy tigers. Seems like maybe y'all are mediocre with a few athletes also. I have only seen 1 Sealy game (tv) that game got turned off pretty quickly because of a lack of competition.

Haha well said raider! Without RSJ and Davis, Sealy is very mediocre. Not taking anything away from the rest of the team, but those 2 guys are obvious difference makers.

Scoop27
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Wharton has a lot of speed and big play ability-Wharton can run or pass the ball and also has a good kicker

sTxforlife
09-29-2012, 01:29 PM
There's the Sealy haters coming out of the woodwork, I was wondering when y'all were gonna start.

raider red 2000
09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
There's the Sealy haters coming out of the woodwork, I was wondering when y'all were gonna start.
We would have waited longer, but you village lost their idiot and he found this site. He started running his mouth about this and that. It's easy to hate on a town like that.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-29-2012, 01:52 PM
We would have waited longer, but you village lost their idiot and he found this site. He started running his mouth about this and that. It's easy to hate on a town like that.

I'd love for you to come to sealy and meet this village idiot... watch your mouth son. And it does't matter what we are without RSJ and Davis because we have them.. don't we?

sTxforlife
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh I'm sorry what year did we rub ur nose in the dirt? People always hate on a successful program because they're jealous that they don't have one.

raider red 2000
09-29-2012, 02:11 PM

Oh I'm sorry what year did we rub ur nose in the dirt? People always hate on a successful program because they're jealous that they don't have one.
I would bet that my team is more successful lately than your tigers. So before you get to frisky, buy a clue.

And you were the one that brought up being avg without except for a couple of players. There are a ton of schools that if you take away their two studs, then they will become average.

I wouldnt mind going to watch y'all sometime, but I am usually working on Friday nights.

gambler1606
09-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Haha well said raider! Without RSJ and Davis, Sealy is very mediocre. Not taking anything away from the rest of the team, but those 2 guys are obvious difference makers.

Sealy with "RSJ" IS 1-1, without "RSJ" Sealy is 3-0. You think we are just Mediocre? We beat a pretty good Cleveland team and a pretty good Smithville team and beat a pretty bad Brookshire team. We had over 600 yards against Royal and that was spread out over several different players. Davis had 230yds rushing, Cardel had 70yds rushing, Wallace had 103yds rushing, Simpson had 30yds receiving, Lake had 79yds receiving, Einkauf had 142yds passing. So pick your poison, who are you gonna focus on to stop.

speedbump
09-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Jowan Davis who had over 300 rushing yards lastnight will control this game.. it's also it sealy.. I think sealy wins by 2 or 3 td's kind of easily

Actually he had 29 carries for 253 yards. If they needed him to carry it 29 times to ice Royal,I'd say he'll need 40 to get Sealy a win over Wharton. Wharton has more than a little team speed on both sides of the ball and Sealy can't win a track meet with them. A grind it out running game will be their best defense and chance for a win. This game is a toss up.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-29-2012, 05:58 PM
preciate the correction.. i added up the rushing yards and forgot our freshman rb had over 100 rushing yards and our soph running bak had 80.. we will be fine

OLE'BULL
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Sealy with "RSJ" IS 1-1, without "RSJ" Sealy is 3-0. You think we are just Mediocre? We beat a pretty good Cleveland team and a pretty good Smithville team and beat a pretty bad Brookshire team. We had over 600 yards against Royal and that was spread out over several different players. Davis had 230yds rushing, Cardel had 70yds rushing, Wallace had 103yds rushing, Simpson had 30yds receiving, Lake had 79yds receiving, Einkauf had 142yds passing. So pick your poison, who are you gonna focus on to stop.

Cleveland? Smithville? Brookshire?.. C'mon man. Sealy couldn't beat Bellville, El Campo, etc. without those 2...

Scoop27
09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Royal could be beat by some Class A schools

OLE'BULL
09-29-2012, 11:50 PM

Also, that 1 loss "with" RSJ against St Pius was a close football game until he went down. He had already rushed for over 200 yds with a couple, 3 TDs. The Tigers offense looked awful after he got hurt, so counting that loss while he was "playing" is just idiotic...and BTW, against Columus (far better than Brookshire), we had 3 backs go over 100 yds...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Y'all will all get yalls.. Don't worry.. Just mark the date... Especially Bellville.. Coach Mitchell has been king in this district for the past 4 years.. And it doesn't matter what we would do without "those two" because we have those two on our team...

sTxforlife
09-30-2012, 02:46 AM
I would bet that my team is more successful lately than your tigers. So before you get to frisky, buy a clue.

And you were the one that brought up being avg without except for a couple of players. There are a ton of schools that if you take away their two studs, then they will become average.

I wouldnt mind going to watch y'all sometime, but I am usually working on Friday nights.
And what team would that be?

I never brought up "being avg without except for a couple of players." We are actually not average without those two, we're pretty dang good, neither RSJ or Davis played in the cleveland game and the Sealy offense looked pretty darn good in that game.

sTxforlife
09-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Bellville hasn't proven themselves to be a contender yet. They beat a terrible Caldwell team, got embarrassed by Kincaid, lost to a decent Giddings team, barely beat a 1-4 Sweeny, and took care of a mediocre at best Columbus team. For a 3-2 team they sure think very highly of themselves.

raider red 2000
09-30-2012, 05:58 AM
It's just my fair opinion but im not buying into Wharton and Columbus being anything better then average this year.. i just don't see it.. when it comes down to it they are mediocre with a few good athletes...

And what team would that be?

I never brought up "being avg without except for a couple of players." .

I was confusing two different posters. My bad.

I honestly don't have any trouble with Sealy, I have a buddy on staff there and some friends that live there. I do like when people brag on their teams, I don't like when people talk down on other teams for no real reason or have anything to back it up.

That being said, y'all might make the playoffs, you might not. I would bet that if you lose to either Wharton or Columbus that you won't make it in. Seems like there are 5 schools that have a shot at 3 places. I think EC gets one of those. Time will tell about the other 2.

As far as who I back right now, I will let you try to figure it out. We have lost 4 games in 5 years.

OLE'BULL
09-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Y'all will all get yalls.. Don't worry.. Just mark the date... Especially Bellville.. Coach Mitchell has been king in this district for the past 4 years.. And it doesn't matter what we would do without "those two" because we have those two on our team...

Bellville will have their hands full with Sealy the last game of the regular season, no doubt about it. We are gonna have to load the box and make them beat us through the air. It should be another great football atmosphere for what could be a playoff deciding game...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Bellville will have their hands full with Sealy the last game of the regular season, no doubt about it. We are gonna have to load the box and make them beat us through the air. It should be another great football atmosphere for what could be a playoff deciding game...

it's gonna be the best atmosphere since the 08-09 game in bellville when both teams were 8-0

gambler1606
09-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I was confusing two different posters. My bad.

I honestly don't have any trouble with Sealy, I have a buddy on staff there and some friends that live there. I do like when people brag on their teams, I don't like when people talk down on other teams for no real reason or have anything to back it up.

