PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Columbus

The Bull #40
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Well, I know that it's still early but this first district game could be a deciding factor in who gets into the playoffs IMO. I believe the Brahmas can play with any team on their schedule when they're playing their game, but a source tells me Columbus is getting better and better at utilizing their "lethal" passing attack. I don't know much about their defense other than they gave up more points to Giddings than Bellville did(although it was wet when Bellville played Giddings). I'm excited to see how the Brahmas start district off in The Pasture of Pain. I'm thinking our backfield lights up the scoreboard on the Cards. Bellville wins 42-28.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Columbus can strike quick. If the QB and receivers are on the same page, watch out.

OLE'BULL
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Not happy I am going to miss this one. After the 2nd half performance vs. Sweeny, I am hopeful our staff has addressed the importance of finishing a game. We need to get stronger as the game goes on, not the opposite. It happened vs. Giddings as well. We looked so good in the first half versus Giddings/Sweeny, then fell off the wagon. Hopefully all of the kinks are worked out b/c if they are not, Columbus will take full advantage. ALMOST every team in our district is playing tough football and right now it is anyones game. Lets make a statement to the district that we are a competitor. Brahmas by a couple!

zebrablue2
09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Coach Sine will have his kids ready to play! Bellville better be ready, cause that Columbus QB can sling the rock...

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
A little surprised with Columbus scoring 40 on Giddings last week, I know I said that game will be closer then what most people thought but was really just trying to build Columbus up. Bellville should win this game by 3 or 4 Td's on paper however no game is won on paper, I was not very impressed with Columbus when we played them a couple weeks ago. They do throw it a lot however we pressured the QB and he could not handle it, so if Bellville put's the kind of pressure him that we did , then Bellville win easily and if not close game. Also interesting that when we beat Columbus people were saying they are not a very good team and now after the Giddings game some are saying they are hard to beat, so do people think Columbus got that much better after we played them.

Red Bull
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I think Bellville wins this game in a close one. Bellville will run the ball and control the clock and game tempo. Bellville's D is good enough to bend, but not break. I say Bellville 42 Columbus 35.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I think Bellville wins this game in a close one. Bellville will run the ball and control the clock and game tempo. Bellville's D is good enough to bend, but not break. I say Bellville 42 Columbus 35.

Wow, you plan on giving up that many points. Is there a problem with Bellville's secondary, plus with your team being a running team there is no way Columbus should score that much.

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 12:55 PM
A little surprised with Columbus scoring 40 on Giddings last week, I know I said that game will be closer then what most people thought but was really just trying to build Columbus up. Bellville should win this game by 3 or 4 Td's on paper however no game is won on paper, I was not very impressed with Columbus when we played them a couple weeks ago. They do throw it a lot however we pressured the QB and he could not handle it, so if Bellville put's the kind of pressure him that we did , then Bellville win easily and if not close game. Also interesting that when we beat Columbus people were saying they are not a very good team and now after the Giddings game some are saying they are hard to beat, so do people think Columbus got that much better after we played them.

Not sure what Columbus QB stats were against LG, but if he got the ball anywhere close, his receivers were catching it in our game. I lost count of all the crazy completions. Many were highlight reel worthy.

It was like opposite from playing LH, they passed, passed, and passed some more. Very few run attempts.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Not sure what Columbus QB stats were against LG, but if he got the ball anywhere close, his receivers were catching it in our game. I lost count of all the crazy completions. Many were highlight reel worthy.

It was like opposite from playing LH, they passed, passed, and passed some more. Very few run attempts.

Columbus scored one Td after we muffed a punt, 15 yard pass play. The stats were very dominate our way, after facing Marble Falls the week before with their QB throwing darts we made adjustment's in personal on defense. Also we laid the wood to their receviers even if they missed the ball, their QB threw a number of balls into the stands just to get rid of it.

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Columbus scored one Td after we muffed a punt, 15 yard pass play. The stats were very dominate our way, after facing Marble Falls the week before with their QB throwing darts we made adjustment's in personal on defense. Also we laid the wood to their receviers even if they missed the ball, their QB threw a number of balls into the stands just to get rid of it.

When I say miracle catches, I mean no double coverage, 30 yards plus in the air, receiver beating our fast defender on double move type stuff. And then they'd lay out and catch it. I swear I saw 1 pass that went AT LEAST 50 yards in the air. And it was caught. :/ It was like a magical night for them. They couldn't miss hooking up.

1 thing tho',,, 2 of our 1st string LB's were in street clothes from injuries.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Columbus will not be able to stop Bellville, I don't think the cards have a very defensive team. They have a talented spread offense when they are clicking. We didn't put much heat on the qb, however he was just on with his passes that night and his receivers were making very good catches. Our guys could be in their pocket, right on their back and they would make catch and hang on through contact. Game against the buffs might be the best offensive game they have this year, but they do have potential to score a lot of points. The reason that Bellville wins this game is same reason LG and Giddings scored so many points with ease, Columbus doesn't have much on defense. Other than #41 at DE, they don't have much on that side of the ball.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Columbus will not be able to stop Bellville, I don't think the cards have a very defensive team. They have a talented spread offense when they are clicking. We didn't put much heat on the qb, however he was just on with his passes that night and his receivers were making very good catches. Our guys could be in their pocket, right on their back and they would make catch and hang on through contact. Game against the buffs might be the best offensive game they have this year, but they do have potential to score a lot of points. The reason that Bellville wins this game is same reason LG and Giddings scored so many points with ease, Columbus doesn't have much on defense. Other than #41 at DE, they don't have much on that side of the ball.

