PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raiders (1-3) @ Yoakum Bulldogs (3-1)

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Rice will be ready for our Homecoming I assure you. Coach Brad Dumont would love nothing more than beat us, and gaining his team some confidence heading into their district season. Yoakum will have yet another starter out it appears. One of our best OL/DL players, hurt in final plays of Edna game.

Love to see Yoakum play all #2's and not chance any more main starters going down. Game is meaningless. Yes, like to get things lined out and have a good showing. But, being healthy is paramount. Plus, we have the OPEN week following, to get all players fully healthy. Have yet to play a game with all hands on deck. Sure will need them in Smithville and our district opener.

Lombardi
09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Dumont and Pujo!

hookandladder
09-23-2012, 08:28 PM
This game should be over by half, I don't think Coach Dumont can even make a difference in this one,If not a blow out then there is problems in Yoakum .

29-3aFAN
09-23-2012, 09:17 PM
This game should be over by half, I don't think Coach Dumont can even make a difference in this one,If not a blow out then there is problems in Yoakum .
I agree.

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Appears we might have some problems H&L. "Should of - could of" the past 2 weeks, but---we didn't. Play like that will not get it done in district I assure you.

Dawgfan64
09-23-2012, 10:56 PM

Oh, there ARE problems...injuries, mistakes and penalties. The Bulldogs have all the potential in the world...they are just gonna need that fire in their gut. Starting to play in the second half won't feed "the Bulldog" against quality teams. Hoping that this week is the week we turn the corner...before we have to walk into Smithville (a very hard place to win)

YTBulldogs
09-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh, there ARE problems...injuries, mistakes and penalties. The Bulldogs have all the potential in the world...they are just gonna need that fire in their gut. Starting to play in the second half won't feed "the Bulldog" against quality teams. Hoping that this week is the week we turn the corner...before we have to walk into Smithville (a very hard place to win)

DF64, you think TH plays this week, or play it safe, and give him 2 more weeks to let those broken fingers heal better and play when it matters most? Sure excited to see him in action for the first time this year.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Love to see our best athlete (Tre' Hights) finally play some in a game at QB, just to see what he can do. Can't hurt, and gotta see what he can do in a game before district. Not to mention, he can help in our secondary too. Our safeties are getting beat, letting WR get behind them. That's a cardinal no-no. CB's have played lights out IMO, especially Keith Ratley. Rat is a true shut down CD period. He's often matched up against the opponents top WR each week. Those WR's are often taken out, getting few to zippo catches. His play on the island alone, allows double coverage and help on the other potential receivers. Rice game should be a good prep game and see where we stand heading into our bye week, as we get two weeks to prepare for a tough Smithville club in our district opener. Playing in Smithville will not be easy, and probably the toughest home field advantage team we have in our district this year. We should have for a change, our entire compliment of starters fully healthy for that key game. We've had a few starters out each game this year. I hope it's all hand's on deck when we tangle with the tough and proven Tiger squad. Getting off to a 1-0 start in district would be very important, with some forthcoming talented teams to follow.

Tre' (a sophomore) is to pad up today and hit the practice field, rehabbing from a hand injury (non-throwing hand). He's not played a game all year. Should put some much needed spark back into the Bulldogs team just having him on the field. He is amazing. And, I predict he'll be one of our best athletes ever at YHS. Excited to see him in action today on the practice field. He seems fully recovered, running well and throwing the ball well, last week or so.

If Tre' don't look 85 to 100% healthy and prepared Mon through Thursday workouts, a two week extension being out wouldn't be bad, but--he needs some game action heading into the Smithville game IMO, to assure his confidence, and get accustom to the varsity speed of the game. Tre' not 100%, might still be better than most out there. YT needs this influx of his play making ability now, more than ever. I see nothing wrong, playing Tre' and Chase both, at the helm. Both offer a different look at QB. Don't want to see what Tre' can do in a crucial district game. Like to know prior to those games. A district game first showing by Tre' might be to late to find out.

