PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside at Cuero

MUSTANG69
09-23-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't think the Mustangs have ever beaten the Gobblers. Cuero has homefield advantage. This could be a tough one for the Mustangs. I think if the Stangs play like they did in Beeville we just might break that win streak of Cuero's over Ingleside.

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, this will be a good one. Not sure when a team down south has beaten Cuero, in Cuero though.

crabman
09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
You think I am crazy but I am still telling you, Cuero is a pretty good football team. Fumbles and dropped passes continue to plague us. Football is simple. Pitch and catch. We do the complex things. We keep screwing up the simple things. If we start protecting the football, watch out. Somebody is going to get a lot of frustration taken out on them.

BigGreen61
09-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Yes, this will be a good one. Not sure when a team down south has beaten Cuero, in Cuero though.

I don't think the Mustangs have ever beaten the Gobblers. Cuero has homefield advantage. This could be a tough one for the Mustangs. I think if the Stangs play like they did in Beeville we just might break that win streak of Cuero's over Ingleside.
Iam taking the Gobblers by a Gobble in this one because of homefield & homecoming.

99IHSMustang
09-23-2012, 07:38 PM

These were my thoughts as well. Cuero has had Ingleside's number every time they have met on the field. I believe that if Ingleside players and coaches bring their A game they will be successful. I like how well the defense has been playing since getting handled by Refugio.

MUSTANG69
09-23-2012, 08:30 PM
These were my thoughts as well. Cuero has had Ingleside's number every time they have met on the field. I believe that if Ingleside players and coaches bring their A game they will be successful. I like how well the defense has been playing since getting handled by Refugio.

I don't know when Snodgrass will be back. He did not play against Beeville. Connor Bearden hurt his knee in the Beeville game. That is 2 very big pieces of our defensive line.

MustangFootball
09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Cuero always has Ingleside's number just like Ingleside has had Beeville's number the last 3 years. This game is gonna be close I'm gonna say the Mustangs get over the hump this year in a close one. The loss of Snodgrass and Bearden are gonna hurt. I think Terrance will be back for this game on defense only.

MUSTANG69
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Cuero always has Ingleside's number just like Ingleside has had Beeville's number the last 3 years. This game is gonna be close I'm gonna say the Mustangs get over the hump this year in a close one. The loss of Snodgrass and Bearden are gonna hurt. I think Terrance will be back for this game on defense only.

I think it is better to sit them down and hope they will be ready for district. I also heard that Terrance will be back on defense only.

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm with Crabman in this one. Someone is gonna pay. Cuero and Ingleside score at will. Gob's win in a thriller, 41-40. Happy Homecoming Cuero!!!!!

99IHSMustang
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know when Snodgrass will be back. He did not play against Beeville. Connor Bearden hurt his knee in the Beeville game. That is 2 very big pieces of our defensive line.

That is a shame. so many teams this season have lost players to injury. I hope they all make a full recovery during the regular season.

1stnurseryman
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Cuero has yet to play 4 Q of good football.. If and when they do it'll take a good team to beat them. If they don't an average team can beat them all day long.

sinfan75
09-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Normally Id pick Cuero, but I'm goin with (I can't believe I'm doin this) Ingleside.

Dawgfan64
09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Normally Id pick Cuero, but I'm goin with (I can't believe I'm doin this) Ingleside.

I have to go with Sinfan on this one...this could be the year that Cuero goes 1-9. Heads will fall long before that though. Ingleside is salty and the Gobblers haven't been able to put a whole game together...even in their win over Wharton. Ingleside by a touch

Old Green
09-24-2012, 06:55 AM
You think I am crazy but I am still telling you, Cuero is a pretty good football team. Fumbles and dropped passes continue to plague us. Football is simple. Pitch and catch. We do the complex things. We keep screwing up the simple things. If we start protecting the football, watch out. Somebody is going to get a lot of frustration taken out on them.:iagree:

Old Green
09-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Cuero has yet to play 4 Q of good football.. If and when they do it'll take a good team to beat them. If they don't an average team can beat them all day long.:ditto: The Gobblers seem to fall asleep at the most critical times. Moving the ball well then mistakes, fumbles, and dropped passes when wide open. I still think they will have a few complete games though.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
:ditto: The Gobblers seem to fall asleep at the most critical times. Moving the ball well then mistakes, fumbles, and dropped passes when wide open. I still think they will have a few complete games though.

We seem to be in the same boat OG. I just don't get it.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 07:47 AM
:ditto: The Gobblers seem to fall asleep at the most critical times. Moving the ball well then mistakes, fumbles, and dropped passes when wide open. I still think they will have a few complete games though.

The first 2 games of the season that I watched, that seemed to be the case for the Ingleside offense as well. It is frustrating as heck watching. I bet it is even more so for the players.

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
The first 2 games of the season that I watched, that seemed to be the case for the Ingleside offense as well. It is frustrating as heck watching. I bet it is even more so for the players.

