PDA

View Full Version : Dirty play in the NFL

Gontex
09-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I cannot recall ever seeing a season where there has been so much dirty play in the NFL. Some of those guys have lost all sense of professionalism. It's starting to resemble a gangfight without guns and knives. NFL's product is being reduced in quality while we watch. It's getting so bad that I don't even want to watch it any more.

TexMike
09-24-2012, 10:37 PM
The lame excuse many of them are making is that since the replacement refs are not stopping them ,, guys are doing this BS and therefore the other guys "have to" retaliate since the refs are not doing anything. They are trying to see what they can get away with.

Gontex
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
The lame excuse many of them are making is that since the replacement refs are not stopping them ,, guys are doing this BS and therefore the other guys "have to" retaliate since the refs are not doing anything. They are trying to see what they can get away with.

And it is literally changing the way the game is played. Throw a cheap shot. You might get away with it. Scream at the officials and try to intimidate them. Both players and coaches are guilty of this. They are seriously undermining the authority of the officials. It's going to take lots of flags and maybe even some suspensions to quiet this behavior.

Red&White_9x5
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
There is no excuse for these guys not doing the right thing and not acting professionally. BUT, until the replacement refs get their act together and get control of the game, this stuff will continue to go on. Roger Goddell needs to get this whole thing under control before it is too late and that time is fast approaching. The continuous lack of control and blatently obvious bad call are going to continue to make the situation worse week after week. I hate to say it, but I think it is going to get worse long before it gets better!

Old Tiger
09-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I think the stuff has always gone on now it just gets pointed out more because Goodell has created that culture about alleged safety.

Pirate Fan
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Guess they were watching The Alvarado and China Spring game.

LionFan72
09-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Dirty play = replacement refs. Too much and the league is allowing it to happen. It is a game, the best conditioned and prepared athletes should win fairly, and not be left to the control of high school/mid college refs. Ridiculous!