That being said, y'all might make the playoffs, you might not. I would bet that if you lose to either Wharton or Columbus that you won't make it in. Seems like there are 5 schools that have a shot at 3 places. I think EC gets one of those. Time will tell about the other 2.

As far as who I back right now, I will let you try to figure it out. We have lost 4 games in 5 years.

We are not worried about Columbus, Bellville or El Campo with no disrespect to their programs, we are focused on Wharton. "One game at a time"

HEMOTOXIC
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Sealy has really stepped up their play with RSJ being out. I saw them against Navasota in the scrimmage. Defensively, I felt that the Tigers were pretty solid. Now, the offense appears to be making their presence known. Folks better watchout for this Tiger team. RSJ will be back and the Tigers will only get better. Exactly how good? Well, we shall all see about that. As gambler stated, one game at a time. Focus on Wharton, who appears to be playing good football too.

Sealy 35 Wharton 21

Manso/V8
09-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Bellville hasn't proven themselves to be a contender yet. They beat a terrible Caldwell team, got embarrassed by Kincaid, lost to a decent Giddings team, barely beat a 1-4 Sweeny, and took care of a mediocre at best Columbus team. For a 3-2 team they sure think very highly of themselves.

Sealy embarrassed the county on national TV.

Manso/V8
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM

For sure, we got the date marked, November 9th. Do Mtichell's beer drink buddies officiating crew have it marked down? My guess is yes and yall know what I'm talking about, everyone in Sealy knows it!

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2012, 12:07 AM
when it comes down to it they are mediocre with a few good athletes...

This made me laugh.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM

How?? Sealy was puting it on them with rsj... and then he was out... We were without RSJ.. without our starting rb..(had a freshman and soph making up for it) we had our third string qb in (also a soph) and we were facing a team that has the number 13 ranked qb in the nation acording to rivals.com and had 2 skill players with multiple d1 offers who are both undecided yet on their school of choice.. how is that embarrassing?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
This made me laugh.

congrats...

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
For sure, we got the date marked, November 9th. Do Mtichell's beer drink buddies officiating crew have it marked down? My guess is yes and yall know what I'm talking about, everyone in Sealy knows it!

lol... you have no idea what you are talking about.. Every officiating crew hates sealy just as much as you idiots

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
The hate Sealy gets year in and year out is crazy

Manso/V8
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
The hate Sealy gets year in and year out is crazy

You just changed your post........it was a lot longer and more expressive. You are really getting worked up about all this, four posts in a row! I get the impression you post something, walk away from the computer, start thinking about Bellville, get all whipped up in a frenzy, start pacing around the room, and then go back and post something else.....and this is a thread about the Sealy-Wharton game.

You are waaaaaayyyy in to it! I am starting to think you are that guy at the Sealy games who gets all dressed up in black and gold, puts on a hockey goalie mask, and walks around the stadium growling and shaking two 5 gallon water bottles painted sparkly gold with beans or something in them. Congrats, that is a real class act.

No one from Bellville hates Sealy. We are glad we don't live there and that we didn't have to go to school there, but we don't hate Sealy.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Actually i don't even live in sealy, I live about 150 miles north west .. i very rarely even make a game.. i do keep up with the team probably more than anybody though. And yeah well trust me we are glad we didn't grow up in Bellville either, It is two completely different life styles for only a 12 mile gap on 36. I am very proud to be a tiger and to have had the chance to be a part of arguably the greatest program and coaching staff of 3a football history. And as far as the sealy bellville thing goes.. i wouldn't even hesitate to put the hate in front of Bellville everytime i spoke of their athletic program... product of my environment.

gambler1606
10-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Royal could be beat by some Class A schools

I totally agree with you on that. And maybe some 6 man teams!!

gambler1606
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
lol... you have no idea what you are talking about.. Every officiating crew hates sealy just as much as you idiots

We had those in Brookshire last Friday!

OLE'BULL
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Actually i don't even live in sealy, I live about 150 miles north west .. i very rarely even make a game.. i do keep up with the team probably more than anybody though. And yeah well trust me we are glad we didn't grow up in Bellville either, It is two completely different life styles for only a 12 mile gap on 36. I am very proud to be a tiger and to have had the chance to be a part of arguably the greatest program and coaching staff of 3a football history. And as far as the sealy bellville thing goes.. i wouldn't even hesitate to put the hate in front of Bellville everytime i spoke of their athletic program... product of my environment.

I would love to hear you elaborate on the "lifestyles", you would probably embarrass yourself and the rest of Sealy. If you actually did play a role in the great mid/late 90's teams, which judging by your post, you really didn't play much of one, then congrats. That was a great run with a great team, and OK 3A coaches. And unlike the other Bellville poster who doesn't hate Sealy, I do. Again, product of the environment.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
I never said when i played.. i was talking about the program in general.. and i played for a coaching staff that had 4 previous AD's on it before they teamed up at sealy. And Good! thats what makes the rivalry what it is.. its amazing

sTxforlife
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Amen. Very well said. I and the most of the former Sealy players feel the same way.

sTxforlife
10-01-2012, 10:53 PM

And you think Bellville would have done better? St. Pius would have beaten y'all by 40 points. Like black&gold4life said we had our star and our #1 rb out and were playing a 3rd string soph qb who didn't do a bad job at all given the circumstances.

OLE'BULL
10-02-2012, 07:42 AM
And you think Bellville would have done better? St. Pius would have beaten y'all by 40 points. Like black&gold4life said we had our star and our #1 rb out and were playing a 3rd string soph qb who didn't do a bad job at all given the circumstances.

No, I dont. Thats why we weren't selected to play in the game.

gordo
10-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Navasota thinks Sealy is VERY average.

garciap77
10-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Sealy:2thumbsup

gordo
10-02-2012, 07:49 AM
How did LaMarque do aginst St. Pius X? LOL Average nope

sTxforlife
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Of course yall do

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM

Sealy didn't do anything in the scrimmage against Nastysoda to prove them otherwise so ill give ya that one... on the other hand.. since the scrimmage we completely moved our players around on the O side of the ball.. we got our starting center back from knee surgery in the off season, moved the qb from that scrimmage to WR, Added two more running baks to help davis with his number of carries, moved RSJ out wide and made several moves on D by making most of our star players go both ways now.. I will always give Navasota respect because i do believe they are a Great 3a football team with only great things to come as the season gets older

Manso/V8
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Amen. Very well said. I and the most of the former Sealy players feel the same way.

So, you "hate" Bellville?

OLE'BULL
10-02-2012, 02:26 PM
This thread has gotten wayyyy off topic, cant imagine what the Bellville vs. Sealy thread will look like. One week at a time fellas...

zebrablue2
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
This thread has gotten wayyyy off topic, cant imagine what the Bellville vs. Sealy thread will look like. One week at a time fellas...

So lets get back on the topic, Wharton vs Sealy, I say Sealy by 14.