That was true for the third game against Odem, also. Against Beeville the offense seemed to have come together. I think the play calling was better against Beeville. It seemed to be more diversified.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 08:06 AM
That was true for the third game against Odem, also. Against Beeville the offense seemed to have come together. I think the play calling was better against Beeville. It seemed to be more diversified.

Now that pre-district is wrapping up hopefully they have begun to tailor their strengths on how the offense is run. I could understand trying to determine that for the first 2-3 weeks.

Phil C
09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Ingleside wins a close game 28 to 22.

AP Panther Fan
09-24-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll take Cuero by a TD.:1popcorn:

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM

I wouldn't expect less from a Bayr_t.

BigGreen61
09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I have to go with Sinfan on this one...this could be the year that Cuero goes 1-9. Heads will fall long before that though. Ingleside is salty and the Gobblers haven't been able to put a whole game together...even in their win over Wharton. Ingleside by a touch

1-9 Really?? You won't feel that way after DQ GAME OF THE WEEK on Oct 19:tisk:

AP Panther Fan
09-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't expect less from a Bayr_t.

Make that Cuero by 2 TD's.:cool:

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 12:55 PM

:doh:

AP Panther Fan
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
:doh:

Let me know when you are ready for my 30-3a district predictions.....:wave:

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM

:fnypost:

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM

We've been anxiously waiting for weeks now.:)

AP Panther Fan
09-24-2012, 01:05 PM
We've been anxiously waiting for weeks now.:)

Well, since you asked....

Sinton
Orange Grove
Ingleside
Rockport
Robstown
West Oso

Keep messing with me and I will flip Ingleside and Rockport....lol

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Well now that AP is not in 30-3A, you can put us in the spot they would have gotten, which is drum roll please.... last place. :)

AP Panther Fan
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Well now that AP is not in 30-3A, you can put us in the spot they would have gotten, which is drum roll please.... last place. :)

ouch....you really hurt my feelings....NOT!:p

I bet maroon is a good color on you.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Damn, Padilla has little faith in the Gob's dominance over teams from the South. And, even on their home turf.

REGION IV DISTRICT 26
Ingleside over Cuero by 22
Gonzales v College Station -- NR
La Grange over Canyon Lake by 16
Yoakum over Rice Consolidated (2A) by 12

22 point underdogs at home? NO WAY!!!! Really, that bad? Still like the Gob's by 1 point, in a high scoring affair, victory.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
ouch....you really hurt my feelings....NOT!:p

I bet maroon is a good color on you.

Not really.

cboycansurvive
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM

The last time I checked Beeville is south and look what happened in that game.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM

This is true... :iagree:

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 02:48 PM

:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Yes, you are correct. But, they are one of those tough 4A's ain't they? Anyone know the last time they lost at home to a 3A team from the south?

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, you are correct. But, they are one of those tough 4A's ain't they? Anyone know the last time they lost at home to a 3A team from the south?

This doesn't translate to Ingleside winning, but Ingleside just beat Beeville. Ingleside is going to have to play a good game like they did against Beeville to win.

maroonpunt
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I have to go with Ingleside. I think Cuero, with no blinders on here, is not very good. Talking to a former gobbler who has been to all the sub v games this year, not a whole lot coming up. It happens, everywhere!! Hold tight and things will get better. Keep supporting the kids is the main thing!

Phil C
09-24-2012, 04:16 PM
This just an off year for Cuero. They will be back strong.

MustangFootball
09-24-2012, 06:19 PM
:1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:I believe this is gonna be Ingleside's toughest game since that disastrous game in week 0 against Refugio, Ingleside has been improving every week. still not quite where they need to be, considering they were in the red zone twice last week against Beeville and came away with no points. Replacing one or two WR/DB is hard enough, but 3 talented guys is just difficult. And that seems to be the case in Ingleside. I think this is gonna be a very tough game for Ingleside and they need to go in focused cause at the end of the day this is still Cuero and they always have our number.:1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes, you are correct. But, they are one of those tough 4A's ain't they? Anyone know the last time they lost at home to a 3A team from the south?Cuero vs Sinton series, Cuero leads 8-6. 5 game win streak for Cuero , before that Sinton had the win streak.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
:1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:I believe this is gonna be Ingleside's toughest game since that disastrous game in week 0 against Refugio, Ingleside has been improving every week. still not quite where they need to be, considering they were in the red zone twice last week against Beeville and came away with no points. Replacing one or two WR/DB is hard enough, but 3 talented guys is just difficult. And that seems to be the case in Ingleside. I think this is gonna be a very tough game for Ingleside and they need to go in focused cause at the end of the day this is still Cuero and they always have our number.:1popcorn:

Who are all of the players that are going to be out?

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Cuero vs Sinton series, Cuero leads 8-6. 5 game win streak for Cuero , before that Sinton had the win streak.

Thanks for info Sinton. Interesting.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Damn, Padilla has little faith in the Gob's dominance over teams from the South. And, even on their home turf.

