PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night NFL Fiasco

83Indian
09-24-2012, 10:52 PM
The most blantant offensive pass interference and wrong call I have ever seen. Packers intercept clearly and seahawks receiver steals the ball after pushing the defensive back in front of him down. How these refs can't get together and make the right call is beyond me.

Roughneck93
09-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Unbelievable...

83Indian
09-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Since when does having one arm of the receiver pinned under the ball with the defensive back having both arms around the ball to his chest. One calls touchback, the other calls a touchdown.

Yoe_09
09-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Totally unbelievable.

HEMOTOXIC
09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
That was clearly an interception. These refs suck!

Bull's-eye
09-24-2012, 11:08 PM
The NFL just lost their integrity! I can't believe they called it a TD or didn't have the balls to reverse their mistake. Maybe fans should email the NFL to voice their disapproval.

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2012, 11:09 PM
That was straight up the worst call ever. They reviewed it and still got it wrong.

Unbelievable

Tin Cup
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
It's hard to believe they couldn't get that right...

I know people will say 1 play can't win or lose a game. Ya well it just did

83Indian
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Serves the NFL right. Its clear now that the real referee's earn every penny they make and why not pay them for being part of the NFL just like the players. With all the billions they squabble over you can't solve this problem is pure greed from the NFL.

Pendragon13
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
That call definitely changed the outcome of the game..no question about it.

BwdLion73
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
NFL might like this...sorta like the old Saturday night rasslin...People are watching just to see the screw ups.

Emerson1
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Now you know how NBA fans feel on a yearly basis.

monkey rolls
09-24-2012, 11:31 PM
The head of the Austin chapter was the white hat in this game I believe.. I've had his son on a crew cost me a game, but at least he apologized.. LOL

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Twitter has blown up with this. Crazy finish

FireGraig
09-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Sadly, it was a great showing by Seattle's defense and all people will talk about is this call.

rholl
09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Lets not pretend that the regular refs werent criticized every week for blown calls and errors. The real issue here is the NFL as well as all pro sports are so big that they dont care what the fans think because at the end of the day the stadiums will still be full every single week. Let the stadiums be 25% capacity for a coupla weeks and the regular refs would be back so fast it would make ur head swim!!!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Regular refs weren't perfect, but they were a hell of a lot better than the bullcrap we've been seeing lately

regaleagle
09-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Well, I guess since it was in Seattle that must have made a difference, huh? And besides, Seattle needs the help and Green Bay doesn't, right? Right!

TexMike
09-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Every mistake you saw last night has been made by "real" NFL refs in the past. There was nothing new there other than the media-generated hysteria that so many are buying into.

coachc45
09-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Every mistake you saw last night has been made by "real" NFL refs in the past. There was nothing new there other than the media-generated hysteria that so many are buying into.

It is not that the mistakes haven't occurred with regular refs, it is the frequency in which they are occuring. In the past you might have on e controversial call per weekend. Now there are 2-3 per game. I don't watch sportscenter or the nfl pre-game shows so I don't know about the Media frenzy. I do know what I see and these refs are not NFL ready. It is hurting the game.

GUNHO
09-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I thought the replay refs in the booth were the regular NFL guys.Thought I heard that during pre-season.Aren't they the ones that make the call to overturn or let it stand?Just asking.

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 08:18 AM
You want controversy?

I think the NFL should reverse the call and the winner...

and I don't even like the cheesepackers.

jason
09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
You want controversy?

I think the NFL should reverse the call and the winner...

can the league do that?

OLE'BULL
09-25-2012, 08:35 AM
I thought the replay refs in the booth were the regular NFL guys.Thought I heard that during pre-season.Aren't they the ones that make the call to overturn or let it stand?Just asking.

