PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Buccaneers

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Almost game time...

Which Cowboys team shows up today?

I say they bounce back and get the W, 27-24.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Lol, damn...:dispntd:

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2012, 12:10 PM
That was just a great play by the corner IMO

Farmersfan
09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
That was just a great play by the corner IMO

I bet Dez was suppose to run that corner out of there.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice, we needed that pick.

Farmersfan
09-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Almost a great tackle by Miles Austin on that TD...........:doh:

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Wow, how many Cowboys had their hands on that fumble?!

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you Shipley...

Farmersfan
09-23-2012, 01:13 PM
That big ass smile on Romo's face after playing so poorly so far in this game would earn him a spot on the bench if this were my team. Maybe it's time to get a little pissed Tony!!!!!!

coach
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Almost a great tackle by Miles Austin on that TD...........:doh:

More like a great broken tackle by Murray lol

coach
09-23-2012, 01:21 PM
That big ass smile on Romo's face after playing so poorly so far in this game would earn him a spot on the bench if this were my team. Maybe it's time to get a little pissed Tony!!!!!!

And then you would be fired....

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Interesting call right there.

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2012, 01:23 PM

he has been pissed a ton today and the cameras have shown it

coach
09-23-2012, 01:26 PM

He will probably now say romo needs to stop showing that he is mad bc his teammates will see it and not play well

BwdLion73
09-23-2012, 01:28 PM
What did the hat in the endzone represent?

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 01:51 PM
What did the hat in the endzone represent?

I think Ogletree had stepped out of bounds while running his route. He wouldn't have been able to touch the ball first on that play.

BwdLion73
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I guess so...I ran back the play several times and did not see him go out. If he did I thought they would throw the hat at the spot of the violation. Oh well just glad he did not injure himself.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I guess so...I ran back the play several times and did not see him go out. If he did I thought they would throw the hat at the spot of the violation. Oh well just glad he did not injure himself.

Yeah I don't know now either. Didn't see him go out after going back and watching it.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/REPLACEMENT-REF-BANANA-PEEL.gif

Emerson1
09-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Witten needs to see the bench.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Are you kidding me Witten!?

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Lmao. Witten sucks

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Romo won't finish the year with this line.

Emerson1
09-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Anyone notice back on that almost blocked punt that the Cowboys blockers audibled the proection and moved protection from inside to outside? Then the guy that almost blocked it came straight up the middle.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Anyone notice back on that almost blocked punt that the Cowboys blockers audibled the proection and moved protection from inside to outside? Then the guy that almost blocked it came straight up the middle.

Yeah I saw that. Completely untouched on that play.

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Tell ya what...this is the type of game Dallas needed to win... a game where Romo does not play well and does not have some late game heroics yet Dallas still wins..ugly yes, but the D took a huge step in showing this is a D that can hold onto leads when offense is struggling

defense51
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Lmao. Witten sucks

:thmbdwn:

coach
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I guess romo's leadership was better this week than last

Macarthur
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
The one positive in this one was how well the defense played.

Very sloppy. Romo won't last the season if something doesn't get better up,front.

Roughneck93
09-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Safety Barry Church done for the year...torn right Achilles. Not good...:thmbdwn:

Farmersfan
09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
The one positive in this one was how well the defense played.

Very sloppy. Romo won't last the season if something doesn't get better up,front.

Seems like the Cowboys have more problems finding decent O-linemen than any other team in the NFL. Teams like the Patriots, Packers, Steelers and others are always picking up no-name o-linemen who get the job done filling in the gaps on their line. I know dominate O-linemen are rare and tough to find but usable 300lb O-linemen come out of college by the hundreds every year. I also thought my previous warning about Murray had come to fruition when he got up hurt from one of his hard hits. That guy needs to try to avoid more contact or his career isn't going to last long.

Bullaholic
09-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Ugly win with lots of mistakes---but I'll take it. Cowboys won't win many against the good teams playing like this. They still run their pass patterrns like a sandlot team, and we all know about the weaknesses of the "O" line. The linebackers, except Lee, have trouble with pass coverage---I think they ought to run the dime package more offten. Secondary seems to be doing the job, and Demarco Murray is gold.

Macarthur
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Seems like the Cowboys have more problems finding decent O-linemen than any other team in the NFL. Teams like the Patriots, Packers, Steelers and others are always picking up no-name o-linemen who get the job done filling in the gaps on their line. I know dominate O-linemen are rare and tough to find but usable 300lb O-linemen come out of college by the hundreds every year. I also thought my previous warning about Murray had come to fruition when he got up hurt from one of his hard hits. That guy needs to try to avoid more contact or his career isn't going to last long.

Yea, I don't know what the answer is. I think some of it is just bad luck. For example, I know in the 09 draft, Dallas had the center, Unger, rated high and was going to take him when Seattle jumped up right in front of them and took him with the 2nd round pick. He's a good player. But then there's guys like Brewster and Martin that were 3rd and 4th rounders that were terrible.