One thing for sure, would be awesome to have all those injured, get 100% healthy, when we travel to Smithville. Vital these kid's understands, this road place is not a walk in the park, and they better be 100% ready when playing before those crazy home fan's Smithville will have in attendance.

Let's get a solid 4 quarters of play this Friday versus Rice, and prove to ourselves, we can play solid the entire game and most important---FINISH.

Pudlugger
09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Yoakum should win easily and in doing so sharpen their game.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Yoakum should win easily and in doing so sharpen their game.

I hope so Pud, but--this team, which is VERY talented, has me baffled. 50-0 possible, but--so to, is a 21-20 type game. It is important we click going into our OPEN week I think. Don't call the Dogs off, if we are lucky enough to click.

txsportswriter
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
If that "POTENTIAL" comes out in Yoakum this week, I say we blast the Raiders by a good four TDs. Prediction coming later this week. GO BULLDOGS!

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Tre' looked solid yesterday in first practice in pad's. No lingering issues with fingers. Appeared like he has played all season long. Nice shot in our arm, at the right time, for our Dog's. Getting him back for his first game of the year this Friday, big boost heading into district opener in Smithville. He needs some PT, just to gauge the speed of the game. Going up against the JV, just not like a Friday opponent you know.

Entire team seemed to since his presence being back. Glad that Homecoming stuff is out of the way. Glad they had the parade yesterday, instead of later in the week. Great turn out by Bulldog fan's at the parade, and then at the DOGHOUSE for the Pep Rally.

It's a good day to be a BULLDOG!!!!! GATA!!!!!

buff4ever
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
yoakum by 18 plus, prolly more like 28

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 09:49 AM
yoakum by 18 plus, prolly more like 28

I'm sensing something very dominate myself buff4ever. I'll predict tonight. Great atmosphere around here. Getting healthy helps for sure. I think we'll have only one starter out (turf toe issue) this Friday. Instead of a couple out. Hope he can return in a couple weeks for the district opener, so we head into district with what was projected, when the season started? I hate injuries.:flaming:

29-3aFAN
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
So the VY look alike is back in action?

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
So the VY look alike is back in action?

Yup, I'm sure he will need some time, but---those moves and escapes appear VY like for sure. He needs to trust the pocket will be there, cause that OL has done a great job creating one this year. Nice combo at the helm now. Both offer major different looks to a "D", and will cause issue's in preparing IMO. Just great having this kid back, and I sensed the team picked up on it too. Nice addition depth to the secondary to boot.

29-3aFAN
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Yup, I'm sure he will need some time, but---those moves and escapes appear VY like for sure. He needs to trust the pocket will be there, cause that OL has done a great job creating one this year. Nice combo at the helm now. Both offer major looks to a "D", and will cause issue's in preparing IMO. Just great having this kid back, and I sensed the team picked up on it too. Nice addition to the secondary to boot.
His only action was the Bellville scrimmage?

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
His only action was the Bellville scrimmage?

Correct.

Dawgfan64
09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Love to see our best athlete (Tre' Hights) finally play some in a game at QB, just to see what he can do. Can't hurt, and gotta see what he can do in a game before district. Not to mention, he can help in our secondary too. Our safeties are getting beat, letting WR get behind them. That's a cardinal no-no. CB's have played lights out IMO, especially Keith Ratley. Rat is a true shut down CD period. He's often matched up against the opponents top WR each week. Those WR's are often taken out, getting few to zippo catches. His play on the island alone, allows double coverage and help on the other potential receivers. Rice game should be a good prep game and see where we stand heading into our bye week, as we get two weeks to prepare for a tough Smithville club in our district opener. Playing in Smithville will not be easy, and probably the toughest home field advantage team we have in our district this year. We should have for a change, our entire compliment of starters fully healthy for that key game. We've had a few starters out each game this year. I hope it's all hand's on deck when we tangle with the tough and proven Tiger squad. Getting off to a 1-0 start in district would be very important, with some forthcoming talented teams to follow.

Tre' (a sophomore) is to pad up today and hit the practice field, rehabbing from a hand injury (non-throwing hand). He's not played a game all year. Should put some much needed spark back into the Bulldogs team just having him on the field. He is amazing. And, I predict he'll be one of our best athletes ever at YHS. Excited to see him in action today on the practice field. He seems fully recovered, running well and throwing the ball well, last week or so.