Dont quote me on this but I thought I heard someone last night say that the replay officials up in the booth cannot/do not determine possesion on a TD. They are only there to determine if it was a TD based on the field officials determination of possesion. If that makes any sense. So the field officials say Tate had possesion, the replay officials confirmed that Tate was in the endzone when he "caught" it. I dont think it is possible for the replay officials to turn over the call of who had possesion. Did anyone else hear that?

Deuce
09-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Dont quote me on this but I thought I heard someone last night say that the replay officials up in the booth cannot/do not determine possesion on a TD. They are only there to determine if it was a TD based on the field officials determination of possesion. If that makes any sense. So the field officials say Tate had possesion, the replay officials confirmed that Tate was in the endzone when he "caught" it. I dont think it is possible for the replay officials to turn over the call of who had possesion. Did anyone else hear that?

You are correct. I just heard the same thing on espn radio.

OLE'BULL
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
You are correct. I just heard the same thing on espn radio.

I am not sure I agree with these procedures. That was probably one of the tougher calls to make from the field, though they should have been in position to see it. If the replay officials see something while reviewing the TD that could potentially prevent a score, or allow one for that matter, they should have the power to over turn any call made on the field as long as their is substantial evidence. It would be as simple as "After the review, it was determined Green Bay intercepted the ball and maintained possesion. They play is ruled an interception by Green Bay. Game Over."

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm not even concerned with the possession. It's the blatant pushing the cheesepacker to the ground pass interference that should've been called. Horrible calling, feel sorry for the cheeseheads.

Inmateboss
09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
You want controversy?

Blasphemy !!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

BwdLion73
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Just think....next week there will be record viewership and the money will be pouring in to the NFL. This is turning out to be their greatest season marketing tool....and it's free!

Farmersfan
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
With a little experience with the speed of the game these refs will be just as good (or bad) as the regulars. The issues being talked about these days are the same issues the regulars have had forever. but now that they are replacements the players, coaches, media and fans are all escalating the impact of these bad calls. The coaches and players are crying about every single little call that doesn't go their way these days. And it will only get worse until the NFL makes a decision to either stick with these guys for the entire season regardless of what happens with the regulars or bring the regulars back NOW! Last night's mistake was not the norm with these replacement refs. It was the exception! Of course they miss calls that the regulars might have gotten correct but they haven't had the benefit of endless weekly meeting stressing what to look for and what to let go.............. They will get better! Of course we could just let a group of overpaid officials hold the entire BILLION dollar industry called the NFL for random in order to get what they want!!!! That's a union I would break if I were Goodell. The regular refs are now demanding to be paid for games they haven't worked................ Nonsense!

jdawg2012
09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
NFL has released a statement: "After further reviewing the play, the player did not touch second base, touchdown Celtics."

:stirpot:

Z's daddy
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
The call last night was just the icing on the cake with these replacements. there is no sane person that can really compare these refs with the regular ones. Do they make mistakes? Yes. But not with this regularity. Everygame there are at least 3-4 calls are wrong, not to mention the ones that are missed. There have been more helmet to helmet no calls this year than in years past. Two this week that come to mind: 1) Ed Reed's hit in the endzone against New england. It was not a vicious hit but was towards his head. 2) The hit on Oakland's Heyward-Bay. I might be wrong, but I never saw flag thrown. They have missed several illegal chop blocks. Most notably in the same Steelers-Raiders game on Ziggy Hood. Blatant chop block that preceeded the game winning FG. Would have been 59 yards, not 44.

The owners have locked these referees out. The commissioner will always back the owners because they line each other's pockets. If the fans don't show to the games, it hurts the fans more than the owners. The owners have already pocketed the money from the ticket sales. the owners do lose the concession, parking, and souvenir sales, but the fans lose the money they spent to go to the game. If fans chose not to watch, the league still pockets the money paid by networks to televise these games. The ones who lose here are the networks with the drop in ratings. I feel that there are only two ways this will get resolved: 1) If the players and coaches chose not to play (which won't happen because they will lose money); or 2) if a star athlete is lost for the season due to the neglegent behavior of these replacements. These guys are overwhelmed by the speed of this NFL and are intimidated by the players, coaches, and yes, the fans. These are D2, D3, and NAIA referees. Just listening to them make the calls is evidence that they cannot handle the pressure or the magnitude of these games.