I sent a tweet to Broaddus and asked him if he thinks the OL issues are something that can be fixed or is it a talent issue. I"ll be interested in his answer.

buff4ever
09-24-2012, 09:44 AM

I may have missed him looking mad a time or two, but the only times I saw him mad was when he and his receivers were not on the same page. He thinks he keeps the critics off his back by making a public display showing he thinks the receiver was wrong (and probably was the receivers). The issue I have, and have said it before, is that he has this problem with his receivers a lot, prolly more than any other qb, guessing on that though. It boils down to leadership and hard work, sitting down with receivers and working with them on these game moment decisions. Surely our receivers are not dumber than every other receiver in the league. Those misscommunication or missread plays are on romo as much as the receivers, even if the receivers are getting the read wrong. I don't feel that he and his receivers have that working bond that is required to be truly successful.

FF is right, he did have that darn grin at the wrong time again yesterday, the guys I was watching with all saw it and commented, and I just took another drink. Been tired of that smile for years now.

He was getting killed, and that has to be figured out somehow, I hope for our sake that the front 7 of the bucs are that good. We couldn't run or sit in the pocket, maybe they are that good?

Bullaholic
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I may have missed him looking mad a time or two, but the only times I saw him mad was when he and his receivers were not on the same page. He thinks he keeps the critics off his back by making a public display showing he thinks the receiver was wrong (and probably was the receivers). The issue I have, and have said it before, is that he has this problem with his receivers a lot, prolly more than any other qb, guessing on that though. It boils down to leadership and hard work, sitting down with receivers and working with them on these game moment decisions. Surely our receivers are not dumber than every other receiver in the league. Those misscommunication or missread plays are on romo as much as the receivers, even if the receivers are getting the read wrong. I don't feel that he and his receivers have that working bond that is required to be truly successful.

FF is right, he did have that darn grin at the wrong time again yesterday, the guys I was watching with all saw it and commented, and I just took another drink. Been tired of that smile for years now.

He was getting killed, and that has to be figured out somehow, I hope for our sake that the front 7 of the bucs are that good. We couldn't run or sit in the pocket, maybe they are that good?

I really do think you can blame Romo's pick on both him, for throwing into an area with 2db's close to the receivers, and Bryant, for stopping and not running his route further down the sideline and taking the db with him away from where Romo threw the ball. It was Bryant's cover db who jumped the ball and made the int. I think that is what Romo was barking at Bryant about---and rightfully so.

buff4ever
09-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I really do think you can blame Romo's pick on both him, for throwing into an area with 2db's close to the receivers, and Bryant, for stopping and not running his route further down the sideline and taking the db with him away from where Romo threw the ball. It was Bryant's cover db who jumped the ball and made the int. I think that is what Romo was barking at Bryant about---and rightfully so.

I agree on that play and pic, but there were 2 incomplete passes where Romo threw the ball and ogletree once and austin another went a different direction than where Romo threw the ball. Romo visibly barks at them and shows the whole stadium and everyone watching on tv that it was the receivers fault and not his. But like I said, if his receivers aren't reading it the way he is, then he needs to work closer and more with them on getting on the same page on reads like this. He is the qb and the offensive leader, make sure your teammates are prepared and know what they are doing compared to what he is doing.

Macarthur
09-24-2012, 09:57 AM

Yeah, it was pretty clear that Dez didn't sell his route to the CB which allowed him to come off and jump the route to Miles. And even at that, the ball went right through Austin's hands to the DB. I think you could argue that there were two WR errors on that play that led to the INT. Having said all that, Tony did throw into a crowded area. The fumble where he tried to shovel the ball to Murray was a very bad play. Got to be smarter than that.

Bullaholic
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I agree on that play and pic, but there were 2 incomplete passes where Romo threw the ball and ogletree once and austin another went a different direction than where Romo threw the ball. Romo visibly barks at them and shows the whole stadium and everyone watching on tv that it was the receivers fault and not his. But like I said, if his receivers aren't reading it the way he is, then he needs to work closer and more with them on getting on the same page on reads like this. He is the qb and the offensive leader, make sure your teammates are prepared and know what they are doing compared to what he is doing.

I was like you more last season on Romo. buff4, but I have moderated this season after seeing a little more of the whole Cowboy picture. I think it is very hard to hang very much of the Cowboys offense woes on Romo when every pass play he runs is a scramble drill. You just don't get much consistency or successful execution of the passing game in the situation of continous forced instantaneous improvization on every play. What you do get is what we are seeing---occasional brillant game-changing completions offset by occasional game-changing errors. If the Cowboys "O" line ever does improve to the point where they can give Romo adequate time and protection on most pass plays, and he continues to make game-changing errors---then I'm going to re-join you in calling for Romo's head.

Macarthur
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I was like you more last season on Romo. buff4, but I have moderated this season after seeing a little more of the whole Cowboy picture. I think it is very hard to hang very much of the Cowboys offense woes on Romo when every pass play he runs is a scramble drill. You just don't get much consistency or successful execution of the passing game in the situation of continous forced instantaneous improvization on every play. What you do get is what we are seeing---occasional brillant game-changing completions offset by occasional game-changing errors. If the Cowboys "O" line ever does improve to the point where they can give Romo adequate time and protection on most pass plays, and he continues to make game-changing errors---then I'm going to re-join you in calling for Romo's head.

This and notice that Vick is getting killed along the same lines as Romo, yet the Eagles have 12 turnovers compared to Dallas' 6. Anytime your QB is running for his life, it ultimately is going to result in a negative TO margin.

slingshot
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Was at the game yesterday (and got to meet Russell Westbook on the sideline before the game!), trust me--the 'pokes main problem is their O-line. Pathetic. If this doesn't get rectified it's going to be a long season...