PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 4 GotW: Wimberley(2-2) Vs. Liberty Hill(3-1)

HEMOTOXIC
09-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Liberty Hill appears to be back playing Panther Ball. LH wins.

Tejastrue
09-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Leave the shots/smack talk for the thread not the poll voting selection. It's just a little too much.

LHPfactory
09-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Leave the shots/smack talk for the thread not the poll voting selection. It's just a little too much.

You sound stressed out......wonder why...... :confused:

Gone Fishing
09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Agree Tejas. Really Mom, your going to put that on the voting pole selection. I boycott , I'm not voting!.. And Factory, we got two SC just like you, no stressing for the WT' fans, just watching them get better, makes some changes/ adjustments, and get over some injuries each week. We will be ready.

garciap77
09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
As my friend Super_R says...

Come on with the come on!

Oh yeah....

PANTHERS RULE!!!!! WIMPS DROOL!!!!! :taunt:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-205.gifPurple Rules!!!!!!!!!! Sorry wimpy!!!http://smileydatabase.com/s/26.png

wimbo_pro
09-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I think I understand where LHPM is coming from with the friendly-yet-prickly comment in the poll title...I take it more towards my name than anything else! LOL. But thats ok...if it was just a poll. But I got a feeling the good feelings and semi-respect we have for each other will quickly disappear once the rivalry heats back up, which it appears it is this year, and the next couple as well. So, I see this as possibly turning bad.

We all know how badly the LH people whine...so....prepare yourselves! (BAM!!! Shot #1).

Tejastrue
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
You sound stressed out......wonder why...... :confused:

Stressed..lol. I would imagine ya'll are feeling all world right now. You guys are primed for a loss.

warhorsejoe
09-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Liberty Hill by as much as they want.

Bassact
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Stressed..lol. I would imagine ya'll are feeling all world right now. You guys are primed for a loss.

After the defensive performamce last night LH is feeling a lot of things.. all world is not one of them.. Yes the offense is looking very good.. defense and special teams has plenty of work to do..

Bosqueville
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Got to go with LH. Scary good offense at this point.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2012, 07:12 PM
It appears that LH is rocking on offense, and Wimberley is rocking on defense. Result??? Who knows...honestly...

Bosqueville
09-22-2012, 08:39 PM
It appears that LH is rocking on offense, and Wimberley is rocking on defense. Result??? Who knows...honestly...

Wimbo, you know!

lbjacj
09-22-2012, 08:53 PM
As my friend Super_R says...

Come on with the come on!

Oh yeah....

PANTHERS RULE!!!!! WIMPS DROOL!!!!! :taunt:

Come on Mom! I know you know how to spell our name correctly!:tisk:

ogg
09-23-2012, 01:01 AM

You are correct. This game will come down to (decided by) passing, pass defense, turnovers, special teams.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Come on Mom! I know you know how to spell our name correctly!:tisk:
I guess I should've said "Wimpy drools" instead?

Good gosh, there's some sensitivity going on. :(

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2012, 07:41 AM
:thinking: Tropic Mama, is that you?

wimbo_pro
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Wimbo, you know!

You're right, Bosqueville...I do know. But I dont want to offend anyone so early in the week.

LHPfactory
09-23-2012, 03:10 PM

No, not at all, and as far as when LH and Wimberley play, anything could happen..... Remember 2009, LH missed the playoffs but beat Wimberley who wound up distirct champs..... Anything can happen...... Wimbeley and Burnet are 2 games that LH does not go into feeling all world.... And we also know that Wimberley is a good football team, yall are 2-2 the hard way.... this firday will not be taken for granted.....

Cant wait till firday....

LHPfactory
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
You're right, Bosqueville...I do know. But I dont want to offend anyone so early in the week.

Hey Wimbo, I have to make the trip to Wimberley on Thursday night to watch my 8th grader play. How is the Wimberley 8th A team looking this year?

It will be the first meeting for these two groups....

TX-Dot needs to build a bridge/cause way across the lake, it would cut travel time from LH to Wimberley in half....:)

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
As far as our injuries..I saw Terreo suited up on the sidlelines. Don't think he played much if any. Nevertheless, that's good news. Will Doherty be back come Friday?

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 03:56 PM
No, not at all, and as far as when LH and Wimberley play, anything could happen..... Remember 2009, LH missed the playoffs but beat Wimberley who wound up distirct champs..... Anything can happen...... Wimbeley and Burnet are 2 games that LH does not go into feeling all world.... And we also know that Wimberley is a good football team, yall are 2-2 the hard way.... this firday will not be taken for granted.....

Cant wait till firday....

Same thing here. We respect you guys. You do remember how that 2009 game ended? :D

wimbo_pro
09-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey Wimbo, I have to make the trip to Wimberley on Thursday night to watch my 8th grader play. How is the Wimberley 8th A team looking this year?

TX-Dot needs to build a bridge/cause way across the lake, it would cut travel time from LH to Wimberley in half....:)

I am told that the next "waves" of talent we have coming through are the sophmores and the 8th graders. But I know little about them, just that they are good.

rb585
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
I am told that the next "waves" of talent we have coming through are the sophmores and the 8th graders. But I know little about them, just that they are good.

8th graders are pretty good. 9th graders are very slow and unathletic, but they make up for that by also being small.

The 9th grade girls somehow got all the athletic ability. 2015 volleyball season should be fun.

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
As far as our injuries..I saw Terreo suited up on the sidlelines. Don't think he played much if any. Nevertheless, that's good news. Will Doherty be back come Friday?

Terreo got cleared on Friday morning so I'm sure they (coaches) said no and he didnt get in. I think he will play as much as his out of shape body can this week. Not sure about Doherty playing or not this week, but the new move up soph is pretty big and strong that played in his place and did a very good job. Blackburn is his last name.

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 07:45 PM

the 8th grade has some talent but not across the board. They are good though, but will have a hard time with the slot-T.IMO

LHPfactory
09-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Good, sounds like both have some good kids coming up, I will be fun to watch the young Panthers and Texans go at it and fire up the rivalry.

rb585
09-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Terreo got cleared on Friday morning so I'm sure they (coaches) said no and he didnt get in. I think he will play as much as his out of shape body can this week. Not sure about Doherty playing or not this week, but the new move up soph is pretty big and strong that played in his place and did a very good job. Blackburn is his last name.

I noticed they benched #72 and gave Blackburn a lot of playing time. I thought he did great for his first game.

rb585
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Would also be awesome if spelling were correct, but I guess that's too much to ask from LH.

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Good, sounds like both have some good kids coming up, I will be fun to watch the young Panthers and Texans go at it and fire up the rivalry.

Yes I'll be there to watch, Our JV may have their hands full too.

panfan
09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Would also be awesome if spelling were correct, but I guess that's too much to ask from LH.

Let the smack fly, poll thread or not and properly spelled or not!!! I guess next we'll be asked to go to sensitivity training and a spellin' class. Panthers will roll the Texans this week. Defensive miscues last week against Rockdale were multifold. Two starters out, one of those in secondary. Installed a new defensive scheme and used it first half. Second half, made adjustments, and tightened the noose. Not much scoring by Rockdale in second half. Offense is firing on all cylinders. Every team we have played has had big ol' linemen and linebackers and our small scrappy line has simply wore their butts out. We are coming for you Texans. :stirpot:

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Let the smack fly, poll thread or not and properly spelled or not!!! I guess next we'll be asked to go to sensitivity training and a spellin' class. Panthers will roll the Texans this week. Defensive miscues last week against Rockdale were multifold. Two starters out, one of those in secondary. Installed a new defensive scheme and used it first half. Second half, made adjustments, and tightened the noose. Not much scoring by Rockdale in second half. Offense is firing on all cylinders. Every team we have played has had big ol' linemen and linebackers and our small scrappy line has simply wore their butts out. We are coming for you Texans. :stirpot:

Well get ready for our small scrappy linemen and OLB's to go right after your small scrappy linemen. And remember Wimberley was one of the few teams in yalls hay day years that could always hang with that offense yall run. Our coach Smith will have them prepared for it , he knows it inside and out. Can't imagine watching that offense all year long , bet your concession stand does well....LOL

panfan
09-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Well get ready for our small scrappy linemen and OLB's to go right after your small scrappy linemen. And remember Wimberley was one of the few teams in yalls hay day years that could always hang with that offense yall run. Our coach Smith will have them prepared for it , he knows it inside and out. Can't imagine watching that offense all year long , bet your concession stand does well....LOL