HEMOTOXIC
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM

Sealy appears to be playing good ball. I will go with Sealy @ home.

sTxforlife
10-02-2012, 07:08 PM
So, you "hate" Bellville?
Not my favorite place on earth no.

1st and goal
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
This will be a close game. Sealy by 7. Homefield advantage.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I heard Viertell may be back in at QB this week.. After what Einkauf has done and proven over the past thee weeks I'm not sure I agree with the move by Mitchell. The offense looks great out there right now and Einkauf is a hell of a competitor.. If Viertell does happen to start at QB.. I don't see it lasting long because IMO and many others I have talked to, Einkauf is better.. That simple. However if he does start I hope he plays like we need him too because this district is ruthless.

sTxforlife
10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I heard Viertell may be back in at QB this week.. After what Einkauf has done and proven over the past thee weeks I'm not sure I agree with the move by Mitchell. The offense looks great out there right now and Einkauf is a hell of a competitor.. If Viertell does happen to start at QB.. I don't see it lasting long because IMO and many others I have talked to, Einkauf is better.. That simple. However if he does start I hope he plays like we need him too because this district is ruthless.
That's what I've been hearing too, I'm not sure if his hand is fully healed but he has been practicing. If he doesn't play qb he can contribute at an h-back or a WR.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
That's what I've been hearing too, I'm not sure if his hand is fully healed but he has been practicing. If he doesn't play qb he can contribute at an h-back or a WR.

Yeah I think he helps the team best at WR and h bak.. Gives Einkauf another big target to hit, especially with Ricky out.

sTxforlife
10-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah I think he helps the team best at WR and h bak.. Gives Einkauf another big target to hit, especially with Ricky out.
Yeah plus I'm not too sure how good it would be for the chemistry of the offense to take Einkauf out at this time in the season after he's already proven himself for half of the season.

raider red 2000
10-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Tigers win in a close game

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Tigers win in a close game

Both teams are the tigers??

Scoop27
10-04-2012, 12:59 AM
From the Wharton Journal-Spectator
Finn said his team will have to play a complete game in all three phases — offense, defense and special teams.

“We’ll have to play with a lot of confidence in a place that’s rich with football tradition,” Finn said.

The biggest unknown at this point is whether or not Sealy’s star quarterback — Ricky Seals-Jones, who has committed to the University of Texas — will play.

“He got hurt against St. Pius, and he’s been out since then,” Finn said.

Seals-Jones, who also plays at wide receiver, was projected to be out for four to six weeks, and this will be the fourth week, Finn said. However, the Tigers haven’t really skipped a beat.

“Their sophomore quarterback, in his absence, has developed tremendously,” Finn said.

Besides the quarterback slot, the Tigers have a strong corps of running backs, led by Jowan Davis, and offensive line.

“They have a slew of running backs,” Finn said. “We’ve got to stop them. They have the best O-line we’ve faced.”

On defense, Finn said Sealy is a “very physical football team” and that it has very few two-way players. Their defense is No. 2 overall in the district, he added.

“They are a well-rounded football team,” Finn said.

Last week, the Tigers won their fourth straight game in a rainy Homecoming victory over Needville, 46-0. It was the Tigers’ first shutout of the season.

“Shutouts are not easy to come by,” Finn said. “It wasn’t easy.”

Finn said at one point in the game after the Blue Jays had a big play, the defense “stepped up, and the kids responded by holding them to a field goal attempt.”

“The defensive front was awesome,” Finn added. “That’s what kept us in the game early. It helped us overcome our sluggish start in other areas.”

Finn mentioned Austin Cruz, Isiah Lynch, Kemaad Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Claudio Rojas and Ramon Frazier for the defensive play.

While the offense started off slow, Finn pointed out that all points came from the offensive unit. In past weeks, touchdowns have also been scored by the defense and special teams.

“(Quarterback Bartee) Grissom had a very good night in his decision making,” Finn said. “He did a good job managing the offense.”

While running back Alfred Pinkney sat out most of the second half after getting banged up a little, freshman Dontre Elliott took over and played well, Finn said.

“Elliott did a good job stepping in,” Finn said.

Finn also praised the play of the offensive line.

“The offensive line is what makes our team go,” Finn said. “The offensive line has done a bang up job on run blocking, and that set up our pass blocking. They are making it easy to have a balanced offense.”

Finn also gave a shout out to the receivers.

“They’ve been doing a good job catching the ball and making it happen,” Finn said.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
24 hours baby

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
wharton up 7-0 after first pos.

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
14-0 Wharton now.

Average with a few good athletes huh?

hookandladder
10-05-2012, 08:10 PM
14-0 Wharton now.

Whats up with Sealy, no pass defense.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
14-0 Wharton now.

14-7 now after sealy has a 15 play 95 yard drive... and yeah thats all they are..

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
14-7 now after sealy has a 15 play 95 yard drive... and yeah thats all they are..

pot meet kettle.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 08:31 PM
14-14

raider red 2000
10-05-2012, 08:42 PM
WHS up 21-14 at half???

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
thats what i saw

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 09:07 PM
wharton is A LOT faster than i thought.. not many times are faster/as fast as sealy but wharton is..

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 09:21 PM
wharton is A LOT faster than i thought.. not many times are faster/as fast as sealy but wharton is..

average with a couple good athletes....

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
21-21 keep in mind we still don't hav RSJ for all u scrub talkiers.. the number one ranked player in the state and number one athlete in the nation by rivals.com and ESPN

raider red 2000
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
average with a couple good athletes....

Lol :)

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 10:03 PM
21-21 keep in mind we still don't hav RSJ for all u scrub talkiers.. the number one ranked player in the state and number one athlete in the nation by rivals.com and ESPN

28-21 Wharton

4th qt

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
28-28 tied game in the 4th.. Davis with over 150 rushing and einkauf a few away from 200 passing

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 10:18 PM
35-28 sealy. 3 mins left

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Final yet???

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Wharton 36
Sealy 35

FINAL

I think Wharton scored the winning TD as time expired

Roughneck93
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Wharton 36
Sealy 35

FINAL

I think Wharton scored the winning TD as time expired

Wow!

OldBison75
10-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Sounds like it was a helluva game. WOW!!!!!!

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 11:18 PM
And then scored the 2-point conversion with no time left on the clock? Wow, what an ending to what must have been a thriller. And all without RSJ. I reckon that proves this Sealy team is indeed a good team to play a game against a formidable team like Wharton WITHOUT their Mr. Everything and STILL take it down to the last second. Congrats to Wharton on a great win, and to Sealy as well for a the game they played.

raider red 2000
10-05-2012, 11:22 PM
And then scored the 2-point conversion with no time left on the clock? Wow, what an ending to what must have been a thriller. And all without RSJ. I reckon that proves this Sealy team is indeed a good team to play a game against a formidable team like Wharton WITHOUT their Mr. Everything and STILL take it down to the last second. Congrats to Wharton on a great win, and to Sealy as well for a the game they played.
That loss might really hurt Sealy's playoff chances. They still have el campo and Belleville

regaleagle
10-05-2012, 11:36 PM
So are you suggesting RSJ will not be back, and that both EC AND Belleville are better than this Wharton team, or what?

raider red 2000
10-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I'd love for you to come to sealy and meet this village idiot... watch your mouth son. And it does't matter what we are without RSJ and Davis because we have them.. don't we?
So did the WHS coaches out coach the the SHS coaches or what.

