PDA

View Full Version : Merkel at 2-0

hsguru
09-09-2001, 09:43 AM
When was the last time this happened? they have a big quarter in every game and hold on for the win. That 7-7 stuff must have made them unbeatable. Their two wins so far have been over the juggernaut Dragons from Bangs, and the equally impressive Pied Pipers of Hamlin. Lets see how they handle Colorado City and the rest of their 2A schedule.

twork
09-09-2001, 11:23 AM
Colorado City has an athletic team this year like they always do. They'll provide a worthy test.

bigdawg
09-09-2001, 01:59 PM
Yea, they are playing good so far, but it's against 2a teams. Let them play some 4a teams like Wylie and Sweetwater do, then see what their record would be. Every one is getting all hyped up about how Merkel will be the suprise team this year when they are beating mediocre 2a teams. I'll let you decide.

hsguru
09-11-2001, 09:45 AM
Merkel will beat one 3a team this year, Clyde and even that is a maybe. Colorado City will whip em this week. I am in no way hyping merkel, i think they are a joke.

mark838
09-12-2001, 02:32 PM
I agree that Merkel has a weaker schedule than Wylie, but that was done by a coach that is no longer at Merkel, not by Coach Flowers. The Badgers are growing as a team and will give your Bulldogs a decent game. Anyone who overlooks them will wish they hadn't, and I guarantee Coach Sandifer isn't going to overlook them, just ask him. I have heard from a lot of Wylie people who think Merkel is the real deal this year.

hsguru
09-12-2001, 10:59 PM
I guarantee you that Merkel doesnt beat Colorado City this week. Any takers on that bet? If Merkel wins i will post nothing for 3 weeks. Deal?

MustangFan03
09-13-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by mark838:
I agree that Merkel has a weaker schedule than Wylie, but that was done by a coach that is no longer at Merkel, not by Coach Flowers. The Badgers are growing as a team and will give your Bulldogs a decent game. Anyone who overlooks them will wish they hadn't, and I guarantee Coach Sandifer isn't going to overlook them, just ask him. I have heard from a lot of Wylie people who think Merkel is the real deal this year.
I know that here in Swwetwater we have noticed what Merkel has done and what they have going for them.Keep it up!Making the District look stronger helps all of us.But the people in the District should realize that Wylie only cares about Wylie.They don't seem to be a team player and see the big picture.They try to put everyone else down to make themselves look better.Keep it up Merkel, you are doing a good job!!

FBFAN
09-13-2001, 05:43 PM
I agree with MustangFan03. I'm a Wylie fan, and am happy for what Merkel is doing this year. Even though it is against opponents that Sweetwater or Wylie probably would not play, look where they've been and what they are trying to establish. They are at least getting some enthusiasm back in their fball program, and yes it is good for our District! I'm also upset with so many of the Wylie "fans" who are making crazy comments re: our team vs. other teams, etc. No doubt that this comes from people who are NOT in the uniform on Friday nights! The boys who play against each other normally could care less about all of this stuff being said back and forth. They are only interested in what their coaches are preparing them for, and what their own teammates are working towards. I can gaurantee that!! Please Wylie fans, quit knocking the other teams, especially those in our district. Go get em Merkel!!

MustangFan03
09-13-2001, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by FBFAN:
I agree with MustangFan03. I'm a Wylie fan, and am happy for what Merkel is doing this year. Even though it is against opponents that Sweetwater or Wylie probably would not play, look where they've been and what they are trying to establish. They are at least getting some enthusiasm back in their fball program, and yes it is good for our District! I'm also upset with so many of the Wylie "fans" who are making crazy comments re: our team vs. other teams, etc. No doubt that this comes from people who are NOT in the uniform on Friday nights! The boys who play against each other normally could care less about all of this stuff being said back and forth. They are only interested in what their coaches are preparing them for, and what their own teammates are working towards. I can gaurantee that!! Please Wylie fans, quit knocking the other teams, especially those in our district. Go get em Merkel!!
Amen FBFan!! I'm glad to know that there is a Wylie fan that has some class. I respect what Wylie has done in the past and I have alot of respect for Hugh Sandifer. He is one of my favorite coaches-alot of CLASS!!If he knew the way some of his so called fans talked crap he would be ashamed.I was behind the Wylie team all through the playoffs. I even talked smack to the people from Lamesa and others telling them how good Wylie was. I was proud to say that they came from Dist. 5-3A.l But I don't think the fans should think that they are above and beyond the fact that they can't and will not be beat. We don't play these games on paper, we play them on the field. Sweetwater has a very good team and I do believe that I have seen good teams in the past in Sweetwater and this team compares to them. I am looking forward to seeing how we do against Breckenridge compared to what Wylie did.I understand that Wylie could have done alot of rotating on Defense, but still I would like to see the difference.Good luck to Wylie and I hope we are both undefeated when we meet.

whsfan
09-14-2001, 11:49 PM
Congrats to both Merkel and Sweetwater on the victories this week. Both teams are off to very good starts.

However, there is no reason to start bashing the Wylie fans. Personally, I'm proud of every team in 5-3A. But where else are you suppose to go to talk a little smack. We're going to have a lot of fun when it comes to district. Good luck to all of 5-3A.

Originally posted by MustangFan03:

Originally posted by FBFAN:
Amen FBFan!! I'm glad to know that there is a Wylie fan that has some class. I respect what Wylie has done in the past and I have alot of respect for Hugh Sandifer. He is one of my favorite coaches-alot of CLASS!!If he knew the way some of his so called fans talked crap he would be ashamed.I was behind the Wylie team all through the playoffs. I even talked smack to the people from Lamesa and others telling them how good Wylie was. I was proud to say that they came from Dist. 5-3A.l But I don't think the fans should think that they are above and beyond the fact that they can't and will not be beat. We don't play these games on paper, we play them on the field. Sweetwater has a very good team and I do believe that I have seen good teams in the past in Sweetwater and this team compares to them. I am looking forward to seeing how we do against Breckenridge compared to what Wylie did.I understand that Wylie could have done alot of rotating on Defense, but still I would like to see the difference.Good luck to Wylie and I hope we are both undefeated when we meet.

eye of the tiger
09-15-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by hsguru:
I guarantee you that Merkel doesnt beat Colorado City this week. Any takers on that bet? If Merkel wins i will post nothing for 3 weeks. Deal?

Merkel 26 Colorado City 13

MustangFan03
09-15-2001, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Merkel 26 Colorado City 13
No hsguru for 3 weeks,COOL!!!!