HA! Good one liner GF. Concessions do just fine, but usually due to the visiting team's folks!!! Hey we won't rack up 70+ on ya'll, but we will score from numerous points of attack, and just for your enjoyment, since you seem to frown on the ground and pound, we'll toss a pass or two, just to keep your boys honest. Unlike the past few years, this year we can actually pass and complete a non runing play. Watch for it, it will come and go quickly. After that, while our offense is on the field, you can go visit our concession stand!!!! See ya there. :wave:

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
HA! Good one liner GF. Concessions do just fine, but usually due to the visiting team's folks!!! Hey we won't rack up 70+ on ya'll, but we will score from numerous points of attack, and just for your enjoyment, since you seem to frown on the ground and pound, we'll toss a pass or two, just to keep your boys honest. Unlike the past few years, this year we can actually pass and complete a non runing play. Watch for it, it will come and go quickly. After that, while our offense is on the field, you can go visit our concession stand!!!! See ya there. :wave:

Yeah just being funny, Every year we played yall we always worried about stopping LH offense. I promise I respect it as well as everyone around here. What a great rivalry all those years. Still boring though.. LOL... Yall don't even get to be upset over little things like pick six and Qb sacks and stuff!!!.

greendawg84
09-24-2012, 09:32 AM
This will be a big test for both teams , give me The Hill by 7.

panfan
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah just being funny, Every year we played yall we always worried about stopping LH offense. I promise I respect it as well as everyone around here. What a great rivalry all those years. Still boring though.. LOL... Yall don't even get to be upset over little things like pick six and Qb sacks and stuff!!!.

I got where you were going GF. We get to be upset when we don't pick six and don't sack the QB!!! I told my boy after last week's game, he better go find what ever he had against smithville, strap it back on, eat it, what ever and get ready cause the Texans are coming and this is one ya'll can't let get away from ya'll on the D side. IT's going to be a great game and the one I most look forward to. Just glad we don't have to drive down there this time.

panfan
09-24-2012, 09:42 AM
This will be a big test for both teams , give me The Hill by 7.
Greendawg -where ya'll been hiding out. Cam must be deep, deep, deep under cover cause I haven't seen him or his scooter squirting through town. I have been watching. Set up a trail camera too so I could see if he was sneakin' through at night. Got my purple paint balls loaded and ready. Congrats on win over Canyon Lake.

buff4ever
09-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I give the edge to LH in this one. Wimberley has the talent on both sides of the ball to win this game, if they can put it all together. However, I feel that LH has it more together at this time, and their offense will put up more than Wimberley will be able to in this one.

No hard feelings WT fans, both of these teams are quality teams that should do well this year. It will be interesting to see how it goes though, these teams know each other well and will show up to play. This game will be high scoring, almost want to go watch this game.

greendawg84
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Greendawg -where ya'll been hiding out. Cam must be deep, deep, deep under cover cause I haven't seen him or his scooter squirting through town. I have been watching. Set up a trail camera too so I could see if he was sneakin' through at night. Got my purple paint balls loaded and ready. Congrats on win over Canyon Lake.

My boy CAM is laying low for a while I guess , have no fear he will return in time ( probably around the time we play yall ) . Squeaked one out Friday but hey we will take a W any way we can get it . Thanks for the Congrats !

I will probably go to this game this week as the Dawgs play in Taylor.

panfan
09-24-2012, 10:25 AM
My boy CAM is laying low for a while I guess , have no fear he will return in time ( probably around the time we play yall ) . Squeaked one out Friday but hey we will take a W any way we can get it . Thanks for the Congrats !

ducks and dawgs on the same field at the same time? Oh the horror. That could get ugly. All that green, someone is likely to get lost in the grass.

If you come to our house, you will need to properly hydrate before going to the sea of purple and gold, since those colors makes you want to hurl. May I suggest several cervezas prior to game time. ONce that wave of purple and gold gets moving and shaking, I'm sure you will be running for underneath the bleachers. We don't want to find a dried up prune of Greendawg after the game is over. See how thoughful I am, just trying to be neighborly.

I suspect that while you'r down under the Bleachers, You'll find many Wimberly fans there as well, wondering what happened to their defense. I can hear em now - "But we told those boys they were going to run it up the middle." :ack!::ack!::ack!:

panfan
09-24-2012, 10:41 AM

How is Taylor doing these days anyway? Last year they seemed to be making their way up the food chain. What is the expectation for the Dawgs this week?

panfan
09-24-2012, 10:47 AM
How is Taylor doing these days anyway? Last year they seemed to be making their way up the food chain. What is the expectation for the Dawgs this week?

Wimberly- Where are ya'll (crickets......) I have had to resort to talking to Greendawg about Taylor here. Ya'll racked up a couple hundred posts last week, GF is the only one to come out and play. Oh I get it, its Monday. :sleeping:

hollywood
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Stephenville plays on Sat. If I decide to come to the game, which side should I sit on?

greendawg84
09-24-2012, 11:05 AM

Taylor got beat by Gatesville 35 to 14 , not sure what they did the first 3 games . I think this will be a game just like last week , we can win but , we need to play a lot better D . Seems we can score but cant make a stop , got a turnover last week then a big play on 4th and 10 to pull out the win. The schedule only gets tougher from now on for us. I think the Ducks are better than CL for sure.

I will take you advice and hydrate heavily before arrival at that pasture yall call a football field . I will prepare to stand up the whole game as I suspect an overflow crowd from the Texans. How many does your visitor side hold anyway , 300?

panfan
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Stephenville plays on Sat. If I decide to come to the game, which side should I sit on?

Our side of course. Besides, the visitors side is way too small. But then again, as GF noted, our offense is boring so WT fans will be at the concessions stand showing us the money!! That's ok, it all spends the same way so we'll take it. If you sit on the visitors side, you are just gonna hear a bunch a grumblin' about how we somehow managed to pay off the refs for all those one sided calls. We took a page from the ol home team WT handbook and worked it out with our booster club before hand. :doh::doh: Seems like I hav saw somethin akin to that (I did this just for the Wimbo grammar police) somewhere in a previous Wimberly thread this year!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

panfan
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Taylor got beat by Gatesville 35 to 14 , not sure what they did the first 3 games . I think this will be a game just like last week , we can win but , we need to play a lot better D . Seems we can score but cant make a stop , got a turnover last week then a big play on 4th and 10 to pull out the win. The schedule only gets tougher from now on for us. I think the Ducks are better than CL for sure.

I will take you advice and hydrate heavily before arrival at that pasture yall call a football field . I will prepare to stand up the whole game as I suspect an overflow crowd from the Texans. How many does your visitor side hold anyway , 300?

I'm hurt Dawg, gonna sit on the visitors side?? and Here I was gonna offer to buy you a cerveza to help with your hydration.

hollywood
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Our side of course. Besides, the visitors side is way too small. But then again, as GF noted, our offense is boring so WT fans will be at the concessions stand showing us the money!! That's ok, it all spends the same way so we'll take it. If you sit on the visitors side, you are just gonna hear a bunch a grumblin' about how we somehow managed to pay off the refs for all those one sided calls. We took a page from the ol home team WT handbook and worked it out with our booster club before hand. :doh::doh: Seems like I hav saw somethin akin to that (I did this just for the Wimbo grammar police) somewhere in a previous Wimberly thread this year!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

LOL... good to know.

It might be pretty entertaining to sit on the Wembirly (spl ;) side then. May be plenty of room after this first qtr. Not sure.. will the home side be packed? I may just stand along the fence... If I decide to go to this one. May go to the Alvarado/W. Connally game. :thinking:

hollywood
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I actually like Wimberely... oh, where does Llano play this week? I'd like to watch them first hand to see if they have a shot at the playoffs this season.

panfan
09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I actually like Wimberely... oh, where does Llano play this week? I'd like to watch them first hand to see if they have a shot at the playoffs this season.

That's Ok - we'll take your money at the concession stand too!!!. Anyway you look at this game - its gonna be close, for no other reason than there is a history betwen these two programs. Not sure on Llano.

hollywood
09-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Well... I'll leave it up to my nephews... 126 miles to Liberty Hill and 122 miles to Llano from S'ville.

I think LH/Wim will be a better game. But, Cooper's is in Llano! Hmmm, decisions... decisions.

panfan
09-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Well... I'll leave it up to my nephews... 126 miles to Liberty Hill and 122 miles to Llano from S'ville.

I think LH/Wim will be a better game. But, Cooper's is in Llano! Hmmm, decisions... decisions.

We can't compete with Cooper's. Try out Jardin Corona. Durn good Mexican food and ice cold beer. Agree - LH vs WT will be the better game.