It's hard to win with mediocre athletes.

raider red 2000
10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
So are you suggesting RSJ will not be back, and that both EC AND Belleville are better than this Wharton team, or what?
EC is probably better. Will the Sealy kids quit on their season if they lose again. This was supposed to be a win for SHS, but seems like they might have been reading their press clippings about how good they are.

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 12:42 AM

Actually the ending of this game was even more bizarre than this. Wharton was down 28-35 with 30 seconds left in the game 4th down on the Sealy 10. The Wharton qb rolled out to the left and appeared to score by hitting the pylon with the ball. The refs said no and spotted the ball on the 1 ft line for Sealy. Sealy qb fumbled the snap and recovered in the endzone. Safety 2 points for Wharton with 12 seconds left. The Wharton coaches players and fans were going berserk over the bad call but they took the free kick(a punt) and immediately the runner was tackled on the 45 of Sealy. With 7.7 seconds left the Wharton qb rolls to the right under pressure and lofts a long Hail Mary over the middle. The Wharton receiver caught it in stride among 4 Sealy defenders and ran it in for the td with no time on the clock. Wharton 36 Sealy 35. They took a knee on the PAT attempt. Most exciting ending in any hs football game I've ever seen.

Wharton has crazy good athletes but they just make too darn many mistakes like personal fouls and off sides penalties. They gave up a td on a fumbled snap during a punt attempt recovered for the td by Sealy in the 2nd. They never could put Sealy away as the Sealy Tigers just were relentless as usual in coming back. Great effort from both teams tonight. D25 will be very interesting.

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 12:46 AM
So did the WHS coaches out coach the the SHS coaches or what.

It's hard to win with mediocre athletes.

Great athletes from both teams. Sealy appeared much better conditioned than Wharton and more disciplined but Wharton has so many talented athletes it is scary. Wharton could be the real deal if they would settle down and focus on making fewer mistakes and penalties. Sealy will be in the mix whebn RSJ returns. They are a very well coached and disciplined team with talent.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Wharton somehow scored a safety then TD as time expired and won by 1 pt. that's all I know

OLE'BULL
10-06-2012, 08:12 AM
That loss might really hurt Sealy's playoff chances. They still have el campo and Belleville

El Campo is GOOD. The Bellville/Sealy game might determine the 3rd playoff spot if we can't get by Wharton. I think El Campo is going to be a lock for the DC. Bellville needs to go back to the drawing board and Sealy needs to get RSJ healthy. What did Jowan Davis finish with for the night? I have to pull for a future Rice Owl, but I am afraid if he does to well, he will get more attention and leave Rice behind. Anyone know how strong his commitment is?

YTBulldogs
10-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Wharton, with a QB that has grown alot over a year, could very well lead the Tigers to a much more expected district finish. Also, currently believe EC is the fav to win district, but--Wharton has gained ton's of confidence and could surprise some teams by season's end.

1st and goal
10-06-2012, 08:53 AM
El Campo is GOOD. The Bellville/Sealy game might determine the 3rd playoff spot if we can't get by Wharton. I think El Campo is going to be a lock for the DC. Bellville needs to go back to the drawing board and Sealy needs to get RSJ healthy. What did Jowan Davis finish with for the night? I have to pull for a future Rice Owl, but I am afraid if he does to well, he will get more attention and leave Rice behind. Anyone know how strong his commitment is?

I think Sealy with a healthy RSJ, could give EC a game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2012, 09:35 AM
actually the ending of this game was even more bizarre than this. Wharton was down 28-35 with 30 seconds left in the game 4th down on the sealy 10. The wharton qb rolled out to the left and appeared to score by hitting the pylon with the ball. The refs said no and spotted the ball on the 1 ft line for sealy. Sealy qb fumbled the snap and recovered in the endzone. Safety 2 points for wharton with 12 seconds left. The wharton coaches players and fans were going berserk over the bad call but they took the free kick(a punt) and immediately the runner was tackled on the 45 of sealy. With 7.7 seconds left the wharton qb rolls to the right under pressure and lofts a long hail mary over the middle. The wharton receiver caught it in stride among 4 sealy defenders and ran it in for the td with no time on the clock. Wharton 36 sealy 35. They took a knee on the pat attempt. Most exciting ending in any hs football game i've ever seen.

Wharton has crazy good athletes but they just make too darn many mistakes like personal fouls and off sides penalties. They gave up a td on a fumbled snap during a punt attempt recovered for the td by sealy in the 2nd. They never could put sealy away as the sealy tigers just were relentless as usual in coming back. Great effort from both teams tonight. D25 will be very interesting.

wow!

sTxforlife
10-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes Sealy was outcoached in this game. Our defensive scheme was ridiculous. We might as well not even played with a d line since we only rushed 3 all night. The hail mary pass at the end was the product of the worst prevent defense and defensive call I have probably ever seen. It wasn't even a true prevent. Not to take anything away from Wharton because they played a great game and are a very good team that will surprise alot of people but I believe that if we had had a better defensive game plan Sealy would have won by 2 or 3 tds. JMO

millcreek
10-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes Sealy was outcoached in this game. Our defensive scheme was ridiculous. We might as well not even played with a d line since we only rushed 3 all night. The hail mary pass at the end was the product of the worst prevent defense and defensive call I have probably ever seen. It wasn't even a true prevent. Not to take anything away from Wharton because they played a great game and are a very good team that will surprise alot of people but I believe that if we had had a better defensive game plan Sealy would have won by 2 or 3 tds. JMO

You cant blame coaches for missed assignments, so I disagree with your statement that Sealy was out coached. We have a lot of young talent on the field that are having to grow up fast. This was a very exciting game. Almost as exciting as the '08 Sealy/Bellville game on Halloween night. The botched PAT snap that ended up as the winning touchdown. Sealy needs to tighten up and get ready for the next game. With or without RSJ. We are better with him, but not having him on the field has forced other talent to step up and get the job done..
good game Wharton.

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Sealy was NOT out coached last night. Sealy came from behind and showed tremendous discipline and resolve. Unfortunately Wharton was on a magical mystery tour and for whatever reason could not find a way to lose the game. Sealy capitalized on so many Wharton miscues you had to think they would pull it out for a win but that last 30 seconds was just crazy. Great game for all. Both teams gave a tremendous effort. Sealy will be fine and they will make the playoffs and with RSJ?... well that is scary too.

sTxforlife
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. True that there were missed assignments by players that could have definitely helped Sealy out, but when your defense is constantly out of position because of bad coaching decisions some blame should be placed on the coaches. The last play was completely on the coaches for not running a true prevent or having anyone on the goaline. Like I said before JMO.