REGION IV DISTRICT 26
Ingleside over Cuero by 22
Gonzales v College Station -- NR
La Grange over Canyon Lake by 16
Yoakum over Rice Consolidated (2A) by 12

22 point underdogs at home? NO WAY!!!! Really, that bad? Still like the Gob's by 1 point, in a high scoring affair, victory.

Harris has Ingelside by 11. Not sure which source is more accurate. I just can't see Cuero losing this one at home, period.

MustangFootball
09-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Who are all of the players that are going to be out?
I haven't heard anything, if I had to guess I would probably say OL Bearden and DL Snodgrass. I think Terrance will be back on defense playing corner with a cast on. Should be interesting to see how our line holds up.

99IHSMustang
09-24-2012, 09:33 PM
I haven't heard anything, if I had to guess I would probably say OL Bearden and DL Snodgrass. I think Terrance will be back on defense playing corner with a cast on. Should be interesting to see how our line holds up.

Sounds likes some players are going to have to step up until these guys get healthy.

FireGraig
09-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Everything I've seen and heard says Cuero is the worst they've been in memory. But on the road, missing linemen it will be interesting. Barrolle has proven he doesn't need blocking to make plays. I'm going Cuero for the sake of tradition.

pancho villa
09-25-2012, 07:51 AM
The beer joints in Cuero going to be hoppin before and after the game Friday night. Them Ingleside women like their partying!

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 08:02 AM
The beer joints in Cuero going to be hoppin before and after the game Friday night. Them Ingleside women like their partying!

Pancho, what is your problem with parying women, and women who chew tobacco.

In brazoria county, are you telling me that women don't dring or party? I don't want to go there then.

pancho villa
09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Pancho, what is your problem with parying women, and women who chew tobacco.

In brazoria county, are you telling me that women don't dring or party? I don't want to go there then.

Who said I had a problem with it?

pancho villa
09-25-2012, 08:17 AM

I love trashy women!

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 08:17 AM

Over the years on this board, there has been an implied negative implication in your post. If you like them, then they sure wouldn't like the way you show it.

99IHSMustang
09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Everything I've seen and heard says Cuero is the worst they've been in memory. But on the road, missing linemen it will be interesting. Barrolle has proven he doesn't need blocking to make plays. I'm going Cuero for the sake of tradition.

Standard

pancho villa
09-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Over the years on this board, there has been an implied negative implication in your post. If you like them, then they sure wouldn't like the way you show it.

http://thefacts.com/news/article_be772526-06c6-11e2-873a-001a4bcf887a.html
This is how we roll in Brazoria county.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Is Cuero finally at full strength? I know the sophomore RB has been out. Hope he's back? Great kid and runner, and will only help Blake Reeve in the Gob's passing attack IMO. Makes teams respect both attacks, air and ground.

Like Crabman pointed out, and I concur, Cuero is about to make someone pay for their frustrations. Based on predictions (Harris poll has Ingelside favored by 11, Padilla poll has Ingelside favored by 22) I don't see it being that large a margin either way. Nick and tuck all night, and team with less mistakes win this one late. Cuero, 41-40.

SintonFan
09-25-2012, 10:29 AM
I can see Inlgleside winning this.
Cuero lost to Beeville, next week Ingleside beat Beeville. (yeah I know, comparisons don't always convey results between head to head, but can't ignore this)
Mustangs by 14 over Gobblers.

Old Green
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Is Cuero finally at full strength? I know the sophomore RB has been out. Hope he's back? Great kid and runner, and will only help Blake Reeve in the Gob's passing attack IMO. Makes teams respect both attacks, air and ground.

Like Crabman pointed out, and I concur, Cuero is about to make someone pay for their frustrations. Based on predictions (Harris poll has Ingelside favored by 11, Padilla poll has Ingelside favored by 22) I don't see it being that large a margin either way. Nick and tuck all night, and team with less mistakes win this one late. Cuero, 41-40.I don't know if they are full strength yet. Starting LB went out before halftime limping and didn't come back for the rest of the game.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I can see Inlgleside winning this.
Cuero lost to Beeville, next week Ingleside beat Beeville. (yeah I know, comparisons don't always convey results between head to head, but can't ignore this)
Mustangs by 14 over Gobblers.

If that happens SintonFan, the natives in Cuero will be in a uproar. Based on several stating all they needed was a new coach and QB, a loss here will not go over good. If Cuero ever needed a win, it's now for sure just to gain some confidence heading into district.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't know if they are full strength yet. Starting LB went out before halftime limping and didn't come back for the rest of the game.

Is that RB back Val?

99IHSMustang
09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
If that happens SintonFan, the natives in Cuero will be in a uproar. Based on several stating all they needed was a new coach and QB, a loss here will not go over good. If Cuero ever needed a win, it's now for sure just to gain some confidence heading into district.

I get the distinct feeling that you believe that a loss here by Cuero = losing to a bad team. Ingleside is not a powerhouse by any means, but they are a good team.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I get the distinct feeling that you believe that a loss here by Cuero = losing to a bad team. Ingleside is not a powerhouse by any means, but they are a good team.