The regular refs are professionals. They take their job seriously. They go to clinics are speak with teams during the offseaon. they watch film on the teams they are covering for that week. I seriously doubt these replacements do all that. They are probably too busy being at a pep rally for their favorite team during the summer.

Bullaholic
09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
I predict the NFL official strike is settled in a week after lastnight.

Z's daddy
09-25-2012, 11:28 AM

I hope you are right. the sooner the better.

zebrablue2
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM

For Gods sake lets hope so! Last night took the cake!!! I give it 2 weeks. They will settle later this week, and be working the following...

upper20
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Most bothersome thing to me is that it seems no one is willing to call a penalty on the last play of the game. It is the same way in the NBA. Infractions that would have been called at any other point in the game are ignored. The explanation tends to be that the referees do not want to determine the outcome of the game. The reality is that they do just that when they do not make the call. Offensive interference on Tate was the most obvious foul on the last play - holding by lineman was apparent as well.

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I just read something that said some of these officials got cut by the lingerie football league because they weren't good enough.

This can't be real lmao

29-3aFAN
09-25-2012, 01:37 PM
NFL has released a statement: "After further reviewing the play, the player did not touch second base, touchdown Celtics."

:stirpot:
That's about right. "and no pass interference on Jeff Gordon"

Tin Cup
09-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Makes you wonder if the betting line had any influence.

Just sayin...

Inmateboss
09-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Makes you wonder if the betting line had any influence.

Just sayin...

Hummmmm, not sure!! May have to wait on broken legs and body tally to make a fair assessment!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Roughneck93
09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Most bothersome thing to me is that it seems no one is willing to call a penalty on the last play of the game. It is the same way in the NBA. Infractions that would have been called at any other point in the game are ignored. The explanation tends to be that the referees do not want to determine the outcome of the game. The reality is that they do just that when they do not make the call. Offensive interference on Tate was the most obvious foul on the last play - holding by lineman was apparent as well.

Lol, and I love how Tate denies pushing off...

http://softbodysweethearts.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/aaa-seahawkscatch_original.gif

Farmersfan
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM
The call last night was just the icing on the cake with these replacements. there is no sane person that can really compare these refs with the regular ones. Do they make mistakes? Yes. But not with this regularity. Everygame there are at least 3-4 calls are wrong, not to mention the ones that are missed. There have been more helmet to helmet no calls this year than in years past. Two this week that come to mind: 1) Ed Reed's hit in the endzone against New england. It was not a vicious hit but was towards his head. 2) The hit on Oakland's Heyward-Bay. I might be wrong, but I never saw flag thrown. They have missed several illegal chop blocks. Most notably in the same Steelers-Raiders game on Ziggy Hood. Blatant chop block that preceeded the game winning FG. Would have been 59 yards, not 44.

The owners have locked these referees out. The commissioner will always back the owners because they line each other's pockets. If the fans don't show to the games, it hurts the fans more than the owners. The owners have already pocketed the money from the ticket sales. the owners do lose the concession, parking, and souvenir sales, but the fans lose the money they spent to go to the game. If fans chose not to watch, the league still pockets the money paid by networks to televise these games. The ones who lose here are the networks with the drop in ratings. I feel that there are only two ways this will get resolved: 1) If the players and coaches chose not to play (which won't happen because they will lose money); or 2) if a star athlete is lost for the season due to the neglegent behavior of these replacements. These guys are overwhelmed by the speed of this NFL and are intimidated by the players, coaches, and yes, the fans. These are D2, D3, and NAIA referees. Just listening to them make the calls is evidence that they cannot handle the pressure or the magnitude of these games.

