5. Sealy
6. Bellville
7. Wimberley
8. Smithville
9. Wharton
10. Yoakum

Snotbubbles
09-22-2012, 01:26 PM
1. El Campo Ricebirds (no one stop's them)
2. Gonzales (have mercy on us, LOL)
3. LaGrange (clicking finally and great depth)
4. Giddings (Columbus 40, really?)
5. Sealy (always in the hunt. Is RB out for year? If not, they'll be up near top when he does return)
6. Somerset (QB pick you apart)
7. Smithville (Great players, best home field advantage location, tough ND schedule)
8. Yoakum (3-1 and have not fired yet, key player injury's returning by district)
9. Wharton (better each week, top 5 by season's end)
10. Wimberley (still confused what they really have there)

Dawgfan64
09-22-2012, 01:57 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. Sealy
5. LaGrange
6. Bellville
7. Wimberley
8. Somerset
9. Wharton
10. Yoakum

YTBulldogs
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. Sealy
5. LaGrange
6. Bellville
7. Wimberley
8. Somerset
9. Wharton
10. Yoakum

Like most your rankings here buddy. But, I still say Smithville (2-2) is a top 10 team. Hell, look at their ND schedule. No Victoria North's, Beeville's, Lockhart's or even solid 2A schools. We should soon see first-hand. What a district opener, huh? And on the road to boot.:helpme:

warhorsejoe
09-22-2012, 03:47 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. La Grange
5. Sealy
6. Wharton
7. Bellville
8. Devine
9. Wimberley
10. Somerset

my ten.

speedbump
09-23-2012, 09:24 AM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. Sealy
5. Wharton
6. Devine
7. La Grange
8. Bellville
9. Somerset
10. Yoakum

Tejastrue
09-23-2012, 12:11 PM
1. Giddings
2. Wimberley
3. El Campo
4. Gonzales
5. Sealy
6. Bellville
7. Devine
8. Yoakum
9. La Grange
10. Navarro

Gone Fishing
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. Sealy
5. Wharton
6. Devine
7. La Grange
8. Bellville
9. Somerset
10. Yoakum

LOL... No Wimberley? WE Gave up 3 loooong plays to Giddings and still had a chance to win at the end and a good 4A Dripping Springs team that is in top 25 in 4A had it tied at half and then lost starting QB /Safety second play of second half but still only lost by 14 AAAND we can't even be in your top 10 in R4?.....Lol again

Dawgfan64
09-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Like most your rankings here buddy. But, I still say Smithville (2-2) is a top 10 team. Hell, look at their ND schedule. No Victoria North's, Beeville's, Lockhart's or even solid 2A schools. We should soon see first-hand. What a district opener, huh? And on the road to boot.:helpme:

Had to find a place for Somerset and QB Detmer...at 2-2 Smithville was the obvious choice. Their win over Marble Falls was pretty impressive but they have lost their last two...giving up 49 and 28 points respectively to Liberty Hill and Sealy. Yeah, I heard myself...LH and Sealy. They can score but they can also give up points. Not afraid of them IF we play our game...more worried about the last 3 district games but we'll have to play them one at a time.

Sville
09-24-2012, 09:35 AM
1.El Campo
2.Giddings
3.Wharton
4.Sealy
5.Devine
6.Ingleside
7.Sinton
8.La Grange
9.Bellville
10.Wimberley

txsportswriter
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. LaGrange
4. Gonzales
5. Sealy
6. Bellville
7. Wimberley
8. Yoakum
9. Smithville
10. Columbus

speedbump
09-24-2012, 03:48 PM
LOL... No Wimberley? WE Gave up 3 loooong plays to Giddings and still had a chance to win at the end and a good 4A Dripping Springs team that is in top 25 in 4A had it tied at half and then lost starting QB /Safety second play of second half but still only lost by 14 AAAND we can't even be in your top 10 in R4?.....Lol again

So, what's your top ten? Wimberly number one followed closely by shoulda, coulda and woulda?

MUSTANG69
09-24-2012, 04:50 PM
El Campo
Giddings
LaGrange
Sealy
Gonzales
Wharton
Devine
Bellville
LaVernia
Smithville

wimbo_pro
09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Ha!! No Wimberley in Top 10 in Region 4 by a few posters...wow. Totally lost.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
So, what's your top ten? Wimberly number one followed closely by shoulda, coulda and woulda?

Speedbump...there is this place called "middle ground". We sure as heck dont deserve to be #1...maybe not even the top 5 or so at this point...but not even in the top 10? You have GOT to be kidding yourself, or know absolutely nothing of Wimberley in the last 10 years.

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:23 PM

Nope.....But in front of Yoakum,Somerset, bellville, La Grange, Devine, Wharton, Sealy and Gonzales.