No not at all. Thus why I say it will be close. Ingelside the best opponent, along with Wharton, they have played. I'm fully aware IS is a solid club. But, Cuero at home is tough. Or, use to be.

Old Green
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
If that happens SintonFan, the natives in Cuero will be in a uproar. Based on several stating all they needed was a new coach and QB, a loss here will not go over good. If Cuero ever needed a win, it's now for sure just to gain some confidence heading into district.I hope the fans don't hold the coach responsible. He doesn't play the game. The players need to put out more effort and concentrate on their assignments. The turnovers,dropped passes, and penalties at the most inappropriate time is what's killing them. The offense as a whole is averaging close to 330 yards a game. In the Wharton game, the gobblers looked like their old self moving the ball at will only to fumble on the 4, 6, and 8 yard lines. It been the same every game except against Somerset. The Gobbler faithful see this and keep hoping for the kids to start playing a complete game. Sure the Gobblers are down as far as talent but, if the kids play up to their potential they could be very competitive. Not like 3 years ago and before but enough to give the other teams a very hard time. Most everyone here knows we're not a playoff team this year. The goal is not to finish last this year.

Old Green
09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
I've heard there's a strong possibility. He's taken a few reps in practice. @ (YTB)

99IHSMustang
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I hope the fans don't hold the coach responsible. He doesn't play the game. The players need to put out more effort and concentrate on their assignments. The turnovers,dropped passes, and penalties at the most inappropriate time is what's killing them. The offense as a whole is averaging close to 330 yards a game. In the Wharton game, the gobblers looked like their old self moving the ball at will only to fumble on the 4, 6, and 8 yard lines. It been the same every game except against Somerset. The Gobbler faithful see this and keep hoping for the kids to start playing a complete game. Sure the Gobblers are down as far as talent but, if the kids play up to their potential they could be very competitive. Not like 3 years ago and before but enough to give the other teams a very hard time. Most everyone here knows we're not a playoff team this year. The goal is not to finish last this year.

:2thumbsup . Well said.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope the fans don't hold the coach responsible. He doesn't play the game. The players need to put out more effort and concentrate on their assignments. The turnovers,dropped passes, and penalties at the most inappropriate time is what's killing them. The offense as a whole is averaging close to 330 yards a game. In the Wharton game, the gobblers looked like their old self moving the ball at will only to fumble on the 4, 6, and 8 yard lines. It been the same every game except against Somerset. The Gobbler faithful see this and keep hoping for the kids to start playing a complete game. Sure the Gobblers are down as far as talent but, if the kids play up to their potential they could be very competitive. Not like 3 years ago and before but enough to give the other teams a very hard time. Most everyone here knows we're not a playoff team this year. The goal is not to finish last this year.

I can't remember cause it has been a year already, and didn't care as much before you were in our district. But like I have said on here to one of your other posters, what a difference in your attitude from last year to this year in supporting your coach. Where were you with this statement last year. They had a year same or better than this one you are working on, without as quality a qb, and the coach was the only problem yall would admit to. This year, I guess you have who you wanted from the start, you have a better qb, and you are pointing out a good point, that the coaches can't play for the kids. Technically in your post you explained some of the same problems that plagued your team last year. The year before your stud rb gets hurt, and you go 3 rounds w/o him, then last year you had a below average year and it was the coaches fault, now you have a below average year with slightly better athletes and it is the kids faults for not executing. I bet last years coach is wondering where you were with this statement last year. Maybe you were there, and you just happened to be in the minority, if so not your fault??

cboycansurvive
09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't remember cause it has been a year already, and didn't care as much before you were in our district. But like I have said on here to one of your other posters, what a difference in your attitude from last year to this year in supporting your coach. Where were you with this statement last year. They had a year same or better than this one you are working on, without as quality a qb, and the coach was the only problem yall would admit to. This year, I guess you have who you wanted from the start, you have a better qb, and you are pointing out a good point, that the coaches can't play for the kids. Technically in your post you explained some of the same problems that plagued your team last year. The year before your stud rb gets hurt, and you go 3 rounds w/o him, then last year you had a below average year and it was the coaches fault, now you have a below average year with slightly better athletes and it is the kids faults for not executing. I bet last years coach is wondering where you were with this statement last year. Maybe you were there, and you just happened to be in the minority, if so not your fault??

Well said!

Snotbubbles
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM

No, 95% of them threw Coach Owens under the bus, and was really cruel to him, blaming him, and his offense style for the pitiful season. Rick is in a better place in Sinton now. Poor escape goat. I'm sure some of them will blame Reeve before this season is over too. Just don't have the talent folks. It happens. The talent seems a few years away I hear.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
No, 95% of them threw Coach Owens under the bus, and was really cruel to him, blaming him, and his offense style for the pitiful season. Rick is in a better place in Sinton now. Poor escape goat. I'm sure some of them will blame Reeve before this season is over too. Just don't have the talent folks. It happens. The talent seems a few years away I hear.