The regular refs are professionals. They take their job seriously. They go to clinics are speak with teams during the offseaon. they watch film on the teams they are covering for that week. I seriously doubt these replacements do all that. They are probably too busy being at a pep rally for their favorite team during the summer.

Why don't you compare these refs to the regular ones when the regulars first started calling in the NFL. It's like you expect replacement refs who have never called a NFL game to come in and be just as good as the regulars. It takes time. I say if you give these replacements a little time they will get up to speed. It isn't like the regulars were all that good themselves. The regulars have the benefit of years of weekly meetings and visiting training camps and such. The replacements have none of that benefit. And if you think there are more calls or no calls this season than in previous seasons then you obviously haven't been watching as close as I have. I would rather train up some new refs who will appreciate the cushy job they have than to fold to a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas who want to dictate their own terms. They are a expendable asset to the game and not a necessity as they would like everyone to believe. The NFL has offered their wage for being a ref in the NFL and if it's not good enough for them then let them go back to work at the car wash.........
Would YOU take the job at 60K a year for working 1 day a week????

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Why don't you compare these refs to the regular ones when the regulars first started calling in the NFL. It's like you expect replacement refs who have never called a NFL game to come in and be just as good as the regulars. It takes time. I say if you give these replacements a little time they will get up to speed.

Probably not. No amount of training can fix the morons who decided to not overturn that call last night. Maybe some glasses?

No ones saying we expect them to be as good as the regulars. We all knew this was coming at some point, we just didn't know when or to what degree. All we're saying is get the real refs back out there. Give em 10% more than what they want. Idc. Just get these numb nuts outta there

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I just read an article where the packers are thinking about taking a knee every play of every game until the referee situation is fixed.

LOL, that'd be awesome!

1st and goal
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I just read an article where the packers are thinking about taking a knee every play of every game until the referee situation is fixed.

LOL, that'd be awesome!

Just don't do it against TB.

BwdLion73
09-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Just don't do it against TB.

:clap:

99IHSMustang
09-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Why don't you compare these refs to the regular ones when the regulars first started calling in the NFL. It's like you expect replacement refs who have never called a NFL game to come in and be just as good as the regulars. It takes time. I say if you give these replacements a little time they will get up to speed. It isn't like the regulars were all that good themselves. The regulars have the benefit of years of weekly meetings and visiting training camps and such. The replacements have none of that benefit. And if you think there are more calls or no calls this season than in previous seasons then you obviously haven't been watching as close as I have. I would rather train up some new refs who will appreciate the cushy job they have than to fold to a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas who want to dictate their own terms. They are a expendable asset to the game and not a necessity as they would like everyone to believe. The NFL has offered their wage for being a ref in the NFL and if it's not good enough for them then let them go back to work at the car wash.........

And when you train up these refs and they determine that they have had to put in a lot of their own time into getting the calls right for 1 day a week and they ask for more pay.. what do you do then? Get rid of them too? The professional refs are proving their point that they are a valuable asset to the NFL. I am sure that the 60K a year is for all of the time they may spend besides just working physically that 1 day.