Pudlugger
10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Fair enough regarding the Prevent Defense. Perhaps the coach was in some state of stunned disbelief that the defense stopped Wharton on the one foot line by the Ref's call. Everyone was shocked by the call and then well you know what happened. A defensive player at the goal line would have been a good idea though.

mac77
10-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I guess everyone else is finding out what Columbia found out a couple weeks ago, Wharton is a good team! Sure they can be undisciplined, but what high school team isn't at some point. They have the speed and athletic talent to cause problems for those who underestimate them.

millcreek
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I really don't think you should call out the Sealy coaches like that. Especially when there was 30 points on the board prior to the last play. I'm sure they would welcome any coaching advice you could give them. LOL. Can't coach experience, its acquired over time. Kick them when they're down,,, niiiiiiice.. Now if you'll excuse me,I have a pedi appointment. J. M. O. As well

raider red 2000
10-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I really don't think you should call out the Sealy coaches like that. Especially when there was 30 points on the board prior to the last play. I'm sure they would welcome any coaching advice you could give them. LOL. Can't coach experience, its acquired over time. Kick them when they're down,,, niiiiiiice.. Now if you'll excuse me,I have a pedi appointment. J. M. O. As well
I am the one that mentioned the coaches. Basically saying that if the WHS are medicore and they still one over a much better SHS team then it must be coaching.

I feel better about blaming coaches than blaming kids. But either way, no reason to get feelings hurt.

Players reflect coaching.

Good luck to both schools the rest of the way.

pirate4state
10-07-2012, 10:25 AM

I dare you to go express this opinion to Jimmie & JR. LMAO. Let me know when you do so I can buy a ticket. I wasn't there, but I don't believe that Mitchell's staff would EVER be outcoached. Nothing you say will ever make me believe that, not knowing Mitchell like I do. He puts his heart & soul into his teams. It sounds like a tough loss. Accept it and move onto the next game!

sTxforlife
10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I dare you to go express this opinion to Jimmie & JR. LMAO. Let me know when you do so I can buy a ticket. I wasn't there, but I don't believe that Mitchell's staff would EVER be outcoached. Nothing you say will ever make me believe that, not knowing Mitchell like I do. He puts his heart & soul into his teams. It sounds like a tough loss. Accept it and move onto the next game!
Believe me, I along with EVERY PERSON IN THAT STADIUM expressed that opinion and then some to both the Mitchell brothers Friday night. I played my heart out for that man for 4 years so I think I have the right to say whatever I want to about their coaching having been apart of 2 of the best teams that Sealy has EVER had only to be outcoached in the playoffs and beaten by teams that were not better than us. If you were to ask around Sealy you would find 70-80% of the people share that opinion. Yes it was a tough loss but our boys will recover and be a better team, I feel sorry for Needville this week.

hookandladder
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I was listening to the game on the radio and TJ Mills was definitely questioning Sealys defense scheme all night, especially the last drive that ended at the 1/2 yard line. I think he forgot a couple times that he was still on the radio live, he is funny to listen to. With the Sealy loss , this makes the Sealy - Bellville game realy interesting, all this early talk about playoffs for Bellville and Sealy and now there is a good chance one of them will be sitting at home. Sometimes early talk , lets the mouth overload the butt. Just a saying, Our District playoff spots will be just as interesting.

raider red 2000
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I hope y'all put it on needville.

sTxforlife
10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I was listening to the game on the radio and TJ Mills was definitely questioning Sealys defense scheme all night, especially the last drive that ended at the 1/2 yard line. I think he forgot a couple times that he was still on the radio live, he is funny to listen to. With the Sealy loss , this makes the Sealy - Bellville game realy interesting, all this early talk about playoffs for Bellville and Sealy and now there is a good chance one of them will be sitting at home. Sometimes early talk , lets the mouth overload the butt. Just a saying, Our District playoff spots will be just as interesting.
Very well said. I think El Campo and Wharton have the #1 and #2 spots as long as Wharton gets past Bellville. With that said I see the last game of the season between Bellville and Sealy being the battle to determine who gets that 3rd playoff spot.

speedbump
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM
TJ would disagree about the Bellville Sealy game. He said after the game on the wrap up that the loser of the Wharton, Sealy game was toast. (no playoffs) LOL That's what happens when he's not talking about himself.

sTxforlife
10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
It will be a very hard road for Sealy from here. We CANNOT lose and leave our fate to be determined by other teams.

hookandladder
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Very well said. I think El Campo and Wharton have the #1 and #2 spots as long as Wharton gets past Bellville. With that said I see the last game of the season between Bellville and Sealy being the battle to determine who gets that 3rd playoff spot.

Have to agree if Bellville losses to Wharton , the Wharton - Sealy game will be a winner take all. Bellville just does not have a passing game with the Senior back there, he is the same size and talent wise that he was in 7th grade. I see Wharton with their solid QB winning the Bellville game, then when it comes down to Sealy -Bellville I have to go with Sealy if RSJ is back. Amazing after the first round of District games you can see the writing on the walls so to speak.

raider red 2000
10-07-2012, 02:05 PM
There is still a lot of football to be played. I have no idea what Belleville has, but if they beat Wharton then it could be a mess for 2nd and 3rd place. I assume that EC will run the table.

TigerForever
10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I have been sitting back all weekend biting my lip(or fingertips) about the COACHING but I just can’t take it anymore. IT WAS HORRIBLE! On offence, when you go up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, they probably start expecting it. I know JD had a great game, but get him outside. Sealy was outmatched and oversized up front. When Sealy would open it up to the pass or the outside, look what happened. If they would have did that a little more, they could have had 50+ points. And you can’t blame a soph. QB for the fumble when 95% of his snaps are in the shotgun. The play from the end zone could have been handled a lot better, by the coaches. Now for the last play and the “prevent defense” I guess they never planned to have to do that, because that was not a prevent defense.

I am sure I will get all of the “don’t blame the coaches” responses, but that is JMDO. So let them fly.

Go TIGERS!

sTxforlife
10-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Pretty much sums up the opinion of the people in Sealy I've talked to as well.

maestro
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
does anyone out there actually believe that the wharton qb DID NOT score on the play ruled stopped at the one foot line?

I agree with raiderred2000, still lots of football to be played, and wharton , sealy, bellville, and columbus should still be in the thick of it.

Cannot see anyone upsetting ec.

sTxforlife
10-07-2012, 09:52 PM
does anyone out there actually believe that the wharton qb DID NOT score on the play ruled stopped at the one foot line?

I agree with raiderred2000, still lots of football to be played, and wharton , sealy, bellville, and columbus should still be in the thick of it.

Cannot see anyone upsetting ec.
From where i was it looked like he was clearly in. And in hindsight now i wish they would have called it a TD because then it would have gone to OT instead of the last second dramatic finish it was.