Tejastrue
09-24-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL... good to know.

It might be pretty entertaining to sit on the Wembirly (spl ;) side then. May be plenty of room after this first qtr. Not sure.. will the home side be packed? I may just stand along the fence... If I decide to go to this one. May go to the Alvarado/W. Connally game. :thinking:

Hey Bollywood..I suggest you go to that Alvarado game. We don't need people on the fence on the Wimberley side. :wave:

greendawg84
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm hurt Dawg, gonna sit on the visitors side?? and Here I was gonna offer to buy you a cerveza to help with your hydration.

Well that changes things ! Free Beer , I am on the Home side then !

hollywood
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey Bollywood..I suggest you go to that Alvarado game. We don't need people on the fence on the Wimberley side. :wave:

:D

We'll just have see.

Tejastrue
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Well that changes things ! Free Beer , I am on the Home side then !

Nothing better than beer to cry in. Make sure you share! :D

wimbo_pro
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
I give the edge to LH in this one. Wimberley has the talent on both sides of the ball to win this game, if they can put it all together. However, I feel that LH has it more together at this time, and their offense will put up more than Wimberley will be able to in this one.

No hard feelings WT fans, both of these teams are quality teams that should do well this year. It will be interesting to see how it goes though, these teams know each other well and will show up to play. This game will be high scoring, almost want to go watch this game.

Fair analysis from someone who has seen both. Add to it, the home court advantage that LH enjoys from the biased and well-paid referees, and this one might come down to a couple points.

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Fair analysis from someone who has seen both. Add to it, the home court advantage that LH enjoys from the biased and well-paid referees, and this one might come down to a couple points.

Don't forget the rude people you have to encounter as you walk in, that could cost them back a couple points just from mojo...

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:36 PM

I get it Holliwood, but they actually do have a chance with the district they play in...

Snotbubbles
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
LH wins easy, 38-21.

ogg
09-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Real men don't wear purple

Yoe_09
09-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Wimberley(2-2)
W 27-26 over Llano
L 31-26 to Giddings
L 28-13 to Dripping Springs
W 24-10 over La Vernia

Vs.

Liberty Hill(3-1)
L 32-29 to Giddings
W 61-16 over Hondo
W 49-13 over Smithville
W 76-35 over Rockdale

Thoughts & Predictions?

panfan
09-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Real men don't wear purple

If you think about, red and blue make purple, add in the white and you get pink. I'll just stop there. :taunt:

Alright Wimberly folks, put up some numbers for games 1-4 so we can see what is in your hand. Has no bearing on who wins the game, but fun too look at. We'll find some and post later today.

Sportshack
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I like this match up for Wimberley. They lost to a fast atletic team and a senior laden 4A team that went 3 games deep in playoffs out of one of best districts in state last year. Dripping Springs is a talented passing team and that was the Texans' weakness. Wimberley lost to Giddings by 5 points and gave up a pick six and long run on short pass in process. WHS has made an adjustment at QB that allows Jones to play WR and DB, which should be helpful in this game. Coachs at WHS familiar with Slot T. I think talk about LH defense is mostly hyperbole. I do not recall this group of LH seniors being all that good at sub varsity levels when competing against LH. LH might sting with pass but that is not their deal. WHS has a good front 7 to 8 and a decent ground attack. Ought to be a good one. THIS is NOT the LH of old...of course not the Texans of last couple of years either. However, enough hold overs to fare well against a slot T team if the younger guys maintain assignments. Just remember Texans...when the wing back is in motion and the lead blocker on the off tackle dive breaks outside forget about the off tackle run and look out for the basketball pass on the edge!!! :thumbsup:

ogg
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
If you think about, red and blue make purple, add in the white and you get pink. I'll just stop there. :taunt:

Alright Wimberly folks, put up some numbers for games 1-4 so we can see what is in your hand. Has no bearing on who wins the game, but fun too look at. We'll find some and post later today.

Now you're using Aggie logic, LOL. Sill wearing purple and the Texans are red, white and blue.

ogg
09-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I like this match up for Wimberley. They lost to a fast atletic team and a senior laden 4A team that went 3 games deep in playoffs out of one of best districts in state last year. Dripping Springs is a talented passing team and that was the Texans' weakness. Wimberley lost to Giddings by 5 points and gave up a pick six and long run on short pass in process. WHS has made an adjustment at QB that allows Jones to play WR and DB, which should be helpful in this game. Coachs at WHS familiar with Slot T. I think talk about LH defense is mostly hyperbole. I do not recall this group of LH seniors being all that good at sub varsity levels when competing against LH. LH might sting with pass but that is not their deal. WHS has a good front 7 to 8 and a decent ground attack. Ought to be a good one. THIS is NOT the LH of old...of course not the Texans of last couple of years either. However, enough hold overs to fare well against a slot T team if the younger guys maintain assignments. Just remember Texans...when the wing back is in motion and the lead blocker on the off tackle dive breaks outside forget about the off tackle run and look out for the basketball pass on the edge!!! :thumbsup:

Totally agree shack, my thoughts also. If the hill (or any run only team) falls behind too far, they're screwed. IMO the Texan's passing game will improve alot this week.

panfan
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Totally agree shack, my thoughts also. If the hill (or any run only team) falls behind too far, they're screwed. IMO the Texan's passing game will improve alot this week.

Panther passing attack will improve this week as well. Hell who you calling run only. Last week, wait for it, wait for it, we passed for nearly 60 yards. We are a passing machine, I tell ya. Scored 2 TDs from those passes. WT - tell your secondary to watch out, we are going long all night long. That 80 yards is more passing in one game is more than we have seen since about 2006 or 2007.

PS. We won't mention the 585 yards rushing since some of that was defensive on pick sixes. :2thumbsup

greendawg84
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Panther passing attack will improve this week as well. Hell who you calling run only. Last week, wait for it, wait for it, we passed for nearly 60 yards. We are a passing machine, I tell ya. Scored 2 TDs from those passes. WT - tell your secondary to watch out, we are going long all night long. That 80 yards is more passing in one game is more than we have seen since about 2006 or 2007.

PS. We won't mention the 585 yards rushing since some of that was defensive on pick sixes. :2thumbsup

Hell thats more passing than you did all last year , must have been exciting for you guys to see something more than 3 yrds and a cloud of dust ! :clap::rolleyes:

Bassact
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM

This is a very young LH team. especially in the secondary. LH run D has been exceptional, but we haven't played a good running team to this point. Pass D needs a lot of work, both safies an 1 corner are new to varsity ball.. Up until last Friday we have seen a lot of improvements, but we came out with a new scheme and got torched in the first half.. The Sr corner will take chances.
I'll give the edge to Wimberley on D..
LH offense is rocking - they eliminate the mental mistakes that put them behind the chains they will be hard to get off the field. Like they way they are spreading the ball around.. Much improved play calling over the last couple of years - at least now the defenses have to look for something other than the fullback dive or off tackle. the change of pace between the 2 tailbacks worked well against rockdale, don't know if that something we'll see more of or if it was more predicted because Rockdale sold out ot stop the full back. QB can throw on the run or will turn it up and can make something happen with his legs.. This is also a new dimension LH hasn't had in a while. Now if we can just find a goto receiver or at least have them run routes where they aren't bunched up pulling all the DB into the line of fire.
edge goes to LH on offense - after 4 games LH is the only thing thats slowed them down.
Special teams - Can we not find a kicker and stick with him so they can get comfortable? This is going to cost us in a close game - Heck already cost us against Giddings (3 missed extra points and 2 missed FG) in a 3 point loss.
edge to wimberley - Just because I'm not comfortable with what I've seen so far and they are still swapping kickers around trying to figure it out.
Return game - LH has 2 deep backs that are dangerous when they get a chance for a return.. They have given the LH O a short field on a regular basis, not sure I liek all the short pouche kicks but I guess giving up 20 or so yards is better than a TD..
edge LH..
So they way i see it these are to very evenly matched teams with very good coaching staffs that know each otehr very well.. What gives?
Home field for LH by 3..
Have a safe trip Friday.. It's gonna be fun!

fourbeee
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
This will be a hard fought game. I think the Texans will find a way to win 24-21

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 12:56 PM

The difference with LH passing game and other teams is that LH uses their passing game more as a surprise play, if LH is down by a couple scores and has to pass every down I do not think their passing game will be as effective .

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
If Wimberley can throw the ball that is the weak leak in LH defense when we scrimmaged them, mxing the run with the pass you can move the ball on their D. I just do not think Wimberley is as good a team as LH, so LH by 2 Td's.

