PDA

View Full Version : Wilmer Hutchins(3-1) at Argyle(3-1)

regaleagle
09-25-2012, 01:54 AM
To me, this looks like a trap game for Argyle. Both teams are 3-1, and Hutchins can put up the points. They've done it in every game this season. What they have is a balanced attack with some athletic key players in place....all seniors. They average 420 yds/game...not counting defensive interceptions and return yardage. So far, they are passing for 197 yds. and rushing for 224 yds. per game. Those are impressive numbers....I don't care who you play. They started out beating Dallas Conrad(4A) 35-7, then Kaufman 24-7, Lost to Kennedale 52-66, and last week beat Carrollton Turner(4A) 34-21. I'd say that's a pretty good record, and cause for concern for the Argyle Eagles. Their qb Halter is a good passer and leader. He will run with it, too. They have a rb named Cummings avg, 142 yds/game and a very athletic player named Hicks that averages about 100 yds/game recieving as well as being their star return man. I think he also plays d-back. These stats bear out "trap game". This is not a 26 point underdogger if you ask me. Argyle may have some trouble with this team and their athletic style of play.:ack!: I look for a very close game. The Padilla Poll has Argyle winning by 26 pts. this week.....I wish it were that easy.

toddg
09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
im willing to bet the Argyle coaches are pretty smart and defense wise, will put their players in position to keep the ball in front of them forcing WH offense to be patient and execute long drives, which they are probably incapable of doing with out making mistakes or turning the ball over..Argyle by 2 tds

regaleagle
09-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that this week is Homecoming in Argyle, which can be a distraction. Just another reason this may be a "trap game" for the team. I hope the coaches got their attention this week in practices. This is a young team, and that can sometimes be tough when dealing with teenage boyz. Not too many senior leaders here.

gatordaze
09-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Unless something has changed since we scrimmaged them, they are not good. I am pretty sure Celina held them to negative yards and scored a bunch including a couple of defensive scores.

Matthew328
09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Argyle names their score

icu812
09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Interesting game, the only team I've seen that WH has played is Kaufman who is an average 3A team. The fact that they didn't score more than 24 on Kaufman's D tells me they ain't all that offensively (Van put up 34 on Kaufman taking a knee at the 1 with under 2 min. to play and we didn't play all that well offensively). WH must be pretty decent stopping the run though because that is all that Kaufman can do and they held them to 7. Going with Argyle by 3 td's in this one.

firstdown
09-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Interesting game, the only team I've seen that WH has played is Kaufman who is an average 3A team. The fact that they didn't score more than 24 on Kaufman's D tells me they ain't all that offensively (Van put up 34 on Kaufman taking a knee at the 1 with under 2 min. to play and we didn't play all that well offensively). WH must be pretty decent stopping the run though because that is all that Kaufman can do and they held them to 7. Going with Argyle by 3 td's in this one.

Good against the run? Kennedale hung 66 on them, and all they do is run the ball. Two's play the second half, and the one's are getting cleaned up for the dance.

OldNavy
09-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Argyle won 42 to 6. Pretty close game!

regaleagle
09-29-2012, 08:35 AM
I reckon Mr. Padilla knew what he was talking about in this one. From the record and stats, just thought Hutch would bring more to the table. We'll get a better game next week with Dallas Madison, I'm sure. Actually, next week is Argyle's bye week, I believe....we go to Madison the week after next. :thumbsup:

firstdown
09-29-2012, 10:56 AM
After watching the game last night I wonder how Wilmer Hutchins scored on Kennedale.

garageoffice
09-29-2012, 05:38 PM
WH scored almost all of their points in the second half against Kennedale's 2nd and 3rd string. The only time any 1st stringers saw the field was on punts.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 06:19 PM
I reckon Mr. Padilla knew what he was talking about in this one. From the record and stats, just thought Hutch would bring more to the table. We'll get a better game next week with Dallas Madison, I'm sure. Actually, next week is Argyle's bye week, I believe....we go to Madison the week after next. :thumbsup:

Nice one RE. Keep it rolling.

firstdown
09-30-2012, 05:02 PM
WH scored almost all of their points in the second half against Kennedale's 2nd and 3rd string. The only time any 1st stringers saw the field was on punts.

Thanks, that makes sense.