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Hello 3ADownlow, I have finally joined in the fun.

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Believe me, I along with EVERY PERSON IN THAT STADIUM expressed that opinion and then some to both the Mitchell brothers Friday night. I played my heart out for that man for 4 years so I think I have the right to say whatever I want to about their coaching having been apart of 2 of the best teams that Sealy has EVER had only to be outcoached in the playoffs and beaten by teams that were not better than us. If you were to ask around Sealy you would find 70-80% of the people share that opinion. Yes it was a tough loss but our boys will recover and be a better team, I feel sorry for Needville this week.

2 of the best teams Sealy has EVER had??? I know they won 4 state championships in a row in the mid/late 90's. And I know J Mitchell wasnt the head coach of any of them. So your 2 teams were better than those? I highly doubt it. Please elaborate...

maestro
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I will say this...

Friday night's atmosphere for game day in Sealy was the best i've seen in a long while.

The whole experience, especially the upbeat music, during qtr changes, timeouts, etc. was very well done. I guess thats another example of what tradition can accomplish.

and to top it off....Sealy band does spartacus at halftime!!!

hahahahaha

hookandladder
10-08-2012, 08:27 AM
2 of the best teams Sealy has EVER had??? I know they won 4 state championships in a row in the mid/late 90's. And I know J Mitchell wasnt the head coach of any of them. So your 2 teams were better than those? I highly doubt it. Please elaborate...

My vote hands down the best teams that I have seen and watched for the last 15 years from Sealy are the ones winning State Championships with Robbie Bozman leading those teams, they had talent accross the board and could run it or throw it on any given down. Robbie Bozman was one of the best competitors I have ever coached in summer ball, his brother was not to shabby either. Also LG is the 1 loss in that great run of 64-1 run, just had to throw that in there.

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I have read 3A downlow for awhile now and it is fun to read about the games. I am in Austin but have friends all over the country that love High School football and I have several friends in Sealy, I was told this was going be a good game but I couldn’t make the drive so I listen to it on the internet, as hard as that is at times but I will get into that later. It is clear in the 1rst quarter that the Sealy team was not ready for a team that was as explosive or maybe they are just slow starters, coaching? I have read many threads on the Tigers and it seems they are very young or inexperienced. I have no problem with being young it happens everywhere because of graduation, the inexperience is something that irks me to the core, I don’t know if this is the case or not in Sealy but I see it with coaches that pad stats for seniors and don’t look toward the future, meaning they just let talent rot on the sideline and never get them in the game, they seem to be there just in case the starters get injured and when they are called on they seem as if they didn’t get many reps in practice either. I witness blowouts and see starters in the game deep into the 4th quarter, why? Getting game playing time for backups is essential for a program IMO, it obviously gets Friday night reps but it also keeps the benchwarmers happy and they stay in the program, why go through all the beatings during practice without any reward, but that is just how I see it.
The Tiger broadcast team is informative and knowledgeable, but at times they talk too much. TJ Mills is often over analytical and it appears that he thinks the show is about him because he feels he has to make a comment after every play or situation. They often talk over each other on exciting plays, I don’t want to hear 3 guys screaming at the same time it just isn’t entertaining, the play by play guy getting exciting is ok but when the other 2 are trying to be heard as well it is just too much. I don’t know how they produce the games but if they have a guy at the controls he needs to turn off the other mics so this doesn’t happen all the time.
I am told by my friends in Sealy the Tiger broadcasting show is a grand spectacle with 10 guys and a big tent, really? I thought having 3 guys announcing was over kill, why on earth would a HS football broadcast team need so many, unless it is just to get in the games for free. This is a concern to some Sealy fans because they get there early and take up all the good seats, how is this allowed, or is it.
I don’t know Coach Mitchell and have never met him, I ask my friends how Mitchell allows an old coach to second guess him and be so critical of his staff, I am told that he is told that when he has 4 championship rings on his finger he can say something, I doubt this, does Mills have some sort of power in Sealy that he can act like this or is he just that big an a**. I wonder what he would have done if the coach that won the 1rst ring in Sealy were doing this to him when something didn’t work when he was coaching?
Well enough for my 1rst post; I hope it doesn’t offend or bring down the wrath of Tiger nation. But I would like some insight on some of what I am being told about Sealy football

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I have read 3A downlow for awhile now and it is fun to read about the games. I am in Austin but have friends all over the country that love High School football and I have several friends in Sealy, I was told this was going be a good game but I couldn’t make the drive so I listen to it on the internet, as hard as that is at times but I will get into that later. It is clear in the 1rst quarter that the Sealy team was not ready for a team that was as explosive or maybe they are just slow starters, coaching? I have read many threads on the Tigers and it seems they are very young or inexperienced. I have no problem with being young it happens everywhere because of graduation, the inexperience is something that irks me to the core, I don’t know if this is the case or not in Sealy but I see it with coaches that pad stats for seniors and don’t look toward the future, meaning they just let talent rot on the sideline and never get them in the game, they seem to be there just in case the starters get injured and when they are called on they seem as if they didn’t get many reps in practice either. I witness blowouts and see starters in the game deep into the 4th quarter, why? Getting game playing time for backups is essential for a program IMO, it obviously gets Friday night reps but it also keeps the benchwarmers happy and they stay in the program, why go through all the beatings during practice without any reward, but that is just how I see it.
The Tiger broadcast team is informative and knowledgeable, but at times they talk too much. TJ Mills is often over analytical and it appears that he thinks the show is about him because he feels he has to make a comment after every play or situation. They often talk over each other on exciting plays, I don’t want to hear 3 guys screaming at the same time it just isn’t entertaining, the play by play guy getting exciting is ok but when the other 2 are trying to be heard as well it is just too much. I don’t know how they produce the games but if they have a guy at the controls he needs to turn off the other mics so this doesn’t happen all the time.
I am told by my friends in Sealy the Tiger broadcasting show is a grand spectacle with 10 guys and a big tent, really? I thought having 3 guys announcing was over kill, why on earth would a HS football broadcast team need so many, unless it is just to get in the games for free. This is a concern to some Sealy fans because they get there early and take up all the good seats, how is this allowed, or is it.
I don’t know Coach Mitchell and have never met him, I ask my friends how Mitchell allows an old coach to second guess him and be so critical of his staff, I am told that he is told that when he has 4 championship rings on his finger he can say something, I doubt this, does Mills have some sort of power in Sealy that he can act like this or is he just that big an a**. I wonder what he would have done if the coach that won the 1rst ring in Sealy were doing this to him when something didn’t work when he was coaching?
Well enough for my 1rst post; I hope it doesn’t offend or bring down the wrath of Tiger nation. But I would like some insight on some of what I am being told about Sealy football

Yes, I imagine winning 4 state championships for Sealy does give you some kind of power. Just like in any other Texas town. What he did for Sealy will never be repeated. He put Sealy up with the elite teams of all time. He has earned the right to talk over someone on a radio show, or second guess the coach. I am not defending anyone from Sealy, because I am not a Sealy fan, at all. I just know how TJ Mills would be treated in Bellville if he won 4 championships in a row for us. He would probably be allowed to do whatever he wanted...