Z's daddy
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM

Yes when the regular refs first start off they are not the greatest. The difference is they start off at different positions on the field. They don't start off as the head referee. They also start off getting experience with an experienced crew. In this case, you have ENTIRE CREWS with ZERO EXPERIENCE. Now don't take this as shouting, just want to make sure you understand my point. I understand that the regular refs make mistakes. But to say the replacements will be just as good with time, money and resources to get them up to speed is just rediculous. The regular refs have to earn a spot. These guys were plucked from the lower college levels, because they are cheap. I know you are smart enough to know that you get what you pay for. From what I have read, the main issue is not money but benefits. The officials currently get a pension, but the league wants to switch to a 401K plan because it would save the league money. The NFL makes $9 Billion. Why doesn't the NFL compromise and say "All current officials with over 10 years of service can stay on the pension plan, and everyone else shall be moved to a 401 K plan, and we will match 50% of your current pension (in other words if you have $50K in pension, we will add $25K on top of that for your 401K). Any new officials would be enrolled into 401K." The insurance I have just went up $150 a month for me and my family and I did not change a thing. I'm not part of a union so I have no say in what I get charged for benefits. The officials are utilizing their union to get what they believe is fair (the same as most of us would do). Now refs are considered "part-time" by the NFL. However, they work "full-time" and then some during the season. I believe that the refs earn every dollar they make when you consider the constant berating they get from players, coaches, and fans, and just take it. They remain amazingly calm through it all. How many of us can say we would be that way in that type of work environment. Now compare them to the officials in the NBA and MLB. If you look at them cross-eyed or even question their calls, you get T'd up or thrown out. As for their salary, the NFL is wanting to up the salary from $149K to $189K by 2018. They do want more but have not said what that number is. These replacement refs will get better (could they get much worse). But how long are you willing to watch the product on the field suffer. One last question F-Fan: If this were your favorite team this happened to, say the Dallas Cowboys (or whoever it may be), and not the Packers; would you feel the same way? What it had been a playoff game? Or the Super Bowl? Look forward to your response.

Z's daddy
09-25-2012, 09:55 PM
On a side note, I rarely notice the refs until they miss an obvious call. You can't help but notice these replacements. And it sucks as a fan of the game, not just my team.

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2012, 11:36 PM
^ everything that guy said...

Matthew328
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Was there a bad call?? Yes without a doubt, but the bad call was the no call on the offensive pass interference not the simultaneous catch. It was a bang/bang play, BUT lets remember the play was reviewed by the replay guys who are the regular replay guys and they confirmed the call of touchdown. The whole interception/touchdown thing is way overblown by the media.

Z's daddy
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
A simultaneous catch occurs when both offensive and defensive players establish control of the ball at the same time. When did Tate ever stablish any kind of control of the football? At most he had one hand on the ball. Two calls blown. The replay official did not confirm the ruling, just that it stood. That means they feel there was not enough video proof to overturn it. I think it is total crap, but that's my opinion.

panfan
09-26-2012, 09:28 AM
The most blantant offensive pass interference and wrong call I have ever seen. Packers intercept clearly and seahawks receiver steals the ball after pushing the defensive back in front of him down. How these refs can't get together and make the right call is beyond me.

Little hump day humor to get everyone prepared for this weekend's officiating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPBcCF9yKc&feature=player_detailpage

99IHSMustang
09-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Little hump day humor to get everyone prepared for this weekend's officiating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPBcCF9yKc&feature=player_detailpage

Haha... :fnypost: That is good stuff.

Txbroadcaster
09-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Was there a bad call?? Yes without a doubt, but the bad call was the no call on the offensive pass interference not the simultaneous catch. It was a bang/bang play, BUT lets remember the play was reviewed by the replay guys who are the regular replay guys and they confirmed the call of touchdown. The whole interception/touchdown thing is way overblown by the media.

replay cannot decide simultaneous possesion

Matthew328
09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Simultaneous possession can be reviewed in the end zone, not the field of play

outlaw
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Green Bay's offensive line looks like the Cowboys'

Farmersfan
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
And when you train up these refs and they determine that they have had to put in a lot of their own time into getting the calls right for 1 day a week and they ask for more pay.. what do you do then? Get rid of them too? The professional refs are proving their point that they are a valuable asset to the NFL. I am sure that the 60K a year is for all of the time they may spend besides just working physically that 1 day.

The point is that you won't have to worry about the replacements doing this since they will know the NFL will simply "get rid of them" if they try this. If the NFL folds to the regular ref's demands now they will be subjecting themselves to these kinds of threats every time some big wig inside the union decides he can get them something else...... I say make a statement right now! "Either do the job for the money we offer or don't" But we will not be held up for ransom. Ever wonder why Walmart employees have never been to establish a union? Even whisper union and Walmart will close it down and lock the front doors...........