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
1. El Campo
2. Giddings
3. Gonzales
4. Sealy
5. Wharton
6. Devine
7. La Grange
8. Bellville
9. Somerset
10. Yoakum

Whoops Speed, I forgot to put your Wimberleyless picks on the previous post......

Snotbubbles
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Nope.....But in front of Yoakum,Somerset, bellville, La Grange, Devine, Wharton, Sealy and Gonzales.

I don't see WT beating any of those you mentioned GF. I know it's hard to believe after winning state last year, and having a son playing a key position for the Texans. But, WT just ain't got it this year. Playoff's maybe? It happens to the best programs. Heck, look at Cuero. They could very well go 1-9, and they were claiming it was the coaches fault and no QB last year. They got both in one signing this year, and they still can't win games they use to win big in. It's called reduced talent, and both elite programs just happen to be going through that period in their programs. It happens. Hate to be blunt, but---also hate to see you dogging those other teams you mentioned. Have you seen any of them play this year? I did catch your game against LV and I wasn't impressed like I was last year in the Devine game I seen WT play. That team was dominating, and had talent all over the field.

Pudlugger
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Oh I don't know Gone fishing. I think La Grange and several of these other teams would beat Wimberley at this point in the season. Maybe they will get better as they have the tradition and coaching but right now they are not playing like a top ten team.:stirpot:

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't see WT beating any of those you mentioned GF. I know it's hard to believe after winning state last year, and having a son playing a key position for the Texans. But, WT just ain't got it this year. Playoff's maybe? It happens to the best programs. Heck, look at Cuero. They could very well go 1-9, and they were claiming it was the coaches fault and no QB last year. They got both in one signing this year, and they still can't win games they use to win big in. It's called reduced talent, and both elite programs just happen to be going through that period in their programs. It happens. Hate to be blunt, but---also hate to see you dogging those other teams you mentioned. Have you seen any of them play this year? I did catch your game against LV and I wasn't impressed like I was last year in the Devine game I seen WT play. That team was dominating, and had talent all over the field.

A poll is a poll and thats all it is. And I do believe we could beat the teams I mentioned and no I haven't see them all play. Have you or anybody else doing fan POLLS. I understand programs very well and this one had a couple of years 07 and 08 that talent was down and everyone knew it and excepted it and still went to all the games and did everything we do every year. This team is not Cuero or any other example you want to give, it is Wimberley and Talent on this team is not down much this year at all for Wimberley standards, BUT the depth is way down and that may or may not be the difference this year. Last year and the year before had so many good players that it was crazy and no one had to go both ways. Some may have been better than the guy on the other side of the ball but not enough to make a difference to have to go both ways. And thats not the case this year. Our talent has to be on the field all the time this year,. (like many 3A teams) We do have 10 starters that you saw play against Devine last year back this year and quite a few also that didn't start but were there on special teams or back ups. Everyone has injuries and I guess its an excuse but we have had no less than 3 major players out the first 3 games or part of them and one last game. All are back starting this week, hopefully we got that out of the way early in the season. Oh and did you mean having a son playing a key position last year on the State Championship team or did you mean having a son playing a key position this year on our bad team, "that just ain't got it" ? and what if I told you I had all girls....and I love Cheerl leading too...LOL

Gone Fishing
09-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Oh I don't know Gone fishing. I think La Grange and several of these other teams would beat Wimberley at this point in the season. Maybe they will get better as they have the tradition and coaching but right now they are not playing like a top ten team.:stirpot:

How do you know, Have you seen Giddings and Dripping Springs play?

speedbump
09-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Speedbump...there is this place called "middle ground". We sure as heck dont deserve to be #1...maybe not even the top 5 or so at this point...but not even in the top 10? You have GOT to be kidding yourself, or know absolutely nothing of Wimberley in the last 10 years.

I'm sure if this poll was a region 4 top ten over the last ten years I'd have them at or very near the top, but it isn't. I'm ranking a team that so far has scratched out a one point win over a team when they were favored by 40 or more,lost the next two while being favored in both and finally beat a team that has one win this year. They can raise my opinion by actually producing an impressive victory. The LH game is about their last chance to do that before the second round of the playoffs. We shall see.

Pudlugger
09-25-2012, 06:57 AM
How do you know, Have you seen Giddings and Dripping Springs play?

Well half of teams you listed play LG each year so I have seen them for the past 16 seasons. As for this season we will play Gonzales, Yoakum, and Giddings in district. If we make it to the playoffs we might play the others. I think I have a decent grasp of the competition for LG this year. These are tough teams in a tough district so we shall see soon enough who is better. That being said I stick to my original statement that at this point Wimberley is not de facto better than these teams.