Bassact
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
The difference with LH passing game and other teams is that LH uses their passing game more as a surprise play, if LH is down by a couple scores and has to pass every down I do not think their passing game will be as effective .

Regardless of the score - LH will not go to passing every play. seen it to many times. LH truely beleive they can break 1 on every play and will just continue to run their offense.

panfan
09-25-2012, 01:12 PM

No arguments there. Passing is certainly not our bread and butter, but it can and has shown to be effective under the right circumstances. I was being somewhat sarcastic when talking about LH's passing game. It has been dialed up a bit more frequently though in each game as the coaches look to mix it up a bit more so defenses don't continuallyu stack 10 in the box.

Name of the game of LH is ground and pound, few yards here and few yards there, drive it down the field and grind out the clock. LH defense has to step up to eliminate the quick strike capability of pass oriented teams. Rockdale was a great test for LH. Had to learn of the "fly" literally, and we took some lumps but managed to deal with it. It will be a close game - LH by 6, just cause we tend to miss a PAT now and then. Playing WT before district is the best we could have hoped for as it will tell us what we need to work on for the remainder of district play.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Some people are weighing in on this matchup, and that is what we do on this board. But if you haven't seen these two play, you don't know exactly how good LH is at there offense again, and you don't know how good wimberley is at defense. Then you throw in that wimberley can throw the ball a little, as well as run it with a big back, and those are the two things that giddings was successful with in scoring on LH. THis will be a heck of a game. The match ups are just right for a heck of a ball game. I still give edge to LH, they have that offense working very well again, and they have more kinks worked out at this point of the year.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 03:59 PM
No arguments there. Passing is certainly not our bread and butter, but it can and has shown to be effective under the right circumstances. I was being somewhat sarcastic when talking about LH's passing game. It has been dialed up a bit more frequently though in each game as the coaches look to mix it up a bit more so defenses don't continuallyu stack 10 in the box.

Name of the game of LH is ground and pound, few yards here and few yards there, drive it down the field and grind out the clock. LH defense has to step up to eliminate the quick strike capability of pass oriented teams. Rockdale was a great test for LH. Had to learn of the "fly" literally, and we took some lumps but managed to deal with it. It will be a close game - LH by 6, just cause we tend to miss a PAT now and then. Playing WT before district is the best we could have hoped for as it will tell us what we need to work on for the remainder of district play.

Ground and pound it, that is what our coaching staff has been preaching since last year and it is finally paying off. The team has bought into the concept of running and mixing in the pass, takes everyone on board to be successful.

ogg
09-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Wimberley will win 21 to 35.

panfan
09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Wimberley will win 21 to 35.

We have the refs from the Packers - SeaHawks game last night coming down for this showdown, so don't throw any last minute hail mary passes.

LHPfactory
09-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Hell thats more passing than you did all last year , must have been exciting for you guys to see something more than 3 yrds and a cloud of dust ! :clap::rolleyes:

Hey Greendawg, its more like 8 yards and a cloud of dust these days... :)

LHPfactory
09-25-2012, 10:07 PM
This will be a great one, Nerves will be high early, could factor into messy shotgun snaps.....:1popcorn:

hollywood
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Chance of rain Friday night down South. If AW wasn't closer, I would probably be at this one. That lil ole stadium LH has is kinda quaint.

panfan
09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CQFEY9RIRJA

panfan
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Wimberley:
Total yards - 910, total first downs - 49, total rushing yards - 547, total passing yards - 363. Avg pass yd/game - 145.5, Avg rush yds/game 164.8, avg tackles/game = 77.8, avg sacks/game - 2.8, avg points/game 22.5.

LH:
Total yards - 1916, total first downs - 111, total rushing yards - 1818, total passing yards - 98. Avg pass yd/game - 24.3, Avg rush yds/game 452, avg tackles/game = 54.7, avg sacks/game - 3.3, avg points/game 53.8.

Since nothing else was generating discussion about this game, which some folks (to remain nameless) argued was the GOTW, then maybe some straight comparative stats might do the trick (using big words like that makes me feel like I'm back in Grad school or part of the Hooray beer commercial). I won't comment on the numbers, just provide for discussion purposes. (Sources: AAS, and Maxpreps).

buff4ever
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
you want smack, you guys are going to whip each others' arse, and LH will come out on top. Going to be a heck of a game to watch.

If wimberley wins the turnovers, they may be able to pull the victory, but probably not quite.

Tejastrue
09-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Wimberley:
Total yards - 910, total first downs - 49, total rushing yards - 547, total passing yards - 363. Avg pass yd/game - 145.5, Avg rush yds/game 164.8, avg tackles/game = 77.8, avg sacks/game - 2.8, avg points/game 22.5.

LH:
Total yards - 1916, total first downs - 111, total rushing yards - 1818, total passing yards - 98. Avg pass yd/game - 24.3, Avg rush yds/game 452, avg tackles/game = 54.7, avg sacks/game - 3.3, avg points/game 53.8.

Since nothing else was generating discussion about this game, which some folks (to remain nameless) argued was the GOTW, then maybe some straight comparative stats might do the trick (using big words like that makes me feel like I'm back in Grad school or part of the Hooray beer commercial). I won't comment on the numbers, just provide for discussion purposes. (Sources: AAS, and Maxpreps).

Your Wimberley numbers are a bit inaccurate but it's really irrelevant. You can throw everything out the window when we play. I'll make a prediction that the Texans will hold you guys to your lowest scoring output of the season. Will it be enough? I think it will. Those crickets will be easily heard on the LH side say around 10:00 Friday night. :wave:I will add that our defense is much better now than when we played Giddings. Oh yeah, most of us Wimberley folk post in the evenings. It's been a while since we've been so heavily the underdog with the votes here and other media outlets. We are still the defending champs with a lot of pride. I guess this would be an upset for us. Wow.

panfan
09-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Your Wimberley numbers are a bit inaccurate but it's really irrelevant. You can throw everything out the window when we play. I'll make a prediction that the Texans will hold you guys to your lowest scoring output of the season. Will it be enough? I think it will. Those crickets will be easily heard on the LH side say around 10:00 Friday night. :wave:I will add that our defense is much better now than when we played Giddings. Oh yeah, most of us Wimberley folk post in the evenings. It's been a while since we've been so heavily the underdog with the votes here and other media outlets. We are still the defending champs with a lot of pride. I guess this would be an upset for us. Wow.

Not my numbers - pulled from statesman and maxpreps. "You can throw everything out the window when we play." I'll have to agree with you there, too many intangibles that numbers don't reflect. ".....the Texans will hold you guys to your lowest scoring output of the season." Maybe, but I don't think so. "I will add that our defense is much better now than when we played Giddings." So is ours. Almost all of Rockdale's scores against us came in the first half, with a new defensive scheme. Guys simply were not ready to implement it. When we went back to what we do, TD #s by Rockdale went way down. Buff4ever summarized best - these two teams are going to kick each others arse. Found some other interesting stuff online, since these two teams have been playing, WT are up in the series 8 games to LH's 6 games. After Friday, it will be 8 to 7.

LHPfactory
09-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Not my numbers - pulled from statesman and maxpreps. "You can throw everything out the window when we play." I'll have to agree with you there, too many intangibles that numbers don't reflect. ".....the Texans will hold you guys to your lowest scoring output of the season." Maybe, but I don't think so. "I will add that our defense is much better now than when we played Giddings." So is ours. Almost all of Rockdale's scores against us came in the first half, with a new defensive scheme. Guys simply were not ready to implement it. When we went back to what we do, TD #s by Rockdale went way down. Buff4ever summarized best - these two teams are going to kick each others arse. Found some other interesting stuff online, since these two teams have been playing, WT are up in the series 8 games to LH's 6 games. After Friday, it will be 8 to 7.

I agree, 8 to 7, and this young group of Panthers are just getting started....

zebrablue2
09-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Really wish I could work this game. Its gonna be a dandy!!! Good luck to both schools and play injury free...

Gone Fishing
09-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Wimberley:

LH:

Sorry Pan, yall are not going to rush for 452 yards this Friday night. If you do then I'll just have to be a monkey's uncle....

LHPfactory
09-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Sorry Pan, yall are not going to rush for 452 yards this Friday night. If you do then I'll just have to be a monkey's uncle....

You are right, I'm thinking 500 + , gonna be a big night for the 4-headed monster. The LH defense will be at its best so far this season.... Vance and his crew will see to it......WT goin down in the HILL !

Gone Fishing
09-26-2012, 10:04 PM
You are right, I'm thinking 500 + , gonna be a big night for the 4-headed monster. The LH defense will be at its best so far this season.... Vance and his crew will see to it......WT goin down in the HILL !