Columbus scored one Td's against us on a very short field, just did not think their offense was very good. One of our coaches told me before the game that he could not see them being very successful on offense because they try to do to many different things on offense, find a few plays that are successful and keep running them. Maybe that is what they decided to do against Giddings, just nothing against us.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Columbus scored one Td's against us on a very short field, just did not think their offense was very good. One of our coaches told me before the game that he could not see them being very successful on offense because they try to do to many different things on offense, find a few plays that are successful and keep running them. Maybe that is what they decided to do against Giddings, just nothing against us.

Like I said, maybe the best offensive game they will play all year was against us. But they were on. We have a lot of speed across our secondary, and we were generally in almost always in good position, atleast with the secondary on the outside receivers. We may have blown some inside over the middle coverages a couple of times, but that may have had something to do with our inside backers not being the starters. But they were able to move the ball on us obviously, and I have to say their receivers fought for the ball, and made great catches.

Wimberley did not have much luck and they tried to pass on us a fair amount, and when bellville had to, they couldn't either. LH, well we all know, they hardly tried, and it wasn't worth their effort when they did. Maybe our guys know they need to work on making a play at the ball, or maybe Columbus played that much over their head, but after watching them and comparing them to LH, Wimberley, and Bellville; they SHOULD be able to put up some points against some teams in their district, they just don't have much defense.

Scoop27
09-25-2012, 04:45 PM
will be broadcast on www.kulmradio.com

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Padilla poll has Beville by 7 points, you guys should cover that spread X 3 or 4.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Bellville 35
Columbus 21

Red Bull
09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Wow, you plan on giving up that many points. Is there a problem with Bellville's secondary, plus with your team being a running team there is no way Columbus should score that much.

I saw Bellville / Giddings game and read what Cards did offensively vs Giddings. After reading all this here I change my prediction to Bellville 42 - Columbus 21. Better?

Pudlugger
09-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Time for me to opine on this game. Columbus seems to have picked it up several notches since we played them in game 2. Now Bellville is searching for a convincing win and solid performance from their offense. The Bellville defense will keep it close while the Bulls' O takes charge in the 3rd quarter for a 14 point win.

Bellville 35
Columbus 21

1st and goal
09-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Ok, I finally dug up the Columbus QB stats from the Giddings/Columbus game. It was a Columbus' record breaking night as QB D. Sine (#1) completed 24 for 40, 399 yds and 5 TD's.

So, brahmas, be prepared for an air raid.

1st and goal
09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Not certain about Columbus' QB's name. Got the above off of maxpreps.

OK, I see now that Tyson Simcik was the QB.

Manso/V8
09-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Bellville 55
Columbus 6
Final

Bellville's running game clicked pretty well.
The passing game still needs improvement.
I'm not sure, but I don't think we punted once the whole game.

Columbus passed a lot, but didn't complete a lot.
They also tried a lot of trickeration, mostly unsuccessful.........they did catch Bellville on a fake punt early in the game.
The Bellville defense got presswure on the QB, and covereed pretty well in the secondary.
We still need to tackle better, bur overall the defense played well
Columbus's lone score came on a 95 yd KO return, and then failed on a 2 pt attempt.

The big key is that the Brahmas played strong in the 2nd half for the first time this season.

Next week at El Campo will be a real test.

Ville-D
09-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow Columbus gives up over 100 pts in 2 weeks.

Manso/V8
09-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Wow Columbus gives up over 100 pts in 2 weeks.

Their defense is not that good, they pass about 80 percent of the time with a lot of incompletions, so not much time runs off the clock when they do have the ball.

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Time for me to opine on this game. Columbus seems to have picked it up several notches since we played them in game 2. Now Bellville is searching for a convincing win and solid performance from their offense. The Bellville defense will keep it close while the Bulls' O takes charge in the 3rd quarter for a 14 point win.

Bellville 35
Columbus 21

Looks like the Bulls' defense played lights out and they fired up their offense in time for district. Congratulations on a good win.

Brahma84
09-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Bellville had 522 total yards offense. Their three main running backs each went over 100 yds. Allen 114 yds (1 TD), Parker 130 yds (4 TDS) and Nunn 122 yds (2TDS). Thompson also had 88 yds (1 TD) receiving.

zebrablue2
09-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Thought Columbus would put up more of a fight in this one. Congrats to the Bulls!!!

hookandladder
09-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Thought Columbus would put up more of a fight in this one. Congrats to the Bulls!!!

This is what I expected Giddings to do to them also, guess Columbus just was on against them. Pressure on QB is the difference against Columbus, be strong up front.

Bull's-eye
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Great game for the Brahmas! Bellville came into this game wanting to control the line of scrimmage, be more successful throwing the ball & play 4 full quarters of football. I got to give credit to the coaching staff, they were successful in all these areas of the game. When Bellville establishes their running game, they are a very tough team to beat. Bellville did add a few new wrinkles to their offense, that should help them when they come up against a very good run defense. My favorite play of the game was the 61 yard TD pass to #2. It was just a quick short pass toward the sideline, that allowed a very dangerous runner to be one on one with a single defender. A great move by the receiver and he was off to the races. Also, it appears that #7 is back 100% & is now showing his blazing speed. In their 2 losses, Bellville lacked the speed to get outside on their opponents. Bellville's QB seems to be running much better & the coaches are now calling a few more running plays for him. With his size, Bellville has been very successful on short yardage plays running the QB sneak. I would love to see a few QB draws out of a spread formation. Once again, lots of credit to the coaching staff!

Red Bull
10-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Wow! Did I have Columbus overrated. Bellville made them look really, really bad. I just don't understand how they did offensively what they did against Giddings.

Great four quarter, complete win for Bellville.