So I am not the only outsider that has seen the craziness in Cuero posters over the last year or so? PHEW, was starting to think I was the crazy one. Now don't you all jump on that last sentence too hard, I am a very fragile person.:wave:

Old Green
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I can't remember cause it has been a year already, and didn't care as much before you were in our district. But like I have said on here to one of your other posters, what a difference in your attitude from last year to this year in supporting your coach. Where were you with this statement last year. They had a year same or better than this one you are working on, without as quality a qb, and the coach was the only problem yall would admit to. This year, I guess you have who you wanted from the start, you have a better qb, and you are pointing out a good point, that the coaches can't play for the kids. Technically in your post you explained some of the same problems that plagued your team last year. The year before your stud rb gets hurt, and you go 3 rounds w/o him, then last year you had a below average year and it was the coaches fault, now you have a below average year with slightly better athletes and it is the kids faults for not executing. I bet last years coach is wondering where you were with this statement last year. Maybe you were there, and you just happened to be in the minority, if so not your fault??I backed the coach last year. Been too busy with family in out of the hospital to look it up. But I wholeheartedly back the coach last year.

In 2010, the Gobblers still had some talent even after the Rb injured. 2011 Star running backs gets kicked off the team. No one left with the potential to really be a good team. I think where most fans became disillusioned with the coach was the use of the Qb that couldn't run, pass, or make decisions. The back up Qb was better at passing, running, and making plays. Heard it all last year, why doesn't he start the backup. That's where the fallout came from. But I was one of the few who was still in his corner despite him keeping the Qb of his choice.

Old Green
09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
No, 95% of them threw Coach Owens under the bus, and was really cruel to him, blaming him, and his offense style for the pitiful season. Rick is in a better place in Sinton now. Poor escape goat. I'm sure some of them will blame Reeve before this season is over too. Just don't have the talent folks. It happens. The talent seems a few years away I hear.We have 10 Sophomores on Varsity. Our JV is undefeated. Next year will be different.

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I backed the coach last year. Been too busy with family in out of the hospital to look it up. But I wholeheartedly back the coach last year.

In 2010, the Gobblers still had some talent even after the Rb injured. 2011 Star running backs gets kicked off the team. No one left with the potential to really be a good team. I think where most fans became disillusioned with the coach was the use of the Qb that couldn't run, pass, or make decisions. The back up Qb was better at passing, running, and making plays. Heard it all last year, why doesn't he start the backup. That's where the fallout came from. But I was one of the few who was still in his corner despite him keeping the Qb of his choice.

I believe and applaud you, the rest are crazys. Spoiled by winning every year for decades, then on top of that, think they are better coaches than the coaches. Crazys.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
So I am not the only outsider that has seen the craziness in Cuero posters over the last year or so? PHEW, was starting to think I was the crazy one. Now don't you all jump on that last sentence too hard, I am a very fragile person.:wave:

Plus 1 here.

Old Green
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I believe and applaud you, the rest are crazys. Spoiled by winning every year for decades, then on top of that, think they are better coaches than the coaches. Crazys.Thanks. I've been around long enough to see the good and the bad years. It's happened before, it will happen again.

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Damn did not notice Padilla poll has Cuero losing by 22.

SintonFan
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks. I've been around long enough to see the good and the bad years. It's happened before, it will happen again.

I'll back you up OG. We have talked plenty over the years about the highs and lows of both our team's present and past. You are a great fan and as knowledgeable as any one I have seen from Cuero. buff4ever, you won't meet a more honest man than Val.

MUSTANG69
09-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Places to eat in Cuero before the game?

MustangFootball
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
What's the forecast in Cuero country? They are calling for light rain down here on Friday.

BigGreen61
09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
What's the forecast in Cuero country? They are calling for light rain down here on Friday.
I guess a wet football will help both teams lol.

MustangFootball
09-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I guess a wet football will help both teams lol.

Yeeeeah, that wouldn't be good, hoping for good football weather. It was awesome weather in Beeville last week.

MUSTANG69
09-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeeeeah, that wouldn't be good, hoping for good football weather. It was awesome weather in Beeville last week.

Weather Channel forecast for Cuero area tomorrow. Day-30% chance rain and 88 degrees. Night-50% chance rain and 72 degrees.
Could be a wet game.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Naw, we don't get that stuff here.:crying: Better chance we'll get it Saturday. I hope. So dry here, the pissants, can't piss.

99IHSMustang
09-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Good luck tonight Mustangs. I hope this is an injury free game on both sides.

BigGreen61
09-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Good luck tonight Mustangs. I hope this is an injury free game on both sides.

Iam going with my Gobblers tonight if they catch the ball & we spread the ball around to everybody & play 4 Qtrs. The Seniors need to step up & that include my son.

MUSTANG69
09-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Iam going with my Gobblers tonight if they catch the ball & we spread the ball around to everybody & play 4 Qtrs. The Seniors need to step up & that include my son.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a close one. Hoping for no injuries and a great game. I'm getting ready to head out and visit my mother this afternoon in Victoria, then dinner at Ruby's in Cuero and then off to the game.