I'm not sure about ," going down in the hill," I was talking about rushing yards, but i'm pretty sure your not going to get 452 yards of rushing against a very good defense like Wimberley.

ogg
09-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Wimberley:

LH:

How was that Hondo game?

HSFB
09-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure about ," going down in the hill," I was talking about rushing yards, but i'm pretty sure your not going to get 452 yards of rushing against a very good defense like Wimberley.

I certainly agree with that statement. I am not going to predict how many rushing yards the Wimberley D will give up as a bunch of that depends on if the Wimb O can sustain drives to cut down on LH's opportunities. However, I will predict that LH's avg yards per carry will be significantly lower than whatever their current average may be.

Wimberley will field, by far, the strongest front 7/8 that LH has gone against this year.....and there is not even a close second. Factor in what I know about our D coaches and it all adds up to a very frustrating night for the LH O....in my opinion. So enjoy those stats while you can this week because there will be some serious negative adjustments across all O catagories after Friday nights game.

The only stat that will increase for LH will be an extra digit in the L column....KTH!!

panfan
09-27-2012, 07:37 AM

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3567557632/tt0059462 Well you said it, not me. Average per game has a range about it - I'll predict 415 +/- 30 yds rushing.

panfan
09-27-2012, 07:38 AM
How was that Hondo game?

I'm sure there is a hidden question in there just like the name, but I'll give a direct answer. It was fine thanks, we won.

panfan
09-27-2012, 07:50 AM
:
I However, I will predict that LH's avg yards per carry will be significantly lower than whatever their current average may be. Wimberley will field, by far, the strongest front 7/8 that LH has gone against this year.....and there is not even a close second. Factor in what I know about our D coaches and it all adds up to a very frustrating night for the LH O....in my opinion. So enjoy those stats while you can this week because there will be some serious negative adjustments across all O catagories after Friday nights game.

The only stat that will increase for LH will be an extra digit in the L column....KTH!!

Man this looks familiar. Wasn't Jr from Smithville saying they had the best defense we will ever see?? HMMM. Now I know WT will be tough on both sides of the ball. We will enjoy those stats as we plan to add to them with a win Friday. I don't think it will be an easy win, but a win. I said it early on, this will be one of our toughest games. Not only because of the quality of the opponent, but because of the history. Let's face it, we play nice on the board when we aren't playing, but now that we are, there ain't no love lost. As you point out, the only stat that matters at the end of the day is which side the tick mark goes into on the W/L column. In this case, LH will be getting that mark in the W column. :cheerl

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 08:21 AM
I was looking at some stats from games this year..... Wimberley gave up 120 rushing yards to DS, which DS has been averaging around 130 on the season.... not much difference there.

Wimberley gave up 170 rushing yards to Giddings where LH only gave up 43 rushing yards.....

I couldnt find anything on LV or Llano games, they are not listed.

Also on a side note, Wimberley lost to Dripping Springs who lost to Boerne Champion who lost to Marble Falls who lost to Smithville, who was destroyed by LH..... What does this run on sentence equate to for tomorrow nights game..... Nothing, just stirring it up.....:stirpot:

Or this could be another link in the beat down chain......:evillol::)

panfan
09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
I was looking at some stats from games this year..... Wimberley gave up 120 rushing yards to DS, which DS has been averaging around 130 on the season.... not much difference there.

Wimberley gave up 170 rushing yards to Giddings where LH only gave up 43 rushing yards.....

Also on a side note, Wimberley lost to Dripping Springs who lost to Boerne Champion who lost to Marble Falls who lost to Smithville, who was destroyed by LH..... What does this run on sentence equate to for tomorrow nights game..... Nothing, just stirring it up.....:stirpot:

Damn factory - that is a regular Rube goldberg sentence. All them connections, it was like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. LOL.
I think total offense is the most telling stat. WT and LH are two teams with drastically different offensive schemes, but in the end, you got to put up the numbers to put points on the board. WT poster say their D is the toughet we will face. I'll bet it is a tough defense. Tougher than Giddings and Smithville and Rockdale, not sure. Giddings was by far the most athletic team we have faced and we were still beating them going into the last two minutes. We don't muff that onside kick and the game was done, because we had driven the ball down their throat all game long. Sure they scored on us through the air, and in the end that air attack got us. Smithville - those guys were huge - and we wore their arses out, players falling out left and right. Rockdale same. I don't mention Hondo, cause those poor kids didn't know what hit them. I predicted an LH win by 6, and I'll stick by that.

Factory - you making the drive to Wimberley tonight to see the youngsters and JV play or do they get to play at Home?

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Damn factory - that is a regular Rube goldberg sentence. All them connections, it was like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. LOL.
I think total offense is the most telling stat. WT and LH are two teams with drastically different offensive schemes, but in the end, you got to put up the numbers to put points on the board. WT poster say their D is the toughet we will face. I'll bet it is a tough defense. Tougher than Giddings and Smithville and Rockdale, not sure. Giddings was by far the most athletic team we have faced and we were still beating them going into the last two minutes. We don't muff that onside kick and the game was done, because we had driven the ball down their throat all game long. Sure they scored on us through the air, and in the end that air attack got us. Smithville - those guys were huge - and we wore their arses out, players falling out left and right. Rockdale same. I don't mention Hondo, cause those poor kids didn't know what hit them. I predicted an LH win by 6, and I'll stick by that.

Factory - you making the drive to Wimberley tonight to see the youngsters and JV play or do they get to play at Home?

I will be going to Wimberley, I have one on the 8th A..... #12...

panfan
09-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I will be going to Wimberley, I have one on the 8th A..... #12...

Good luck to Jr. high and JV teams - drive safe.

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 10:03 AM
From what I hear about Wimberley 8th graders this should be a good game tonight.

The LH 8th A&B are both stocked with good athletes.

The A offense is tough to stop and play calling was very good last week. The defense was lights out in a shut out against Rockdale last week.

I hear Wimberley has a slick 8th grade QB.

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Good luck to Jr. high and JV teams - drive safe.

Thanks... I get football games 3 days in a row now.... Thurs with my oldest Son, Friday LHHS, and I get to coach my second Son on Saturdays.....man im spoiled...

panfan
09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks... I get football games 3 days in a row now.... Thurs with my oldest Son, Friday LHHS, and I get to coach my second Son on Saturdays.....man im spoiled...

That's a lot of football. !

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 10:56 AM
That's a lot of football. !

Yeah, the first two stop abruptly, I hope the Varsity can ween me off easy with a deep play off run this year.

ogg
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I certainly agree with that statement. I am not going to predict how many rushing yards the Wimberley D will give up as a bunch of that depends on if the Wimb O can sustain drives to cut down on LH's opportunities. However, I will predict that LH's avg yards per carry will be significantly lower than whatever their current average may be.

Wimberley will field, by far, the strongest front 7/8 that LH has gone against this year.....and there is not even a close second. Factor in what I know about our D coaches and it all adds up to a very frustrating night for the LH O....in my opinion. So enjoy those stats while you can this week because there will be some serious negative adjustments across all O catagories after Friday nights game.

KTH!!!! One thing for sure, the Texans always play up to level of their competition.

Tejastrue
09-27-2012, 12:18 PM

What it equates to is most teams are not familiar with defensing a well ran slot-t. A large part of it is deception or smoke and mirrors. With that being said I could see how easily it would be for LH to control the clock...thus the high scores/yardage gained. We are very familiar with the slot-t and we've seen it every year since we last played. Just don't get behind boys. You'll be in big trouble.

The Dripping Springs game. Their QB had a 65 yd run that our defense simply misplayed. Their RB's had a 1.9yd average gain (28-54yds) if that tells you anything.

Here's the La Vernia game stats.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147846&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

panfan
09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
KTH!!!! One thing for sure, the Texans always play up to level of their competition.

We expect that they will. Ok I give, what the heck is KTH. Super secret Wimberley language or just texting stuff.

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
What it equates to is most teams are not familiar with defensing a well ran slot-t. A large part of it is deception or smoke and mirrors. With that being said I could see how easily it would be for LH to control the clock...thus the high scores/yardage gained. We are very familiar with the slot-t and we've seen it every year since we last played. Just don't get behind boys. You'll be in big trouble.

The Dripping Springs game. Their QB had a 65 yd run that our defense simply misplayed. Their RB's had a 1.9yd average gain (28-54yds) if that tells you anything.

Here's the La Vernia game stats.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147846&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

I think the better question is: Has Wimberley played any high powered rushing teams this year? If not you really havent been tested on run D yet.....