If Tre' don't look 85 to 100% healthy and prepared Mon through Thursday workouts, a two week extension being out wouldn't be bad, but--he needs some game action heading into the Smithville game IMO, to assure his confidence, and get accustom to the varsity speed of the game. Tre' not 100%, might still be better than most out there. YT needs this influx of his play making ability now, more than ever. I see nothing wrong, playing Tre' and Chase both, at the helm. Both offer a different look at QB. Don't want to see what Tre' can do in a crucial district game. Like to know prior to those games. A district game first showing by Tre' might be to late to find out.

One thing for sure, would be awesome to have all those injured, get 100% healthy, when we travel to Smithville. Vital these kid's understands, this road place is not a walk in the park, and they better be 100% ready when playing before those crazy home fan's Smithville will have in attendance.

Let's get a solid 4 quarters of play this Friday versus Rice, and prove to ourselves, we can play solid the entire game and most important---FINISH.

I have to agree with almost everything you said YT...but to call TH our best athlete might be too much. He is a very talented young man but he is in the company of some pretty solid athletes. He will make a difference and he is going to be a BEAST. Let's say he is one of our best athletes and he was missed. Let pray that everyone stays healthy now so we can get about the business of winning. For years we haven't had the confidence even when we had great athletes...winning begets winning. It's time to start EXPECTING to win and then make it so...Go Dogs!!

hookandladder
09-25-2012, 06:12 PM
I have to agree with almost everything you said YT...but to call TH our best athlete might be too much. He is a very talented young man but he is in the company of some pretty solid athletes. He will make a difference and he is going to be a BEAST. Let's say he is one of our best athletes and he was missed. Let pray that everyone stays healthy now so we can get about the business of winning. For years we haven't had the confidence even when we had great athletes...winning begets winning. It's time to start EXPECTING to win and then make it so...Go Dogs!!

Well this game should be a calkwalk for your team, so a 40 to 50 point win should definitely pump your team up heading into District. Rice is very down this year , a good tuneup for District.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM

True, but when I say athlete, I mean he does everything good. Track, basketball and multiple positions in football. Is he the best football player, I'd say no, yet. But, I'll stick with my selection of him as a top athlete, who just makes things happen. And, when he graduates in 2015, he'll be known as such IMO.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
I see a very happy home crowd this Friday for Homecoming.

Yoakum 53
Rice 13

GATA Old school!!!!!

SintonFan
09-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Well this game should be a calkwalk for your team, so a 40 to 50 point win should definitely pump your team up heading into District. Rice is very down this year , a good tuneup for District.

Rice might be down but they always have good athletes. Even with that, I think Yoakum will win by 21+.

YTBulldogs
09-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Mike or TL, have you heard how long Ratley will be out? Have not seen him at the practice facilities on Mon or Tuesday. Hope all is ok? And, he's ready for Smithville. One good thing (if there is a good thing with all these early booboo's) we've gained some depth and those filling in have stepped up and did pretty darn good in the starters spot. That depth will be vital IMO come late in some of those games against the bigger enrollment schools in our district. Got to say, Coaches did a good job game planning (sticking to it), to make sure we had suitable depth by playing numerous kid's in these ND games. Yes, I questioned at times, but---clear now, why they did.

I'm just an old EMS guy. Who am I to question the experts anyway? :vrycnfsd:

Like how things are shaping overall. OL, when they communicate prior to snap, and do their "own" assignment correctly, we look solid up front. Nice passing pockets are being formed, and the QB's now trust to stand in there longer and hit the receivers in the open window. Same with the secondary and LB'ers. Just make sure we communicate. DL is getting more push up front. Sounds simple, but--when we don't, looks like a fire drill at times out there. This week in practice, they were all very vocal in pre-reads. Do we still have a ways to go to contend with our district foes? Dern right, and they understand that---finally.

GATA DOGS!!!!

txsportswriter
09-27-2012, 02:26 AM
YT...