Sinton94
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM

Sinton in the 2000 playoffs

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, I see a solid game by both and predict a high scoring affair. Very entertaining to the many fan's packing Gobbler Stadium. Good luck to both.

Sinton94
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM

Cant speak too anything that happend in Cuero, but I do know that Coach Owens is Fine man and a Great Coach! Sinton is very, very lucky to have him! :clap:

pirate4state
09-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Cant speak too anything that happend in Cuero, but I do know that Coach Owens is Fine man and a Great Coach! Sinton is very, very lucky to have him! :clap:

I second that! :2thumbsup

1stnurseryman
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
We're happy for y'all too.

29-3aFAN
09-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Ingleside by 17

rojosgirl
09-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Rick Owens is a fine man. :clap:

raider red 2000
09-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Places to eat in Cuero before the game?

Don Bravos was my favorite place to eat, but it closed.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Light rain around Cuero. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?location=USAR0336&weather=hdRadarSmoothPaletteA

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I think the game might be a wash.

http://www.espncorpus.com/ is now talking about Ingleside/Cuero.

99IHSMustang
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Anyone getting score updates to this game?

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
6-0 Ingleside just before the half.

99IHSMustang
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
6-0 Ingleside just before the half.

I forgot that I could listen to the game.... doh:doh:

99IHSMustang
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Listening now.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Listening now.

*Like* rofl!

big daddy russ
09-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Listening now.

Link?

big daddy russ
09-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Updates?

KingRob
09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Link?

Go to Gobblersports.com. You can listen to the game on the live feed.

LET'S GO CUERO!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

KingRob
09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Cuero - 13
Ingleside - 6

Gobblers have the ball, 3rd down at the 40.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Ingleside takes over at their own 25.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Game is just beginning.

big daddy russ
09-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Go to Gobblersports.com. You can listen to the game on the live feed.

LET'S GO CUERO!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Thanks!

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Get a stop here and drive down the field for a tie to win it in OT, Mustangs!

99IHSMustang
09-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Cuero converts on 3rd and a couple and that should be the ball game. Cuero is up 21 - 14. Tough break for the Mustangs. Can't seem to get over the Cuero hump. :)

congrats on the win Gobblers.

big daddy russ
09-28-2012, 10:34 PM
That looks like it's all she wrote.

Congrats, Cuero. Helluva game.

21-14 Gobs

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Why to go Gobs. Congrats.

MustangFootball
09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Congrats Cuero on y'all big win.

crabman
09-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I knew Cuero was capable of a win in this game. Glad to see it turn out the way it did. One thing I am sure all of the Cuero and Ingle side posters will agree on is that was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen and Cuero was the beneficiary of most of those calls. The average age of those refs was easily over 65 and maybe approaching 70. The main referee reminded me of Tim Conway on the old Carol Burnett show. He took 3"-4" steps as he shuffled along. Delay of game was never a problem. They rarely started the play clock until the offense broke the huddle.

Despite that, congrats to the Gobblers. Defense looked better last night. We have the week off before traveling to Giddings. Hopkins was in uniform last night so we know he remembers how to put on the uniform. You can bet we will look different with him back in uniform. Nobody has seen him this year including Gobbler fans. Should be exciting.

raider red 2000
09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Good job gobbler D. Ingleside had some explosive athletes when we played them. Way to step up and get a W.

Blue42
09-29-2012, 06:44 PM
For all of you who think most fans hated Rick you are absolutely wrong .The reason that most wanted Travis was that he ran the O through our winning years and was the most qualified to just step in to his dads shoes .Rick is and will always be a good man in my book just not my choice as head coach as the whole time he was at Cuero before he became AD/HC he had never called a Varsity play he was pushed into that position and the rest of the Cuero fans know what I mean. I for one feel that this year we can win every game we have left to play with the leadership and boys we have right now. And for those of you who think we have nothing coming up you need to watch our 8th grade team WOW is all I can say look for about 4 Freshmen on next year’s team.

CaliforniaTexan
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
For all of you who think most fans hated Rick you are absolutely wrong .The reason that most wanted Travis was that he ran the O through our winning years and was the most qualified to just step in to his dads shoes .Rick is and will always be a good man in my book just not my choice as head coach as the whole time he was at Cuero before he became AD/HC he had never called a Varsity play he was pushed into that position and the rest of the Cuero fans know what I mean. I for one feel that this year we can win every game we have left to play with the leadership and boys we have right now. And for those of you who think we have nothing coming up you need to watch our 8th grade team WOW is all I can say look for about 4 Freshmen on next year’s team.

Owens threw his hat in the mix for AD which made Younger Reeve leave. Owens shouldnt have been AD and look what happened. Two Losing seasons and now he is out.

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Owens threw his hat in the mix for AD which made Younger Reeve leave. Owens shouldnt have been AD and look what happened. Two Losing seasons and now he is out.