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
OLE BULL we have a team up here close to me that can trumps that Lake Travis has 5 in row and working on # 6. 4 in a row is very impressive and at the time hadn't been done, but being a successful coach doesn't give you permission to be an A** i am told most people in Sealy think he is a jerk and being from Bellville I am sure you could tell some stories along those lines. I looked in the coaches record books and i only see him listed for his record nothing about any other honors, only that he was in and out of coaching positions for the next 6 years.

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
OLE BULL we have a team up here close to me that can trumps that Lake Travis has 5 in row and working on # 6. 4 in a row is very impressive and at the time hadn't been done, but being a successful coach doesn't give you permission to be an A** i am told most people in Sealy think he is a jerk and being from Bellville I am sure you could tell some stories along those lines. I looked in the coaches record books and i only see him listed for his record nothing about any other honors, only that he was in and out of coaching positions for the next 6 years.

5 in a row is impressive! No being successful doesnt give anyone the right to be an a$$. BUT, I think he has earned the right to second guess a coach. He has been on the top, paid his dues, etc. I dont know much about him personally, so I wont go there.

Manso/V8
10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I am not from Sealy, but from what I have seen, Mitchell seems to put the backups in as much or more than most coaches.
My guess is he doesn't even listen to the internet broadcast.

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Just got off the phone with a buddy that was at the game with his family, he says there were some fans that should've been escorted out because they were way over the top with their criticism almost to a point of threatening the staff after the game. What a bunch of losers, it is just a game an extracurricular activity, get a life people. He thinks it was the family of one of the current players and to top it off he thinks it is player that roughed the punter to give them new life on one of their touchdown drives, I wonder if the poor kid got berated when he got home

Don’t fool yourself, I bet Mitchell listens to every word, I know I would or have somebody make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. doesnt the coach have control of sports broadcasting.

OLE'BULL
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Just got off the phone with a buddy that was at the game with his family, he says there were some fans that should've been escorted out because they were way over the top with their criticism almost to a point of threatening the staff after the game. What a bunch of losers, it is just a game an extracurricular activity, get a life people. He thinks it was the family of one of the current players and to top it off he thinks it is player that roughed the punter to give them new life on one of their touchdown drives, I wonder if the poor kid got berated when he got home

Don’t fool yourself, I bet Mitchell listens to every word, I know I would or have somebody make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. doesnt the coach have control of sports broadcasting.

I agree w/ Manso. I doubt he listens to it. And I doubt he has control over it. If coaches get caught up in the press, broadcasts, etc. they should probably not be a head coach. He is or should be worried about whats going on with his team, not what others are saying about it.

sTxforlife
10-08-2012, 10:23 AM

I wonder who your source is because they are wrong. That family did not threaten the coach in any way. They were just doing what every other fan in the stands was doing to coach mitchell except they refrained from cussing him up one side and down the other like most other people were, so maybe if you don't know what your talking about you should probly not pass judgement. As for Mills being an ass, he is one of the nicest men I have ever met in my life. He does not agree with many of Mitchell's decisions and I believe that he has every right to be critical of the man because of what he has done for this town. If you were to ask most Sealy people about it they would feel the same way. This is typical of someone who doesn't live in the town.

TigerForever
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Pretty much sums up the opinion of the people in Sealy I've talked to as well.

Glad to know I am not the only one that felt this way, and I do not believe this is the first or last game that Sealy will get out coached, unfortunately.

By the way, I also think the Wharton QB broke the plain, and there was also a blatant horse collar penalty that should have been called against Sealy.

Finally, why the hell would Mitchell have control over the broadcasting? He is just an employee of SISD. The advertisers are paying for the broadcast.

I personally enjoy the internet broadcast and Mill's commentary. So what if they have a crew and put up a little tent in the stands. If it were not for them, I would be able to listen to some of the out of time games. On the other hand, maybe some other posters couldn’t either.

JUST A FAN
10-08-2012, 11:42 AM
You have to get permission to broadcast high school events from the AD, so if it gets out of hand he can pull the plug. My friend in Sealy says Mitchell and the other coaches do listen to the rebroadcasts.

Who is the STSN? Is it part of the school or a business?

hookandladder
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
You have to get permission to broadcast high school events from the AD, so if it gets out of hand he can pull the plug. My friend in Sealy says Mitchell and the other coaches do listen to the rebroadcasts.

Who is the STSN? Is it part of the school or a business?

I would have to agree with most that if you are a HC in Texas football and you are worried about what a former HC or anyone in the stands has to say about your coaching, then you are in the wrong bussiness. If you cannot take the Heat, get out of the kitchen. I have sat in the stands for a number of years as just a fan and as husband of a coach , never has my wife gave a Rat's Ass of what people say or think. Made it that much sweeter winning that State Championship, part of the job.

sTxforlife
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one that felt this way, and I do not believe this is the first or last game that Sealy will get out coached, unfortunately.

By the way, I also think the Wharton QB broke the plain, and there was also a blatant horse collar penalty that should have been called against Sealy.

Finally, why the hell would Mitchell have control over the broadcasting? He is just an employee of SISD. The advertisers are paying for the broadcast.

I personally enjoy the internet broadcast and Mill's commentary. So what if they have a crew and put up a little tent in the stands. If it were not for them, I would be able to listen to some of the out of time games. On the other hand, maybe some other posters couldn’t either.
Yes you and I are not the only ones that feel this way either. I also enjoy TJ's commentary. I love the fact that he says what he thinks and isn't afraid that he'll offend someone. The world needs more people like that in my opinion.

buff4ever
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I would have to agree with most that if you are a HC in Texas football and you are worried about what a former HC or anyone in the stands has to say about your coaching, then you are in the wrong bussiness. If you cannot take the Heat, get out of the kitchen. I have sat in the stands for a number of years as just a fan and as husband of a coach , never has my wife gave a Rat's Ass of what people say or think. Made it that much sweeter winning that State Championship, part of the job.

I am just glad that you threw wife in there to clear that up. :wave:

BwdLion73
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM

:clap:...not that there's anything wrong with that...:)

buff4ever
10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
:clap:...not that there's anything wrong with that...:)

Right...:)

hookandladder
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Damn, that did sound bad there for a while. Thank goodness I have a boy playing or leaving the wife part out, may have been interesting. Thank God They gotta a lotta nice girls in La Grange.

millcreek
10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I wonder who your source is because they are wrong. That family did not threaten the coach in any way. They were just doing what every other fan in the stands was doing to coach mitchell except they refrained from cussing him up one side and down the other like most other people were, so maybe if you don't know what your talking about you should probly not pass judgement. As for Mills being an ass, he is one of the nicest men I have ever met in my life. He does not agree with many of Mitchell's decisions and I believe that he has every right to be critical of the man because of what he has done for this town. If you were to ask most Sealy people about it they would feel the same way. This is typical of someone who doesn't live in the town.