Tony is done for the season. He had a severe concussion and its his 4th one in the past 5 years or so. He's going to a neurologist Friday in Houston to see if he'll even be able to play next year. Poor kid. May have to give up sports all together. It's going to hurt not having him out there.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2012, 06:23 AM
YT...

Tony is done for the season. He had a severe concussion and its his 4th one in the past 5 years or so. He's going to a neurologist Friday in Houston to see if he'll even be able to play next year. Poor kid. May have to give up sports all together. It's going to hurt not having him out there.

Sad for sure. I had heard that from several people. Tony worked the hardest this off-season preparing for this season. And, one of the few ignitors with some pep/spunk. Yes, major part now missing on that OL. Ok Dogs, your turn-----"Rally for Rat", he gave his all for YT.

bp80884
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
This is a dumb question, but where is Rice? Is this the same Rice that is North of Corsicana?

hookandladder
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
This is a dumb question, but where is Rice? Is this the same Rice that is North of Corsicana?

Rice consisst of schools from ( Eagle Lake, Garwood and Sheridan ) also known as Rice Consolidated , it is about 10 miles South of Columbus,Tx. Best I could do, it is a 2A school which has been very successful in years past in football however they are in a down year.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Hope they are down tomorrow night?

Ville-D
09-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Rice consisst of schools from ( Eagle Lake, Garwood and Sheridan ) also known as Rice Consolidated , it is about 10 miles South of Columbus,Tx. Best I could do, it is a 2A school which has been very successful in years past in football however they are in a down year.

Is that seafood place still open in eagle lake? We used to go eat there when visiting my parents in La Grange.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 09:39 AM
So glad that Homecoming crowning ordeal is done prior to game, and not at halftime. Thanks whoever set this up. Been to games, when it's conducted at HT, and Lord it sure run's long.

Lombardi
09-28-2012, 01:29 PM
feel for any athlete that has to stop playing for medical reasons. Good luck to this young man!
YT...

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok, getting some solid showers currently (2PM, still drizzling, no lightning). Cooled it down 15 degrees. Appears we might have a clearing period around KO. Hope it stays dry till about 10:30 then rains several inches? Field in great shape, can take several inches and a great crown for fast draining.

defense51
09-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Yoakum by 14:thumbsup:

txsportswriter
09-28-2012, 05:27 PM
OK. With rain forecast for Yoakum tonight, I'm going to notch my prediction down a bit. Bulldogs still win, but not in blowout fashion as first predicted. I say Yoakum 26, Rice Consolidated 6. Let's go Bulldogs!

bp80884
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM

Thank you sir. I am from Corsicana and know of the town of Rice close to it. I was going to be shocked if this was the same school. All the town of Rice is consists of beer and liquior stores.

Good luck to all the kids who are competing tonight!

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Final

Rice 21
YKM- 13

What can I say. Did drop two TD's in first half, but Rice rammed it down our throat. Congrats, they out played us.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Thought these games were hard, we ain't seen nothing yet.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Final

Rice 21
YKM- 13

What can I say. Did drop two TD's in first half, but Rice rammed it down our throat. Congrats, they out played us.

Rice always has athletes. I would ask if they had coaching , too?

Looks like Cuero might win, tonight.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:25 PM
They had them some solid RB's. #10 killed us up the middle all night and #4 (QB) scrambled and made nice runs. They didn't complete a single pass. Only attempted 3 or 4 cause they were pounding it right up the gut. All went wrong, even out own officials stunk.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:29 PM
They had them some solid RB's. #10 killed us up the middle all night and #4 (QB) scrambled and made nice runs. They didn't complete a single pass. Only attempted 3 or 4 cause they were pounding it right up the gut. All went wrong, even out own officials stunk.

You guy's will learn from this. Yall will get better and make the playoffs...

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
You guy's will learn from this. Yall will get better and make the playoffs...

Just don't have it. Our best OL/DL went down tonight. Lost the 2nd best OL/DL for the season last year. We are no where as good now, as we were when we faced ya'll. Instead of improving like a team should week to week, we've gone in reverse. You play the likes of Smithville, GZ, LaGrange and Giddings like these past several games, you'll get drummed. I hope Big Willie can somehow return. Him with just with one leg, is the best we have on that line still.