Two losing sesons? I thought he made the 3rd round of the playoffs his first year, then a had a losing year similar to this one. If that is the case, being one and done, I wonder if Reeves is working on his resume? Prolly not, he was the chosen one right.

I am sure he is a good coach, dealing with similar issues the previous coach had, down talent, especially for a talent filled cuero. Funny you make your first post that. It took you 7 - 8 months to figure out how to say that I guess. Once again, glad you guys are in our district, you keep things interesting, even when you are seemingly down. You have been full of drama on this board for a while now, and the way you have put your own spin on the two years is quite comical.

I wonder what some of the faithfuls in Cuero think, that don't post the dirty laundry on here.....44inrow, amongst others.

BigGreen61
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Two losing sesons? I thought he made the 3rd round of the playoffs his first year, then a had a losing year similar to this one. If that is the case, being one and done, I wonder if Reeves is working on his resume? Prolly not, he was the chosen one right.

I am sure he is a good coach, dealing with similar issues the previous coach had, down talent, especially for a talent filled cuero. Funny you make your first post that. It took you 7 - 8 months to figure out how to say that I guess. Once again, glad you guys are in our district, you keep things interesting, even when you are seemingly down. You have been full of drama on this board for a while now, and the way you have put your own spin on the two years is quite comical.

I wonder what some of the faithfuls in Cuero think, that don't post the dirty laundry on here.....44inrow, amongst others.
BUFF4 Cuero will be fine & you will see for ur self on Oct 12th in ur backyard. I guarantee we will show up & give u 4Qtr of hell.

1stnurseryman
10-02-2012, 01:05 PM
The Cuero faithful are not going to come on here and make an ass out of themselves like you keep doing buff4ever. You know every village has an idiot and it's obvious ur the chosen one for ur's.

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Fair enough, but I was actually implying that you have a few village idiots I guess in your words saying one thing last year, and denying that you were wrong in saying that there was talent last year when there clearly wasn't. You have upgraded at qb and you are in same boat. Maybe Reeves is a better fit because he was your chosen one from the beginning, but that doesn't mean you were right last year in blaming your head coach solely for your losses. Now this year the same village idiots, come on and say that the coaches can't play for the kids, don't blame the coaches.

I was implying if some of the faithfuls from Cuero, not the village idiots (your own words, not mine) would post, I am sure that there would be more sense to the messages than what we have gotten from the village idiots over the past couple years.

I know that you guys are going to come here and play your butts off next week, it is district, they get a fresth start against a new district foe with an opportunity to try and turn things around. If we beat you, which I feel like we will, it will be the start to a long hard district run for you guys. I am not saying that you guys can't be competitive, I haven't seen you last year or this year play a single game, I am just not the village idiot that believes a town can never have a couple years with down talent. I am not even the outsider village idiot that is telling you that you have the wrong guy, he might be a better coach than your last one, but still the village idiot (still your words) attitude was wrong.

1stnurseryman
10-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Not going to waste anymore time on this with u.. Only thing I'll say is hasn't anyone from Cuero come on here and agreed with u..Something for u to think about, maybe our last AD wasn't let go because of our record but because of what he allowed to happen.

1stnurseryman
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Also if u can show me a post were I've " aired out any dirty laundry" I'll by u a beer in 2 weeks. By the way I've been on here for 6 years.

buff4ever
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Also if u can show me a post were I've " aired out any dirty laundry" I'll by u a beer in 2 weeks. By the way I've been on here for 6 years.

Look, I will back off, you guys don't seem to get the only thing that is funny from an outsider. I am not going to argue that you may have a better coach now than you did last year. I also don't have any idea what he may have allowed to happen, lord knows Giddings has gone through a situation where there was obviously a lot of things going on, it is in the past, we are happy and you guys probably are as well.

The only thing that is funny, is last year to off the guy you didn't want you dogged coaching and said you were as loaded with talent as usual. This year you contradict that and say that the talent isn't there don't blame the coach. You have given him every excuse in the book and will do the right thing and give him a chance to grow the program the way he should. With what you guys were airing last year about your coach and program, you never gave the man a chance. Who knows why, but if you are going to call someone out on here, do it correctly, not indirectly which is what I assume happened last year. You all were just looking to criticize something about him to off him. Once again, I don't really care the reasons or which is better, I just find the contradictions a little funny from the outside. Once again, you weren't even in our district last year, but I read enough of it at a glance last year because you guys are Cuero. Don't tell me I didn't read some dirty laundry last year, cause I am not a "village idiot" that can't remember what I read last year.

now I'm gonna kid with you (don't take this serious):wave:

I have my share of typos on here but you call me village idiot

and where is not were

and buy is not by

Now, whether it was you or others dogging your coach last year on this forum, I am not going to research, but it happened, and if we had a beer for each post, we wouldn't make the game. But it would probably be fun right.

1stnurseryman
10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
LMAO.. And yes I no spell to good I no dat

CaliforniaTexan
10-03-2012, 12:07 AM
People get so wound up on these message boards.