OLE'BULL
09-26-2012, 11:37 AM

LOL, that'd be awesome!

That cant happen! I have Aaron Rodgers and Mason Crosby on my fantasy team! Rogers has been bad enough without taking a knee

99IHSMustang
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
The point is that you won't have to worry about the replacements doing this since they will know the NFL will simply "get rid of them" if they try this. If the NFL folds to the regular ref's demands now they will be subjecting themselves to these kinds of threats every time some big wig inside the union decides he can get them something else...... I say make a statement right now! "Either do the job for the money we offer or don't" But we will not be held up for ransom. Ever wonder why Walmart employees have never been to establish a union? Even whisper union and Walmart will close it down and lock the front doors...........

I know why Wal-Mart employees can't establish a union... many of them are fired or treated like garbage if they even talk about it. Wal-Mart is a perfect example because many store managers and directors that work for them treat the employees like garbage. I worked for Wal-Mart back in the day and have talked to many others since then and there experiences were not very different from mine. Anybody that was intelligent that worked for them and was not a manager was forced out when they spoke up about policies or procedures that were not correct. I guess it is the "American Way" right? "You don't like it get the heck out".... cmon really? You have to stand up, stand your ground, and prove your point when the time is right. I belive some unions abuse that power, but I also believe that they help give employees a voice when the time is right.

Farmersfan
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I know why Wal-Mart employees can't establish a union... many of them are fired or treated like garbage if they even talk about it. Wal-Mart is a perfect example because many store managers and directors that work for them treat the employees like garbage. I worked for Wal-Mart back in the day and have talked to many others since then and there experiences were not very different from mine. Anybody that was intelligent that worked for them and was not a manager was forced out when they spoke up about policies or procedures that were not correct. I guess it is the "American Way" right? "You don't like it get the heck out".... cmon really? You have to stand up, stand your ground, and prove your point when the time is right. I belive some unions abuse that power, but I also believe that they help give employees a voice when the time is right.

I find it amazing that a 200 billion a year company that employees 1.4 million in the USA alone wouldn't stop everything and listen to all the 8.00hr cashier's opinions on their policies and procedures!!! Simply amazing!

99IHSMustang
09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I find it amazing that a 200 billion a year company that employees 1.4 million in the USA alone wouldn't stop everything and listen to all the 8.00hr cashier's opinions on their policies and procedures!!! Simply amazing!

Like I said before, it is the "American Way" :)

83Indian
09-26-2012, 06:36 PM

The Seattle receiver was underneath the Greenbay defender. The Greenbay defender had both arms around the ball to his chest. The Seattle receiver had one arm underneath the defender and you could not tell if his hand was on the ball or not. The second hand/arm was actually at one point in the air not grasping anything on the way down. When they both hit the ground, the Greenbay defender is partially laying against the Seattle players chest therefor there is 100% no way he has possession unless your saying he somehow had both hands around the ball underneath the Greenbay defender. I will agree if the referee is not in position, by the time he trots up to make the call, the Seattle receiver could have pulled the ball away. But that assumes Greenbay did not catch the ball on the way down to the ground. One referee actually signals incomplete when I think he meant touchback, the other signals touchdown. Why did they go with the one who said touchdown? Looked like two signals to me. The fact it was called a TD on the field made the replay officials probably determine inconclusive.