Either way, I know with out a doubt that WT will be ready to play friday night.

Wimberley better than most know that the LH run Slot-T can not be redueced to a little more than smoke and mirrors, its well executed smash mouth football, coupled with deception and adequate ball distribution, and beefed up with a high tempo twist this year....

And getting behind wont be trouble anymore, LH runs a hurry up offense all game

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 12:48 PM
We expect that they will. Ok I give, what the heck is KTH. Super secret Wimberley language or just texting stuff.

wait, let me guess .......KTH............ummmmm.......... Kill......Texans.....Hill...... Thats it "Kill Texans, Hill", .................... dang im good.....
:stirpot:

Tejastrue
09-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I think the better question is: Has Wimberley played any high powered rushing teams this year? If not you really havent been tested on run D yet.....

Either way, I know with out a doubt that WT will be ready to play friday night.

Wimberley better than most know that the LH run Slot-T can not be redueced to a little more than smoke and mirrors, its well executed smash mouth football, coupled with deception and adequate ball distribution, and beefed up with a high tempo twist this year....

And getting behind wont be trouble anymore, LH runs a hurry up offense all game

I believe Coldspring used that "hurry up" as well the last couple of years. Maybe it was the quick snap. I think for LH it will be more like "We're in a hurry cus we behind" mindset. Lol..

greendawg84
09-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey Greendawg, its more like 8 yards and a cloud of dust these days... :)

That right there is funny , but not as funny as this from tejastrue - I think for LH it will be more like "We're in a hurry cus we behind" mindset. Lol..

This should be one of the best games of the year so good luck to both.

panfan - 3 weeks and counting ! Not that we can beat you guys but the smack will sure be fun all week. CAM will be back by then so look out !

greendawg84
09-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Dude , you are quite a factory ! How many of them rugrats you gots anyway ??????

Tejastrue
09-27-2012, 03:51 PM
That right there is funny , but not as funny as this from tejastrue - I think for LH it will be more like "We're in a hurry cus we behind" mindset. Lol..

panfan - 3 weeks and counting ! Not that we can beat you guys but the smack will sure be fun all week. CAM will be back by then so look out !

Thanks Greendawg. We know we're in for a battle. As far as the smack..my most immature reply would be "golly, they started it". :wave:

ogg
09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Greendawg. We know we're in for a battle. As far as the smack..my most immature reply would be "golly, they started it". :wave:

Gotta love these scared and insecure lh people. Hahahaha

wimbo_pro
09-27-2012, 04:46 PM
LH finds out there is still fire in the Wimberley D engine...a lot more than they have seen this year. A close game (as almost all of them have been) but Wimberley wins...just cuz we are better than LH.

If we lose, it will surely be because of the well-known Liberty Hill home cooked refs.

panfan
09-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Yep just shakin' in our boots....... Bring it on.

Ville-D
09-27-2012, 05:42 PM
LH by 14

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hollywood
09-27-2012, 05:48 PM
LH by 21

panfan
09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
LH finds out there is still fire in the Wimberley D engine...a lot more than they have seen this year. A close game (as almost all of them have been) but Wimberley wins...just cuz we are better than LH.

If we lose, it will surely be because of the well-known Liberty Hill home cooked refs.

We baste them real good on both sides so that they are fully cooked. :wave:

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Dude , you are quite a factory ! How many of them rugrats you gots anyway ??????

4 boys.
8th B won 38-20
LH 8th A is up 20-0 at half

Tejastrue
09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
LH by 21

Wow..still not convinced.:bigcry:

LHPfactory
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
LH 8th A won 28-6 over Wimberley.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Yep just shakin' in our boots....... Bring it on.

LOL...dont make us come up there!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2012, 05:12 AM
LH 8th A won 28-6 over Wimberley.
I don't know the 7th grade scores, but freshman score was 60-32, LH...14-12 at the half.

The final sounds pretty good for tonight's score. :devil:

Wimpy - are you coming to the game tonight? M&G at half?

greendawg84
09-28-2012, 08:07 AM
4 boys.
8th B won 38-20
LH 8th A is up 20-0 at half

Man that right there is a lot of money spent at your local HEB ! I thought I had it bad with 3 !

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Man that right there is a lot of money spent at your local HEB ! I thought I had it bad with 3 !

Yeah, I have to work overtime just to feed them. Last school year when they were all eating the cafeteria food, we were spending about $250 per month on their lunch accounts alone. The younger 3 are sack lunching this year, still expensive though.

panfan
09-28-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't know the 7th grade scores, but freshman score was 60-32, LH...14-12 at the half.

The final sounds pretty good for tonight's score. :devil:

Wimpy - are you coming to the game tonight? M&G at half?

I would like to meet some folks - seems like the last few times, its been a bust. Mom you gonna make it tonight? I saw UIW took it in the shorts this past weekend. I try to keep up with them since I got 2 nephews there now.

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
I would like to meet some folks - seems like the last few times, its been a bust. Mom you gonna make it tonight? I saw UIW took it in the shorts this past weekend. I try to keep up with them since I got 2 nephews there now.

Meet n Greet sounds good, at the north end right? over by those small bleechers near the flag pole.

LH 7th B - Not sure
LH 7th A - Lost 12-0

LH 8th B - Won 36-20
LH 8th A - Won 28-6

LH Fresh - Won 60-32

LH JV Was up 7-0 going into 2nd Qtr and driving when I left (they had 2 big stops against Wimberley O).

The 8th graders are a great group of kids, both A and B teams are good, this class has alot of depth coupled with the fact that they are a hard working bunch, we expect big things out of them, especially when they group up on friday nights with the current 9th graders.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Meet n Greet sounds good, at the north end right? over by those small bleechers near the flag pole.

LH 7th B - Not sure
LH 7th A - Lost 12-0

LH 8th B - Won 36-20
LH 8th A - Won 28-6

LH Fresh - Won 60-32

LH JV Was up 7-0 going into 2nd Qtr and driving when I left (they had 2 big stops against Wimberley O).

The 8th graders are a great group of kids, both A and B teams are good, this class has alot of depth coupled with the fact that they are a hard working bunch, we expect big things out of them, especially when they group up on friday nights with the current 9th graders.

OK! I will stop by at halftime! As I remember, the north end is also where the goats are kept and where the donkeys are hitched to the wheel for running water, right?

Sounds like both Wimberley and LH are loading up for the next few years of rivalries. This is gonna be good! The rivalry is 8-to-6 Wimberley, am I correct? Let's get this straight now, cuz we will be yelling at each other for years to come, apparently.

panfan
09-28-2012, 09:09 AM

I didnt miss this post. I say we still need to have a fan paintball war, green paintballs vs. purple ones. If we do it right, we can make it an annual event, with a paintball trophy or cup that has to go to the victor for the year until just before next year's game. I expect the Dawg's would win the paintball war cause they would come out all in camo and green ghilly (sp?) suits.

Tejas - that was damn funny.

OK - what are the odds - we get poured on tonight with a 30-40% chance of rain when last week we had a 70% chance on Firday night and didn't get a drop.

panfan
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Yep - 8-6 soon to be 8-7. Wear your boots, when you head down to the north end cause the crap is deep over there from all the livestock. I'll come down at the half - will be wearing a purple and gold shirt.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
I'll come down at the half - will be wearing a purple and gold shirt.

To go with your purple and gold skirt?? HA!!!!!

See you there!

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Yep - 8-6 soon to be 8-7. Wear your boots, when you head down to the north end cause the crap is deep over there from all the livestock. I'll come down at the half - will be wearing a purple and gold shirt.

No, the livestock have been relocated, the crap is from the WT.... :)

I will be wearing a black Nike Golf shirt with the wonderful letters LH embroidered over my heart.....

panfan
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
To go with your purple and gold skirt?? HA!!!!!

See you there!

yep - I like the free feeling of the kilt, just watch it when I bend over. :eek:

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
No, the livestock have been relocated, the crap is from the WT.... :)

OK...that did it. NOW we are REALLY going to beat you guys like a bowl of pancake batter.

greendawg84
09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I didnt miss this post. I say we still need to have a fan paintball war, green paintballs vs. purple ones. If we do it right, we can make it an annual event, with a paintball trophy or cup that has to go to the victor for the year until just before next year's game. I expect the Dawg's would win the paintball war cause they would come out all in camo and green ghilly (sp?) suits.

Tejas - that was damn funny.

OK - what are the odds - we get poured on tonight with a 30-40% chance of rain when last week we had a 70% chance on Firday night and didn't get a drop.

