PDA

View Full Version : Best quarterback in Region 4

spirate_9
07-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Who do y'all think is the best quarterback in Region 4??

toby070
07-05-2002, 02:11 PM
McGee from Burnet is very good, and in Burnet's system, he'll light it up this year and next year.

Wimberley's QB, Hootie Churchman, is going to be a good one, but may be a year away from really shining.

Chris Hart
07-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Burnet has the best QB and WR in Reg.4 in Stephen McGee and Jordan Shipley.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

sinfan75
07-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Adrian Alaniz of Sinton,and he'll have FIVE to throw to!!

footballgal
07-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Junior Quarterback from Hidalgo Pirates District 32-AAA, don't even remember the boy's name. But,I am sure we will hear from him.

He started last year as a sophomore, for Hidalgo. This young gentleman might make the Hidalgo Pirates the darkhorse in the district.

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 06, 2002).]

footballgal
07-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
Adrian Alaniz of Sinton,and he'll have FIVE to throw to!!

Wow, he sounds very dangerous for all opposing teams. Isn't he the same player that Sinton had in baseball, as their ace pitcher?

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 06, 2002).]

spirate_9
07-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Yea, Adrian was the ace pitcher for Sinton. He was 17-0 on the year and is undefeated in 3 years, 34-0.

footballgal
07-07-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by spirate_9:
Yea, Adrian was the ace pitcher for Sinton. He was 17-0 on the year and is undefeated in 3 years, 34-0.

I have admit he sounds very impressive and give him all the props that is an impressive record!

Chris Hart
07-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Is this politics I'm reading about?Play football for Hidalgo,baseball for Sinton, and now back to Hidalgo sounds like Bill Clinton's involved somehow.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

SintonFan
07-08-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:
Is this politics I'm reading about?Play football for Hidalgo,baseball for Sinton, and now back to Hidalgo sounds like Bill Clinton's involved somehow.

I fail to see how the above threads went from Hidalgo to Sinton and back. Please don't involve 'Slick Willy's' name with my favorite team. Your treading on bridge burning ground there! Don't burn it! LOL...

footballgal
07-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:

I am sorry Mr. Hart but Hidalgo was only mentioned once and it was by me. (go back & read for yourself)

As far as politics, that is the number#1 subject on my UNfavorite list which by the way is a VERY small list. So, please don't misunderstand or confuse politics, with me being a TRUE FOOTBALL fan. Because as one, I can have an objective view of good players and football teams.
Thank you that is all : )

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 08, 2002).]

sinton66
07-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Alaniz is one of the top 3 3A quarterbacks in the entire state, not just R4. He is also probably the top pitching prospect in 3A baseball this coming year. Sinton's diverse offense and many weapons will prevent him from posting major numbers, but he will make a VERY big impact on 3A football AND baseball this season. He may be the #2 QB in the state according to Jacket in an earlier thread. Definite D1 prospect with an offer already in hand (baseball and football).

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 08, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
07-08-2002, 03:33 PM
My guess is Adrian Alaniz is one of the top 3 QB's in the state. It's hard to compare records- Example, Bridgeport's QB has to pass, while Sinton would never need to pass to win a normal game.

Chris Hart
07-08-2002, 06:49 PM
My mistake guys and gals I read the posts wrong.I apologize.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

M.PIRATEFAN
07-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Mathis has a very good qb as well. Omar Medrano #8, who can run the option real well and not to mention run our Wing-T offense to perfection, if you know what i mean. He also can pass the ball so look out!!!!!!!!!!

Meat
07-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Alaniz can take over a game and this year look for him to post big numbers

sinton66
07-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Sinton's offense is so diverse, using multiple rb's and receivers, it would be hard for Adrian to post really big numbers. Quarterbacks that post 3000 to 4000 yds passing are able to do so because their team has no running game, and they HAVE to throw. Sinton will not have that problem. For my money, he will be the QB to watch this year!
But Meat, you might be right, everybody may key on Julian and Bubba, and he might HAVE to throw more. Kind of depends on what kind of line we're going to have. Welcome to the board by the way!

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 09, 2002).]

bc 76
07-13-2002, 07:59 PM
WHARTON QB MATT MCINTYRE WILL BE ONE OF THE TOP QB IN REGION 4.MATT HAD 1600 YDS PASSING LAST YEAR,MATT IS 6-2 190 4.6 SPEED.HE IS CONSIDERD TO BE THE BEST PLAYER IN DIST.HE LEAD WHARTONS 7-7 TEAM THIS SUMMER,AND BEAT SOME OF THE TOP 4& 5A TEAM IN HOUSTON AREA.

SintonFan
07-14-2002, 12:32 AM
I don't know about yall, but it sounds like region four has alot of talented QB's. Look for some good things from region four this fall!

Big Tarp 74
07-29-2002, 08:26 PM
I agree, a team must be balance on both sides of the ball, if you are not, i doubt you will get very far. If your all running not much passing, the other team will attempt to just stop the run. If you are all passing and little running. They will rush your quarterback all night. As for who will win the pass records, it will most likley goto Bridgeport's QB, but not because he is better, only because, Bridgeport does not have much of a running game.

Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
My guess is Adrian Alaniz is one of the top 3 QB's in the state. It's hard to compare records- Example, Bridgeport's QB has to pass, while Sinton would never need to pass to win a normal game.

bc 76
07-29-2002, 08:40 PM
I just wanted to know about sintons qb.DCTF list him at 6-3 210.Then i heard he is smaller 6-1 180 4.5 speed.If sintons plays against a team with lots of speed will this present a problem for him.Also were adrians numbers correct in DCTF.If you go by his numbers he put up i would think he would have been listed higher when it came to the top qb in the state.

sinfan75
07-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Adrian is 6'2" and will probably play around 190 maybe 200.Slims down for baseball.

sinton66
07-29-2002, 09:52 PM
bc_76, most teams discovered very quickly last year when they played Sinton that the ability to bring a track team to the game was more of a necessity than an advantage. Sinton's skill players are fast. In addition, if you look at passing numbers, there were several with lots more yards than Adrian. He didn't throw a WHOLE lot, but did well when he did throw.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 29, 2002).]