Bright spot, Tre' Hights played his first game, and made some nice runs. He will be a force next 2 years, and I think those are the year's the Dogs really having a contending team. Strong JV club, will help load those teams in th future with more pieces. Chase Hermes thrw the ball well to tonight, the big WR's dropped routine catches, that could of been TD's early in the game, or kept a drive moving.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Just don't have it. Our best OL went down tonight. Too many main starters out. We are no where as good now, and we were when we faced ya'll. Instead of improving like a team should, we've reverted backwards. You play the likes of Smithville, GZ, LaGrange and Giddings like these past several games, you'll get drummed. I hope Big Willie can somehow return. Him just with one leg, is the best we have on that line still.

Maybe... maybe not. One player a team does not make.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Maybe... maybe not. One player a team does not make.

No, but two main OL/DL starters on a team out,for a team with the smallest enrollment, it does.

SintonFan
09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
No, but two main OL/DL starters on a team out,for a team with the smallest enrollment, it does.

I bet your team still makes the playoffs. :)

29-3aFAN
09-29-2012, 12:12 AM
They should of run with Hights at QB all night. He looked like a jackrabbit out there

txsportswriter
09-29-2012, 12:41 AM
'Dogs took one on the chin tonight. I hate to say it, but we'll be lucky to win a district game after a performance like tonight's. Just barely got over 100 yards of offense and that just won't cut it in District26-3A. Kids need to play with more intensity and the play calling baffled me in this one. But like I say, non-district games are just that-- non-district. The real thing starts in two weeks. Tre'vontae looked good and should get his fair share of snaps in that district opener. Let's just hope the 'Dogs turn things around.

hookandladder
09-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Wow.

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Man, I sure didn't see that one coming. Rice must have really been on fire to beat a good Yoakum team like that.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Man, I sure didn't see that one coming. Rice must have really been on fire to beat a good Yoakum team like that.

Not sure we are that good. Especially now, after losing our two top OL/DL men. One and maybe another for the year. Willie by far is our best linemen, on either side of the ball. Yes, Tre' looked good. But, so did Chase. He can't make those catches, that were right on target, and dropped. Not to mention, the OL really gave him no pocket. Yes, Tre' is able to scramble better, and with the OL hurting, we might need the better scrambler.

Pudlugger
09-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Not sure we are that good. Especially now, after losing our two top OL/DL men. One and maybe another for the year. Willie by far is our best linemen, on either side of the ball. Yes, Tre' looked good. But, so did Chase. He can't make those catches, that were right on target, and dropped. Not to mention, the OL really gave him no pocket. Yes, Tre' is able to scramble better, and with the OL hurting, we might need the better scrambler.

Losing key players can really hurt a team in more ways than one. I'm certain that the loss of those two lineman has affected the moral of the younger players so that might explain the team's off night. Now is the time for the leaders to step up and take charge. New talent will emerge with encouragement and determination. The new season is upon us and from here on out everyone in district starts with a clean slate. Good luck to your Bulldogs YT. Keep up your positive support.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Losing key players can really hurt a team in more ways than one. I'm certain that the loss of those two lineman has affected the moral of the younger players so that might explain the team's off night. Now is the time for the leaders to step up and take charge. New talent will emerge with encouragement and determination. The new season is upon us and from here on out everyone in district starts with a clean slate. Good luck to your Bulldogs YT. Keep up your positive support.

Trust me, I'll always love and fully support my Dogs and our staff. Writing on the wall though. Play MUST improve across the board by ALL. Some adjustment with the OL personnel will now have to be addressed and a challenge needs to go out to all the backups. You want it, earn it the next weeks in practice. Some jungling on the OL might need to occur for providing us our best pertection abilities. We have 2 solid weeks to shore up matters (replace our best OL'ers the best we can) and get ready for Smithville. I don't see our bye week being a time to rest and recovery. It's time to get after it more than ever, for a matter of survival in that approaching very tough district portion of the season. Which, is all that matters really. I have faith, in our staff, and I know it kills them seeing this slide backwards since Sinton.