This same family HECKLED Coach Mirchell during the Sealy High School sports banquet. It was very embarrassing! Whats really bad is now their oldest son participates in the stands . After every home game, the players, families, friends, students and fans meet at the north end zone and talk, take pictures and just hang out. The coaches are there and it's fun; more fun when it's a win, but we do it either way.. The coaches Don't run into the locker room and hide most stay outside, and thats where these parents decided to confront the coaches. These people need to stop before they ruin it for everyone. You want to talk to Mitchell about your athlete? Do it in his office, or do you need an unwilling audience???? Everyone on this board is entitled to an opinion. Type away, go for it!! But when you're in the stands remember, we don't all agree with your evaluation . Not the time or place. Show some class..
Remember, Mitchell and Co. has taken sealy to playoffs every year since since 07.
I like the STSN , those guys make me LOL!

Pudlugger
10-08-2012, 07:08 PM

That there is funny...snarky yes , but funny.

957tiger
10-09-2012, 11:02 AM
The Sealy Tiger Sports Network is in it's 4th full year of covering Tiger Athletics. They are affiliated with KMAC Sports in Austin. This season they have presented 6 football broadcasts that have reached an estimated 6000+ listeners. The broadcast crew has more football knowledge than most college level crews have. Mark Faldyn was the offensive cordinator during the 4 championship wins. He assumed the Head Coaching position when TJ Mills left to go to Odessa Permian. Coach Faldyn retired from coaching in 2006 with a 40-32 record. Four state championships in five trips to the championship. The PBP man is former two time all-state quarterback Brad Burttschell. He holds the record for most wins at 43-6 for a QB. He also has two championship rings. Coach TJ Mills of course is the man you can love or hate. As is the case with most coaches who are successful. Along the way he has aquired a 148-38 record and 5 trips to a state championship game. Yes he is opiniated, he is brash, he is hard on the coaches. But he is right in his take on the game. If you listen he will tell you what will happen before it does based on his 25+ years of coaching. And he will tell the listeners in his own style how to correct the problems. The rest of the crew is made up of a sound engineer and producer. Also there is the stats team. That includes a spotter and tech who inputs real time data and stats and sends it to the broadcast crew. They inturn use those numbers on almost every play. These stats are provided to several media outlets and the Tiger coaching staff. There is also a field reporter who provides live injury updates and observations from the sidelines. They also provide a post game interview with the coach and the player of the game. Countless hours of listening to both professional and local broadcasts determined the format the STSN currently uses. They have worked with other schools providing technical support. A fact the STSN appreciates as it validates what they do. And they do it for free, not to get into the games for free as Just A Fan implies.

As for the "tent" in the stands. As you are aware many schools do not provide areas to broadcast from. It was decided to broadcast from the stands. The set-up is usually done three-four hours in advance. Since the weather is always a concern it was important to provide protection from the elements. Fans have sat around the tent or pop-up since the begining as they enjoy interacting with the STSN. As a matter of fact there is a loyal following that request they sit outside at home games. However that would require fans to move from seats they've had for many years. Fans also have brought snacks to the crew to show thier appreciation, that has now become a tradition. The STSN always takes into consideration the placement of their broadcast and communicates with the band director to ensure there are no conflicts. As for Coach Mitchell not allowing an old coach to second guess him. All I know is both coaches communicate often. They discuss many aspects of the game. I think any coach would apreciate a fellow coach giving advice or opinions, kind of like talking with a successful peer and reaping the benefits of a successful coaching career and program. There are many sponsors and supporters of the STSN. However there will always be those who don't like what they hear or see. The mission of the STSN is to showcase the student-athletes. So far the 100,000 estimated listeners like the product. I hope I've been able to clear up any questions Just A Fan may have had, and would like to invite him to listen in to future broadcasts throughout the school year.

JUST A FAN
10-09-2012, 02:08 PM
No offense 957tiger, I didn’t mean to imply that the STSN members only want to get into the games for free; it is just a benefit I see utilized by our various support staffs. It appears you know quite a bit about the STSN. I have listened to a few archived games as homework if you will and I believe it is a good crew although I prefer a 2 man crew over the 3 man Monday Night Football type crew which usually means everybody wants to talk and it clutters the air, IMO. You are correct about TJ Mills being a man you can love or hate and I may have been swayed by my friends in Sealy; who have been there for a long period of time and even have had children play for him, out of the 7 asked 6 hate and 1 love, not a good feel for the man, many concede he is very successful but very arrogant and rude, 3 of the 7 had boys that started for Mills during the championships and they don’t care much for him either, not to mention my friends in Odessa., we won’t go down that road.
I will listen to this week’s game as we play on another night, I will keep an open mind. I now understand the need for so many workers but I caution them that they may be intruding on the faithful fan that likes to sit where they set up. I would like to know how big the tent is because it sounds like a rather large tent in order to house such a large entourage .

I have heard the name KMAC sports is this area and wonder how the STSN got involved with them
Good luck to the Tigers

JUST A FAN
10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
i posted this on the wrong thread
this is a question for Sealy people
I have just returned from a surprise fishing trip to the Yukon, Thanks to the spouse for such a great gift. I have arranged to be at the Bellville vs. Sealy game, will it be sold out? Where should I eat before the game and are the broadcasters approachable? I would like to meet them.

gambler1606
10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
No offense 957tiger, I didn’t mean to imply that the STSN members only want to get into the games for free; it is just a benefit I see utilized by our various support staffs. It appears you know quite a bit about the STSN. I have listened to a few archived games as homework if you will and I believe it is a good crew although I prefer a 2 man crew over the 3 man Monday Night Football type crew which usually means everybody wants to talk and it clutters the air, IMO. You are correct about TJ Mills being a man you can love or hate and I may have been swayed by my friends in Sealy; who have been there for a long period of time and even have had children play for him, out of the 7 asked 6 hate and 1 love, not a good feel for the man, many concede he is very successful but very arrogant and rude, 3 of the 7 had boys that started for Mills during the championships and they don’t care much for him either, not to mention my friends in Odessa., we won’t go down that road.
I will listen to this week’s game as we play on another night, I will keep an open mind. I now understand the need for so many workers but I caution them that they may be intruding on the faithful fan that likes to sit where they set up. I would like to know how big the tent is because it sounds like a rather large tent in order to house such a large entourage .

I have heard the name KMAC sports is this area and wonder how the STSN got involved with them
Good luck to the Tigers

Just a Fan, most football Coaches that I know, have an ego. That doesn't make them bad people. I know some Bull Doze Operators you can say the same thing about. If your good at your job, most people have some sort of ego. I think you should come to the SEALY/BELLVILLE game and check out the Venue, and I think you will agree with what everyone says about this game. It's bragging rights for Austin County and the winner gets to claim that for a year until they meet again.