Sounds like a blast to me ! Bring on some paint ball .

wimbo_pro - panfan will be wearing a Grape shirt , that outta narrow it down around there as to who he is ?? Yall can meet by the small bleachers which is also known as the visitor side !

Papá Oso
09-28-2012, 09:52 AM
LH - 35
WT - 24

Good luck and safe travels to both schools.

PO

hollywood
09-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow..still not convinced.:bigcry:

Prove me wrong! LH is firing on all cylinders.
Wimberley hasn't quite tuned their engine yet. I know WT will. But, kinda like Brownwood. It's there, just haven't quite put it all together yet.

Again, prove me wrong.

GO Texans GO!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I think the game will be determined on just how good LH's defense is. I feel confident our defense can hold back the avalanche of points LH normally puts up...but can they keep our offense off the field? If they do (or we stop ourselves on offense with errors), it could be a long, tough night. If we are able to control the ball decently....we will win this game.

HSFB
09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I think the game will be determined on just how good LH's defense is. I feel confident our defense can hold back the avalanche of points LH normally puts up...but can they keep our offense off the field? If they do (or we stop ourselves on offense with errors), it could be a long, tough night. If we are able to control the ball decently....we will win this game.

Well said....The O needs to be consistent enough to not hang the D out to dry.

I saw Wimberley spending a bunch of time working on the Veer and a variation of the Wishbone O in practices the last couple of weeks so I'm thinking that they will break it out and try to control the ball/clock on the ground.

Bassact
09-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Well said....The O needs to be consistent enough to not hang the D out to dry.

I saw Wimberley spending a bunch of time working on the Veer and a variation of the Wishbone O in practices the last couple of weeks so I'm thinking that they will break it out and try to control the ball/clock on the ground.

80% chance of severe thunderstorms tonight in LH.. option + Rain = not a good time to bring that back. although LH hasn't seen any option football so it would be fun to watch how the kids adjust to it.. And it would bring back memories of my days when everyone ran some form of option in the early 80's... dicipline, dicipline dicipline.. a lot harder said than done..

hollywood
09-28-2012, 11:41 AM
dicipline, dicipline dicipline.. a lot harder said than done..

Did you mean a lot easier said than done?

Hoping this doesn't get delayed or canceled due to lightening. I'd like to see where both of these teams stand. Good test for both.

Bassact
09-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Did you mean a lot easier said than done?

Hoping this doesn't get delayed or canceled due to lightening. I'd like to see where both of these teams stand. Good test for both.

LOL.. thanks for the correction.. To much coffee this morning and maybe a few flashbacks of going after the ball instead of staying with the pitchman.. then totally dredding going to the sidelines after the play was over.. This was back in the day when a coach grabbing a handull of facemask to make a point was expected when you screwed up.
I'm with you on the game being delayed or cancelled.. We need to see were we stand. No better opponent than wimberley to end non distrcit play.. Any weaknesses LH has on anyside side of the ball Wimb will find it and exploit it to the max.. Will show the coaches exactly what they need to know going into the bye week and ramping up for district play.

Tejastrue
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I believe you guys have a grass field. Is it a good one or will this be a mud bowl? I hate that a wet field will factor in. What can you do. It is what it is as they say.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
I believe you guys have a grass field. Is it a good one or will this be a mud bowl? I hate that a wet field will factor in. What can you do. It is what it is as they say.

Apparently you have never been to LH. It is a poor field, worn out and tough on the players. I have no doubt it will be a mess if rain comes. I hear LH is building a new stadium (and school?), they sure need it.

Tejastrue
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Apparently you have never been to LH. It is a poor field, worn out and tough on the players. I have no doubt it will be a mess if rain comes. I hear LH is building a new stadium (and school?), they sure need it.

I was there in 2009 but I'd just had lasik surgery a couple days earlier and the stadium lights were not very friendly. What I do recall was being in a very ugly purple haze. Thank God the red, white and blue offset that a bit otherwise I probably would have thrown up. Lol..

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM

Oh listen to ya Wimbo, Next you will want LHISD to pay for the manicures and pedicures the delicate little Texans will need after playing on a tough field.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh listen to ya Wimbo, Next you will want LHISD to pay for the manicures and pedicures the delicate little Texans will need after playing on a tough field.

Oh hush!!! Your field is the worst field/stadium (if you want to call it that) in all 3A!! I've always said LH players and ex-State Champs deserve better!!!

greendawg84
09-28-2012, 01:31 PM

Just think of a Cow pasture with a FEW bleachers around it and you have it . They will have a new School and sports complex starting next year.

Tejastrue
09-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Just think of a Cow pasture with a FEW bleachers around it and you have it . They will have a new School and sports complex starting next year.

I do remember walking across a pasture to get to the stadium from where we parked..we were running late and it was dark by that time and as I recall we were very concerned about what we might be stepping in or on. :)

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
In all seriousness, I hope they shuttle again due to the high rain chances, If you park in that field, you may need a tow truck if it rains.

Anyone from LH know if they will be shuttling from the HS/JH tonight?

panfan
09-28-2012, 01:47 PM

For all you unedumacated folk, tough playing conditions builds character. Besides, it slopes at least 20 degrees to each side to aid in runoff, and running down hill>>>>. Why do ya'll think our bounce outside the tackle works so well at home. It aint the kids, its physics 101 baby. A body in motion, goes in motion faster if its going down a hill.

panfan
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I do remember walking across a pasture to get to the stadium from where we parked..we were running late and it was dark by that time and as I recall we were very concerned about what we might be stepping in or on. :)

We graze cattle in the visitors parking area all week to keep the grass down for ya'.

panfan
09-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh hush!!! Your field is the worst field/stadium (if you want to call it that) in all 3A!! I've always said LH players and ex-State Champs deserve better!!!

Nope the rockdale sandpit was worse. Every time a player cut, sand flew up. I thought they were playing beach volleyball. Although, their visitor side capacity seemed to be more than ours. I think we use that a a strategic advantage to keep the rifraf out.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Nope the rockdale sandpit was worse. Every time a player cut, sand flew up. I thought they were playing beach volleyball. Although, their visitor side capacity seemed to be more than ours. I think we use that a a strategic advantage to keep the rifraf out.

I think the rain is gonna keep plenty of rifraf out tonight.

panfan
09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I think the rain is gonna keep plenty of rifraf out tonight.

I got my waders out and a raincoat, so I'm good to go. Big clouds been building all day here. Sun is shining through the clouds, but I don't think that is going to hold into this evening. This could be the Abilene Wylie game all over again.

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 02:26 PM
We go 2 years with out rain, 2 years with out LH and WT playing each other..... we need rain and this game, just not at the same time Kind and Gracious Heavenly Father... :bigcry:

panfan
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey WT fans - we put some extra chairs on the train tracks either side of the visitor bleachers for ya'll so there is plenty of seating. It elevated so ya'll should have a nice view from back there. Never mind that train that rumbles through there every evening. We told the conductor to lay off the horn so as not to disturb ya'll during the game. :wave: Ya'll be carefull when ya'll head north now.

panfan
09-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Oh and AMEN to factory's invocation there.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey WT fans - we put some extra chairs on the train tracks either side of the visitor bleachers for ya'll so there is plenty of seating. It elevated so ya'll should have a nice view from back there. Never mind that train that rumbles through there every evening. We told the conductor to lay off the horn so as not to disturb ya'll during the game. :wave: Ya'll be carefull when ya'll head north now.

I am going the new tollway around the east side of Austin. With it being 80mph, we can make up a lot of time and avoid all the traffic trying to head north on the west side of Austin. Of course, cut across on 29. Should be a much safer drive too.

LHPfactory
09-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I am going the new tollway around the east side of Austin. With it being 80mph, we can make up a lot of time and avoid all the traffic trying to head north on the west side of Austin. Of course, cut across on 29. Should be a much safer drive too.

If you go 130 Toll,

Take 45 Toll west

this will cut across Round Rock and take past North Austin to Cedar Park. From there

Take 183A Toll North....

This will take you all the way to Liberty Hill. It is the fastest way... It should flow fast all the way.

If you take 130 to 29, you will have to fight your way through Georgetown Traffic.

I work in East Austin and when I want home fast with out traffic thats the way I go....

The only negative is that you hit almost every toll booth in Central Texas.

So: 130 North, to 45 West, to 183A North.... all the way to LH...

