PDA

View Full Version : Worse Movie Endings ever

Phil C
09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
The authors below only listed current movies but I can think of a few that should have been considered and you probably have some too. Fortunately TCM and other stations show most of these older movies regularly.

One I would have included was Notorious with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine (who won the oscar) made in 1941 directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Originally Grant was to be the killer but Hitchcock changed it to where he was cleared in a totally ridiculous ending which ruined an otherwise great movie for me. Hitchcock took it upon himself to change the ending because he thought it would hurt Grants image as a good guy but I think it would have proven to show he was a great actor and may have been oscar worthy which is something that eluded him. Remember Humphrey Bogart won his oscar for an offbeat role. Another thing is that this movie was remade for tv years later but they still had this same ridiculous ending. What a wasted opportunity not once but twice.

American Graffiti made in 1973. At the end there is a narrative what happened to the four main stars. But this movie had several interesting supporting cast and one wonders what happened to them. They should have ended it without the narrative unless others were included. What a hugh mistake that was.

And Then There Were None made in 1945 from the great Agatha Christie book but the ending in the movie is not like the fantastic book's ending. The worse thing is there have been remakes but none of them use the book's ending but always the same movie ending. What a huge mistake this has been. Maybe someday they will make a move true to the book but so far no one has taken advantage and have had the sorry movie ending.

http://www.hollywood.com/feature/Top_10_Worst_Movie_Endings/5363053

Ranger Mom
09-28-2012, 01:12 PM
I read the list and I haven't seen a single movie on there...nor on the movies you stated.

Phil C
09-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Suspicion with Cary Grant will be on TCM on 11-23-12 at 3:15 P.M. It may not be a good time since it is right after Thanksgiving Day but you may want to set your recorders to watch it later.

And Then There Were None is available on youtube or at least it used to be so you can check to see when ready.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Almost every Final Destination movie!

BwdLion73
09-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I liked the ending to American Graffiti.....

Hendo
10-13-2012, 10:24 AM
The Grey

jdawg2012
10-13-2012, 03:36 PM
The Mist. Guy kills 5 people including his own son so that they won't have to suffer a horrible death then doesn't have any bullets for himself. Just as he does this the mist clears and everything is fine.

jdawg2012
10-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Almost every Final Destination movie!

:ditto:

ronwx5x
10-13-2012, 04:43 PM
No Country For Old Men didn't end, it just sort of stopped. Good movie otherwise.

Old Timer
10-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree with the post about The Mist. Stephen King is one strange duck!

RattlerNation60
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
The Happening... Any M. Night Shamylan movie for that matter.

Maroon87
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I agree with the post about The Mist. Stephen King is one strange duck!

The short story actually had a different ending that left it up in the air as to whether the last group survived or not. Not sure why it was changed for the movie...

SWMustang
11-30-2012, 06:30 PM
No Country For Old Men didn't end, it just sort of stopped. Good movie otherwise.

I didn't like it originally (the ending) but it grew on me. LOVED that movie.

piratebg
12-02-2012, 04:12 AM
The Mist. Guy kills 5 people including his own son so that they won't have to suffer a horrible death then doesn't have any bullets for himself. Just as he does this the mist clears and everything is fine.

I loved the ending to The Mist. It was Balls Out and applauded it.

piratebg
12-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Same for the ending to Cabin in the Woods if anyone gripes about that one too.

Farmersfan
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM

I was reading the list and wondering why The Mist wasn't part of it. then I read your post. I also felt the ending to that show was probably the worst ever. I don't agree that the ending should have happened like that but you have to admit it was well done and accomplished the effect they were looking for. Thomas Jane did a great job when he lost it after the Mist cleared only seconds after he killed his son to protect him from being eaten by giant insects. If I remember correctly the actual King version ended with the group standing at the edge of a huge chasm that they couldn't see accross that turned out to be a footprint. Or am I remembering wrong?

Hendo
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Scoop27
12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
2012 Dark Shadows movie