Thing that pisses me off to no end, is those fan's in attendance, sitting on the hands (except our team moms and their hundread of support posters) and act like their at the US Golf Open, or a tennis match and give some loud support out to the kids. I heard a mouse fart Friday. Now, that's really the said part.

Trueblue
09-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with you on the fans. I also get tired of all the daddys on the field.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
I agree with you on the fans. I also get tired of all the daddys on the field.

I only know of 5, 6 daddy's out there. Two represent the Herald-Times newspaper in obtaining stat's/photos, and another who takes photos for the kid's and thier parents and at times his photos get used in the paper cause he get's good action shots. Two of those three were also asked by the coach to head up the new "DOGS" flag patrol we started this year, that run on the field after a score, turnover or just trying to get the fan's to do something for a change, like---cheer. Coach had no time to handle this new aspect, and the two dad's accpeted that assignment. One spent his own money to get those kid's face paint, wigs and blue air spray, to try and ignite the crowd, and add more spirit during what's become a dead fan base. These 3 dad's speak very positive and encouraging in motivating the kid's during the game I might add in walking through the team area to get to the other end after a punt, KO, etc.

We have a few dad's who blow up the Bulldog "run through" too. And one, on the chain crew. You know of any more? I have not seen "ALL" those dad's you speak of.

Welcome to 3ADL Trueblue, glad another Yoakum fan found the site. Let's get 100's on here.

txsportswriter
09-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Trueblue could be talking about one of the coaches that has a kid playing. There are a lot of dads around if you think about it. I don's see how that could be a problem through. If anything, it's a boost. Shows that some dads care. SMH !

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Trueblue could be talking about one of the coaches that has a kid playing.

I guess so. But, hell--they are coaches and should be there. We have two son's on varsity I believe, who's dad is a coach too. I just have not seen the "all the daddy's" he speaks of. But, I have not been on the visitors side. Maybe he means over there we have some dad's on the field?

Trueblue
09-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope. Talking about photographers, "stat keepers" that get put up in the stands at out of town games, and one dad that occasionally just is a "hanger on". I don't have a problem with the dads helping with the bulldog or the Lion dad helping with chains. Just don't remember any dads on the sidelines near the players when I played. Just MHO.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, I'm that dad you speak of then. In Edna, was on the track, as advised to be by official before game. Was keeping stat's for paper. Official still didn't like me supporting verbally down inside the ten to my Bulldogs, and asked me to leave. Which I did, no biggy. With press crediatials, I have a right to be down there (out of team area) and support and yell as loud as I like to my own team. And, will continue to do so.

If you recall, the officiating crew was pitiful and should of worried more about all the holding, and not some "stat keeper" yelling for his team, from outside the team area.

hookandladder
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Nope. Talking about photographers, "stat keepers" that get put up in the stands at out of town games, and one dad that occasionally just is a "hanger on". I don't have a problem with the dads helping with the bulldog or the Lion dad helping with chains. Just don't remember any dads on the sidelines near the players when I played. Just MHO.

I hear you, that would never happen in La Grange. All dads should be in the stands with all the rest armchair coaches, one thing I learned years ago from being a coaches husband is to just watch the game and leave the coaching to the real coaches. Nothing like sitting in the stands and listening to stupid fans that think they know more then the coaches on the field, no armchair coach knows more then the HC. Nuff said.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 10:39 PM
They should of run with Hights at QB all night. He looked like a jackrabbit out there

Tre' is amazing huh, 3aFAN? Either as a RB, WR or QB, he'd be in there. Now, can you imagine him running the "wildcat"? Yikes!!!!

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 10:45 PM

Come run the flag's for us Tb? Having trouble each week, keeping the same recruits. :cheerl:

Heck, my old butt had to run it a few times cause the kids left, when we were marching to beat H'V. LOL.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Just don't remember any dads on the sidelines near the players when I played. Just MHO.

Was the towns newspaper sports writer son on your team when you played back in the day?