Bassact
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM

130 may be clear of traffic and you can run 85 on a big portion of it now.. It sure it a long way around though.. Would think it would be better to take 281 to Burnet then 29 to LH.. If your brave you could take 1431 & cut across.. But not the safest, especially in the rain.. Real winding 2 lane roads

BwdLion73
09-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Yall have some beautiful country down there but every time I read this I think of our 10 minute rush hour.

panfan
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Yall have some beautiful country down there but every time I read this I think of our 10 minute rush hour.

You aint lyin lion. I try to avoid going into Austin as much as possible. Wish that new tollway was built though when I moved here since I had to go down to spicewood and 360 during all that construction. Hour plus one way each day. Now, the office is 5 minutes away and new high school will be about 1/2 mile away. Probably should just make my kids walk to school and save myself some $$$ with paying their gas bills. LOL.

panfan
09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
weather underground predicts 40-70% chance of t-storms from 7 to 10. UNless you like the mud derby, might be a good idea to avoid that parking area NW of the stadium.

Bassact
09-28-2012, 11:10 PM
final 46-24 Liberty Hill.. What a wild game.. 6-3 LH at half time. Wimberley Dline totally dominated the 1st half. A timely turn over atthe goal line by Wimberley is the only thing that kept LH in the game. LH pass D started slow again...
2nd half - LH O came to life and the D and special teams did the rest.. Hell of a performance by the Panthers..

Sportshack
09-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Ouchy woo!!! :vrycnfsd:

garciap77
09-28-2012, 11:12 PM
final 46-24 Liberty Hill.. What a wild game.. 6-3 LH at half time. Wimberley Dline totally dominated the 1st half. A timely turn over atthe goal line by Wimberley is the only thing that kept LH in the game. LH pass D started slow again...
2nd half - LH O came to life and the D and special teams did the rest.. Hell of a performance by the Panthers..

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ccrbumblebee/Smileys/YikesSmiley.gif

Ville-D
09-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I think the WT problems started when Old Tiger joined their ranks. He must be bad luck. Glad he didn't end up moving to Stephenville.

hollywood
09-28-2012, 11:54 PM
22 point win by LH... Close @ 21 point pic. So 9 points scored in the first half and 61 points scored in the second half?! WTH?!

Splain to me Lucy!

panfan
09-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Good game WT - You said it. Tough defense. Good luck rest of the season.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 12:04 AM

What a game of highs and lows. I think we missed our opportunity to put you guys away in the first half. Kudos to your goal line defense. Don't forget the score was 19-17 LH early in the 4th after we recovered that fumble in the end-zone for a TD. But I'll be damned if we didn't give up the following KO for 6. That guy Boatwright is a player. I know our kicker was not suppose to kick the ball straight up the middle to this guy. I was thinking oh crap, he didn't just do that. It was tooooo late. Then we gave up the pick 6. Growing pains of a sophomore QB. Your late 4th qtr scores/yardage gained was disappointing in respect to how well our defense actually played. We gambled late because we were behind and you guys made us pay. Congrats to Liberty Hill.

lbjacj
09-29-2012, 12:46 AM
22 point win by LH... Close @ 21 point pic. So 9 points scored in the first half and 61 points scored in the second half?! WTH?!

Splain to me Lucy!

We got inside the panthers 10 yd line three times in the first half and came away with three points! Our defense was awesome, holding LH to 5 first downs and under 100 yrds in the first half. Both teams scored a TD in the third and entered the fourth at 13-10 LH. Then the fireworks started! LH had a quick drive to go up 19-10. Then we drive to the goal line only to be stopped on fourth down inside the 10 again! The very nexy play LF fumbles and we recover in the end zone to make it 19-17. Then LH returns the KO 90 yds to make it 26-17. The next drive we throw an interception which was returned for a TD to make it 32-17. After we punted on 4th and long in our end they drive down to go up 39-17. That's 5 TD's in about three minutes. Next drive we throw a 38 yd pass to make it 39-24 the LH gets one more to make it 46-24 final. 47 points scored in the 4th qtr! We still have a long way to go but all the pieces are there for us to be a good playoff team. We just have to put them together!

Anxious to see the box scores. Texans had lots of yards.

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 05:22 AM
http://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=1440

Bassact
09-29-2012, 08:09 AM

Splain to me Lucy!

22 points doesn't tell the true story.. This was a great HS football game played by 2 well coached teams. I would say disiplined teams but their were way to many flags on both teams for this late in the season. How the hell do you not know your on the punt team? Most of these players only see the field on punts, I would think they'd be all over their chance, especially since LH doesn't punt very often. Wimberleys D was outstanding, totalally controlloing the line of scrimmage in the first half and dominating the game. That being said the LH bend but don't break D was outstanding as well. Wimberley put up some yard between the 20's but once they got close LH D stepped up. LH run D was great as well, Wimb #34 is a tank. we have to figure out how to cover the pass, hoping the regular starting corner will be back from injury in time for district play, coaches go after your weak spots and they like to pick on the soph thats filling in.. Although I will say is going to be a player, just going through some learning pains.
Wimberley will be fine, more than likely win district and have a good playoff run..
Good the rest of the way Texans.. Enjoyed a great HS football game,wish they were all like that..

Any team that looks at your record and starts licking their chops for their chance will be highly disappointed..

LH D holding on 4th and goal from the 1 only to have the qb fumble in the endzone giving up a TD.. The KOR on the next play for LH was the game changer.. LH adjusted and had some things going on O and the D was starting to clamp down..

LHPfactory
09-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Great game as usual for.WT and LH... 3 quarters of tense struggle and an explosive 4th quarter....
Boatright is the Mr Intangible to the current LH program as Buse was to the 2005-2006 WT program....

All smack talk aside, I knew the WT-D would give LH fits, they r solid.

If that WT-QB is only a soph he is gonna be real good as well.

Great Game.

Sportshack
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
The Texans are going through some predictable growing pains as they play with young unproven guys. In addition, they have had a reasonably tough schedule. They will be solid in district play as they continue to grow. Moving the ball but not scoring indicates they are still looking to develop an an offensive identity and looking for someone besides Kelley to step up. They will be fine in district. Finishing 7-3 is very plausible.

garciap77
09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
I think the WT problems started when Old Tiger joined their ranks. He must be bad luck. Glad he didn't end up moving to Stephenville.

He reminds me of Go Blue! He used to bring bad luck too!:evillol:

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds like LH's defense is for real. This bodes badly for other teams in their district/region. We Texans know one thing for sure, if you cannot score on LH, you are in deep, deep trouble. Good game, Panthers....congrats!

P.S. , it is good to see the rivalry back...we have talent coming down the pike in what seems to be "in sync" with yours...this is going to be fun!

Tejastrue
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Great game as usual for.WT and LH... 3 quarters of tense struggle and an explosive 4th quarter....
Boatright is the Mr Intangible to the current LH program as Buse was to the 2005-2006 WT program....

Great Game.

Some people on the outside looking in will see the final score and laugh with a "ha, I told you so mentality" but they don't have a clue and that's why I appreciate you LH guys sharing honest thoughts about this game and confirming where we believe our team is headed. You guys made some defensive stands not unlike how we played last year and I can respect that. It will go a long way for LH. Good luck the rest of the year Panthers.

wimbo_pro
09-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow. Check out the stats. What it doesnt show is return yards and interception yards (pick 6). This is an incredible statistical analyis. Typical LH on running the ball...and you can infer from this data that LH definitely bent...but the score shows they didnt break. Another sign that LH's defense is something to worry about.

If you were to tell me that Wimberley would have 3.5 yards per carry and 346 yards of passing with a total of 18 first downs (twice as much as the opponent) for a total of 442 yards....I would say we would have won that game. But then...the score tells you a totally different story. Wow....LH has some weapons unseen in a good 5-6 years.

Team Stats
Wimberley / Liberty Hill

Total yards

442 / 314

First downs

18 / 9

Rushes/Yds

27/96 - 50/289

Average rush

3.56 / 5.78

Comp/Atts

24/45 - 1/5

Pass yards

346 / 25

Comp pct

53.33 / 20

Punts

5 / 7

Punting Yards

0 / 0

Punting Average

31 / 29

Fumbles/Lost

3/1 - 1/1

Gone Fishing
09-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Good game WT - You said it. Tough defense. Good luck rest of the season.

Great Game.

Thanks for all the good comments from LH fans. If people were not at this game then they don't understand two things...(1) how good LH is and can be down the road...(2) How good WT's are and how good they can be down the road. WT's were there for the taken, but could not get it done. The score doesn't really matter if you were there and saw what kind of play was on the field by both teams.... "If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle" .... District starts now for most and it is a new season.. Good luck to LH, I got to pull a little for Llano, but hope ya'll win district. Good Luck.