29-3aFAN
10-03-2012, 01:26 AM
People get so wound up on these message boards.

Gotta love it

hookandladder
10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Look, I will back off, you guys don't seem to get the only thing that is funny from an outsider. I am not going to argue that you may have a better coach now than you did last year. I also don't have any idea what he may have allowed to happen, lord knows Giddings has gone through a situation where there was obviously a lot of things going on, it is in the past, we are happy and you guys probably are as well.

The only thing that is funny, is last year to off the guy you didn't want you dogged coaching and said you were as loaded with talent as usual. This year you contradict that and say that the talent isn't there don't blame the coach. You have given him every excuse in the book and will do the right thing and give him a chance to grow the program the way he should. With what you guys were airing last year about your coach and program, you never gave the man a chance. Who knows why, but if you are going to call someone out on here, do it correctly, not indirectly which is what I assume happened last year. You all were just looking to criticize something about him to off him. Once again, I don't really care the reasons or which is better, I just find the contradictions a little funny from the outside. Once again, you weren't even in our district last year, but I read enough of it at a glance last year because you guys are Cuero. Don't tell me I didn't read some dirty laundry last year, cause I am not a "village idiot" that can't remember what I read last year.

now I'm gonna kid with you (don't take this serious):wave:

I have my share of typos on here but you call me village idiot

and where is not were

and buy is not by

Now, whether it was you or others dogging your coach last year on this forum, I am not going to research, but it happened, and if we had a beer for each post, we wouldn't make the game. But it would probably be fun right.

Your memory is correct, I remember the posters from last year that dogged the Ex. Coach. I could name a few but will not go there, never gave the old coach a chance. Good Luck to Coach Reeves.

GobblerFaithful
10-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Just want to get this off my chest...

Had it not been for the coaching change, there's no doubt in my mind that the 2010 team would have gone undefeated through regular season play and would have beaten wimberley a second time in the playoffs. I can't say if we would have made it any further, but confident we would have gone at least 12-1 The defensive schemes definitely were no where near equivalent to that of Mark Reeves. People may doubt Travis' play calling sometimes in pressure situations, but they were still far superior to the OC of Schoenfeld. He put a hell of a game plan together every week and new how to utilize all the play makers and make game time adjustments when needed. I don't want to lay on the blame on the coaches bc we were less talented than the year before, but it did make a difference in the three close games we lost which could have gone the other way with better game planning. As for the 2011 team, there was a tremendous loss in talent and coaches even greater than the Reeve's wouldn't have been able to put together a successfull season. Same thing with this years team. Although I believe they are a step above last years team, they still aren't on the same talent level as 2010 and several years previous. You can't go blaming coaches for things they cannot control. You can't coach God given size and ability, you can only fine tune what you have been given. At the high school level a talented team can make bad coaches look better than they are and an untalented can make the best coache look terrible. Simple as that. Coaching goes a long way, but it'll never get you to the top if you don't have the athletes to go with it.

regaleagle
10-04-2012, 02:25 AM
So does this mean Cuero is gonna lose to Ingleside Friday nite, or what?

YTBulldogs
10-04-2012, 08:27 AM
So does this mean Cuero is gonna lose to Ingleside Friday nite, or what?

They done played them, last Friday RE. :1popcorn:

rojosgirl
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks, GobblerFaithful. That was well said.

buff4ever
10-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Just want to get this off my chest...

Had it not been for the coaching change, there's no doubt in my mind that the 2010 team would have gone undefeated through regular season play and would have beaten wimberley a second time in the playoffs. I can't say if we would have made it any further, but confident we would have gone at least 12-1 The defensive schemes definitely were no where near equivalent to that of Mark Reeves. People may doubt Travis' play calling sometimes in pressure situations, but they were still far superior to the OC of Schoenfeld. He put a hell of a game plan together every week and new how to utilize all the play makers and make game time adjustments when needed. I don't want to lay on the blame on the coaches bc we were less talented than the year before, but it did make a difference in the three close games we lost which could have gone the other way with better game planning. As for the 2011 team, there was a tremendous loss in talent and coaches even greater than the Reeve's wouldn't have been able to put together a successfull season. Same thing with this years team. Although I believe they are a step above last years team, they still aren't on the same talent level as 2010 and several years previous. You can't go blaming coaches for things they cannot control. You can't coach God given size and ability, you can only fine tune what you have been given. At the high school level a talented team can make bad coaches look better than they are and an untalented can make the best coache look terrible. Simple as that. Coaching goes a long way, but it'll never get you to the top if you don't have the athletes to go with it.

Mature and fair post, but doesn't change what we read on here last year from some of your posters. I respect Cuero and its history, and most of your posters, but some are out there.

AP Panther Fan
10-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Oh....that's right, they played last week.:evillol:

regaleagle
10-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Then why all the talk still this week??? Heck, I guess there was alot of stuff to discuss.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Then why all the talk still this week???
Cause, it's Cuero.