Who do you think has the ball on the ground in this picture? Its sure not against the Seattle players chest.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Photos-Seahawks-stun-Packers-on-final-play-3891232.php#photo-3502526

Roughneck93
09-26-2012, 07:19 PM
The Seattle receiver was underneath the Greenbay defender. The Greenbay defender had both arms around the ball to his chest. The Seattle receiver had one arm underneath the defender and you could not tell if his hand was on the ball or not. The second hand/arm was actually at one point in the air not grasping anything on the way down. When they both hit the ground, the Greenbay defender is partially laying against the Seattle players chest therefor there is 100% no way he has possession unless your saying he somehow had both hands around the ball underneath the Greenbay defender. I will agree if the referee is not in position, by the time he trots up to make the call, the Seattle receiver could have pulled the ball away. But that assumes Greenbay did not catch the ball on the way down to the ground. One referee actually signals incomplete when I think he meant touchback, the other signals touchdown. Why did they go with the one who said touchdown? Looked like two signals to me. The fact it was called a TD on the field made the replay officials probably determine inconclusive.

Who do you think has the ball on the ground in this picture? Its sure not against the Seattle players chest.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Photos-Seahawks-stun-Packers-on-final-play-3891232.php#photo-3502526

http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/repleacementrefs1.gif

GrTigers6
09-26-2012, 10:20 PM

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Photos-Seahawks-stun-Packers-on-final-play-3891232.php#photo-3502526The one official was actually stopping the clock to signal touchback, Incomplete signal is horizontal and his signal was vertical, meaning play over, change of possesion or first down

83Indian
09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/repleacementrefs1.gif

:iagree::clap:

zebrablue2
09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
The one official was actually stopping the clock to signal touchback, Incomplete signal is horizontal and his signal was vertical, meaning play over, change of possesion or first down

OK, those 2 really screwed up, case closed.. Bright side is, that call brought back the guys who really should be working!!!

Farmersfan
09-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Believe it or not, there is a long history of the regular refs missing calls just as badly as these guys missed this one. Do a little research. The problem is EVERYBODY was looking for the big screw up from these guys because the world we live in thrives on controversy. If none exists we will simply manufacture it................I'm glad the regulars are back because the learning curve for the replacements was creating a atmosphere of total anarchy on the field. If those replacement refs had actually attempted to get control of the game as so many said they needed to we would have seen twice as many penalties and ejections. The coaches and players went off the deep end with the arguing and bitching about every single call that didn't go their way. The NFL could have funded their pension plan just from the fines they could have issued....

Phil C
09-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Looks like an agreement was reached. Sure the replacements were not as competent as the regular experienced refs. It is just as the media said they were treated like substitute teachers and the coaches and players are still resposible for displaying bad behavioer. They intimiidated and disrespected them and brought out the worse. I remember when I was a kid when we had a substitute teacher the principal Mr. Thomas came in and introduced the the teacher and said "I expect you be at your best behavior today." We knew he meant what he said and knew the consequences would not be pleasant so we wisely did as he instructed.

Phil C
09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I bet people will be complaining about the regular refs starting tonight.

Farmersfan
09-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a game altering bad call and yet people won't be raising the kind of hell they raised with the replacements.

Bullaholic
09-27-2012, 02:05 PM

I bet they will cheer them even if they came out nekkid, Phil.....:D

GrTigers6
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we see a game altering bad call and yet people won't be raising the kind of hell they raised with the replacements.That is the nature of people these days. Its even filtering down to theJH/ high school level. I have heard more yelling at officials this year than I have in the past. Even little stuff like this lady tuesday was complaining of a holding on a 7th grade c team game where the kid being held wasnt even trying to do anything and it was well away from the play. But she persisted almost to the point that Admin had to get involved.

GrTigers6
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I bet they will cheer them even if they came out nekkid, Phil.....:DThe female one for sure. She was kinda Cute!:evilgrin:

Saggy Aggie
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we see a game altering bad call and yet people won't be raising the kind of hell they raised with the replacements.

Probably not, considering I have never seen anything like what happened Monday night in all my years of watching football. The real refs would've at least overturned the call after reviewing it.

83Indian
09-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Probably not, considering I have never seen anything like what happened Monday night in all my years of watching football. The real refs would've at least overturned the call after reviewing it.

:iagree: