PDA

View Full Version : Carthage

hollywood
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
What's the word on them this season? Been kinda of quite this year.

Where's cowboyandchrist blabbing his gums about "East Texas Speed"?

Is Waco considered East Texas? La Vega had lots of it and couldn't hold a candle to Stephenville.

Matthew328
09-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Carthage much like Stephenville had a turnover fest in their season opener and lost in a close game to Jacksonville 34-30..Jacksonville showed they aren't a fluke since they also played Gilmer to a one point game...after that Carthage has blown 3 straight teams out...they'll get a big test this week against 4-0 4A Whitehouse

Matthew328
09-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Carthage doesn't have the top to bottom speed of LaVega, but they are WAY more physical

Phil C
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I saw the movie Bernie and it sure made the peopleo fo Carthage look silly.

hollywood
09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks Matthew. WAY more or more. La Vega was pretty darn physical. I saw Carthage vs Brownwood 2010 and was impressed. But wouldn't say they would handle Stephenville's physicality this year. If they are WAY more physical than the Carthage 2010 version, then yes. But if not, then no.

Yoe_09
09-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I like what Carthage has done the last few weeks. I am interested to see how the game with Whitehouse plays out tomorrow.

Waco is located in the heart of Central Texas.

cowboyandchrist
09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Matthew. WAY more or more. La Vega was pretty darn physical. I saw Carthage vs Brownwood 2010 and was impressed. But wouldn't say they would handle Stephenville's physicality this year. If they are WAY more physical than the Carthage 2010 version, then yes. But if not, then no.

Hope this will help you a little. The Dawgs front 4 D linemen have 47 tackles for loss, 16 sacks, and 6 force fumbles. They are getting much better. The secondary had problems in the first game. but are much improved. The line backers have the freedom to run to the ball because of the D line. Q/B has thrown for 600 yards and I belive 9 TDS with 3 int. Pipen has 547 yards and 6 TDS rushing. They are a well balanced team run 50% and pass 50%. O line will make you want to see birth certificates, they are giants. The game friday night against White House will tell a great deal about the Dawgs. White house 4A undefeated with an outstanding Q/B. He has thrown for 1100 yards and 12 TDS with 1 int. I have not been crowing so much this year because there are several teams that are just flat out good, the rattlers, SVille, La Marc, and the list goes on. I just don't know if East Texas has the horses to roll this year. I still have faith in my Dawgs, but it will be tuff.

orange machine
09-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Carthage have any hi-lite videos from this year?

ctown81
09-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Hope this will help you a little. The Dawgs front 4 D linemen have 47 tackles for loss, 16 sacks, and 6 force fumbles. They are getting much better. The secondary had problems in the first game. but are much improved. The line backers have the freedom to run to the ball because of the D line. Q/B has thrown for 600 yards and I belive 9 TDS with 3 int. Pipen has 547 yards and 6 TDS rushing. They are a well balanced team run 50% and pass 50%. O line will make you want to see birth certificates, they are giants. The game friday night against White House will tell a great deal about the Dawgs. White house 4A undefeated with an outstanding Q/B. He has thrown for 1100 yards and 12 TDS with 1 int. I have not been crowing so much this year because there are several teams that are just flat out good, the rattlers, SVille, La Marc, and the list goes on. I just don't know if East Texas has the horses to roll this year. I still have faith in my Dawgs, but it will be tuff.

This is what Cowboy REALLY said. You can thank me later Cowboy.

Carthage struggled the first week but has looked rather impressive and have improved quite a bit from that week 0 loss, but the truth is, we haven't had a true test so I have no idea on how good we really are. We have shown signs of greatness but I'm not quite sure about the dawgs yet. Therefore, I haven't been able to talk trash but if they beat whitehouse by 2 or more TD's, I'm making travel arrangements for Cowboys Stadium.

Lol. Had to have fun with this.

vtskneb
09-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey if the trash talk is not fun what is the point of it all? Glad to hear the dawgs are getting it rolling.

bigwood33
09-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Is Waco considered East Texas? La Vega had lots of it and couldn't hold a candle to Stephenville.
That's not exactly true. LV outgained the Jackets but forgot to hold on to the football. I'm not saying the Jackets should have lost but that was a 1 score game with a little over 6 minutes to play. That was a pretty evenly played game, about the same number of yards, about the same number of snaps. Turnovers were the difference.

Ville-D
09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
That's not exactly true. LV outgained the Jackets but forgot to hold on to the football. I'm not saying the Jackets should have lost but that was a 1 score game with a little over 6 minutes to play. That was a pretty evenly played game, about the same number of yards, about the same number of snaps. Turnovers were the difference.

Take-aways were the difference. They didn't just cough up the ball. It was taken from them. If not for a bad 3rd quarter it would have been total domination.

garciap77
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/hmm.gif

oldtownag
09-27-2012, 09:22 PM
This is what Cowboy REALLY said. You can thank me later Cowboy.

Carthage struggled the first week but has looked rather impressive and have improved quite a bit from that week 0 loss, but the truth is, we haven't had a true test so I have no idea on how good we really are. We have shown signs of greatness but I'm not quite sure about the dawgs yet. Therefore, I haven't been able to talk trash but if they beat whitehouse by 2 or more TD's, I'm making travel arrangements for Cowboys Stadium.

Lol. Had to have fun with this.

What he said!

oldtownag
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
What he said!

P.S. CowboyandChrist does not represent Carthage on 3ADL! I do!

vtskneb
09-27-2012, 09:51 PM

If you consider hidden yardage, it was even. Punt blocked changed field position by 40+ yards, fumble recovery for 40+ yards. Stephenville did not have to go as far. I think there were some errors on the side of Stephenville as well that kept the game close. Maybe it is how you look at the information? I am not saying that LV was not a talented team.

toddg
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM

i like CaC! he gets excited for his team..and rightfully so..i wish Alvarado could play them this year..would be one heck of a game!!

hollywood
09-27-2012, 11:04 PM
I didn't buy in to the Carthage hype until I saw them in 2010. Only team I saw that could shut Brownwood's offense down.

Now let's go to 2012. Brownwood will not be in the picture. There will be others that will be. Stephenville will likely be the team to beat in Div 1. If Carthage peaks at the right time, which I think they will, the setting should be set for a Carthage/Stephenville final. Wishful thinking, maybe. But I know Carthage has a class program and recent success due to a great coaching staff supported by a sold community.

MGAR
09-27-2012, 11:09 PM

lol sad part is some real Carthage people were used in that movie. Pretty much all the weird ones.

buckeyebob
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM

So full of it I might add. Y'all are just luckey we are letting you alone for awhile.

ctown81
09-28-2012, 09:19 AM

Ummm....those were actually people from Carthage. Hollywood didn't take too many liberties at all with the movie.

hollywood
09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Ummm....those were actually people from Carthage. Hollywood didn't take too many liberties at all with the movie.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willas?!

Carthage is East Texas... home of the toothless Bigfoot aka "The Beast from the East".

oldtownag
09-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Carthage is just like any other town. We got your normal, abnormal and sub-normal!

P.S. No Bernie "actors" actually play for the bulldogs!

hollywood
09-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't know, I heard there's a few abnormal players on the O-line out there this season. ;)

coach
09-28-2012, 12:04 PM
What's the word on them this season? Been kinda of quite this year.

Where's cowboyandchrist blabbing his gums about "East Texas Speed"?

NO! Waco is def. central Texas.

hollywood
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM

Technically and geographically, no.
The center of Texas is approx 20 miles South of Brownwood.
Waco is 120 miles East of Brownwood.

I'd say that was East Texas... not as deep woods East Texas as Fairfield or Carthage, but East Texas none the less. Waco is more East Texas culture than Central or West Texas. That's a fact jack.

hollywood
09-28-2012, 01:23 PM

I'd say that was East Texas... not as deep woods East Texas as Fairfield or Carthage, but East Texas none the less. Waco is more East Texas culture than Central or West Texas. That's a fact jack.

vtskneb
09-28-2012, 01:25 PM

You can say that again. :)

hollywood
09-28-2012, 01:39 PM
You can say that again. :)

:vrycnfsd:

Technically, I had a technical difficulty with the technical stuff. :foul:

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Carthage 0 White House 14 1st quarter. White House throwing and running at will on my Dawgs. White House D stopping everything we try.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 08:35 PM
14 to 8 White House, end of 1st half.

14 to 8 White House, end of 1st half.

Whats up with Carthage? District of what?

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Whats up with Carthage? District of what?

White House is 4A and undefeated. They have a junior Q/B that has thROWN for almost 1200 yards and 12 TDS in four games. He is the son of Major League pitcher Pat McHomes. He is eating the Carthage D up. The front four for Carthage is knocking him down nearly every play, but he still makes the throw on the money. Carthage Q/B has over thrown many many passes, 4 of them could of been TDS. If Carthage D does not make some adjustments at half time, we are in trouble.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
White house kicks field goal makes it 17 to 8. White kicks off, the Carhtage player catches the ball on the one but bobbles it in too the end zone. The ref calls it a safety. score 19 to 8. Carthage kicks off and four plays later White house kicks field goal. score 22 to 8 White House.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 09:39 PM
22 to 15, Carthage one play 80 yard pass for TD in the 3RD

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
29 to 15 , the Q/B for White house has thrown for close to 400 yards through 3 quarters. 8:33 left in the fourth.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 10:05 PM
29 to 21 White House in the fourth. 5 min. left.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 10:32 PM
White House punting, this will be our last chance to tie the ball game with 3:23 left to play. The White Q/B has thrown the ball 50 times in the game so far. The Carthage Q/B has thrown for 290 yards and if just five of the over thrown passes had been on target the score would be a lot different. The Dawgs will be a team from the East that will be hard to beat come playoff time. They are doing the same thing they have done the last five years. They are moving players in and out at different positions. The coach is an amazing coach, he just keeps working on his plan no matter what the score is. He will have the Dawgs rolling come district play and on fire come playoff time. Back to the game, Carthage has the ball inside the five yard line with 1st and goal. TD Carthage, 29 to 27 White House with 33 seconds left. Undefeated 4A White house defeats my Dawgs by 2 points. This was a great game, White House should do well in their district. They do not run the ball very well and may have a hard time in the 4A playoffs. Carthage runs and throws the ball well and will get a lot better. The D played great aganist a passing team and that is where we were weak at the start of the year.

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Total yards for the game. Carthage 411 yards and White House 447. The difference in the game came down to a bobbled kickoff by the Dawgs which ended in a safety. Great game.

ctown81
09-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Total yards for the game. Carthage 411 yards and White House 447. The difference in the game came down to a bobbled kickoff by the Dawgs which ended in a safety. Great game.

Cowboy, what is your assessment of the Dawgs after last night. I'm feeling pretty confident myself right about now.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Whitehouse is not a known school but that passing game and offense the last couple of years is as good as anyone in the State.,..for Carthage to be playing for the tie at the end shows me the Bulldogs are starting to find their form

buckeyebob
09-29-2012, 07:58 AM

:tisk::tisk:
That would be all of East Texas, not just Carthrage.
Shame...Shame

ctown81
09-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Whitehouse is not a known school but that passing game and offense the last couple of years is as good as anyone in the State.,..for Carthage to be playing for the tie at the end shows me the Bulldogs are starting to find their form

That safety killed us. I'm curious to see if whitehouse can last 3 rounds in the playoffs.

WOS1
09-29-2012, 10:47 AM
If you consider hidden yardage, it was even.

LMBO... "Hidden yardage" that's awesome!

vtskneb
09-29-2012, 10:55 AM
LMBO... "Hidden yardage" that's awesome!

Can you clarify what you are laughing at? They do not measure the difference in field position change based on the current data accumulation in football. It is a very common term used by coaches when certain plays that effect the outcome of a game are not measured in a box score. By the way Stephenville won by 3 touchdowns.

WOS1
09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I've never heard a coach refer to "hidden yardage"...lol Only field position...

And I don't care who won, I just thought the reference was funny.

cowboyandchrist
09-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Cowboy, what is your assessment of the Dawgs after last night. I'm feeling pretty confident myself right about now.

The Dawgs are now finding out who they are. They needed to seperate them selves from the Dawgs of the past. The Carthage D was the best part of the game. The Dawgs will not face another team anywhere in the state that will throw the ball fifty times on them like White House did. The front four hit Mahomes so many times last night that it caused him to throw 2 INT'S and 3 more that hit the Dawg players right in their hands but dropped. The D has always been good against the run this year, but needed to get a lot better against the passing game and last night they were amazing. White House did not beat us as much as we helped them. We had three wide open receivers for touch downs that were over thrown and two more wide open players for big gains over thrown. Now I will give credit to the White house D because they put a ton of pressure on Bogie and made him throw off balance which may be the reason he over threw the receivers. Bottom line, the Dawgs are much better at this stage of the season than they were last year. Just like they have done for the last five years. Next week they will be better, the week after they will be better than the week before and so on and so on. When the playoffs get here baring injuries and grades, I feel they will give any team they play from the rattlers to the Ville all they want.

cowboyandchrist
09-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Sorry, I almost double posted.

vtskneb
09-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I've never heard a coach refer to "hidden yardage"...lol Only field position...

And I don't care who won, I just thought the reference was funny.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-New-York-Giants-Baltimore-Ravens-New-England-Patriots-Brian-Billick-divisional-playoffs-review-011612

https://www.coacheschoice.com/p-2496-special-teams-winning-the-hidden-yardage.aspx

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=421752

http://www.reporterherald.com/sports/preps/ci_21421607/colorado-state-has-special-point-interest

You can probably google better than I can but here is what I found by googling the term.

Matthew328
09-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Hidden yardage is one of Bill Parcells favorite terms

slingshot
09-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Have never seen so many ways to positively spin a loss...

ctown81
09-29-2012, 02:08 PM

You have to look at it from our point of view. This is the first time we have been tested all year and we are just pleased with what we saw. We will not face a team in the playoffs with a passing game such as Whitehouse. In Carthage the preseason is just that, the preseason. A lost is an opportunity to strengthen our weaknesses before the real season starts and it has translated into 3 state titles.

cowboyandchrist
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM

Was not trying to spin a loss, but if you know anything at all about the Dawgs, you know that winning non district games means nothing to coach Surrat. He uses the non district games to put the pieces of the pussel in place. Once district gets here he will have a well oiled machine. When the playoffs arrive the Dawgs are one of the best coached teams in the state. This will be the 6th year for coach Surrat in Carhtage, go back and check his record. He has 4 state championships in seven years. One with Texas High and three with the Dawgs. Last year takes the team that played for a state championship to two over times with 9 starting sophmores.

cowboyandchrist
09-29-2012, 02:26 PM
i like CaC! he gets excited for his team..and rightfully so..i wish Alvarado could play them this year..would be one heck of a game!!

I would not want to play the Indians unless is was for all the marbles. I watched you guys play Chapel Hill. You were the real deal and your D hit like a mack truck.

hollywood
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I would not want to play the Indians unless is was for all the marbles. I watched you guys play Chapel Hill. You were the real deal and your D hit like a mack truck.

That was last year. Different Alvarado team this year. Carthage would have their way, most likely.

:wave: